• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston. Glen Rose. The Rock.

Started by blueberryrockstar, December 13, 2013, 09:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

blueberryrockstar

Congrats to both teams for making it to the Championship Game at The Rock. Who wins this one?

Runfastturnleft

WPWells

Runfastturnleft

Xmulerider

Not sure glen rose can stop charleston.  I figure Storey will pass for 2 bills.  Charleston by 14.

WPWells

Runfastturnleft I think that you and RTF would get along great

mao

All SEC QB vs lil ole Glen Rose. Gatorade POY against lil ole Glen Rose. Hmmmmm

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 13, 2013, 10:00:35 pm
Runfastturnleft I think that you and RTF would get along great

Just a pot stirrer.   I think they match up well.  Seen them both multiple times this season.   Charleston is pass heavy with the ability to run with multiple weapons in the edge. GR is run happy with the ability to pass.  GR has a triple threat backfield with Burton being the bellow. Charleston has a stingy defense with a fantastic linebacking core.   But so does Glen Rose.   GR may not match up well with Shelby in space,  but Charleston may not can catch Burton either...

Just saying I hope that both teams bring their A game.   It would be worth the money.   

adaptedtigerfan

He we go are you ready??????   

Tigers win 49-14

mao

First time for everything. Glen Rose appealed to the AAA to move the game to Charleston. AAA said NO that would give Glen Rose an undue advantage. Oh well.... On to WMS

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 13, 2013, 10:14:14 pm

Tigers win 49-14

Just remember the last time no one gave GR a chance against the University of Chuck town...

mao

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on December 13, 2013, 10:18:22 pm
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 13, 2013, 10:14:14 pm

Tigers win 49-14

Just remember the last time no one gave GR a chance against the University of Chuck town...

...University of ShyLow...

RTF

Glen Rose by 2.. Storey gets sacked in the endzone to lose the game

Juicy

Hungry? MaoNaise real good beaver bbq in the rock.......

unleasheddad

Congrats to GRHS and CHS on making it to the Championships. It should be a good game. One more for the Tigers!

adaptedtigerfan

Well there's my old friend Juicy...  Where's your girlfriend Busted?

ATU

Quote from: RTF on December 13, 2013, 10:34:18 pm
Glen Rose could not stop Storey last year when Charleston only had 3 SRS. You won the game.But CHS has a good running back and a kicker this year.You may win again for all i no but if Charleston plays ball they should win by 14.

ChucktownTigerFan

Looks like rain and cold next Sat at the Rock.. I bet GR will not give up in the 3rd like Earl did tonight. I say CHS by 3.

junkyard dog

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on December 13, 2013, 09:57:35 pm
Not if they play like the first half tonight.
Have to agree with that.  Don't know what they were thinking about tonight.  But it wasn't the here and now.

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: junkyard dog on December 13, 2013, 10:52:40 pm
Quote from: Runfastturnleft on December 13, 2013, 09:57:35 pm
Not if they play like the first half tonight.
Have to agree with that.  Don't know what they were thinking about tonight.  But it wasn't the here and now.

They are kids... Week off,  weather,  Earle and the ground and pound may have lulled them to sleep.   

I expect a heavyweight slugfest next week. 

ChucktownTigerFan

Does FF still show the finals so folks at home can watch the games??

HeadBussa08

Two Best teams in 3a going at it. I pick Chuck by 7. Weather could play a factor. Saw Chuck with slow starts against McGehee and Earle. Will need to come out clicking against GR. Good Rematch for the title.

CHSfan88

Oh, my, goodness! Fans of the tigers, beavers, and fans of this great game football we are in for a epic battle. I'm pulling for my tigers, but Glen Rose will be relentless in their pursuit for the trophy. Congratulations to both teams for a outstanding year so far. I wish both teams good luck, and safe travels to everyone planning on making the trip to the Rock.

beaverfan007

Glen rose won't come home empty handed there gonna run run  run keep the ball away from chs. I'm going with glen rose by 1 over Charleston

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 14, 2013, 12:34:15 am
Glen rose won't come home empty handed there gonna run run  run keep the ball away from chs. I'm going with glen rose by 1 over Charleston

The Beavers won't come home empty handed.
The 2013 State Runner-Up trophy will look very nice sitting next to the 2012 State Runner-Up trophy that's in the Glen Rose trophy case.

SuperTurfMonkey

Charleston Tigers roar through this one!!!!!  Charleston 48 - Glen Blows 21 :P ;D

chuckBB

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on December 14, 2013, 06:15:30 am
Charleston Tigers roar through this one!!!!!  Charleston 48 - Glen Blows 21 :P ;D
+1000%

You have a great mind!

chuckBB

Quote from: RTF on December 13, 2013, 10:34:18 pm
You can shove your comments to you know where.

BeaversFan1969

good luck to my glen rose beavers. I hate i have to miss this game. Being a firefighter/EMS keeps me a very busy person.

chucktownboys

Two best teams have already played in a lot of people's eyes, Glen Rose probably wouldn't have made it out of the other side but that's why they play the game, looking forward to revenge on a team that should of beat Tigers badly last year and then when game was played Tigers should have won. Ty was playing on one leg, now he is playing on two, Tigers roll Glen Rose for title. Go Tigers!

edghog

I remember the last time I saw these two play. :-/
Congrats and good luck to both teams!
Tigers by 14.

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: chucktownboys on December 14, 2013, 08:55:32 am
Two best teams have already played in a lot of people's eyes, Glen Rose probably wouldn't have made it out of the other side but that's why they play the game, looking forward to revenge on a team that should of beat Tigers badly last year and then when game was played Tigers should have won. Ty was playing on one leg, now he is playing on two, Tigers roll Glen Rose for title. Go Tigers!

Good luck... You get you shot... No excuses after this one Yall should mercy GR with that unstoppable team of yours..

DogsWin7

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on December 13, 2013, 09:55:00 pm
Shootout...Glen Rose by 3

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on December 14, 2013, 09:47:43 am

Good luck... You get you shot... No excuses after this one Yall should mercy GR with that unstoppable team of yours..

So which team are you for again?   

Charleston wins easy.  Go Tigers and Good Luck Mallory and the cheer squad!! 

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 14, 2013, 10:12:30 am
Quote from: Runfastturnleft on December 13, 2013, 09:55:00 pm
Shootout...Glen Rose by 3

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on December 14, 2013, 09:47:43 am

So which team are you for again?   

Charleston wins easy.  Go Tigers and Good Luck Mallory and the cheer squad!!

I'm for a good game... Guess I'm a more toward GR because of the underdog but I respect Charleston ' s game.

gatecrasher

I picked Charleston back in the summer to win 3A. However, I could care less who wins.

I'm a Hog fan though and was a quarterback back in the day (way way WAY back in the day lol).
I am coming to check out this ballyhooed QB that spurned Alabama to stay home and play for the Razorbacks. I wanna see if he's all everyone has made him out to be.

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 14, 2013, 02:06:31 pm
I picked Charleston back in the summer to win 3A. However, I could care less who wins.

I'm a Hog fan though and was a quarterback back in the day (way way WAY back in the day lol).
I am coming to check out this ballyhooed QB that spurned Alabama to stay home and play for the Razorbacks. I wanna see if he's all everyone has made him out to be.

He is pretty dang good...

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on December 13, 2013, 11:21:20 pm
Two Best teams in 3a going at it. I pick Chuck by 7. Weather could play a factor. Saw Chuck with slow starts against McGehee and Earle. Will need to come out clicking against GR. Good Rematch for the title
Not true!!!  HA beats GR 10 out of 10 times!!!  They just got unlucky and put on the same side of the bracket as the Tigers. ::)

CoachKk

This one should shape into an ESPN classic. I'm going to have to go with Charleston by 2 scores. Both had a very impressive wins over some good teams.

Juicy

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 13, 2013, 10:41:58 pm
Well there's my old friend Juicy...  Where's your girlfriend Busted?
well I heard she was getting tired of wearingthose tight t-shirts at hoots. Ya gotta admit they look better on some than others so he err she got a job painting err waiting tables at buffalo wild wings

adaptedtigerfan

Sure is quiet..... Beavers must be hibernating or just ran back under the water SCARED!!

BeaversFan1969

im not scared of anything. I have faith in my beavers. im just working alot.

SuperTurfMonkey

They are scared or they would be talking trash!  That's how they do when scared!!

blueberryrockstar

I would be worried too if I was in their situation. A quarterback with a torn meniscus and partially torn ACL takes my team to the final seconds and my team wins the game. But now he is healthy... Ty Storey is going to have a field day picking the secondary apart.

SuperTurfMonkey

Lineman

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 14, 2013, 06:54:10 pm
Sure is quiet..... Beavers must be hibernating or just ran back under the water SCARED!!
Maybe they are being busy beavers building dams. They will need all the help they can get to stop the tigers.

SuperTurfMonkey

December 14, 2013, 09:33:03 pm #45 Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:35:01 pm by SuperTurfMonkey
Quote from: Lineman on December 14, 2013, 09:15:51 pm
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 14, 2013, 06:54:10 pm
Maybe they are being busy beavers building dams. They will need all the help they can get to stop the tigers.
Don't think it will help!!!!!  Tigers run through or over any dams they build. ;D

DeeGee

Not scared a bit!!! Been at the other State games with my kids and doing family things. Much more important than this forum. I for one have a life other than here.

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 14, 2013, 11:17:22 pm
Not scared a bit!!! Been at the other State games with my kids and doing family things. Much more important than this forum. I for one have a life other than here.

Well I hope the team you wanted to win @ the State games..... Cause you are gonna be heartbroken come Saturday night..... NUFF SAID!!

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 15, 2013, 07:56:59 am
Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 14, 2013, 11:17:22 pm

Well I hope the team you wanted to win @ the State games..... Cause you are gonna be heartbroken come Saturday night..... NUFF SAID!!

Like y'all have said on GR thread don't put your carriage before the horse. The game will be decided by the score at the end of the game. Both teams have the potential to win. I'm positive it's gonna be a great game to watch. Both teams are great teams and Win or lose I'm proud they've made it to State 2 yrs in a row. An accomplishment in my book.
As far as going to watch the other state game: didn't have a dog in the fight. Just love watching football and we went just to support the teams that made it to State. I ,myself, support any and all teams that have fought hard to make it that far. Was some pretty great games to watch.

Runfastturnleft

December 15, 2013, 09:53:50 am #49 Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:44:26 am by Runfastturnleft
Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 14, 2013, 07:28:25 pm
I would be worried too if I was in their situation. A quarterback with a torn meniscus and partially torn ACL takes my team to the final seconds and my team wins the game. But now he is healthy... Ty Storey is going to have a field day picking the secondary apart.

I'm sure you can think of some other excuse after the game Saturday.... Maybe the weather.

Oh GR also lost its number one playmaker receiver and defensive end last season one play into the Charleston game as well... I'm sure that playing with a sophomore backup who had no reps that week Prolly helped the tigers look just a bit better last season.

Keep thinking your going to sleep walk through Saturday though...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas