• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Future Friends from the 3A-4

Started by rattlerfan17, December 03, 2013, 09:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rattlerfan17

Booneville will be moving down to 3A-4 after this year. I know 12th Man CHS frequents the 4A boards... Who else can us Booneville posters expect to see around next year?

Just thought I'd put out some friendly feelers early  ;D

blueberryrockstar

Looking forward to doing to Booneville what we have done to Ozark the past few years. ;)

WPWells

adaptedtigerfan

rattlerfan17

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 03, 2013, 09:48:10 pm
Oh we're gonna have fun next year

I agree! It's funny, I know this is waaaaaayyyyy out in the future, but we some of us were discussing how funny it would be if Charleston/Booneville got 1/2 (in either order ;)) in our conference and then were on different sections of the bracket in next year's playoffs. Then it could end up a Booneville/Charleston State Finals game. That would be a blast. I remember a few years ago when Magazine/Danville went to the Finals and it was a blast because there was such a huge rivalry between the two of us and yet we were kinda rooting each other on because we wanted a rematch. It will be fun for sure no matter!

ChucktownTigerFan

I am usually at a football field, basketball gym or baseball field. seems like its year round and non stop.

WPWells

Rattler, I know it's way early but your scenario is what I expect to happen next year

rattlerfan17

Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 03, 2013, 09:45:43 pm
Looking forward to doing to Booneville what we have done to Ozark the past few years. ;)

Didn't Charleston lose to Ozark just last year?

blueberryrockstar

Yes. In the beginning of the renewing of the franklin county feud Ozark was supposed to beat the smaller Charleston every year, but the smaller Charleston has won all but two games in the series. There will be no more scrimmages against each other, but by Booneville being the larger school, one might assume that they would control the series against Charleston, but I don't think that will be the case.

rattlerfan17

Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 03, 2013, 11:07:16 pm
Yes. In the beginning of the renewing of the franklin county feud Ozark was supposed to beat the smaller Charleston every year, but the smaller Charleston has won all but two games in the series. There will be no more scrimmages against each other, but by Booneville being the larger school, one might assume that they would control the series against Charleston, but I don't think that will be the case.

Lol let's wait until next year to start debating that one. I am just trying to see who all I will be in frequent contact on here with.

blueberryrockstar

I understand that, I'm just making a joke...having some fun with it. I hope Booneville wins and makes it to state this year!

rattlerfan17

Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 04, 2013, 12:05:11 am
I understand that, I'm just making a joke...having some fun with it. I hope Booneville wins and makes it to state this year!

Thanks. A lot of us are cheering on the Tigers this year!

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: rattlerfan17 on December 03, 2013, 10:29:03 pm
Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 03, 2013, 09:45:43 pm

Didn't Charleston lose to Ozark just last year?
In the 10 years of the Franklin County Feud, the Tigers own a 7-2-1 record vs. the Hillbillies.

OLDSCHOOL82

I have been practicing, warming up with some digs on the tiggers this year !!  Good luck chuckytown this fri, or this thurs, or next friday.  Whenever the AAA decides to let the boys play.  They are supposed to make a decision today.

WPWells

OLDSCHOOL82

adaptedtigerfan

I knew OLDSCHOOL would make an appearance!!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

adaptedtigerfan

If Booneville and Charleston happen to play different days.... Are you gonna come Chuck on?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 04, 2013, 08:59:58 am
If Booneville and Charleston happen to play different days.... Are you gonna come Chuck on?

Most definetly but from what i was told it will most likely be moved to next week at the same time.  Should have a decision soon.

adaptedtigerfan

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 04, 2013, 09:44:03 am
I say play em tomorrow!!!!

It would be to our advantage to play d way in the nasty weather.  To make an analogy, we race best in the mud pits and d way likes street racing. 

hoghelmet14

I will hang out in here with yall.... we do business with both Booneville and Charleston Schools.... but I bleed Blue and White.....Win - Lose - or Draw!

WE can be Friends 364 Days a year!

hoghelmet14

OH... and Go Tigers and Go Bearcats!

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 04, 2013, 10:49:55 am

I'm still waiting on you to take this Tiger fan out for dinner....   We are bout to starve to death....   :)

hoghelmet14

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 04, 2013, 10:52:15 am
Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 04, 2013, 10:49:55 am

I'm still waiting on you to take this Tiger fan out for dinner....   We are bout to starve to death....   :)

so.... what is the deal... when is the game?  We gonna play Friday night?  and where do you eat in Chucktown?

All yall got is a diner in an old gas station... LOL

-Painted Fan-

You know better than that.
Del Sol originated in Booneville. Best Mexican restaurant around.
Then there's Main Street BBQ and Subway.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 04, 2013, 11:04:15 am
You know better than that.
Del Sol originated in Booneville. Best Mexican restaurant around.
Then there's Main Street BBQ and Subway.

Chill..... LOL.... Is Main Street good?

El Parian in Paris is pretty good Mex.....

and Subway is just subway....

WPWells

Main Street is pretty good. Their Tiger Fries are awesome. They're a bed of hand-cut fries topped with baked beans, pulled pork, and shredded cheese. I like to slather them in their hot barbecue sauce

BANJO

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2013, 12:06:20 pm
Main Street is pretty good. Their Tiger Fries are awesome. They're a bed of hand-cut fries topped with baked beans, pulled pork, and shredded cheese. I like to slather them in their hot barbecue sauce

Carbs, legumes, pork and dairy all in the same bite, topped with BBQ!  Does your stomach ever argue with you over that?

My bro-in-law used to eat like that, and had a partial colostomy.  Now instead of a colon, he has a semi-colon.

oasistrader

I had a  gut-wrenching feeling just thinking about that operation.

OLDSCHOOL82

Main street is an excellent place to eat.  Great food, good service, and decent prices.

rattlerfan17

Oh gosh. You guys and the corny jokes. I knew I was gonna like this board.

Main Street is delicious, but Del Sol really is the best Mex hands down. We have the original El Penjamo in Booneville, but honestly I like Del Sol better. Both delicious though! Plus my bro-in-law works at Del Sol so we go over there and eat when we can  ;D

WPWells

The 3A board is so much better than the 4A board!! Frankly I get bored when I go aboard that boars

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2013, 07:20:40 pm
The 3A board is so much better than the 4A board!! Frankly I get bored when I go aboard that boars

It's not as boring as this mess in the 3A this yr!!  I'm gonna invite cuckoo bird over next yr.

rattlerfan17

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 04, 2013, 07:36:34 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2013, 07:20:40 pm

It's not as boring as this mess in the 3A this yr!!  I'm gonna invite cuckoo bird over next yr.

Haha. Yes, invite the FF troll of the year to the boards... Then we could REALLY have some fun.

whippersnapper

This will be my absolute can't miss game next year!!!

rattlerfan17

Maybe we should just keep this thread going until next year lol.

WPWells

Bearcatpride

Oh this will be a tough one now.  Im a Booneville Alumni yet Im related to half of Charleston, oh what to do what to do? LOL always gotta go with the Purple and Gold and give the little cats a hard time.

-Painted Fan-

I wonder who Charleston and Booneville will find for their preseason scrimmages come August?

adaptedtigerfan

I heard maybe Clarksville for Charleston

blueberryrockstar

Then who would Charleston get for their nonconference game in place of Clarksville? I don't know what they are doing, but I can see Clarksville being the scrimmage and making a better move for a noncon game. Possibly a more competitive 4A team than Ozark or Gentry or possibly another smaller 5A school. I don't know who would fit the bill. I would love to see Alma, Shiloh, or a prestigious program like that.

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston will host Shiloh Christian @ Northside High School next year in the Hooten's kickoff....  First game of the year.

blueberryrockstar

That makes me happy. Why is it at Northside though?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 05, 2013, 06:34:02 pm

That's how the hootens games go. 

asportsfan

Red Devils will say so long to the 3a-4 next year. That dreaded drive to Mansfield, Lavaca, and Charleston will be replaced with a dreaded drive to Bald Knob, Barton, Marianna Lee & Rose Bud. We will miss the rivalry, the trash talking, the fierce competition of the 3a-4. What games we had! Beating Paris with 9seconds left this year was highlight & of course beating Charleston last year another highlight. Basketball might not have been as competitive but still some good games. I will miss my Lamar friends & Paris too. Looking for good healthy rivalries but lets finish big in 2014. I know all you 3a-4 will miss Atkins concession at football 

TeeLee

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 05, 2013, 07:00:19 pm
Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 05, 2013, 06:34:02 pm

That's how the hootens games go. 

The only reason I could think of is gate money, maybe drawing more people from Ft. Smith.  Unless Northside has been upgraded since I was there,  Charleston or Shilo fields would be better.  Probably hold about as many fans, and I know the parking is better.  CHS even has a press box on both sides of the field.  Is this game a rumor or a done deal?

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: asportsfan on December 08, 2013, 11:51:38 pm
Red Devils will say so long to the 3a-4 next year. That dreaded drive to Mansfield, Lavaca, and Charleston will be replaced with a dreaded drive to Bald Knob, Barton, Marianna Lee & Rose Bud. We will miss the rivalry, the trash talking, the fierce competition of the 3a-4. What games we had! Beating Paris with 9seconds left this year was highlight & of course beating Charleston last year another highlight. Basketball might not have been as competitive but still some good games. I will miss my Lamar friends & Paris too. Looking for good healthy rivalries but lets finish big in 2014. I know all you 3a-4 will miss Atkins concession at football 
You only say "so long" for football. Basketball, baseball, and softball, the Red Devils will move back in with Charleston, Paris, Booneville, Two Rivers, Danville, and Lamar. Lavaca and Mansfield will move north with Cedarville, West Fork, Greenland, Elkins, and Haas Hall for basketball, baseball, and softball.

adaptedtigerfan

The Hooten's game is a sure deal....   And they are always played @ a neutral site.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas