• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Genoa Central football

Started by loyal fan, January 11, 2014, 10:19:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

loyal fan

WPWells

I don't think it matters who coaches them

loyal fan

Probably not but if ur a GC kid/parent I'm sure it's very important

Dayton Kitchens

I've been there before.    The school and facilities are quite nice and the community is a very pleasant one.

WPWells

Genoa Central's on the road to success...

KOJACK

They are like Fouke, if yhey get the right guy in there they could be pretty good. I think they are known as a baseball school. I'd heard that the baseball players didn't play football. Kinda wild if you ask me. If you have state champ baseball players you should be at least decent in football.

WPWells

I agree. It seems to me that a lot of the time success in football and success in baseball correlate more closely than success in basketball

LCC

Word is that Genoa hired Phillip Binkley from Redwater Texas.

loyal fan

Quote from: LCC on January 12, 2014, 10:14:46 am
Word is that Genoa hired Phillip Binkley from Redwater Texas.
I know Binkley. Very good young coach

loyal fan

loyal fan

DerekOxford

The Redwater assistant was hired.

loyal fan

snoopy22

He used to be at Lafayette County.

loyal fan

XFalkonz

Started in January and has made a great impression on the staff,players and community.

KOJACK

Wonder why he didn't have success nor stay in Lafayette Co?

loyal fan

Quote from: KOJACK on February 23, 2014, 08:20:48 pm
I would be willing to be the was the most successful coach LC has ever had sense consolidation.

KOJACK

Quote from: loyal fan on February 24, 2014, 09:00:18 am
Quote from: KOJACK on February 23, 2014, 08:20:48 pm
I would be willing to be the was the most successful coach LC has ever had sense consolidation.
That ain't sayin much

HorseFeathers

Has LC made the playoffs since 2003?

KOJACK

Quote from: HF on February 24, 2014, 06:37:57 pm
I think they made it in 2010. They only won 4 or 5 games that year, but you know how everyone makes the playoffs nowadays...

jay nelvin

Quote from: KOJACK on February 25, 2014, 09:20:53 am
I think they made it in 2010. They only won 4 or 5 games that year, but you know how everyone makes the playoffs nowadays...
Hey now, ask the 1997 #1 seed Beebe Badgers how that 4-6 Prescott team turned out for them in the playoffs:)

snoopy22

crmorrow24

Quote from: snoopy22 on March 04, 2014, 11:09:01 am
Lol....I saw it.
Rumor has it, some red head from Prescott #12 went off that night for the Curley Wolves.

Hogwild#9

I thought they only played baseball at GC....

HOOPSTER

You guys must be from Prescott? Anyone know about our coaching situation?

loyal fan

Burpsnart

Quote from: jay nelvin on March 01, 2014, 02:57:51 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on February 25, 2014, 09:20:53 am
Hey now, ask the 1997 #1 seed Beebe Badgers how that 4-6 Prescott team turned out for them in the playoffs:)

That was a heck of a game. Had a front row seat. Wasn't expecting much going in, just something to do on a Friday night, but the Wolves had that tradition on their side. They turned the lights out in Beebe that night. Who was the "redheaded" #12 someone refers to later on. He was pretty good that night, I agree. How did Prescott do that season?

crmorrow24

Ended up losing to Star City.  The red head was AKA Jay Nelvin.........  but if you go back to AAA and look in the records books you will find his real name.

AnyBallWillDo

Quote from: loyal fan on April 10, 2014, 08:57:25 am
How is it going in GC?

From what I have been told he is already getting the guys ready for fall. Seems to be organized and focused.

AHS06

GC should have consolidated with Arkansas High (Texarkana) back in 2004-2005.  They had a really good baseball team that won state but that's the only highlight at GC.

DerekOxford

Quote from: AHS06 on June 02, 2014, 05:11:55 pm
GC should have consolidated with Arkansas High (Texarkana) back in 2004-2005.  They had a really good baseball team that won state but that's the only highlight at GC.

They won state the weekend before last as well. Very strong baseball program.

AHS06

Quote from: DerekOxford on June 03, 2014, 10:08:57 am

Yeah, I still wouldn't be surprised if the consolidation talk starts to circulate again.  The baseball team was really good this year and was underdog at the state game.

JackofallTrades

he took Lc to quarterfinals 06-07 they went first round 07-08 and first round 08-09..just some knowledge for those speaking on a team they know crap about

Baseballjunkie43

Quote from: AHS06 on June 03, 2014, 10:59:59 am

Yeah, I still wouldn't be surprised if the consolidation talk starts to circulate again.  The baseball team was really good this year and was underdog at the state game.

How can you be the underdog when you are ranked number one in the state, and already beat the team you are playing in the state championship once, makes no sense. If anything AHS needs Genoa students, not the other way around. AHS has literally nothing to offer Genoa besides welding classes. AHS will be run by the state before long anyway.

AHS06

Quote from: Baseballjunkie43 on June 03, 2014, 10:42:55 pm
Quote from: AHS06 on June 03, 2014, 10:59:59 am

How can you be the underdog when you are ranked number one in the state, and already beat the team you are playing in the state championship once, makes no sense. If anything AHS needs Genoa students, not the other way around. AHS has literally nothing to offer Genoa besides welding classes. AHS will be run by the state before long anyway.
Why would AHS need any of Genoa students?  Genoa students are constantly being bussed to AHS.  Outside of Texarkana and Southern Arkansas Genoa did not get the respect they earned until after they won state.  That is not a bad thing because every school in Southern Arkansas face the same challenges.  BTW AHS is nowhere near being taken over by the state and never will...Fact of the matter is GC needs AHS.  GC fought hard to not consolidate but the topic may surface again. 

XFalkonz

Why in the name of God would GC ever need AHS? GC kids are being bussed to AHS for welding and cosmotogly ....and we pay for it every year. Why would our kids need AHS? The scores are higher at GC and the discipline and atmosphere for learning is way better. AHS is a hair away from the state coming in and the only reason they haven't been taken over is because the state doesn't want that kind of a headache. The topic may come up inside the city.....but it won't come up out in genoa ...I know too many TASD parents that are dying to get their kids to GC

AHS06

Quote from: XFalkonz on June 05, 2014, 12:35:14 am
Why in the name of God would GC ever need AHS? GC kids are being bussed to AHS for welding and cosmotogly ....and we pay for it every year. Why would our kids need AHS? The scores are higher at GC and the discipline and atmosphere for learning is way better. AHS is a hair away from the state coming in and the only reason they haven't been taken over is because the state doesn't want that kind of a headache. The topic may come up inside the city.....but it won't come up out in genoa ...I know too many TASD parents that are dying to get their kids to GC
Great to see that GC still has that fight in them...The question is why did the state want to consolidate GC with TASD?  Another great point only the people within GC would not see the benefits of consolidating with TASD.  Plus AHS has well over 1,000 more students than GC one can only expect typical problems.  Both districts have their high and low points...

Dayton Kitchens

I thought people moved to Genoa to get away from Texarkana?   

AHS06

XFalkonz

I assume the state wanted to do with GC what they wanted to do with all smaller schools...consolidate them with larger schools to lower the number I districts. But the reality is that there is no overwhelming advantage for GC to consolidate. There is a huge advantage for AHS. It won't happen...I won't say ever but it won't happen in my lifetime

AHS06

Quote from: XFalkonz on June 05, 2014, 03:20:28 pm
I assume the state wanted to do with GC what they wanted to do with all smaller schools...consolidate them with larger schools to lower the number I districts. But the reality is that there is no overwhelming advantage for GC to consolidate. There is a huge advantage for AHS. It won't happen...I won't say ever but it won't happen in my lifetime
I wouldn't consider GC district to be as small as others that were consolidated.  Example:  Lewisville and Stamps to make Lafayette County was a done deal.  GC is even larger than Fouke and Prescott.  In any situation the larger school would have more benefits when taking over a smaller school.  I am glad it didn't happen and hope it never does because if GC consolidate the whole community would suffer.  I am pro Texarkana (Arkansas) and Texarkana (USA)  But I wouldn't be surprised if the talk starts to circulate again.

loyal fan

XFalkonz

Decent numbers for summer workouts. Going to be young but they are working hard

loyal fan

Quote from: XFalkonz on June 05, 2014, 04:40:05 pm
Decent numbers for summer workouts. Going to be young but they are working hard
Great. Rooting for them

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: AHS06 on June 05, 2014, 01:01:57 pm
Genoa is Texarkana

I was thinking more "closer to the rest of the town"

AirWarren

Hoghead

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 05, 2014, 05:05:24 pm
Quote from: AHS06 on June 05, 2014, 01:01:57 pm
Genoa is Texarkana

I was thinking more "closer to the rest of the town"

How much closer can it be ? Heck take the Genoa Rd exit off of I-549 and you're there. Go to the next exit (9TH Street/HWY 82) hang a left drive about 1 mile to Jefferson Ave and you're at Arkansas High ! Genoa Central is in Texarkana. Heck, you can drive to any of the 6 High Schools in Texarkana in 10 minutes or less. Pleasent Grove, Texas High, Liberty Eylau, Arkansas High, Trinity Christian and Genoa Central are no where from each other. 12 more minutes down I-549 you're in Fouke. Take HWY 82 West and you're in Stamps (Lafayette County) in 20 minutes. I-30 East for about 25 minutes you're in Hope. HWY 71 North for 15 minutes and you're in Ashdown. I-30 West for 15 Minutes and you're in New Boston, Texas.

jr17

Athletically speaking I see the consolidation thing working out better for AHS. Genoa has one of the top 3A baseball programs in the state. Why would they want to give that up?

AHS06

Quote from: jr17 on July 15, 2014, 06:30:51 am
Athletically speaking I see the consolidation thing working out better for AHS. Genoa has one of the top 3A baseball programs in the state. Why would they want to give that up?
AHS has state titles in baseball also...Trinity Christian has a stellar baseball program...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas