• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Teams in 2A

Started by Wolfman34, March 05, 2014, 08:30:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothie

April 02, 2014, 08:18:02 am #50 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:53:21 am by Rothie
Quote from: GatorBall on April 02, 2014, 07:05:26 am
Quote from: Sweet on April 01, 2014, 08:11:10 pm
Quote from: GatorBall on April 01, 2014, 07:02:53 am
Quote from: Sweet on April 01, 2014, 05:49:14 am
Are you saying Nashville is the caliber team it was last year?

Are you saying that Foreman's record is just blown out of proportion? Your just proving my point, if your not from Spring Hill (which is God's Gift to the Altheltic World) then your not any good. How about you just talk about how good you think Spring Hill is and quit degrading and belittling any team that's not from Spring Hill. My bet is you haven't even seen Foreman play but you have plenty to say on why they're not really any good. I haven't said one degrading word about Spring Hill and all you can do is nit pick on reasons why Foreman isn't any good.

As for Nashville, they may not be quite the same caliber team as last year but they are a very good team and will be in the hunt for the State title in 4A again this year. But I'm sure you will still find some other reason to say why Foreman really isn't any good.

All I can say is we will find out which team is better Monday!

Tell us about this new and improved Foreman team. Same team as last year and just trained hard all summer? Some stellar freshmen? Obviously better than last years 1 and done at regionals.

Sweet you are TRULY a CLASSLESS act!!! Now you are resorting to actually insulting 14 and 15 year old kids. Obviously you are the equivalent of 13 yr old child or at least the intellectual aptitude of one. Do you even know what the word "INTEGRITY" means?

Obviously there is nothing positive you can say about your own team so you just resort to criticize and ridicule another team. AMAZING!!
Some folks like to read their own writing. I know plenty of both foreman folks and SH folks and as I will say I am a SH fan there are plenty of kiddos on foreman and many other teams that I love to see do well. Actually there is not a kiddo I want to do bad. I want you at your best and see where the cards fall.
Some folks like to get things stirred up amd nothing you can do about it and the more one lets them know its getting to them the more they try and find other things to stir up. 
Foreman is improved from last year and so is SH so I look forward to watching what I think is the regular season title Monday in SH. Hope SH puts the right defense on the field to make plays on the hard hit balls foreman are going to hit.

paraloma

Quote from: Rothie on April 02, 2014, 08:18:02 am
Hope SH puts the right defense on the field to make plays on the hard hit balls foreman are going to hit.

No doubt.

Sweet

So tell us about this years Foreman Gators.

Rothie

April 03, 2014, 05:51:48 pm #53 Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:21:37 pm by Rothie
Quote from: The real Matt Cook on April 03, 2014, 05:02:12 pm
Idk there Sweat? Why don't you tell everyone about this so called "new and improved" sh team? Because the few games I've seen sh play I would have to say sh was down this year. If it wasn't for the horrendously bad calls in those games sh would have lost them. Heck sh doesn't even post they're stats. What's up with that? Must be as bad as the calls sh wins with?
Thats pretty funny. Haha....
What are the bad calls you are talking about? Just curious. Hope you are opening an opportunity to make an excuse later. ;-) I look forward to a great game between to very good teams

searkhogfan

Woodlawn 5
Junction City 3

BIG_K

Remember talk is cheap and crow is hard to digest.

Rothie

Bulldog92

Quote from: Rothie on April 04, 2014, 06:06:51 am
Quote from: BIG_K on April 03, 2014, 11:01:17 pm
+1
So when is this game between Foreman and SH?

GatorBall

Yeah, Sweet needs to remember that too!!!

Rothie

April 04, 2014, 08:16:42 am #59 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:23:12 am by Rothie
Quote from: Bulldog92 on April 04, 2014, 07:40:40 am
+1
Monday in SH at 4:30. Think the talk is a lot now wait til after the game because it will not stop from either side. Winner will rub it in and loser win "well if" it and "wait til tournament time" it. Haha...
Funny to me cause the girls have all the say without saying a thing just playing.

GatorBall

Quote from: Rothie on April 04, 2014, 08:16:42 am
+1
Monday in SH at 4:30. Think the talk is a lot now wait til after the game because it will not stop from either side. Winner will rub it in and loser win "well if" it and "wait til tournament time" it. Haha...
Funny to me cause the girls have all the say without saying a thing just playing.

I agree 100%!! Either way the other side is going to say, "wait until the District Tournament". None of us will have any bearing on the game at all. But when someone insults a team that my kid plays on and specifically calls out my kid and says she didn't help the team any last year then, yes, I will speak up and say something! And I'm referring to you "Sweet"!! Your Classless!!

I feel the same way that I'm sure everyone from Spring Hill feels and that is if their team plays their "A" game, they will win.

I too hope both teams play their "A" game! And let the cards fall where they may.

HorseFeathers

Hector is 7-1(3-0)...won their 3 conference games by a combine score of 35-1...

Straightup

Don't know if Hector will do much in the postseason, but they graduate a total of 2 over the next 2 years with at least 3 moving up next year that will replace current starters, and they have a freshman pitcher. The future looks promising.

HorseFeathers

That freshman pitcher has struck out at least ten in every game as well. . .

True Fan

There's a thread for that. ;D

Coach Ernest-Nashville

If you haven't seen Foreman hit you may not have an appreciation for what they do. Power to all fields with discipline at the plate. They don't try to do too much, just hit it where it's pitched and HARD! Their defense is solid adding a couple new girls to the lineup from last year. Well coached and won't be out worked. They would be a legitimate title contender from 5A down to 1A. I haven't seen Springhill this year but I know they're well coached as well and very talented. Should be a great battle between two really good teams. Class programs.

razorhead69

Quote from: searkhogfan on April 03, 2014, 09:34:31 pm
Woodlawn 5
Junction City 3

Heck yes! Go Bears! :)

More importantly Go KD!!

Bulldog92

Quote from: GatorBall on April 04, 2014, 10:18:06 am
+1

I agree 100%!! Either way the other side is going to say, "wait until the District Tournament". None of us will have any bearing on the game at all. But when someone insults a team that my kid plays on and specifically calls out my kid and says she didn't help the team any last year then, yes, I will speak up and say something! And I'm referring to you "Sweet"!! Your Classless!!

I feel the same way that I'm sure everyone from Spring Hill feels and that is if their team plays their "A" game, they will win.

I too hope both teams play their "A" game! And let the cards fall where they may.
Thinking this game got rained out.  If so when will the make up be?

bigboy77

Quote from: Bulldog92 on April 08, 2014, 11:36:12 am
Quote from: GatorBall on April 04, 2014, 10:18:06 am
+1
tomorrow at 4 last I heard

Thinking this game got rained out.  If so when will the make up be?

bigboy77

Tomorrow at 4 last I heard

Bulldog92

Sweet

7-6 foreman. good game Gators. We'll meet again.

The real Matt Cook

Yes it was. Only because the umpires made it that way. SMH

searkhogfan

Quote from: The real Matt Cook on April 09, 2014, 08:57:40 pm

Tasteless

GC Softball

Rothie

Quote from: The real Matt Cook on April 09, 2014, 08:57:40 pm
Thats the 2nd tiime you have posted and I personally know you are not matt cook because I was giving his play by play updates because he was not at the game and I never once mentioned the umps.
I asked ypu last time what was the bad calls that you were talking about and you did not answer so I ask again how was the outcome effected by the umps? Just curious.
Truth be spoken both teams has what I can recalk two errors both costing their team around the same amount of runs. Yesterday foreman was one run better. If Ihad to guess I would say they are going to meet at least two more and possibly 3 times. Good job to both teams. I Hope they meet up in conference, regionaln and State finals.

softballfan

Hector has won 11 in a row. They beat Paris, County Line, and Pangburn last weekend to win the Magazine tournament and they beat Lamar on Tuesday.

BIG_K

Now it's time for a little crow. You talk the talk and now it's time to walk the walk. Humility goes a long way in this game, take it from experience.

searkhogfan

GatorBall

In my opinion there were some really BAD calls in that game but they made some bad calls against both teams. It just looked like Foreman had a few more bad calls against them than what Spring Hill did but then again I am somewhat biased. SH played very hard and I don't take anything away from them. Foreman could have played a lot better but a "W" is a "W", no matter what the score was. I'll take it!!

Rothie

April 10, 2014, 08:39:13 am #80 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:58:47 am by Rothie
Quote from: GatorBall on April 10, 2014, 08:29:19 am
In my opinion there were some really BAD calls in that game but they made some bad calls against both teams. It just looked like Foreman had a few more bad calls against them than what Spring Hill did but then again I am somewhat biased. SH played very hard and I don't take anything away from them. Foreman could have played a lot better but a "W" is a "W", no matter what the score was. I'll take it!!
Just curious what the bad calls were? I seen some close calls go against both teams just dont remember any BAD calls. There are always close calls that both side think are bad. Both teams could of played better. Umps didnt make it agood or close game, two good teams made it a good and close game

GatorBall

Quote from: Rothie on April 10, 2014, 08:39:13 am
Just curious what the bad calls were? I seen some close calls go against both teams just dont remember any BAD calls. There are always close calls that both side think are bad. Umps didnt make it agood or close game, two good teams made it a good and close game

I don't won't to get into a debate on what I think or what you think were some bad calls but just so you don't think we're just saying that to have an excuse, I think there were some bad calls at first base, on both sides. I also think there was one bad call on an attempted steal to second and I won't even get started on the horrendous calls behind the plate for balls and strikes. But what do you expect when you get the two worst umpires in the state calling a game? And while were picking on umps I'll say this too, there should NEVER EVER be an ump on the field calling a game that is a school representative of one of the teams on the field. That is a conflict of interest in the HIGHEST regard.

True Fan

Quote from: GatorBall on April 10, 2014, 09:00:38 am
there should NEVER EVER be an ump on the field calling a game that is a school representative of one of the teams on the field.

Was that at this game?

Rothie

Just curious what the bad calls were? I seen some close calls go against both teams just dont remember any BAD calls. There are always close calls that both side think are bad. Umps didnt make it agood or close game, two good teams made it a good and close game

I don't won't to get into a debate on what I think or what you think were some bad calls but just so you don't think we're just saying that to have an excuse, I think there were some bad calls at first base, on both sides. I also think there was one bad call on an attempted steal to second and I won't even get started on the horrendous calls behind the plate for balls and strikes. But what do you expect when you get the two worst umpires in the state calling a game? And while were picking on umps I'll say this too, there should NEVER EVER be an ump on the field calling a game that is a school representative of one of the teams on the field. That is a conflict of interest in the HIGHEST regard.
It is what it is. Always something wrong with everything. Umps did not sway that game either way. And if anyone watching that thinks so then that's just disrespectful to the other team no matter which school you are cheering for. JMO

True Fan

Fair enough. But, was there an umpire from Spring Hill calling the game?

Rothie

No. One is from prescott other texarkana (I believe)

True Fan

Straightup

Their ARE EXCEPTIONS, but the outcome of 99.9% of the games I have observed over the last 30 years (regardless of the sport) was determined by players and coaches. As with any occupation or profession there are some umpires and officials that are really good, and some that are not so good.  Kids should be taught that there will occasionally be a incorrect call, sometimes for you, and sometimes against you, but that should never be used as an excuse for losing. JMO

GatorBall

Quote from: Rothie on April 10, 2014, 10:37:23 am

It is what it is. Always something wrong with everything. Umps did not sway that game either way. And if anyone watching that thinks so then that's just disrespectful to the other team no matter which school you are cheering for. JMO

I am not in anyway taking anything away from Spring Hill's softball team nor is it my intent. I thought they played a very good game! As for whether or not the umps "swayed" the game either way is completely subjective. I don't know how much the game would have changed if it would have changed at all, niether does anyone else but it could have... we will never know. We do know that none of the questionable calls were made on the last play of the game so as for the end result it probably didn't have any bearing on the game at all but as for the other calls we just don't know.

Surely you understand that Spring Hill is putting themselves in a position for other people to be critical when you always have a representative from the Spring Hill School out there calling the game. How would you guys feel if we had umps out there calling a game when you guys were playing us, that was a coach from our school. How would you feel about that?

GatorBall

Quote from: Rothie on April 10, 2014, 11:27:19 am
No. One is from prescott other texarkana (I believe)

Maybe I'm getting bad inforamtion but it is my understanding that one of the ump's is actually employed by the Spring Hill School. Are you saying that is absolutely wrong?

Ole Man River

Yes that is absolutely wrong

Rothie

April 10, 2014, 12:03:04 pm #91 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:17:20 pm by Rothie
If you think there were any home cooking calls you are not realistic and blinded by any call thats close that doesn't go your way. But foreman won by one and I guess it should if been a 10 point game.  Just picking. Good job gators and look forward to the next meeting

GatorBall

I'm not "blinded" by anything! I'm not one to blame umpires for a game unless it's a call that is at the end of tied or one run ballgame and this wasn't. A bad call that happens at any other time, the team still has the opportunity to overcome that by playing harder. But I heard you guys on the other side too, if you say their weren't any questionable calls the entire game your fooling yourself but if you don't agree that's ok.

I'm sure there will be at least one more opportunity for us to play again and possibly three more. It will be very interesting!!

Sweet

Typical Foreman fans.

BTW You're not The Real Matt Cook. Not even close. But it is nice living in your head rent free.

The real Matt Cook

First off the ump in the field is not employed by SHHS he is a volunteer for the football team. Second the ump calling the game was the same reason sh won the D-Mac tourney. Yep sh was beat. 3 umps on the field and none of them SAW the girl tag up. (I did) game over. No no wait let's whine. Ump calling the game some how did see that she didn't tag up! She's out and so was the other girl that was on first AND the girl that popped out! Oh my it's a triple play to give sh a chance to ONCE AGIAN come from behind. How do I know this? I over heard the ump BRAGING on the call that he made. I'm just glad that we beat you and your umps this time.

searkhogfan

I'm not a Spring Hill nor a Forman fan. But I was at the Dmac Tourny. And when the play your talking about happened. I looked at my daughter & said the girl on second left early. She went back & tagged but she still left before the ball was caught.  And that's coming from a fan that wanted the game over, so his team could play & he could make a 2 hr drive home. Spring Hill got the short end of the calls in that game. But they still won

GatorBall

Quote from: Sweet on April 10, 2014, 07:20:35 pm
Typical Foreman fans.

BTW You're not The Real Matt Cook. Not even close. But it is nice living in your head rent free.

That's laughable Sweet!! Your going to talk about "Foreman Fans"...REALLY! Talking about THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK. That's hilarious!!

Oh, and that phrase "...it is nice living in your head rent free." sure sounds like your him. Something I've heard him (you) say before.

Rothie

April 11, 2014, 08:20:59 am #97 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:24:19 am by Rothie
Quote from: GatorBall on April 10, 2014, 02:34:51 pm
I'm not "blinded" by anything! I'm not one to blame umpires for a game unless it's a call that is at the end of tied or one run ballgame and this wasn't. A bad call that happens at any other time, the team still has the opportunity to overcome that by playing harder. But I heard you guys on the other side too, if you say their weren't any questionable calls the entire game your fooling yourself but if you don't agree that's ok.

I'm sure there will be at least one more opportunity for us to play again and possibly three more. It will be very interesting!!
Look there were and will always be close questionable calls on both sides. I did not disagree with that. I just stated and meant there were no horrible calls that went either way. Personally think it was about even in the close calls department.
By the way, you didnt hear me say anything other the positive encouragement to players. I never have nor will blame an ump. No i don't agree with their calls but thats part of the game.  If you knew me you would know that.

Rothie

April 11, 2014, 08:31:17 am #98 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:37:22 am by Rothie
Quote from: The real Matt Cook on April 10, 2014, 08:42:47 pm
First off the ump in the field is not employed by SHHS he is a volunteer for the football team. Second the ump calling the game was the same reason sh won the D-Mac tourney. Yep sh was beat. 3 umps on the field and none of them SAW the girl tag up. (I did) game over. No no wait let's whine. Ump calling the game some how did see that she didn't tag up! She's out and so was the other girl that was on first AND the girl that popped out! Oh my it's a triple play to give sh a chance to ONCE AGIAN come from behind. How do I know this? I over heard the ump BRAGING on the call that he made. I'm just glad that we beat you and your umps this time.
It was not a triple play by the way and I truly believe you didnt see the play or you wouldn't think it was a triple play and you would of seen exact want everyone knew. If she tagged up and didn't leave early why is it the other coach didnt even question the call? Odd dont you think? Foreman won and in my opinion has won the regular season conference title because I don't think they will lose a conference regular season game now.

The real Matt Cook

(She)the coach was probably intimidated by the three (men) umps in pink making bad calls.

What about your Football Assistant Coach Umpire Volunteer Guy? No come back on that one? I'm over weight, have food stuck in my beard and I smell like cigarettes and burnt bacon grease. I am the real Matt Cook!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas