• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Coach of THE YEAR!!!!!!! Mark Kehner!!!!!

Started by GRDAD, December 17, 2013, 07:18:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderdog

Quote from: chucktownboys on December 22, 2013, 08:08:15 pm
Wonderdog09 the GR players, fans, coaches degraded themselves for all to see last night, made your bed now lay in it, you don't like your bed change it. Embarrassing is the only word to describe indisciplined team witnessed from GR last night
Not sure what bed I made. Maybe you can inform me? I'm not associated with either school. It is funny that the "classy" tigers fans feel the need to demonstrate their "class" through many posts that in fact are classless. If you viewed yourselves to be morally superior to Glen Rose following the conclusion of the game, you have certainly stooped to their level with the numerous vile comments, whether they be true or not is irrelevant to your demonstrations of "class."

KOJACK

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 22, 2013, 08:27:36 pm
Wonderdog09 the GR players, fans, coaches degraded themselves for all to see last night, made your bed now lay in it, you don't like your bed change it. Embarrassing is the only word to describe indisciplined team witnessed from GR last night
Not sure what bed I made. Maybe you can inform me? I'm not associated with either school. It is funny that the "classy" tigers fans feel the need to demonstrate their "class" through many posts that in fact are classless. If you viewed yourselves to be morally superior to Glen Rose following the conclusion of the game, you have certainly stooped to their level with the numerous vile comments, whether they be true or not is irrelevant to your demonstrations of "class."
It's hard not to lower youself to your competition. The bigger the stage...the bigger the idiot.

Wonderdog

Quote from: KOJACK on December 22, 2013, 09:49:12 pm
It's hard not to lower youself to your competition. The bigger the stage...the bigger the idiot.
I think your on to something kojack

Man of Steel

SuperTurfMonkey

DeeGee

Watch it guys!!!! Not all of us are crazies!!! And not all of our kids act a complete and total fool on the field!!! :)

sillyrabbit

Truthfully

I have read and re-read the posts on all the GR-Charleston threads and come to a couple of conclusions.   (1) why doesn't the voting for Coach of the Year happen AFTER the season when an entire year can be assessed for a coach's abilities to coach and other things like ethical behavior and the way he molds character in his players (and son, of all things!)...  (2) for a player, the coach's son or not, to be that defiant and the coach NOT know of the "hot head" potential of that player, shows that the coach is not in tune with his players ... The whole situation of the game is sickening to most FF posters, and if some of the known issues that happened in the game were exposed in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette game article, you would see an uproar to an even greater extent. I too wonder if the school board members are going to address the issues of misconduct during the GR-Charleston game? At least the ADG did mention a player being ejected from the game late in the 4th quarter. Inquiring ADG readers might have wanted more details.  So, it is left to the fans THERE at the game to give first hand mention of the coaches' conduct at halftime in the bathroom, and FF is a good forum for that kind of expose', if it happened the way they claim. I thought most coaches were in the dressing room at half, but I am a gal, and what do I know? ...  I just hope the head coach's son realizes how much he has exposed his dad to in the form of ridicule and such when those actions were clearly seen by all fans on both sides of the stadium.. I hate it that high school sports have become such a controversial topic in many way, from athlete transfers to athlete unmanaged behavior to sideline coaching issues and so on. 

KOJACK

My grandpa always told me you reap what you sow...so. I doubt many school board members know how to do their on job...let alone someone else's lol. If parents don't start raising their kids to be respectful productive human beings our world as we knew it is over :'(

adaptedtigerfan

SuperTurfMonkey

DeeGee

Quote from: KOJACK on December 24, 2013, 09:29:41 pm
My grandpa always told me you reap what you sow...so. I doubt many school board members know how to do their on job...let alone someone else's lol. If parents don't start raising their kids to be respectful productive human beings our world as we knew it is over :'(

Very true!!! My kids know they better have all the respect in the world. I raise them with respect, with morals and to have goals. I can honestly say for the most part I have every right to be a very proud parent. While they are kids they will make some mistakes, but ones that will be corrected quickly and know there are consequences for their actions. I'm amazed at how some of the kids act these days, even to their parents. My kids have been raised as military kids so respect is a big issue with me. After 13 yrs of military service, they know I don't take disrespect and acting a fool lightly. Kojack I totally agree. So many parents need to teach their kids better respect and self pride.

chuckBB

December 25, 2013, 07:11:34 am #112 Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 09:13:10 am by chuckBB
Charleston fans should be upset and angry about the way GR coach and players conducted themselves.  If that was my children, my 80 year old mother would went down to yank their butt off the field at first act of disrespect and I am not sure if my wife would have let him live.  It is serious business here.  It is scary to think that those kids will be in charge of our nation and be somebody's father.  GR, you should simply take all the abusive words from charleston because you simply deserved it. If you are sitting there and focus on how harsh our criticisms are instead of think of the way to teach those young men, you are still dealing with same problem - same pile of turds. It is not matter of being classy or not.

Lionheart88

Glen Rose should just take all the abuse?  Yes, that's certainly proving yourself to be completely different.  Pot, meet kettle.  There are no innocent parties here.

OLDSCHOOL82

WPWells

+1 OLDSCHOOL

I'm not gonna sit here and act like Charleston is innocent because that would be completely false; however, what is grinding my gears is GR people getting on and acting like Charleston was just as bad because that simply wasn't the case. Y'all brought me out of my retirement because you simply couldn't let it go and were on here spouting off lies

Idoknow

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 25, 2013, 09:59:22 am
For the love of Pete just let it go!
Your right OLDSCHOOL, but I have one thing to say. The way kids act in any sport is always a "REFLECTION" of the Coach!

OLDSCHOOL82

I agree idoknow.  Both sides need to let it go.  Ever heard the saying "beating a dead horse?"

Lionheart88

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 25, 2013, 11:00:32 am
+1 OLDSCHOOL

I'm not gonna sit here and act like Charleston is innocent because that would be completely false; however, what is grinding my gears is GR people getting on and acting like Charleston was just as bad because that simply wasn't the case. Y'all brought me out of my retirement because you simply couldn't let it go and were on here spouting off lies

I'm not a Glen Rose fan.  I'm from White Hall.  The only game I saw all year involving a 3A team was the title game.  But every time I see a CHS fan post it's GR this and GR that and they deserve to be mistreated because they're all horrible, and that's not the game I saw.  I saw two nasty, dirty teams, easily the most flags I've seen in any game at any level all year.  Was GR marginally worse?  Sure.  But neither were anything pretty, and 12th just now is the only CHS fan I've yet seen say they weren't innocent.  I don't care about either team.  As far as I know I don't know anyone personally from either side.  But from what I saw, neither has any moral high ground.

Jacketman65

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 25, 2013, 11:17:44 am
I agree idoknow.  Both sides need to let it go.  Ever heard the saying "beating a dead horse?"
This horse died 4 days ago! You are right OS

asportsfan

This issue is not "a dead horse." It should be talked about & fans should voice the disappointment in both or either team & the coaching staff. Many times we let things go therefore no one is accountable & no lessons are learned. I wasn't at game but I was pulling for Charleston because they are 3a-4, same as Atkins. We are moving next year but have played against Charleston for years. If they and Glen Rose were unsportsmanlike, lets say it. If coaches were unprofessional, say it. It's a forum & games are discussed. Apathy among adults helps breed apathy in kids. Shame on players, coaches, & fans if you disrespected the game, each other, and the fans. The coaches, administration, school board, other players, fans of both teams & sports fans everywhere should report behavior to AAA & ask for investigation before behavior like this become standard operating procedure & accepted as the way championship games are played. "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

papaeagle

Quote from: asportsfan on December 25, 2013, 04:51:30 pm
This issue is not "a dead horse." It should be talked about & fans should voice the disappointment in both or either team & the coaching staff. Many times we let things go therefore no one is accountable & no lessons are learned. I wasn't at game but I was pulling for Charleston because they are 3a-4, same as Atkins. We are moving next year but have played against Charleston for years. If they and Glen Rose were unsportsmanlike, lets say it. If coaches were unprofessional, say it. It's a forum & games are discussed. Apathy among adults helps breed apathy in kids. Shame on players, coaches, & fans if you disrespected the game, each other, and the fans. The coaches, administration, school board, other players, fans of both teams & sports fans everywhere should report behavior to AAA & ask for investigation before behavior like this become standard operating procedure & accepted as the way championship games are played. "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."
You deserve a BIG plus 1 for your well stated comment. I hate to see Pro sports attitudes spread down to the college level and then leak into our own high school sports and later it will be peewee sports... Much like that is already happening in the past couple of years. So, a plus one for you the next time I check into FF again. Well said ......  :-\

papaeagle

On a different note, we hate to see Atkins go into another conference. Good games with you guys and good up and coming teams for you in the future for sure. Only one blemish and that was years ago at your place, but the administration answered the call I understand. Good for them. The attitudes of some unschooled athletes can not be allowed to spread out like the "in your face" attitudes you see in pro and college sports. 95% of these guys will NOT be going on to a college scholarship situation, so this is their last hooray. Good. Anyway, good luck in your new conference home, as well as to Cedarville that goes northward a bit. Wish them success with their new brothers.. ;)

OLDSCHOOL82

I apologize dearly.  Airing your problems/complaints on fearless Friday or any social media sites solve all the problems.  A more realistic approach is with a phone call to the administration and one to AAA. 

True Fan

Because administrators love to get calls from people who are complaining about the people who are a direct reflection of the job that they are doing. That's about like calling a bully's folks to tell them he's a bully. Who the heck do you think raised him that way? Good luck with that. :D

And, if you think that the AAA gives a rats patootie about the opinion of the general public, you are sadly mistaken. If you get a reply at all, it will be a referral to contact the member school.

Idoknow

December 25, 2013, 06:43:03 pm #125 Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 06:46:23 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: True Fan on December 25, 2013, 06:12:04 pm
Because administrators love to get calls from people who are complaining about the people who are a direct reflection of the job that they are doing. That's about like calling a bully's folks to tell them he's a bully. Who the heck do you think raised him that way? Good luck with that. :D

And, if you think that the AAA gives a rats patootie about the opinion of the general public, you are sadly mistaken. If you get a reply at all, it will be a referral to contact the member school.
I doubt very seriously anything will be said about the way the kids acted in the S.C. Game because the Coach is winning. If he was losing, then that a different story!

WPWells

Think about this for a second. If a coach was losing would he have been in the state championship??

Idoknow

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 25, 2013, 06:55:11 pm
Think about this for a second. If a coach was losing would he have been in the state championship??
Forget about the S.C game, I'm just saying a coach that is winning can get away with things that a losing coach can't.

SuperTurfMonkey

December 25, 2013, 07:29:04 pm #128 Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:32:47 pm by SuperTurfMonkey
And that's a shame!!!!  Just because you are winning should not give you special treatment.

Idoknow

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on December 25, 2013, 07:29:04 pm
And that's a shame!!!!  Just because you are winning should not give you special treatment.
I agree, but you know everyone loves a "Winner"!

Wonderdog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 25, 2013, 12:11:41 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 25, 2013, 11:00:32 am
+1 OLDSCHOOL

I'm not a Glen Rose fan.  I'm from White Hall.  The only game I saw all year involving a 3A team was the title game.  But every time I see a CHS fan post it's GR this and GR that and they deserve to be mistreated because they're all horrible, and that's not the game I saw.  I saw two nasty, dirty teams, easily the most flags I've seen in any game at any level all year.  Was GR marginally worse?  Sure.  But neither were anything pretty, and 12th just now is the only CHS fan I've yet seen say they weren't innocent.  I don't care about either team.  As far as I know I don't know anyone personally from either side.  But from what I saw, neither has any moral high ground.
I agree +1

fbhound

I have counted 75 comments on two GR-Charleston threads and tabulated the "bad guys".  Of course this is slanted due to the # of Charleston commenters vs GR posters. Appears overall that FF posters place "poor play and bad sportsmanship" in the favor of GR at about 75% and 25% say Charleston was "just as bad or worse"..

If you subtract the C and GR fan comments, those remaining FF posters who were at the game or who read the scenarios of the game on FF, put unsportsman-like play on GR at about 80-85%. I think the worse set back to GR on the "bad opinion" scale was the play of a particular player who was kicked out of the game in the 4th quarter and the overall poor supervision by the head coach and assistants. Coaches from a team playing on the field should be in the locker room or on the field and not in the stands or public bathrooms!

I also agree that the AAA usually does nothing and rarely reviews film but perhaps they should. School administrators are more concerned with gate receipts and concession sales and stands full of fans. "Side stuff" usually falls by the wayside, like AAA opinions or inputs. I think a 'secret' AAA representative should be at each game to report back situations to the AAA as warranted. As one poster said, this stuff needs to stop before it ruins young men and community perceptions.

Idoknow

December 26, 2013, 02:18:07 pm #132 Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:20:43 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: fbhound on December 26, 2013, 01:31:24 pm
I have counted 75 comments on two GR-Charleston threads and tabulated the "bad guys".  Of course this is slanted due to the # of Charleston commenters vs GR posters. Appears overall that FF posters place "poor play and bad sportsmanship" in the favor of GR at about 75% and 25% say Charleston was "just as bad or worse"..

If you subtract the C and GR fan comments, those remaining FF posters who were at the game or who read the scenarios of the game on FF, put unsportsman-like play on GR at about 80-85%. I think the worse set back to GR on the "bad opinion" scale was the play of a particular player who was kicked out of the game in the 4th quarter and the overall poor supervision by the head coach and assistants. Coaches from a team playing on the field should be in the locker room or on the field and not in the stands or public bathrooms!

I also agree that the AAA usually does nothing and rarely reviews film but perhaps they should. School administrators are more concerned with gate receipts and concession sales and stands full of fans. "Side stuff" usually falls by the wayside, like AAA opinions or inputs. I think a 'secret' AAA representative should be at each game to report back situations to the AAA as warranted. As one poster said, this stuff needs to stop before it ruins young men and community perceptions.
AAA representative were at the game, they were in the press box. This is a school problem, so they will let the school take care of this! I don't know if anyone will be reprimand for the conduct displayed on the field. The way posters talked about the coach, I'm sure he will address the team and especially his son. This kid is going to live with this, the rest of his life.

beaverfan007

Coach kehner is a heck of a coach I don't agree with some stuff the players do but other than that he Is a great coach.Glen rose will be back next year and they will win

adaptedtigerfan

KOJACK

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 28, 2013, 03:06:47 pm
Coach kehner is a heck of a coach I don't agree with some stuff the players do but other than that he Is a great coach.Glen rose will be back next year and they will win
They will be back playing football and they will win prolly 8 games, but that's it. The glory days(07, 12, and 13) are over lol.

asportsfan

What is definition of a "great coach"? I suppose there are as many definitions as there are responses to the question. I think great coaches have integrity and fine character and communicates that clearly in his/her actions and reactions. A great coach clearly defines accepted & expected behavior on & off the field & is clear about the consequences of violations & follows through with appropriate disciplinary action.

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 28, 2013, 03:06:47 pm
There is nothing in that statement correct!!!

blackcat23

500 dollars to anyone that could give me super turf monkeys real name. :D

adaptedtigerfan

beaverfan007

coach kehner is a great coach and good man he was hired at glenrose  under coach elmore and helped bring the program up to the level its at now so people on here  saying he don't deserve the coach of year are crazy he deserves it some people didn't think glenrose    would be as good as they were cause they lost so much to graduation but they were very good ...glenrose wouldn't be where they are today without coach kehner and his staff were lucky to still have him...

WPWells

Remind me, who got mercy ruled in the state championship and had his son attack a referee? I don't care what anyone says, his son's behavior is a direct reflection on him. Plus he got majorly outcoached

DeeGee

Just to clarify him "attacking" the referee, #6 on Charleston was up in #22 (Kehner) face and had ahold of his jersey. The ref came up from behind #22 and grabbed him. He turned around and shoved. Who's to say he even knew who he was shoving because he was grabbed from behind. For reference you can go to Jays photography and design and look at the pictures of the whole thing.  From the start of the play to him being ejected it's all in order and very clear pictures. I was standing at the rail taking pictures during all this too. So yes I agree what he done was wrong but can't also say for 100% that he knew it was a ref. But to say attack I think is wrong and a over statement. He shoved him after the ref grabbed him. I think his behavior afterward was more unbecoming. 12th Man I am by no means trying to argue with you. I'm sure you already know that. I'm just pointing out what actually happened. I think #6 on Charleston team needs to take some heat for his behavior during the game too.

KOJACK

Quote from: beaverfan007 on January 16, 2014, 06:23:43 pm
coach kehner is a great coach and good man he was hired at glenrose  under coach elmore and helped bring the program up to the level its at now so people on here  saying he don't deserve the coach of year are crazy he deserves it some people didn't think glenrose    would be as good as they were cause they lost so much to graduation but they were very good ...glenrose wouldn't be where they are today without coach kehner and his staff were lucky to still have him...
I think you will prolly "have" him for awhile.

adaptedtigerfan

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: blackcat23 on January 16, 2014, 01:05:03 am
500 dollars to anyone that could give me super turf monkeys real name. :D
give 1500 dollars and I will tell you who I am :P ::) :o.  Maybe ;D

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: KOJACK on January 16, 2014, 08:34:04 pm
Quote from: beaverfan007 on January 16, 2014, 06:23:43 pm
I think you will prolly "have" him for awhile
yep, for sure no one else in this state wants him!!!! :o

adaptedtigerfan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas