• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good news glen rose...

Started by KOJACK, January 03, 2014, 02:45:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KOJACK

And some bad... First the good, you won't have to worry about getting your heart ripped out in the finals again next year...now the bad, cause you will be out in the 2nd round lol. Man I crack myself up ;D

DeeGee

Well hope y'all make it past the first round next year. And when's the last time you all went to state??? Ummmm
Even though they lost at least they have the pride to say they made it there. 2 yrs in a row mind you. But thanks, I pray they make you eat them words. BTW I'm not being rude just messing back with ya since I'm a GR fan and all!! Lol

adaptedtigerfan

snoopy22

09 and 06 our last two trips.  Lost em both.  Won it 95, lost in 83, lost it in 76, won it in 75, won it in 73, won it in 72, lost in in 70.  Yeah we've been there 9 times in last 44 years.  Two different times two in a row, including 4 out of 5 and 5 out of 7.  Not bad;)

DeeGee

Quote from: snoopy22 on January 05, 2014, 02:33:47 pm
09 and 06 our last two trips.  Lost em both.  Won it 95, lost in 83, lost it in 76, won it in 75, won it in 73, won it in 72, lost in in 70.  Yeah we've been there 9 times in last 44 years.  Two different times two in a row, including 4 out of 5 and 5 out of 7.  Not bad;)

Not too bad at all. I was just messing with him and referring to recent years.
Y'all know y'all my bubbies!!! ;)

-Painted Fan-

Not bad.
Charleston now has played in 5 of the past 10, winning 4.
I believe only Greenwood, Junction City, and maybe Shiloh Christian can match that. Not bad company.

WPWells

-Painted Fan-

Barton has only played in 2 of the past 11, losing both.
Now, way back in the day the Bears have some history. But if we're going to dust off the record books, we also have to include Little Rock Central, Pine Bluff, etc.
In the past decade, or even since 2000, I think Greenwood, Junction City, Shiloh Christian, and Charleston are in a league all by themselves.

WPWells

I think Nashville is the only team that has more playoff wins since 2000 than Charleston

snoopy22

#1 I'm only concerned with 3A, #2 I only look at history from 1970 until present (Modern Playoff System Era), and #3 I think Charleston probably passed Nashville in playoff wins since 2000 this year.  My point is that no program can boast the success every decade in the modern era that Prescott can.  A true heavyweight throughout history and still good every year.  I know you were just picking Dee;)

-Painted Fan-

Barton has 8 State Championship WINS since 1970- including 4 in a row.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on January 05, 2014, 06:16:19 pm
Not bad.
Charleston now has played in 5 of the past 10, winning 4.
I believe only Greenwood, Junction City, and maybe Shiloh Christian can match that. Not bad company.

El Dorado has won 4 in the past 6 years I believe...

-Painted Fan-

Good job.
Forgot about the Wildcats. They've actually won 4 of the past 5 (missing in 2012).
The 2009 Championship was their first since the '50's, but they do have 9 overall.

DeeGee

Quote from: snoopy22 on January 05, 2014, 07:01:40 pm
#1 I'm only concerned with 3A, #2 I only look at history from 1970 until present (Modern Playoff System Era), and #3 I think Charleston probably passed Nashville in playoff wins since 2000 this year.  My point is that no program can boast the success every decade in the modern era that Prescott can.  A true heavyweight throughout history and still good every year.  I know you were just picking Dee;)

Yes I was lol. ;)  You guys get so dang technical!!!! Hahaha
Let me tell y'all what I won, NOTHING, cause I work 60 plus hrs a week. Lol Yay Me!! Life of a nurse is sooooo grand!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on January 05, 2014, 08:03:24 pm
Good job.
Forgot about the Wildcats. They've actually won 4 of the past 5 (missing in 2012).
The 2009 Championship was their first since the '50's, but they do have 9 overall.

Couldn't remember if it was 4 out of 5 or 6....Junction CIty looks to go for 3 in a row next season(they'll be the heavy favorite to win), Greenwood could get their 4th in 5 years as well.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: snoopy22 on January 05, 2014, 02:33:47 pm
Prescott has played in the state championionship game in every decade since the playoffs started in 1970. I don't think any other team in 3a can say that but if so please correct me. Hopefully we can do it in this decade also. We have been close playing in 2 semifinals in 2011 and 2012. A very tradition rich football program that I am proud to be a part of.

Curleywolf Fan

-Painted Fan-

Barton won in '78, '85, '86, '87, '88, '93, '94, and '97. The Bears lost in '03 and '11.

HorseFeathers

So until the 2000's...Barton had won one in every decade...

-Painted Fan-

And have played in at least one in the past 5 decades.

Iknewthemwhen

Barton got a lot of talent out of W Helena once upon a time.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 06, 2014, 10:33:11 pm
Barton got a lot of talent out of W Helena once upon a time.

Whatever it takes :D....Some would say every great team has picked up good/great transfers through their runs...

snoopy22

No doubt Barton can argue with anyone.  So can McGehee.  But, so can Prescott, which is my point.

Xmulerider

So students transfer into Prescott ???  I wouldn't have thought that

Iron Owl

Now if we are gonna dust off the record books, you know I have to bring McGehee into the mix...7 state titles in modern playoff era..8 overall...   Can't brag about anything since 99'... Other than all the conference titles...

snoopy22

Quote from: Xmulerider on January 08, 2014, 01:39:55 pm
So students transfer into Prescott ???  I wouldn't have thought that
I don't know what that means.

Xmulerider

Nothing really, I was just trying to heat up a cold week

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas