• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-5 2014

Started by Pastureboy21, January 17, 2014, 11:30:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pastureboy21

The new 3a-5 conference:
Bismarck
Centerpoint
Episcopal Collegiate
Glen Rose
Harmony Grove
Jessieville
Prescott

ECS and Prescott are the new comers. It's still very early but does anyone have predictions for how this conference will turn out? I think Glen Rose and ECS are the top two but that is more of a blind guess. Thoughts?

SuperTurfMonkey

Idoknow

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on January 17, 2014, 12:23:31 pm
Prescott, ECS, GR
How many starters does the three lose and who has the most coming back?

crmorrow24

Prescott has to be the early favorite next year.  They have alot comming back, plus a good group from the Jr. high team.

cdelaney

Quote from: crmorrow24 on January 17, 2014, 01:58:41 pm
Prescott has to be the early favorite next year.  They have alot comming back, plus a good group from the Jr. high team.
ECS loses QB who also was all conference safety, and also their best lineman #55 (both ways); and 3 other seniors who played a lot and contributed. Have a talented but untested QB; all other skill positions coming back, and some promising lineman to step in. If the QB can step up they should be ok. I don't know GR at all, but know their tradition of success over past few years, and that Burton is coming back; but know they are losing more to graduation than most; also hear they are tough on Refs! Saw Prescott in playoffs in the hurricane and they had a young and physical team which I am sure will improve; they should probably be the favorites next Fall.
Does anyone know where the games between Prescott, ECS, and GR will be played next year?

KOJACK

Prescott will be better. It should be a 3 team race imo with Prescott 1 ECS 2 and GR 3. Glen Rose could be a wild card. With burton back if they can get something from the qb they could be tough. Prescott lost 1 starter on off and 3 on def. From what I hear their offseason is going well. They have 30+ kids in it.

crmorrow24

Quote from: KOJACK on January 21, 2014, 08:26:44 am
Prescott will be better. It should be a 3 team race imo with Prescott 1 ECS 2 and GR 3. Glen Rose could be a wild card. With burton back if they can get something from the qb they could be tough. Prescott lost 1 starter on off and 3 on def. From what I hear their offseason is going well. They have 30+ kids in it.
Hopefully, Kojack the Curley Wolves are hungry this year.

Pastureboy21

Prescott was a great team last year. I think coaching is their biggest problem. We all know Prescott is coming for ECS next year.

ECS will be second year in the new offense with a new senior QB who, like cd said, is talented but unproven. I see ECS having another great year in 2014.
Go Cats

crmorrow24

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on January 22, 2014, 10:55:03 am
Prescott was a great team last year. I think coaching is their biggest problem. We all know Prescott is coming for ECS next year.

ECS will be second year in the new offense with a new senior QB who, like cd said, is talented but unproven. I see ECS having another great year in 2014.
Go Cats
Prescott was far from GREAT, and no coaching is not the problem.  We lost too many skill players the year before.  With alot coming back, the Curley Wolves should make a deeper run in 2014.

KOJACK

Go Cats
Could you elaborate on coaching being their problem? Or are you just one of those guys who says something just to hear yourself talk? I've been around the Prescott coaches quite a bit and the funny thing is I never saw you around, so what are you basing this statement on?

Pastureboy21

Quote from: KOJACK on January 23, 2014, 08:13:36 am

Go Cats
Could you elaborate on coaching being their problem? Or are you just one of those guys who says something just to hear yourself talk? I've been around the Prescott coaches quite a bit and the funny thing is I never saw you around, so what are you basing this statement on?
I do indeed like hearing my self type*. It's just my opinion after seeing the amount of athletes when Prescott played ECS last year. I'm not saying they are baad people or anything like that, just that I do not think they get the ball in their playmakers hands enough.

KOJACK

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on January 23, 2014, 09:02:00 am

Go Cats
I do indeed like hearing my self type*. It's just my opinion after seeing the amount of athletes when Prescott played ECS last year. I'm not saying they are baad people or anything like that, just that I do not think they get the ball in their playmakers hands enough.
Funny I thought the same about y'all. Weren't y'all in contention in basketball and track? How many times did y'all get it to your stud? Not many if I remember correctly. Maybe the weather had something to do with it... just a thought

AnotherTurfMonkey

I'm sure with Preskitt leaving the 6 and joining the 5..  Ole Snoopy and Kojack along with cmarrow24 will say that 6 is the weakest and now the 5 is the powerhouse! ;D

KOJACK

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on January 23, 2014, 09:37:55 am
I'm sure with Preskitt leaving the 6 and joining the 5..  Ole Snoopy and Kojack along with cmarrow24 will say that 6 is the weakest and now the 5 is the powerhouse! ;D
5 is a powerhouse now. 6 isn't the weakest... but its pretty weak. ;D

crmorrow24

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on January 23, 2014, 09:37:55 am
You bet.  5 will be the strongest this year.

WPWells

4 is stronger than 5

KOJACK

adaptedtigerfan

4 is defiantly stronger than 5...

Pastureboy21

Quote from: KOJACK on January 23, 2014, 09:08:37 am

Go Cats
Funny I thought the same about y'all. Weren't y'all in contention in basketball and track? How many times did y'all get it to your stud? Not many if I remember correctly. Maybe the weather had something to do with it... just a thought
That's great you felt that about us. Thats your opinion, curley

KOJACK

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on January 23, 2014, 12:34:40 pm

Go Cats
Everywhere you look y'all have 6'4" 200lbser all over the place. I heard y'alls coach is leaving...that's a shame. Can't blame him though. You gotta strike while the iron is hot. If he plans on retiring he better get out of that private school business. Plus y'all losing your best offense and defensive player. I think he sees the writing on the wall.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: KOJACK on January 23, 2014, 12:53:43 pm

Go Cats
Everywhere you look y'all have 6'4" 200lbser all over the place. I heard y'alls coach is leaving...that's a shame. Can't blame him though. You gotta strike while the iron is hot. If he plans on retiring he better get out of that private school business. Plus y'all losing your best offense and defensive player. I think he sees the writing on the wall.
Our Coach is definitely not leaving... can you please tell me one player that is 6'4 200?

cdelaney

Quote from: crmorrow24 on January 22, 2014, 11:09:57 am

Go Cats
Prescott was far from GREAT, and no coaching is not the problem.  We lost too many skill players the year before.  With alot coming back, the Curley Wolves should make a deeper run in 2014.
Think he meant LAST year as in 2012. Not sure about his issue with coaching.

KOJACK

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on January 23, 2014, 01:38:50 pm

Go Cats
Our Coach is definitely not leaving... can you please tell me one player that is 6'4 200?
I could start with the 2 with the same last name...but I don't put names out like that on this board.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: KOJACK on January 24, 2014, 08:29:27 am
Quote from: Pastureboy21 on January 23, 2014, 01:38:50 pm

Go Cats
I could start with the 2 with the same last name...but I don't put names out like that on this board.
Neither of them is 6'4 and only one of them is 200. good try tho  ;D

KOJACK

January 24, 2014, 09:12:36 am #24 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:26:25 am by KOJACK
Oh ok, since you said it I'll go with you instead of what my eyes told me. ::)

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: KOJACK on January 24, 2014, 09:12:36 am

Awesome.  How did you get your eyes to talk, and measure, and weigh young football players? That is a great talent.

KOJACK

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 24, 2014, 11:22:11 am

Awesome.  How did you get your eyes to talk, and measure, and weigh young football players? That is a great talent.
Its a skill only masters have. One day young grass hopper you may be able to. Until then continue on just seeing with your eyes and using scales to weigh and arguing with Charleston. ;D

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: KOJACK on January 24, 2014, 01:08:29 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 24, 2014, 11:22:11 am

Its a skill only masters have. One day young grass hopper you may be able to. Until then continue on just seeing with your eyes and using scales to weigh and arguing with Charleston. ;D

You've never lived until you've argued with chuckytown boys or girls.  I mean, i know there is absolutely no way to ever win an arguement with them.  It's just so hard to not argue though.

adaptedtigerfan

You are getting smarter every day there , OLDSCHOOL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas