• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Teams in 2A

Started by Wolfman34, March 05, 2014, 08:30:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfman34

Who will be top 2A teams this season?

WHITEchicken

after just seeing one game of JC they look pretty good. but yall know im biased

NEASPORTSFAN

In the north, BIC, Cedar Ridge, Salem

In the south, Spring hill, Junction city

In the east bigelow, magnet cove

West- mountainburg?

jabberhog

just asking a couple of questions to think about.

Didn't Bigelow lose just about everyone but their pitcher.
Magnet Cove lost a really good senior pitcher and a few other seniors.

I think a couple of teams will make some big improvements based on new players.

Also, don't forget about Marked Tree.  Pretty good pitcher coming back.

NEASPORTSFAN

Bigelows pitcher is dominant. She will carry them. Magnet should still be good, and Marked Tree pitcher transferred to Paragould.

bigboy77

Foreman gonna be in the mix

True Fan

Magnet Cove opens the season 2-1. Shutout wins over Jessieville and Hot Springs and lost by one to Ouachita. Basketball girls wrapped up Monday and the team looked about as rough as normal this time if year. Lost four starters to graduation and one moved. More new faces than familiar. Healthy competition as some underclassmen are trying to earn their spot. I saw a lot of "potential". I'm looking forward to seeing how good they can get.

SoftballMom

Salem is not that strong, lost 11-1 to 1A ICC

Wolfman34

Pangburn and Tuckerman look like teams to beat in the north. Not sure about Salem or cedar ridge.

Softballmom22

March 17, 2014, 08:58:34 am #9 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:01:13 pm by Softballmom22
Foreman has already beaten Nashville, Ashdown and also Hamburg. Foreman went undefeated in tournament in Hope this weekend.

NEASPORTSFAN

Salem and cedar will be tough as usual. Walnut Ridge is improved too.

True Fan

Quote from: phstiger on March 07, 2014, 12:09:52 pm

Woodlawn Beat Magnet Cove today 12-2. The south will be strong this year.

searkhogfan

Quote from: True Fan on March 17, 2014, 06:48:36 pm
Quote from: phstiger on March 07, 2014, 12:09:52 pm

Woodlawn Beat Magnet Cove today 12-2. The south will be strong this year.

Woodlawn had 2 starters missing tonight too.

Rothie

Just curious, who all was in Hope tournament?

bigboy77

Hope,Taylor,Hamburg,lake Hamilton,Malvern, foreman,Bismarck,Bradley,Camden H.G

HorseFeathers

Don't follow softball in anyway(Can't even tell you who's in Hector's conference)...but i seen that Hector is off to a 4-1 start...They no hit Danville last week, and beat WYC 20-1....Used to catch a game every now and then, and was just curious if we(Hector), are expected to do anything at the conference level or maybe a little further?

wiseguy

Don't know but their off to a good start. Beat Dardanelle today 1-0 in xtra innings :)

Rothie

Quote from: bigboy77 on March 18, 2014, 02:03:37 pm
Hope,Taylor,Hamburg,lake Hamilton,Malvern, foreman,Bismarck,Bradley,Camden H.G
Thanks. Some good teams do very good job foreman

Straightup

bigboy77

Foreman 3-0 over Mansfield in D-Mac tournament

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: bigboy77 on March 21, 2014, 08:56:47 pm
Foreman 3-0 over Mansfield in D-Mac tournament

They flat out kill the ball.   Mansfield played good D and gloved a lot of hot shots. 

Sweet

Arkansas High took care of Foreman. Most of the teams they beat are down this year.

GatorBall

Quote from: Sweet on March 24, 2014, 07:10:17 am
Arkansas High took care of Foreman. Most of the teams they beat are down this year.

Foreman can't wait to play Arkansas High again since we're having a "... down year" anyway!!

Arkansas High played very well!! Made 3 or 4 Highlight Reel catches in the outfield that would have changed the game dramatically!!

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: GatorBall on March 24, 2014, 08:25:13 am

Foreman can't wait to play Arkansas High again since we're having a "... down year" anyway!!

Arkansas High played very well!! Made 3 or 4 Highlight Reel catches in the outfield that would have changed the game dramatically!!

Kids that hit the ball that hard can beat anyone....

Just saying...

I thought Woodlawn and Spring Hill both looked good as well.   

old dawg

There is no doubt that Woodlawn, Dierks, Spring Hill and Foreman represented 2A well. Foreman and Spring Hill could lock horns multiple times this year and both will be state title contenders.

As for the rest of 2A, not sure. But any team that wants a serious challenge should consider playing in that D-Mac tourney. It is good.

Rothie

Lafayette County won their bracket. Granted it wasnt the strongest bracket but they won it. I didn't see much from Dierks. It took an awful game from Hope for them to get past them.

bigboy77

Foreman won 2 games over junction city today 18 to3 and 17 to 4

thabeast428

Forman must be really good

paraloma

Quote from: thabeast428 on March 29, 2014, 08:48:12 pm
Forman must be really good

I'd say.

QuoteJUNCTION CITY, Ark.—Foreman combined for 31 hits, six home runs and outscored Junction City, 35-7, in a doubleheader at Lady Dragon Field.

In the first game, Crystal Kegley slammed two home runs in the 18-3 victory.

The Lady Gators led, 6-1, after the first inning and exploded for 11 runs in the second frame. The scoring surge was highlighted by Kegley's grand slam. She added a solo homer in the fourth inning and added five RBI.

Hali Jester also rocked a homer, a double and three RBI. Kylee Cowan finished with four singles, an RBI and four stolen bases.

Kegley connected for another homer in the second game, helping led Foreman to a 17-4 win.

Kegley had three other hits in the game and two RBI. Nadia Ballarin popped a two-run homer, a double, a single and four RBI. Katlin Butler added a two-run homer in the bottom of the seventh.

Kegley earned the pitching win in the first game, while Miranda Gross got the win in the second game.

True Fan

March 30, 2014, 02:37:39 pm #29 Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:41:49 pm by True Fan

I guess JC is "down" this year.

Where is whitechicken to give us the lowdown?

Sweet

Rothie

What 4:30 friday?
Foreman is are Spring Hill next monday at 4:30. Guess then sweet can see if it just because everyone else is down this year. Haha

Sweet

My mistake. Thought Friday was the 7th.

Sweet

To explain the "down." I heard a lot of lip when Foreman roughed up Genoa. Come to find out Genoa was (still is) missing 4 players.

GatorBall

Let Sweet Talk all he/she wants too!!! Your never ever going to convince anyone from Spring Hill that their not the best Softball Players this world has ever seen!!!! Even though they have never won a High School Softball State Championship, EVER!!

Foreman has beat the 4A State Champions (Nashville), 4A State Runner-Up (Ashdown), 4A State Semi-Finalists (Hamburg), 1A State Champions (Taylor), a 6A School (Lake Hamilton),  and 4 3A schools. In fact the only team that Foreman has played that is the same size of school they beat them 18-3 & 17-4. The only loss that Foreman has is to Arkansas High that just so happens to be a 6A team.

I have seen Spring Hill play and they do have a good team but they will NEVER EVER give any recognition to anyone outside of Spring Hill.

True Fan

Quote from: GatorBall on March 31, 2014, 08:23:23 am

I have seen Spring Hill play and they do have a good team but they will NEVER EVER give any recognition to anyone outside of Spring Hill.

Not all of "them". Some good folks over there too.

GatorBall

Quote from: True Fan on March 31, 2014, 11:36:31 am
Quote from: GatorBall on March 31, 2014, 08:23:23 am

Not all of "them". Some good folks over there too.

Yeah, I shouldn't stereotype. Not everyone over there is like that, I have friends from there and there are some good people over there. It just seems like they have more than the usual amount of loud and obnoxious people and it just rubs you the wrong way.

Either way we will see how good both of the teams are...

OwlsR1

And Foreman doesn't...goodness!!!  All teams have bad fans and unfortunately those are usually the ones that give the whole school a bad rap...

GatorBall

Quote from: OwlsR1 on March 31, 2014, 03:45:12 pm
And Foreman doesn't...goodness!!!  All teams have bad fans and unfortunately those are usually the ones that give the whole school a bad rap...

Nope!! LOL

HorseFeathers

Springhill had never won a girls basketball state title before this year either...we know how that worked out for them...

Hector beat Conway St Joe 10-1 today to improve to 3-0 in conference

Sweet

Are you saying Nashville is the caliber team it was last year?

GatorBall

Quote from: Sweet on April 01, 2014, 05:49:14 am

Are you saying that Foreman's record is just blown out of proportion? Your just proving my point, if your not from Spring Hill (which is God's Gift to the Altheltic World) then your not any good. How about you just talk about how good you think Spring Hill is and quit degrading and belittling any team that's not from Spring Hill. My bet is you haven't even seen Foreman play but you have plenty to say on why they're not really any good. I haven't said one degrading word about Spring Hill and all you can do is nit pick on reasons why Foreman isn't any good.

As for Nashville, they may not be quite the same caliber team as last year but they are a very good team and will be in the hunt for the State title in 4A again this year. But I'm sure you will still find some other reason to say why Foreman really isn't any good.

All I can say is we will find out which team is better Monday!

Bismarck_lions

Quote from: Sweet on March 31, 2014, 06:56:31 am

To explain the "down." I heard a lot of lip when Foreman roughed up Genoa. Come to find out Genoa was (still is) missing 4 players.

Anybody know if they will be missing those 4 players on Friday??

bigboy77

I heard they wqs suppose to be back yesterday

Rothie

Quote from: bigboy77 on April 01, 2014, 11:33:38 am
I heard they wqs suppose to be back yesterday
I heard the same thing aboutnthe Genoa players

Straightup

Hector 16-0 over Conway Christian

Sweet

April 01, 2014, 08:11:10 pm #46 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:18:48 pm by Sweet
Quote from: GatorBall on April 01, 2014, 07:02:53 am

Are you saying that Foreman's record is just blown out of proportion? Your just proving my point, if your not from Spring Hill (which is God's Gift to the Altheltic World) then your not any good. How about you just talk about how good you think Spring Hill is and quit degrading and belittling any team that's not from Spring Hill. My bet is you haven't even seen Foreman play but you have plenty to say on why they're not really any good. I haven't said one degrading word about Spring Hill and all you can do is nit pick on reasons why Foreman isn't any good.

As for Nashville, they may not be quite the same caliber team as last year but they are a very good team and will be in the hunt for the State title in 4A again this year. But I'm sure you will still find some other reason to say why Foreman really isn't any good.

Tell us about this new and improved Foreman team. Same team as last year and just trained hard all summer? Some stellar freshmen? Obviously better than last years 1 and done at regionals.

Sweet

Quote from: Wolfman34 on March 16, 2014, 05:40:25 pm
Pangburn and Tuckerman look like teams to beat in the north. Not sure about Salem or cedar ridge.

This time last year Pangburn looked like world beaters. Faded out late in season. What happened last year?? Injury?

NEASPORTSFAN

Pitcher went down in the first inning of district tournament. Pulled hamstring running to first. Lost to Salem, who got hot and went to state. Pangburn got beat by Payton carter and marked tree in regionals.

GatorBall

Quote from: Sweet on April 01, 2014, 08:11:10 pm
Quote from: GatorBall on April 01, 2014, 07:02:53 am

Tell us about this new and improved Foreman team. Same team as last year and just trained hard all summer? Some stellar freshmen? Obviously better than last years 1 and done at regionals.

Sweet you are TRULY a CLASSLESS act!!! Now you are resorting to actually insulting 14 and 15 year old kids. Obviously you are the equivalent of 13 yr old child or at least the intellectual aptitude of one. Do you even know what the word "INTEGRITY" means?

Obviously there is nothing positive you can say about your own team so you just resort to criticize and ridicule another team. AMAZING!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas