• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jr High Tournament

Started by busta, February 04, 2014, 09:35:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

busta

Clinton will host a Jr High Tournament on April 12.   Games will be begin at 9 AM.   3 GG   Round Robin to a single elimination bracket.  12 Team maximum entry.   Entry Fee is $165

Entered:  Clinton, Rose Bud, Mtn View

Call or text 501-592-1380

beaverpride

seriously??? jr. high softball.....wow ...some of u parents are a real joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: busta on February 04, 2014, 09:35:36 am
Clinton will host a Jr High Tournament on April 12.   Games will be begin at 9 AM.   3 GG   Round Robin to a single elimination bracket.  12 Team maximum entry.   Entry Fee is $165

Good to get them started early !!

birdman1981

Quote from: beaverpride on February 05, 2014, 12:09:31 pm
seriously??? jr. high softball.....wow ...some of u parents are a real joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

How do you figure ?  I guess it's ok to start boys at age 5 to 6 in baseball ?  Quit Hating !  ;)

ST

Quote from: beaverpride on February 05, 2014, 12:09:31 pm

lol! This is hilarious.

busta

Quote from: busta on February 04, 2014, 09:35:36 am

Entered as of 02/06 - Clinton, Rose Bud, Mtn View, Southside Bee Branch

beaverpride

yes yes...go win that 3 team invitational 12 and under southwest regional northern.com WORLD SERIES.....ha

3 Dollar

I think someone (BP) is not getting enough attention!!   :-[

beaverpride

WORLD SERIES CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!!  you morons start them when they are five years old and not developed and then travel them all over the state proclaiming they are all stars and call them world series contenders....(by the way there are over 5 world series in this state alone).. then when they get to high school and arent as good as you think they should be it becomes the coaches fault because youve been feeding them BS lines of how they will get a scholarship for fifteen years.....and then your child is heartbroken come signing day.  Go win that 11 yr old tournament baby!! and by the way the $85 pair of batting gloves, $300 bat, Awesome uniforms(paid for by rich parents), $100 cleats, top of the line glove etc, doesnt make your kid get a scholly....lol at yall

yahoo

Glad to see the softball forum is finally starting to pick up..

backatyou

BP not knocking jr high or high school teams but I would think most travel teams that you seem to be kicking would compete with jr high and high school teams.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: beaverpride on February 07, 2014, 12:06:51 pm
WORLD SERIES CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!!  you morons start them when they are five years old and not developed and then travel them all over the state proclaiming they are all stars and call them world series contenders....(by the way there are over 5 world series in this state alone).. then when they get to high school and arent as good as you think they should be it becomes the coaches fault because youve been feeding them BS lines of how they will get a scholarship for fifteen years.....and then your child is heartbroken come signing day.  Go win that 11 yr old tournament baby!! and by the way the $85 pair of batting gloves, $300 bat, Awesome uniforms(paid for by rich parents), $100 cleats, top of the line glove etc, doesnt make your kid get a scholly....lol at yall
it takes talent, work, money, and sacrifice. So what if they don't get a scholly? People are investing in their greatest asset, which is their kids. It teaches kids how to work together, set and acheive goals, improve individually, and so on. So what is the bigger waste of energy, putting time and money into children, or running your mouth off on a message board about people that do. Get a life man.

backatyou

small price compared to the money I send to the school system every year.

pdj

it takes talent, work, money, and sacrifice. So what if they don't get a scholly? People are investing in their greatest asset, which is their kids. It teaches kids how to work together, set and acheive goals, improve individually, and so on. So what is the bigger waste of energy, putting time and money into children, or running your mouth off on a message board about people that do. Get a life man.
[/quote]

Amen! 

MHFan23

Clueless ??? Anything better to do ? Guess not.

rbhs8990

Schools have jr high football, jr high basketball, jr high track, to name a few...so what's wrong with having jr high softball??  As far as I know, these jr high teams are all school sponsored and coached by their high school coaches. 

beaverpride

get that scholly phs...your probably one of the softball dads that sucked in sports and now trying to live your life through your child...keep buying them world series baby!!!!

jr17

I don't even have a dog in the fight, I'm just reading, and yet you have still managed to make me comment.. go away. You're ignorant.

MHFan23

Quote from: beaverpride on February 10, 2014, 09:40:53 am
get that scholly phs...your probably one of the softball dads that sucked in sports and now trying to live your life through your child...keep buying them world series baby!!!!

And you must have that kid that can't play ? Moron

Mike Love

Let'em play!!! More the better. Not ALL kids get to play the tournament, 27 different World Series summer. There are some, not many, who play for school, pride and fun. Another chance for them to represent their hometowns!!!

mack

You are one fairly clueless poster.  You should probably take your idiotic posts and go home.  Leave the softball board to folks who know something about the game...... Baby......

BBRB

Well Beaver Cleaver.....I've been seeing BUSTA post to this board off and on for a LONG time...If Busta thinks that an event is worth posting on here that's good enough for me....Those of us that have been around this game for 10 or 12 years know that it sure ain't about the SCHOLLY when it comes to softball...It was good of you to wake this board up though even it you don't know what you're talking about

beaverpride

World series or bust baby!!!!! Pay to play!!!!

mack

Quote from: BBRB on February 11, 2014, 01:10:36 pm

Well Beaver Cleaver.....I've been seeing BUSTA post to this board off and on for a LONG time...If Busta thinks that an event is worth posting on here that's good enough for me....Those of us that have been around this game for 10 or 12 years know that it sure ain't about the SCHOLLY when it comes to softball...It was good of you to wake this board up though even it you don't know what you're talking about

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If I had saved all the money I spent on DD from age 8 until college, I could have paid her way thru college.  Even if she hadn't gotten her scholarships to play ball, I'd gladly have paid twice that for her [and mom and dad] to have those life experiences.

BBRB

Quote from: mack on February 11, 2014, 02:08:42 pm
Quote from: BBRB on February 11, 2014, 01:10:36 pm

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If I had saved all the money I spent on DD from age 8 until college, I could have paid her way thru college.  Even if she hadn't gotten her scholarships to play ball, I'd gladly have paid twice that for her [and mom and dad] to have those life experiences.
Well at least Wally and The Beaver aren't debating who the fastest freshman pitcher in the state is....That's coming next month I guess....HA!!

busta

One: I am not a parent of a softball player!  So if you, Beaverpride, are calling me a joke then you have a lot to learn.  Two: what difference does it make to you?  Three: As I have read through these post you have proven yourself to be uneducated on the subject!

Its amazing to me how a post intended on letting people know about a tournament turned into 8U & World Series discussion which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  If I need to post information about an 8U tournament  (which there is one in Clinton on May 9-10) to keep this thread on topic then I will.  Otherwise, lets promote and discuss Jr High Softball.   

Lionheart88

February 12, 2014, 02:34:13 am #26 Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:35:50 am by Lionheart88
Quote from: rbhs8990 on February 09, 2014, 09:34:40 pm
Schools have jr high football, jr high basketball, jr high track, to name a few...so what's wrong with having jr high softball??  As far as I know, these jr high teams are all school sponsored and coached by their high school coaches.
The rest of those are all overseen by the AAA.  Is there a governing body for school-run jr. high softball?  Or does everyone just make the rules as they go when it comes to the sorts of things the AAA would normally be overseeing (academic eligibility, move-in, using certified officials, etc)?

Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong with jr. high softball (or baseball, or soccer, or tennis, golf, ay other sport that's offered at the HS level that currently isn't at the JH level), I think it's probably a good idea.  But who's overseeing it if not the AAA?

mack

Quote from: busta on February 12, 2014, 02:04:38 am
One: I am not a parent of a softball player!  So if you, Beaverpride, are calling me a joke then you have a lot to learn.  Two: what difference does it make to you?  Three: As I have read through these post you have proven yourself to be uneducated on the subject!

Its amazing to me how a post intended on letting people know about a tournament turned into 8U & World Series discussion which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  If I need to post information about an 8U tournament  (which there is one in Clinton on May 9-10) to keep this thread on topic then I will.  Otherwise, lets promote and discuss Jr High Softball.   

Just a thought Busta,,, I could be wrong, but I think that this Jr. High tournament could impact the maximum number of games/tournaments that the entered teams can play.  I've been away from the high school game for 5 years now, but since 9th graders were eligible to play varsity years ago, any JV or Jr. High tournament/games were counted against varsity games/tournaments.

rbhs8990

I may be wrong, but I think most schools are just using 7th and 8th graders for their jr high teams, so it shouldn't matter on number of games played regarding varsity limits.  Also....from what I know, schools are using same rules that apply to sr high regarding eligibility, officials, move ins, etc.  do you think the AAA will ever oversee the other jr high sports if their is enough interest?

busta

February 12, 2014, 10:37:29 am #29 Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:41:39 am by busta
A Junior High tournament is for 7th & 8th graders.  It is NOT a High School JV tournament.  I do think eventually the AAA will get involved because of the growing popularity.  As for now, not many games and many schools offer a Jr High team because it adds one more responsibility to the High School coach.    Some schools are allowing volunteers to take the Jr High so the High School coach is not having to double up.  I have yet to see a school offer a stipend for a coach to do Jr High baseball/softball.   The coaches usually do so for the development of their High School team.

birdman1981

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 12, 2014, 02:34:13 am
Quote from: rbhs8990 on February 09, 2014, 09:34:40 pm
The rest of those are all overseen by the AAA.  Is there a governing body for school-run jr. high softball?  Or does everyone just make the rules as they go when it comes to the sorts of things the AAA would normally be overseeing (academic eligibility, move-in, using certified officials, etc)?

Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong with jr. high softball (or baseball, or soccer, or tennis, golf, ay other sport that's offered at the HS level that currently isn't at the JH level), I think it's probably a good idea.  But who's overseeing it if not the AAA?

I would assume that they have to follow the same rules as JH football, basketball, volleyball, etc.

Lionheart88

You would assume wrong.  The AAA doesn't oversee jr. high softball, there's no reason to think their rules would apply.

birdman1981

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 12, 2014, 12:40:36 pm
You would assume wrong.  The AAA doesn't oversee jr. high softball, there's no reason to think their rules would apply.

And I never said the AAA oversaw junior high sports, dimwit........READ !

Lionheart88

The only reason that jr. high football, basktball, and volleyball follow the rules they do is because the AAA is overseeing them.  Why would you assume a non-AAA sanctioned sport would have to follow the AAA's rules?

It's as if some colleges got together and formed a rugby league independent of the NCAA, and you were assuming they'd follow all the NCAA's guidelines.  Why would they?  There's no reason to assume that jr. high softball has to follow AAA rules, because it's not a AAA-sanctioned sport.

NEASPORTSFAN

AAA rules do apply to Jr. High, such as player eligibility and game limitations. The rulebook specifies these things.

Lionheart88

Sure, for sports the AAA sanctions.  The AAA does not sanction jr. high softball, so AAA rules don't apply to them any more than they apply to a school's archery, trap shooting, or bass fishing teams.  (Yes, all of those are real sports offered by various entities in Arkansas, none run through the AAA).

Lionheart88

Ok, mea culpa time.  I reviewed the AAA Handbook and there is in fact provision for jr. high softball, as well as several other sports I didn't know the AAA offered art the jr. high level (in fact it seems that the AAA offers all of its sports at jr. high and sr. high levels).  Once again I re-learn the lesson that just because I don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  My apologies, folks.

As soon as I clean this egg off my face I'm going to go eat some crow. :-[

BBRB

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 12, 2014, 02:54:02 pm
Ok, mea culpa time.  I reviewed the AAA Handbook and there is in fact provision for jr. high softball, as well as several other sports I didn't know the AAA offered art the jr. high level (in fact it seems that the AAA offers all of its sports at jr. high and sr. high levels).  Once again I re-learn the lesson that just because I don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  My apologies, folks.

Thanks so much for this post....Most people would have never sent it after calling out the Birdman.  Very mature of you

birdman1981

Quote from: BBRB on February 12, 2014, 03:36:30 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 12, 2014, 02:54:02 pm

Thanks so much for this post....Most people would have never sent it after calling out the Birdman.  Very mature of you

Amen. Thanks. Don't sweat it Lion. Heck, I didn't know either. I just thought that whoever oversaw JH football, basketball, etc. would oversee ALL JH (middle school) athletics.

busta

Birdman & Mack...so we reunite!  I saw 4shizzle the other day and was asking about you!  Never too old to learn something new huh?

Mike Love

I'm still waiting on the new freshman "jennie finch" fiasco...and now we are talking about 7th and 8th graders...egad!!! Oh well...Let'em Play!

beaverpride

7th grade world series champs!!!!!!!  pay 300 to enter tournament and take that trophy baby!!!

mack

Quote from: busta on February 12, 2014, 09:19:40 pm
Birdman & Mack...so we reunite!  I saw 4shizzle the other day and was asking about you!  Never too old to learn something new huh?

Been a while.  Those were some good days, back in the day.  If it wasn't for fishin' filling the void of watching Maddie play,,,,, I don't know what I'd do.  She finally graduates in May after doing her practice teaching. 

Do you think ole Beave has issues?  I'm not sure if he needs psych help or a closer walk with the Lord.  Heck,,, we all need a closer walk with the Lord!

birdman1981

Watz up Busta. Tell 4shizzle he's been sorely missed.

Lionheart88

Quote from: beaverpride on February 13, 2014, 09:04:43 am
7th grade world series champs!!!!!!!  pay 300 to enter tournament and take that trophy baby!!!

Sounds like it'd be right up Watson Chapel's alley.

busta

February 13, 2014, 08:27:49 pm #45 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:31:44 pm by busta
Who was the 'Ole Chap that got all bent out of shape every time someone posted about 8's, 10's, 12u on this post?  I figured he would be the one that would go ballistic over Jr High.   As for Beaver...well I don't know brother...been gone for a very long time from this forum so I guess I will just have to say the jury is still out!  I'm going to be in Little rock Saturday...might catch up with you guys!  ;D

Hey Mack....as for the good ole days....yea they were fun!  I kind of miss it.   Tell DD hello!  BTW you came up in conversation at church two weeks ago Wednesday.   A few of our ladies were talking about pot belly pigs!  I pulled up a picture and showed them yours!   After all these years...I won't forget your darling wife bringing that crazy pig to Olathe, KS to a tournament....or was it Plano, TX?   Anyway.....good times my friends good times!

Sweet

Which is it BP? Got cut or cant afford the travel?

beaverpride

no sweet...never played that poontang game...and didnt grow up a rich spoiled brat like yall are doing with all this travel ball fall ball summer ball and spring ball...when do the kids get to be kids???quit living your life through them and making them miserable...but yes u did affirm it is pay to play!!! Yall going to that southeast regional .com first state bank 2 team invitational world series?? maybe you can come home with that trophy baby!!!!! you would pee your panties if ever in a conflict

mack

Quote from: Sweet on February 15, 2014, 09:34:37 pm
Which is it BP? Got cut or cant afford the travel?

Sweet, we're wasting our time here.  Old Beev is a very unhappy person.  I could wax all Freud-ian and tell you how he/ she exhibits all the classic signs of a patient displacing all his/her childhood anxieties on their analyst[that would be all us right thinking softball fans].  An unhappy childhood, a mundane adolesence all manifesting itself in attacks on a sport that we know builds character, confidence and a hard work ethic in our girls.  Sad, but I think I could help him/her,,,,, for a nominal fee of course.  You see, I need to make my annual donation to our high school softball program.........

Dr. Defense

BP is probably sad because as a boy they would not let him play softball

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas