• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team to Beat in 1A

Started by Phog Allen, March 02, 2014, 07:35:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Phog Allen

I hear that Izard County will be the team to beat from the northern part of the state and Taylor in the southern part. Any other teams to keep an eye on this year?

gamecocks8584

gamechanger11

Izard county will be a good but Midland will be the team in the north to beat

Phog Allen

Midland? I haven't talked to anybody that has mentioned them in any regard.

littlec2964

I would say Nemo Vista and Viola up North and Taylor down South.

Mustang Fan

Midland was in final 8 teams last year losing to Nemo in close game.  They have 6 returning starters from that team.  Should be able to make another run!!

MHSmustangs

Midland won the 1A 2 South District Tournament by defeating Southside Bee Branch 8 to 5. Midland was Runner Up to Nemo Vista in Region 3 in a close game (6 to 4). They lost to Taylor 4 to 0 (the eventual State Champs) in the second round of the state tournament. Both Taylor and Nemo Vista lost several players to graduation including their pitchers.

Wolfman34

Midland not THE team to beat. They will be beaten several times though.

GO REDWOLVES!!

lilmomma0324

Who's the team to beat wolfman?

Wolfman34

Taylor. ICC will be pretty tough also.

MHSmustangs

Midland split a double header with ICC last year. Game 1 Midland won 5 to 3. In Game 2 (with a back-up catcher) Midland lost 2 to 0.

Bowhunter

Viola will be the team to beat in the North, ICC will be good but not as good as Viola. My top 4 in 1A is 1. Taylor 2. Nemo vista 3. Viola 4. Scranton. Not in any certain order.

Mustang Fan

Top 4 in this order. 1-Nemo. 2-Midland. 3-Taylor. 4-Concord

Rogerdaniel

Quote from: Phog Allen on March 02, 2014, 07:35:59 pm
I hear that Izard County will be the team to beat from the northern part of the state and Taylor in the southern part. Any other teams to keep an eye on this year?
who beat Izard out last year & what round do they make it too?

Rogerdaniel

Midland should be a good team they're just under the radar

Wolfman34

Yes Midland will be a good team. Top 5 in my opinion. They're well coached with a great pitcher/catcher combo coming back. Still think Taylor ICC and probably Nemo are teams to watch. Midland will be pretty good though.

MHSmustangs

ICC lost to Bradley 1 to 0 in the first round of the state tournament.

gamechanger11

Way off mustang fan. Give you midland, taylor

Concord will be terrible. Nemo will be good but pitcher is hurt. SS will still be really good. ICC, Viola and Bradley will all be good.

Phog Allen

ICC will be "The TEAM"in the North. Viola will be good and I guess Midland will be decent, but ICC will be the dominant team. Viola will not beat ICC at any time this year.

watchemplay

I love to see all of these pre-season picks.  We should let them play 4 or 5 games and then see these post.  I agree with most of the teams listed.  Concord should be much improved this year.  Midland, Southside Bee Branch, Viola, ICC, Taylor, Nemo Vista, and Bradley will be good, along with Sranton.  I do not know about Viola, Taylor, ICC and Bradley but Midland, Concord, and Southside Bee Branch have most of their players back again this year.  This should be a good year for all of them.

gamechanger11

Need to throw Calico Rock in there. Most of last years team were freshman and have a good group of freshman this year. Viola returns all but one of theirs. Concord I was told lost the middle infield and catcher. Mt vernon should still be good lost their short stop and thats about it. Sacred Heart will be better than most believe.

playhard

Viola, Taylor, Scranton,Midland, SSBB, Bradley, Nemo, will all be good this year. Curious to see how good of a pitcher Nemo has this year. Their ace graduated and think their next pitcher in waiting is hurt.

gamechanger11

That would be correct she hurt her knee but they are always good.

Phog Allen

Did someone mention Calico Rock in a post regarding softball? Hilarious!!!

Bowhunter

Phog, you my sir are a ICC homer!!! I was skeptical when you said (I hear ICC is going to be the team to beat in the North). But when you made the BOLD statement that Viola will not beat ICC this season you lost all creditability. Viola has owned ICC the last 3 years. And as far as Calico Rock goes they had 9 players total (7 freshman) and went to state and played a good game against Wickes and lost in the first round (like ICC). This year they will be much improved and will give ICC a good game. By the way, I think Calico Rock has went to state the last 7 years, so you may want to think before you type a crazy comment!

SoftballMom

Calico Rock might be young, but can handle their own when it comes to 1A ball up North. Unless Viola or ICC has a young pitcher coming up, then you might see Calico beat them in the future. Calico's pitcher is only a sophomore, so if she stays healthy then she will dominate that area. I'm not from Calico, just love keeping up with softball in the Northern area.

Woodrow1

Quote from: Phog Allen on March 12, 2014, 10:58:52 pm
Did someone mention Calico Rock in a post regarding softball? Hilarious!!!

I heard that Calico was trying to talk ICC's coach into coming to Calico to coach softball.

CRHS4LIFE

Calico Rock has started off (2-0) this year already beating Highland and Cave City! They are good. Players that played for team Krush that went to the 2012 USFA World Series Softball Tournament in Panama City Beach, Florida. The young class they have moved up is good. Hilarious? Welcome to a new era!  :D

Woodrow1

Cave City and Highland aren't very good. So we will see when they face tougher competition.

gamechanger11

Telling you now Calico rock will compete with ICC and Viola for this conf title. Not saying they will win it but those three wi battle and Calico will make state tourny. Saying that though the other district in that region is not very good.

watchemplay

Midland took a hit yesterday. We were shutout by Southside bee branch. How is everyone else doing this week?

SoftballMom

Viola beat Flippin 8-0

ICC beat Norfork in both games 11-1

SoftballMom

Calico played MH JV last night - 1st game they won 8-6, lost 2nd game with playing some of their B players to get some field time 6-3. Umps made bad calls and both team coaches handle their emotions well; both sides wanted a fair game. Calico out hit MH when they had players on base, their pitcher handles pressure very well, and they took advantage of the errors that MH made. Playing teams like this with competition in the area will only make them better in the future. ICC and Viola will probably have a run for the conference title this year, but in the next 2 years I see Calico taking it.

old dawg

For everyone paying attention to this board....Pay attention to this post. Not one person has mentioned Cossatot River. They played at the D-Mac this weekend and represented very well. They will be 3A next year but this year they are 1A and have a solid top five or six line-up and will only get better. So 1A pay attention, they are contenders.

Rothie

I agree completely about Cossatot River. They will be in the hunt at state for sure

FreeMoney

Heard Guy run ruled Nemo last week. Nemo is now a basketball school. Who woulda thought it?

MHSmustangs

Midland  2
ICC        0
Final

Way to go Lady Mustangs!

SoftballCrazy

Lavaca 3 Scranton 2
Scranton 3 Fort Smith Southside 2

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas