• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 - 7A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, April 06, 2014, 07:54:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

April 06, 2014, 07:54:11 am Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:51:35 am by 3 Dollar
Ok!  Here we go!  This poll is merely an opinionated one based on articles read and the eye test of one individual!

1...Cabot
2...Bryant
3...Conway
4...Bentonville
5...Fayetteville
6...North Little Rock
7...Van Buren
8...Rogers Heritage
9...Rogers
10..Fort Smith Northside

:)

As of 4-13-2014:

1...Conway
2...Bentonville
3...Bryant
4...North Little Rock
5...Van Buren
6...Fayetteville
7...Fort Smith Northside
8...Springdale Har-Ber
9...Rogers
10..Cabot

;)

As of 4-20-2014:

1...Bentonville
2...North Little Rock
3...Conway
4...Van Buren
5...Bryant
6...Rogers
7...Fort Smith Northside
8...Fort Smith Southside
9...Springdale Har-Ber
10..Fayetteville

:D

As of 4-27-2014:

1...North Little Rock
2...Bentonville
3...Rogers
4...Conway
5...Bryant
6...Van Buren
7...Springdale Har-Ber
8...Fort Smith Northside
9...Fort Smith Southside
10..Cabot

;D

As of 5-4-2014:

1...Conway
2...Van Buren
3...Bentonville
4...North Little Rock
5...Bryant
6...Springdale Har-Ber
7...Rogers
8...Fort Smith Northside
9...Rogers Heritage
10..Cabot

>:(

As of 5-11-2014:

1...Conway
2...Bentonville
3...North Little Rock
4...Bryant
5...Van Buren
6...Springdale Har-Ber
7...Rogers Heritage
8...Fort Smith Northside
9...Rogers
10..Cabot

:(

ST

Oh boy. I can't wait to see how this turns out.lol.

Panthers44

Cabot is not a number one Brookland beat them 7-0 last weekend

Tigersr1

Fayetteville is way too high. They are fixing to lose several confernce games. They are way down this year. Probably 5th in 7-A West.

BBRB

This should stir a little conversation for sure...HA!!

Earl is my Hero!!

April 07, 2014, 08:56:55 am #5 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:59:00 am by Earl is my Hero!!
#1 Cabot lost to #10 Northside, if that helps you any.

#2 Bryant beat Fayetteville 7-2 and lost to Farmington 3-2. Also beat Farmington 13-1.

hitemgogetem

I'm just as much a homer as the next guy......and as much as I like seeing them there......I'm still a realist (I've been called worse that's for sure)

......Bryant is also too high at #2.  We have our share of talent, with some leadership from some upper classmen.....but still have some issues to address with defense and being down one pitcher to knee injury (MRI results pending) complicates matters too.

Consistency would be my main debate point .....The only other 7A's I've seen first hand are Cabot and Rogers so I can't speak to the rest of the list but realistically I would put the Lady Hornets somewhere in the middle of this list.

passion4thegame

April 07, 2014, 11:01:10 am #7 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:31:10 am by passion4thegame
6-3 Earl

;D

Fayetteville is young and inexperienced.  I hope they are not "fixing to lose a lot confernce (conference) games" 

yahoo

I was told Bryant was down 2 pitchers 1 hurt her knee and 1 shoulder..Also heard 7 or 8 girls have quit..this may be all rumors just hearing it through the grapevine

hitemgogetem

Quote from: yahoo on April 07, 2014, 11:05:20 am
I was told Bryant was down 2 pitchers 1 hurt her knee and 1 shoulder..Also heard 7 or 8 girls have quit..this may be all rumors just hearing it through the grapevine

I wasn't going to air all the dirty laundry yahoo..hehe...... my yards not big enough for it all anyway and the football field is always in use.....so it's one load at a time....one load at a time.

yahoo

it was just what i was hearing at the van buren tournament this weekend didnt know if it was true or not..LOTS OF DRAMA.Good luck to y'all

1-Adam-12

April 07, 2014, 05:38:22 pm #11 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:23:47 pm by 1-Adam-12
If memory serves me right Cabot also lost to Pea Ridge at Fay/Farm tourney.

And Fayetteville has lost to Booneville three times.

ST

Quote from: hitemgogetem on April 07, 2014, 12:13:47 pm
Quote from: yahoo on April 07, 2014, 11:05:20 am

I wasn't going to air all the dirty laundry yahoo..hehe...... my yards not big enough for it all anyway and the football field is always in use.....so it's one load at a time....one load at a time.

It always gets out no matter what. Too bad some people in the position of importance refuse to see it. Could have been stopped a couple years ago.

3 Dollar

Updated!

Please post all 7A scores for the week of 4/13 - 4/19 on this thread!

Thank You!

mountiefan

Sorry for this late post but Rogers went 4-0 last week with victories over Har-Ber 6-4, soloam Springs 13-3, NLR 3-2, and Greenwood 9-8.  It was a good week

BigRedHog

4-11-14 Cabot 4 Jonesboro 3

Tigersr1

April 15, 2014, 07:37:28 pm #16 Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:38:50 am by Tigersr1
Rogers 3 Heritage 2
Bentonville 11 Fayetteville 0 Run rule no hitter by Bentonville pitcher.

hitemgogetem

Bryant defeats El Dorado 10-1.....will host Benton on Thursday

Mike Love

How does Bryant lose to Texarkana but beat Eldo??? Is everyone healthy?

hitemgogetem

Rumor mill must be running rampant Mike........(with our program I'm not surprised, though)

It wasn't our best game offensively, but some timely hits and a well pitched game defeated Texarkana 2-0 last week.

Tigersr1

Bentonville 7 Harber 1
Rogers 10 Springdale 0
Heritage 14 Siloam Springs 0

hitemgogetem

Benton defeats Bryant 3-0.......timely hits didn't happen this time.  Bryant left a lot of runners on base with missed opportunities......and a few too many free passes and good clutch hits and small ball by Benton led to their runs. 

All in all a good game by both squads.....and a lot of tears for the seniors on both sides after the game with so many girls having played together and against each other since they were little.  After last night they won't face each other again in high school......

Rivalries are one thing, but mutual respect goes a long way.   Good friends and memories for everyone involved......

Best of luck to both group of girls.......

3 Dollar

Updated!

Please post scores for 7A games played 4/21 -4/26 on this thread!

Tigersr1

Bentonville defeated Benton last night 5-3. Game was played at Arkansas Tech.

woodpeckerfsm

3 Dollar --

I think you need to download and look at the standings (they are posted at the top of the softball site).

How can you not have Cabot in the overall top 10 when they are unbeaten in the 7A/6A-East (including a win over NLR) yet rank Fayetteville that has ONE conference win?

Not a very good ranking just for that, especially when Cabot was ranked No. 1 not long ago.

Just an opinion.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Tigersr1 on April 24, 2014, 08:40:53 am
Bentonville defeated Benton last night 5-3. Game was played at Arkansas Tech.

Wow.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: woodpeckerfsm on April 24, 2014, 09:54:01 am
3 Dollar --

I think you need to download and look at the standings (they are posted at the top of the softball site).

How can you not have Cabot in the overall top 10 when they are unbeaten in the 7A/6A-East (including a win over NLR) yet rank Fayetteville that has ONE conference win?

Not a very good ranking just for that, especially when Cabot was ranked No. 1 not long ago.

Just an opinion.

I think that the loss to Northside is influencing his decision. The question is which was the real Cabot team, the one that lost to Northside or the one that beat NLR?

With playoffs rapidly approaching, we will find out soon enough...

yahoo

Bentonville will take it all this year

Tigersr1

April 24, 2014, 10:46:26 am #28 Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 10:54:13 am by Tigersr1
Quote from: yahoo on April 24, 2014, 10:07:36 am

I don't know if they will or not, but should definitely be in the mix. They have a great pitcher and a couple of key players that are freshmen that should be fun to watch going forward.

3sportkid

Quote from: Tigersr1 on April 24, 2014, 10:46:26 am

I don't know if they will or not, but should definitely be in the mix. They have a great pitcher and a couple of key players that are freshmen that should be fun to watch going forward.

couple of key seniors as well...HA

Tigersr1

Quote from: 3sportkid on April 24, 2014, 10:58:01 am
Quote from: Tigersr1 on April 24, 2014, 10:46:26 am

couple of key seniors as well...HA

Yes they do, they seem to have great balance.

sportsfanatic18

Van Buren will most likely win it all. If you've seen them play, then you'd probably agree with me. Untouchable offense. Who needs an ace pitcher or flawless defense when you put up 8+ runs a game?

Tigersr1

Quote from: sportsfanatic18 on April 24, 2014, 11:41:30 am
Van Buren will most likely win it all. If you've seen them play, then you'd probably agree with me. Untouchable offense. Who needs an ace pitcher or flawless defense when you put up 8+ runs a game?

I assume Van Buren and Bentonville haven't played yet, that should be a test for both. Van Buren's offense will definitely be tested, and btw Bentonville's offense isn't half bad either.

woodpeckerfsm

The big advantage Van Buren in 7A is that there is no big-time shut down ace pitcher in 7A.

On the other hand, all it takes is for a game or two for the VBHS bats to go silent, or to cool off just enough, for a good team to beat them.

But there are several good teams in 7A -- Bentonville, Van Buren, Conway, Cabot, NLR -- but there is no GREAT team.

Sheridan and Russellville in 6A are better teams as both have with great pitchers.

Tigersr1

Whenever Bentonville's pitcher is on she can be that shutdown pitcher, just ask Rogers about that.

sportsfanatic18

Quote from: Tigersr1 on April 24, 2014, 12:05:20 pm
Quote from: sportsfanatic18 on April 24, 2014, 11:41:30 am

I assume Van Buren and Bentonville haven't played yet, that should be a test for both. Van Buren's offense will definitely be tested, and btw Bentonville's offense isn't half bad either.

Oh I don't doubt that at all. I just think Van Buren's offense has been slightly more impressive. When those teams finally play, I think the winner will be the winner of the 7A championship. Both have an impressive first half going. I think it should be a great match-up. Best of luck to both.

sportsfanatic18

Quote from: woodpeckerfsm on April 24, 2014, 01:51:24 pm
The big advantage Van Buren in 7A is that there is no big-time shut down ace pitcher in 7A.

On the other hand, all it takes is for a game or two for the VBHS bats to go silent, or to cool off just enough, for a good team to beat them.

But there are several good teams in 7A -- Bentonville, Van Buren, Conway, Cabot, NLR -- but there is no GREAT team.

Sheridan and Russellville in 6A are better teams as both have with great pitchers.

My thoughts 100%. Van Buren's bats went quiet in their own tournament, or else they would've gone much further. And yes, 7A is really lacking that ace other than Vaughan at Bentonville. But she is hittable. There's no one in the 7A really close to the talent that Sheldon had at NLR, Summerford at Fayetteville, Lunde at Bentonville, and Williams at Van Buren. Now THOSE were the days of the 7A aces.

SouthpawSensation

Bentonville 12, Siloam Springs 0
Morgan Vaughan with her second perfect game. She now has two perfect games, a no-hitter, a one-hit shutout and a two-hitter this season.

mack

Quote from: sportsfanatic18 on April 24, 2014, 06:11:13 pm

My thoughts 100%. Van Buren's bats went quiet in their own tournament, or else they would've gone much further. And yes, 7A is really lacking that ace other than Vaughan at Bentonville. But she is hittable. There's no one in the 7A really close to the talent that Sheldon had at NLR, Summerford at Fayetteville, Lunde at Bentonville, and Williams at Van Buren. Now THOSE were the days of the 7A aces.

And, although they were not quite to the level of those 7A aces you mentioned, Cherie Barfield of Cabot and Skyler Dake of Conway were very, very good.  The 7A was chock full of quality pitchers then.

sportsfanatic18

Quote from: mack on April 25, 2014, 08:40:25 am
Quote from: sportsfanatic18 on April 24, 2014, 06:11:13 pm

And, although they were not quite to the level of those 7A aces you mentioned, Cherie Barfield of Cabot and Skyler Dake of Conway were very, very good.  The 7A was chock full of quality pitchers then.

Oh absolutely! Those were the days of 2-1 nail-biters. Now we see 9-8 nail-biters! Crazy how times have changed. It's all about the bats right now.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: sportsfanatic18 on April 25, 2014, 11:04:17 am
It's all about the bats right now.

To the tune of Rawhide:

Rollin' rollin' rollin'...
Keep them bats a rollin'...

Rolled Bats! Yahh!!!

mountiefan

While those pitchers were all very good; they were pitching from 40 feet, except during one particular state tournament.  I believe the additional three feet has brought much more hitting and therefore defense into play. 

3sportkid

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 24, 2014, 11:12:59 pm
Bentonville 12, Siloam Springs 0
Morgan Vaughan with her second perfect game. She now has two perfect games, a no-hitter, a one-hit shutout and a two-hitter this season.

we have played 19 games and she has 12 shutouts, Ms Vaughan is better than most for sure

mack

Quote from: mountiefan on April 25, 2014, 01:50:16 pm
While those pitchers were all very good; they were pitching from 40 feet, except during one particular state tournament.  I believe the additional three feet has brought much more hitting and therefore defense into play.

A few of them went on to college and pitched quite well from 43.  Ms. Sheldon is still doing it.

Not a good rebuttal I'm afraid.  They'd have had just as many K's from 43 in high school.

Tigersr1

Quote from: mack on April 25, 2014, 04:00:07 pm
Quote from: mountiefan on April 25, 2014, 01:50:16 pm

A few of them went on to college and pitched quite well from 43.  Ms. Sheldon is still doing it.

Not a good rebuttal I'm afraid.  They'd have had just as many K's from 43 in high school.
I will have to agree to disagree with you there. I'm not questioning they were great pitchers but that 3 feet makes a HUGE difference. I've seen it first hand for several years.

sportsfanatic18

Van buren 2
HarBer 3
HR by stafford for VB and HR by Neal for HarBer. Despite 3 errors HarBer held on to knock off the undefeated pointers. Wildcats pitched Stockhalper most of the game. Good choice.

Tigersr1

UPSET ALERT!
It was definitely a night of upsets in the west as Rogers defeated Bentonville 3-2.

hitemgogetem

Bryant defeats Sylvan Hills 16-2.......expected a tougher challenge...but I believe there were some prom conflicts that kept Sylvan Hills less than full strength.

sportsfanatic18

Quote from: Tigersr1 on April 25, 2014, 08:38:50 pm
UPSET ALERT!
It was definitely a night of upsets in the west as Rogers defeated Bentonville 3-2.

It definitely was. Starting to turn out like last season when everyone started beating everyone. NO TEAM IS SAFE! Just further proves the phrase: any team can beat any team on any given day.
I have yet to see it disproved. Gotta love sports!

ST

Do I have to weigh in on the pitching? I thought it should have been mentioned, but.................Peyton Jenkins from Bryant did very well for herself and her teams. Whether it was a strikeout, poorly hit ground ball or lazy fly ball, she put the ball where it needed to be to get the out. Probably the BEST change up I have seen and a very good curve ball to go with it. Oh, and it was all from 43 feet.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas