• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Wrestling Thread

Started by VHSCoach2, January 29, 2016, 11:06:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

November 15, 2017, 06:50:23 pm #400 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:58:14 pm by 1-Adam-12
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 15, 2017, 06:19:34 pm
WWE released James Ellsworth today.

Truly the end of an era.

Carmella wins!  ;D

Seriously, he took what was given him and did the best he could. Went from a jobber to winning a match against AJ Styles, and being on multiple PPVs both on that storyline and Carmella's.

VHSCoach2

Well, what a weekend it was in Houston!  As per usual, the NXT crew upstaged the WWE crew.  Experiencing a WarGames Match in person was awesome, and Survivor Series became the third of the "Big Four" events that I've attended live (just missing SummerSlam now).

In terms of enjoyment for me for TakeOver: WarGames:
1) Aleister Black vs. The Velveteen Dream
2) WarGames
3) Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Drew McIntyre
4) Ember Moon vs. Kairi Sane vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce
5) Lars Sullivan vs. Kassius Ohno

And for Survivor Series:
1) The Usos vs. The Bar
2) Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles
3) The Shield vs. The New Day
4) Charlotte Flair vs. Alexa Bliss
5) Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn vs. Breezango
6) Men's Survivor Series Elimination Match
7) Baron Corbin vs. The Miz
8. Women's Survivor Series Elimination Match
9) Elias vs. Matt Hardy
10) Enzo Amore vs. Kalisto

1-Adam-12

Wow. Glad you were able to enjoy them live.  I kept up with it online through Twitter and B/R.

I've never seen an Usos match.  I will look at a few of them in the coming days. Sounds like it would be worth my while.

Heard the WarGames match was insane.  And from what most are saying, two new NXT stars were born in Black and Dream. 

I would have preferred Peyton Royce win the women's championship but Ember Moon, from what I've seen, is amazing and probably deserved it.

1-Adam-12

Now I'm going to have to wrap my head around what (I read) happened on Raw. (Had basketball tonight.)

Reigns IC champ.  Paige back, with a lot of help.  And apparently a face turn by Alexa.

Paige and her cronies sure didn't help the fortunes of the ones in the Fatal 4-way tonight.  With the Raw women's division now very crowded, there may be a move to send Banks and Bayley to SD Live to reunite the 4 Horsewomen. 

1-Adam-12

Or....maybe not. 

SD copycatted the Paige thing by calling up three NXT women, one of whom I'd never heard of.

VHSCoach2

Paige, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan, and Sarah Logan have returned/been added to the women's roster over the past two night.  There was a rumor of two things being added for the women in 2018: a Royal Rumble Match and Raw/Smackdown Women's Tag Team Championships.  With these returns/new additions, both of those seem more likely than ever.

1-Adam-12

November 22, 2017, 12:17:11 pm #406 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:22:29 pm by 1-Adam-12
Out of all the NXT callups Liv Morgan was the one I had heard the most about. The Logan girl, I had not heard of before.

They must have something big in mind for Peyton Royce and Billie Kay if they did not call them up from NXT at this point.

1-Adam-12

So now these two women's groups have names. 

The Raw group (Paige, Rose and Deville) are called Absolution. 

The SmackDown group (Riott, Morgan and Logan) are Riott Squad.  (They added a second T to Ruby Riott's name.)

Wonder why Natalya abandoned Charlotte and Naomi during that tag match against Riott Squad.

1-Adam-12

I just have to say this...

After the Enzo Amore/Nia Jax promo on Raw last Monday, I half expected Ron Simmons to make an appearance and utter his trademark line.

VHSCoach2

Rich Swann has been indefinitely suspended by WWE after being arrested around midnight. Reports are saying Swann was booked on charges of kidnapping, false imprisonment, and battery when things got heated between he and his wife.

1-Adam-12

December 10, 2017, 08:15:11 pm #410 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 08:32:42 pm by 1-Adam-12
Wow.  And he was to battle Drew Gulak tomorrow on Raw for a shot at Enzo Amore's title. I guess Gulak automatically gets the shot now.

That was simply not very smart.

1-Adam-12

Wrong.  A second chance Fatal 4-way which was won by Cedric Alexander.

VHSCoach2

If you don't have the WWE Network (why wouldn't you?) and are not a follower of NXT, tonight is your lucky night. NXT will be airing on the USA Network at 6 PM. Check it out. It's arguably the best of the three weekly shows that WWE puts on.

1-Adam-12

December 13, 2017, 04:48:20 pm #413 Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:27:19 pm by 1-Adam-12
WWE has also announced a mixed tag team challenge with 6 teams each from Raw and SD Live, with the winners getting $100,000 for charity.

The pairings have not been announced yet, just the available wrestlers.  After looking at them, here's how I'd pair them.

Raw:  Alexa Bliss/Braun Strowman; Sasha Banks/The Miz; Bayley/Finn Balor; Alicia Fox/??? ; Nia Jax/Enzo Amore; Asuka/Goldust.

SD Live: Bobby Roode/Charlotte Flair; Sami Zayn/Becky Lynch; Jimmy Uso/Naomi; New Day member/Carmella; Shinsuke/Natalya; Rusev/Lana.

Of course there are a lot of other pairings that would be intriguing, such as Zayn/Natalya, Alexa/Miz, Banks/Amore or Jax/Braun.

AMENDED:  The sixth male Raw competitor will be decided by a fan vote, as will which New Day member will be participating.

VHSCoach2

For the Mixed Tag Team Tournament, here are my predictions for the teams:

Raw:
Miz/Alexa
Goldust/Alicia
Strowman/Asuka (winners)
Balor/Bayley
Amore/Nia
Raw Vote Getter (Joe/Jordan/Elias)/Sasha

Smackdown:
Nakamura/Becky
Zayn/Carmella
Roode/Charlotte
Rusev/Lana
Jimmy/Naomi
New Day Member/Natalya

1-Adam-12

Sad they have to cram all of this into 55 minutes, apparently cutting out Ember Moon/Peyton Royce.

Too many commercials but even so this has been the best show of the three on USA this week.  By far.

Very high quality.  Even the two squash matches gave the underdogs a chance to show off some offense.  That move by Fabian Aichner on Almas was insane. 

Black vs. Cole was just WOW.  It looks like the wrestlers get to express themselves more here than on the main roster.

Impressed.  May have to break down and make that investment.

VHSCoach2

The Ember Moon/Peyton Royce match that you mentioned is still included on the version of tonight's NXT that was shown on the WWE Network. From what I have seen on Twitter, it was a pretty good match. I'll have to check it out later tonight (I also have to finish 205 Live from last night; I fell asleep...)

VHSCoach2

Went to the NXT house show at the Metroplex tonight. It was the most fun I've had at a show in a long time (other than the obnoxious guys who kept calling everyone by their indie names).

Results:
Heavy Machinery defeated Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake
Aliyah defeated Vanessa Borne
Brennan Williams defeated Kona Reeves
NXT Tag Team Championship Match: Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly defeated The Street Profits
Aleister Black defeated Buddy Murphy (Match of the Night)
NXT Women's Championship Match: Ember Moon defeated Bianca Belair
Kassius Ohno defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas
NXT Championship Match: Andrade "Cien" Almas defeated Kassius Ohno

VHSCoach2

Clash of Champions has come and gone, and now we are officially on the Road to WrestleMania.  Before that, however, here is my order of enjoyment for the matches at Clash of Champions:

1. The Usos vs. The New Day vs. Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable vs. Rusev and Aiden English
2. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn vs. Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura
3. AJ Styles vs. Jinder Mahal
4. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin vs. Bobby Roode
5. Mojo Rawley vs. Zack Ryder
6. The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Breezango
7. Charlotte Flair vs. Natalya

BIGGOAT60

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 17, 2017, 09:54:00 pm
Clash of Champions has come and gone, and now we are officially on the Road to WrestleMania.  Before that, however, here is my order of enjoyment for the matches at Clash of Champions:

1. The Usos vs. The New Day vs. Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable vs. Rusev and Aiden English
2. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn vs. Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura
3. AJ Styles vs. Jinder Mahal
4. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin vs. Bobby Roode
5. Mojo Rawley vs. Zack Ryder
6. The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Breezango
7. Charlotte Flair vs. Natalya

Best match was the triple threat match then maybe the tag or styles match everything else was sorta hit and miss. The ko Sami match told a good story tho

1-Adam-12

The first ever Women's Royal Rumble match was announced tonight on Raw.  There will be 20 participants.

The Revival has returned.  And is Dean Ambrose out for a while?

1-Adam-12

Dean Ambrose will be on the shelf for a while with a torn triceps, he could even miss WM.

Just another reminder that while the shows are scripted, the injuries can be very real.

VHSCoach2

NXT put on another clinic last night with three very good to excellent matches. SAnitY vs. The Undisputed ERA for the NXT Tag Team Championship, Lars Sullivan vs. Roderick Strong in a #1 Contender's Qualifying Match, and Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate for the WWE United Kingdom Championship.

Perhaps the best episode of NXT all year, and that is saying something considering that there have been many great episodes of the show in 2017.

1-Adam-12

Ambrose will be out 9 months (!), and Jason Jordan stepped in and teamed with Seth to win the tag titles back from Sheamus & Cesaro. And then Jordan bragged that he was better than Ambrose.

VHSCoach2

Here is Matt Hardy's new entrance music, which he started using at the Raw house show last night:

1-Adam-12

Another injury.  This time, it's Paige. 

Appeared to hurt her shoulder or neck at a house show tonight in New York.

VHSCoach2

Paige is apparently okay, according to Dave Meltzer.

And wow! What a Fatal Four-Way main event on NXT last night. Johnny Gargano, Aleister Black, Killian Dain, and Lars Sullivan put on a clinic!

1-Adam-12

That's what I saw on Paige as well.  As a precaution she has been pulled from the rest of the house shows for this week.

She's not my favorite, far from it, but glad she'll be able to continue without missing much time. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas