• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two Rivers Caleb Lisenbey named Tri County Defensive Player of the year!

Started by gator fan too, January 10, 2014, 03:28:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gator fan too

The Courier Democrat in Russellville has named Caleb Lisenbey the Tri County ((Pope, Johnson, and Yell) Defensive Player of the year. Caleb was one of the leading tacklers in the state this year and we are very proud of him for winning this award!

KOJACK

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm happy for the boys, but you guys had the offensive and defensive players of the year and what was your record?  ???

WPWells

I mean it was those three counties and there wasn't a whole lot to choose from. TR and Dardanelle were really the only two decent teams from those counties. Not bashing TR at all. I have two very very good friends from there who play on different teams

knightpride

Lisenbey is a very good player and I would think any coach in the Conf. including Glen Rose would agree!  Congrats to him on this award!  I thought he might have made All State but the list has not been posted by AAA yet that I have found.

gator fan too

Thanks for all the support for the guys, appreciate that.   Guys I understand the concept of offensive and defensive players of the year and then look at record. This is probably a good example that it takes more than a few good players to make a great team.  You got to have the men on the lines to really be successful. As far as no other talent in the Tri County area I don't agree with that but I didn't post this to start an arguement. Simply wanting to allow these boys a little more recognition.

WPWells

KOJACK

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 10, 2014, 04:33:38 pm
I mean it was those three counties and there wasn't a whole lot to choose from. TR and Dardanelle were really the only two decent teams from those counties. Not bashing TR at all. I have two very very good friends from there who play on different teams

Hector made it to the 3rd round of 2A State playoffs...Had a kid with 30+ rushing TD's....try again on only two decent teams in the 3 counties....Atkins made the 2nd round of state...Pottsville...I don't know what the heck happened to them this year. Lamar wasn't half bad either....Not taking away from the accomplishments of Two Rivers and their players this year...but come on man..there were more than 2 "decent" teams in the tri-county area this year....

Scooter2121

Unless you win a state championship and are from chuck town you are not even considered decent.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Scooter2121 on January 10, 2014, 09:59:50 pm
Unless you win a state championship and are from chuck town you are not even considered decent.

I see I see...

ATU

Quote from: Scooter2121 on January 10, 2014, 09:59:50 pm
I think he 's trying to say Lamar had players as good as Two Rivers and they were a lot better team.

WPWells

I didn't realize that Hector was in one of those three counties. I'm sorry. Shocked Perry didn't get one of the awards

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 10, 2014, 10:21:12 pm
I didn't realize that Hector was in one of those three counties. I'm sorry. Shocked Perry didn't get one of the awards

Perry is from Pottsville....Hector is in Northern Pope County :D...Oh work horse was Gus Nichols...had 1000+ yds Rushing and 30+ TDs...

WPWells

Yeah I know where Perry was from. Pottsville is in Yell County, correct?? Or is it Pope?? Ah whatever. But it sounds like the guy for Hector had a big year too!! Maybe I underestimated the talent in this tri-county area a little bit/lot

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 11, 2014, 12:06:05 am
Yeah I know where Perry was from. Pottsville is in Yell County, correct?? Or is it Pope?? Ah whatever. But it sounds like the guy for Hector had a big year too!! Maybe I underestimated the talent in this tri-county area a little bit/lot

...Pope...they're quickly becoming Russellville East...

beach bum

The Perry kid is a rediculous athlete... If he had better size with his athleticism & skill set he would have half the SEC schools wanting him. He was by far the best player.

WPWells

From what I understand Arkansas and Missouri are recruiting him for defense

gator fan too

Results of the voting was 2nd JJ Dunn from Dardanelle, tie for 3rd Kyle Roberson from Russellville and Michael Perry from Pottsville.

Coach Jones

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 10, 2014, 04:33:38 pm

Lamar is in Johnson Co.   Went 9-2 finished the season ranked #6 in the state.

WPWells

I didn't realize that there were so many teams in this tri-county area. Of course there is more talent than my post suggested

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas