• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The D-Mac Tournament Starts Today

Started by Ole Man River, March 20, 2014, 07:12:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Man River

The D-Mac Tournament starts today at 4:00.  There are 6 games scheduled to be play.  Tomorrow has 15 games slated.  If you're anywhere close to Hope, Ar. today or this weekend come out and support these teams and enjoy a great atmosphere of softball.

Sweet

March 22, 2014, 10:59:24 pm #1 Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:39:00 pm by Sweet
Not exactly sure of the order of finish from 3 down but it's close.

Gold bracket
Lafayette Co.
Trinity
Bloomsburg
Prescott
Blevins
Nevada co

Sweet

March 22, 2014, 11:03:50 pm #2 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:33:47 am by Sweet
Blue bracket.
Spring Hill
Westside Johnson Co.
Cossatot
Avery
Southside Bee Branch
Malvern
CAC
Bradley

Sweet

Red bracket
Woodlawn
Dierks
Hope
Murfreesboro
Magnet Cove
Poyen
Fountain Lake
Bismark

Sweet

White bracket
Arkansas High
Foreman
Fouke
Genoa
De queen
Bearden
Mansfield
Camden Fairview

Rothie

Ark High won the D-mac white tournament 3-0 over Foreman.
Lafayette Co. won the D-Mac gold tournament 10-5 over Trinity
Spring Hill won the D-Mac blue tournament 12-6 in 8 inning over Westside
Woodlawn won the D-Mac red tournament (not sure on the score) over Dierks

There was some great ball played this weekend in Hope. I really enjoy this tournamemt and it is for a great cause. Not sure exact number of scholarship that was given out but the young ladies that got them were very happy. Volunteers did a wonderful job with keeping the fields prepped between games.
I wish there could have been an overall champion. Would of been interesting to see who would of the four champs would of came out on top. Already looking forward to next years tournament

True Fan

Bottom three in the red bracket was

Dover- Poyen wasn't there.
Bismarck
Ft Lake

True Fan

Great tournament. Great cause. Great format. Great fellowship. It's almost like a summer ball atmosphere.

Adding three more games would make it a true tournament of champions.

searkhogfan

Woodlawn beat Dierks 10-1. 
Had an awesome time. Just wish the awards assembly hadn't been delayed for over an hour. I'm too old to be getting home at 2:00am. Lol

Rothie

Quote from: True Fan on March 23, 2014, 09:34:42 am

Adding three more games would make it a true tournament of champions.

Just three more games and you would know

Runfastturnleft

Never mind the format, the moral of the story was this was a very well ran tournament for an even better cause.  Just listening to the stories about Debra and the amount of love and respect she had was very touching.  It seemed like everyone who was on staff for the tournament was very helpful and courteous.

It had more of a Regional Tournament feeling to me.  The main field was always full of energetic fans.  The softball was very good as well. 

Major props to the Spring Hill staff, as well as anyone else who made that tournament click.  First class affair for sure.

Ole Man River

March 23, 2014, 10:20:01 pm #11 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:25:50 pm by Ole Man River
Thank you goes out to everyone involved in this year tournament.  Heard lots of compliments on the tournament.  I even heard one player say "This feels like I'm at a Major League game, they even have a Peanut Guy!!!"  Once again a big Thank You goes out to everyone that was there for the tournament.  I hope to see everyone back again next year, and hope it's even bigger.

Sweet

I'm sure glad that peanut guy finally found his true calling in life. Need to see him at more events.

old dawg

Awesome weekend of softball. Got to see some really good softball teams and I would think that 24 of the thirty teams will see some post-conference action. I was impressed with the "peanut guy" as well. Of course, it would have been nice to actually have gotten to try some. The most impressive thing of the weekend was the fact that it seemed to me that more than 1000 people including players were around the ball field when the scholarship announcements were made. That was awesome.

Just saying... Great weekend!

Ole Man River

Well OMR is a "Jack of All Trades, and a Master of None...lol

old dawg

OMR... You are a "jack of all trades" and a master of one... Picking high school football games. As for softball, there is nothing "routine" about what you do.

old dawg

Good pictures available. Nice job. Over 4000 pics on the weekend.

http://keithpowellphotography.smugmug.com/D-Mac-Tournament/i-3sVdGxs

This is the website.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas