• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Conference vs West Conference (1st round playoffs)

Started by Go Postal, March 01, 2015, 08:26:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Well boys and girls, playoffs are here...

Boys:
W1 Maumelle vs S4 White Hall
S1 Hot Springs vs W4 Clarksville
W2 Vilonia vs S3 Camden Fairview
S2 Watson Chapel vs W3 Morriton

Girls:
S1 Hot Springs vs W4 Greenbrier
W1 Farmington vs S4 Magnolia
S2 Hot Springs Lakeside vs W3 Vilonia
W2 Harrison vs S3 Watson Chapel

There was not a lot posted for the South Conference during this season.  So I'm not sure what they can bring to the table.  Without previous knowledge, I can't speak for them.  But I'm sure they have some great teams for this playoffs.

The West on the other hand has some great battles during conference play to get into the playoffs

The girls side had some great shooters and some games were very close and competitive with the Top 4 teams.  Though the Top 4 teams had a little of an advantage, They couldn't overlook the lower seeds.

The boys side all have great shooters and most games were very close and very competitive with all 8 teams.  There was not really any advantage between teams, higher seed to lower seed.  Probably one of the best conference seasons that I have seen.  Every game was like the first game on not knowing who would win.

But now, nonconference and conference season is over.  5A playoffs are starting once again.  May the best team win!

Comments and insights are welcomed on this South vs West first round...

Go Postal

Boys:

Girls:

Looking at above teams...
Congratulations to Hot Springs on boys/girls South Conference champs.
also to Vilonia and Watson Chapel boys/girls getting to the playoffs.

Marblehog

Girls teams really weak other than H.S.  In boys Chapel and H.S. tough.  Trojans could make title run and mostly juniors with one soph.  Chapel very quick with stud center.  White Hall no size but pretty quick.  Camden lots of length but plays soft at times, don't shoot it well. 

Coachbanks12

How good is the West girls? Do Hot Springs girls have a good chance to win it all? My opinion is bias but i would love to know more about the West girls

Forrest City H

all 4 West girls teams are really tough, and any of them could do very well in the tournament - it's a really good class of Seniors in the conference with players like Hopkins (Farmington), Tate (Harrison), McNespey (Vilonia), and Batterton (Greenbrier).

Go Postal

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on March 02, 2015, 04:15:49 pm
How good is the West girls? Do Hot Springs girls have a good chance to win it all? My opinion is bias but i would love to know more about the West girls
Quote from: Forrest City H on March 02, 2015, 10:13:08 pm
all 4 West girls teams are really tough, and any of them could do very well in the tournament - it's a really good class of Seniors in the conference with players like Hopkins (Farmington), Tate (Harrison), McNespey (Vilonia), and Batterton (Greenbrier).
Yes I agree with Forrest, but the West have had some great shooters not mentioned.  Not just Seniors, but also even Sophomores.  Will be interesting...

Ponca

Go Postal

March 02, 2015, 11:12:13 pm #7 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:14:31 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Ponca on March 02, 2015, 10:40:01 pm
West Boys sweep
West Girls go 3-1
Just curious, why not a West sweep?  Maybe that Hacker could give more info.  He has my phone number. ;)

Marblehog

Ponca are you crazy?  There is no way West boys sweep

scoutteamshoota

I say the boys are 2-2.  Hot Springs has a close game until they pull away in the 3rd......Chapel wins a close one.  Maumelle ROlls.  Vilonia wins a close one.  Camden has some bigs that will control the boards but Vilonia is well coached and their guards make smart decisions.  Couldnt tell you about the girls other than the West is loaded.  I say the West girls go 3-1 with Hot Springs rolling. 

Marblehog

Ponca

Marblehog

Quote from: Ponca on March 03, 2015, 08:11:19 pm
Quote from: Marblehog on March 03, 2015, 07:52:40 pm
South girls pretty weak

And West boys are strong. Lets make sure they never marry.
i thought west boys were down this year???

Go Postal

March 03, 2015, 10:58:21 pm #13 Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:06:29 pm by Go Postal
Girls FINAL
Farmington 45
Magnolia 26

Boys FINAL
Maumelle 89
White Hall 66

Boys:

Girls:

Two games done, six to go...

Ponca

Quote from: Marblehog on March 03, 2015, 10:29:54 pm
South girls pretty weak

West was strong considering state of 5a. 6 teams were worthy. Much like central. In my opinion the best player in 5a is not even in state (Korita from PA). I expect this to manifest itself when it's nothing but West and Central in 2nd round with perhaps 1 exception

Go Postal

Quote from: Ponca on March 03, 2015, 11:06:13 pm
Quote from: Marblehog on March 03, 2015, 10:29:54 pm
South girls pretty weak

West was strong considering state of 5a. 6 teams were worthy. Much like central. In my opinion the best player in 5a is not even in state (Korita from PA). I expect this to manifest itself when it's nothing but West and Central in 2nd round with perhaps 1 exception
Marble, don't believe everything that you hear.  But there are still six games to go.  We will see...
Ponca, just emphasizing your post.

Marblehog

Youngsta71701

Boys:

Girls:

Winners are underlined.

vtowneagles

After watching some game tape on Camden.. I'm predicting Vilonia to win by 15 points! They looked really bad from what I saw! I watched both games against Watson chapel

Ponca

I'll do the confidence points thing. 4 points on my 1st pick, then 3, then 2, then 1. You know the drill.

Boys:
W1 Maumelle over S4 White Hall
W2 Vilonia over S3 Camden Fairview
W4 Clarksville over S1 Hot Springs
W3 Morriton over S2 Watson Chapel

Girls:
W1 Farmington over S4 Magnolia
W2 Harrison over S3 Watson Chapel
W3 Vilonia over S2 Hot Springs Lakeside
S1 Hot Springs over W4 Greenbrier

Go Postal

March 04, 2015, 11:41:21 pm #20 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:42:54 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Ponca on March 04, 2015, 10:57:51 pm
I'll do the confidence points thing. 4 points on my 1st pick, then 3, then 2, then 1. You know the drill.

Boys:
W1 Maumelle over S4 White Hall
W2 Vilonia over S3 Camden Fairview
W4 Clarksville over S1 Hot Springs
W3 Morriton over S2 Watson Chapel

Girls:
W1 Farmington over S4 Magnolia
W2 Harrison over S3 Watson Chapel
W3 Vilonia over S2 Hot Springs Lakeside
S1 Hot Springs over W4 Greenbrier
Done and done, so I'm 8.

bballcraze

The best 1st round matchup is Hot Springs vs Greenbriar. Greenbriar is not a typical 4 seed. They would be at worse a 2 seed in any other conference. Hot Springs girls reached the semis last year with noone over 5'9". They have almost their whole team back from last year with a 5'11" post player and two freshmen guards that are really good that give them 9 player depth. One of their best players from last year that was being heavily recruited tore her ACL in July and came back in mid January. They've lost 4 games. A 12 point loss to Conway, CAC, and one point losses to Bryant and Pine Bluff both without two starters. This will be a very good game. I am a Lady Trojan fan and I know they are not taking Greenbriar lightly. They know how good they are. I just wish the weather would cooperate so this great game could be played!!! Everyone be safe traveling, whenever that may be!!!

Marblehog

I don't think those freshman guards will play much, if any

Coachbanks12

Those freshmen will play more then you think they both are very good if coach could have moved them up in beginning of season he would have. The post player is the key player that changes that team she rebounds and runs the floor 5a should be worried about Hot Springs you take them lightly you will get beat.

Marblehog

Both are very talented but not sure ready for playoff ball.  The one with the tall hair seems very smart and plays very good defense.  I could see her playing more

Vteagle

West Girls are salty!  It was a dog fight all year between the 4 West teams!  Should be interesting to see how the rest of 5A handles them.  Strong words but my own disclaimer is besides Sylvan Hils in the Central, Batesville in the East.....I haven't seen any other of the playoff teams that are in the state tournament.

Youngsta71701

March 06, 2015, 07:15:44 am #26 Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:25:06 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: vtowneagles on March 04, 2015, 08:57:57 pm
After watching some game tape on Camden.. I'm predicting Vilonia to win by 15 points! They looked really bad from what I saw! I watched both games against Watson chapel

Watson Chapel's athleticism will make a lot teams look bad. Although I will admit that our coach sucks! But we have the talent to beat anybody. Did you watch the film where we almost beat Hot Springs?

vtowneagles

Didn't have the hot springs film. I was not impressed with chapel either! It was quite an ugly game!

hotspringshog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 06, 2015, 07:15:44 am
Quote from: vtowneagles on March 04, 2015, 08:57:57 pm

Watson Chapel's athleticism will make a lot teams look bad. Although I will admit that our coach sucks! But we have the talent to beat anybody. Did you watch the film where we almost beat Hot Springs?

What about Watson Chapel at Hot Springs?  Did anyone watch the film on that one?

oldscribe

So why is everyone counting Camden Fairview out? This team had at least 4 starters back from last year's team, which I saw compete in the state tournament, and has some talent...

Go Postal

Quote from: oldscribe on March 06, 2015, 09:29:08 pm
So why is everyone counting Camden Fairview out? This team had at least 4 starters back from last year's team, which I saw compete in the state tournament, and has some talent...
Not counting out Camden Fairview, just seeing how they do against Vilonia.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: oldscribe on March 06, 2015, 09:29:08 pm

Probably because our coach sucks and doesn't know how to use this talent!

Marblehog

Camden is very long but not great bball players.  Haven't seen them in a while.  Surely no. 33 is starting by now

hotspringshog

hotspringshog

Quote from: Marblehog on March 05, 2015, 12:33:13 pm
Both are very talented but not sure ready for playoff ball.  The one with the tall hair seems very smart and plays very good defense.  I could see her playing more

Well both played big minutes yesterday and hit big baskets. 

Ponca

Quote from: hotspringshog on March 08, 2015, 09:07:11 am
West Boys sweep
West Girls go 3-1

Bye Clarksville
Bye Morrilton

Awe come on! No crow to eat here. If anything, I called it. 4 seed Clarksville played 1 seed Hot Springs to the buzzer and lost by a single point. And I was adamant that my Morrilton pick was shaky at best and the 3 seed lost to south 2 seed by 3 points. The West won convincingly in the other 2 games. So 4 measly points from a West sweep.

And I nailed Girls side. West 3-1 with Brier losing a close one.

hotspringshog

Quote from: Ponca on March 08, 2015, 10:16:52 am
Quote from: hotspringshog on March 08, 2015, 09:07:11 am
West Boys sweep
West Girls go 3-1

Bye Clarksville
Bye Morrilton

You said a sweep didn't you?  That sir is the definition of eating crow!

Hot Springs boys survived and advanced.  The only thing that matters in a tournament format. 

Hot Springs girls win with their best player sitting most of the game in foul trouble.  Two freshman played big minutes and hit big shots.  The Spa City is holding their own!

Awe come on! No crow to eat here. If anything, I called it. 4 seed Clarksville played 1 seed Hot Springs to the buzzer and lost by a single point. And I was adamant that my Morrilton pick was shaky at best and the 3 seed lost to south 2 seed by 3 points. The West won convincingly in the other 2 games. So 4 measly points from a West sweep.

And I nailed Girls side. West 3-1 with Brier losing a close one.

Marblehog

No poncho you called for a boys sweep.  You didn't call jack

Marblehog

Quote from: hotspringshog on March 08, 2015, 09:09:53 am
Quote from: Marblehog on March 05, 2015, 12:33:13 pm

Well both played big minutes yesterday and hit big baskets.
No wonder they almost got beat by a 4 seed. 

Coachbanks12

You said that like 4 seeds are not good any team can be beat any night no matter the seed. Really

scoutteamshoota

Hes an idiot.  There are plenty of idiots that do not understand basketball.

hotspringshog

So now a 4 seed is weak but you said the west would sweep.  How do they sweep without the 4 seed winning?

You ever watch the NCAA tourney?  Why do 2 seeds lose every year in the first round?  Its called single elimination...anything can happen.  Thats why the NBA plays best of 7.

jblackmon014

If my memory serves me correctly and I am young so it hasn't gone bad, in the State Tournament, which I played in last year,  the eventual Champions (1 seed Forrest City)  went to overtime with the 4 seed team Alma. Let that sink in.

hotspringshog

Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 08, 2015, 05:56:36 pm
If my memory serves me correctly and I am young so it hasn't gone bad, in the State Tournament, which I played in last year,  the eventual Champions (1 seed Forrest City)  went to overtime with the 4 seed team Alma. Let that sink in.

With Alma having nobody over 6 feet tall and Forrest City having Trey Thompson!

Some people have no clue about basketball.

Burks

The hardest game to win in the State Tourney is always the first game. Throw the seeds out, everybody is good.

jblackmon014

@HotSpringsHog they don't understand lol. I made an account just because I read the silliness they were talking about.

TROJANS18

Why can't people give Hot Springs a chance when they win

TROJANS18

Quote from: TROJANS18 on March 08, 2015, 06:47:18 pm
Why can't people give Hot Springs a chance when they win
all they been doing is their jobs and that's winning. So give credit...they doing a good job right. PROUD alum...Go Trojans

Burks

Troy was my pick to win the Boys 5A State back in November, when I in saw them in the Mills Tourney. They are still my pick, y'all got my respect.

AT

Quote from: hotspringshog on March 08, 2015, 06:00:19 pm
Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 08, 2015, 05:56:36 pm

With Alma having nobody over 6 feet tall and Forrest City having Trey Thompson!

Some people have no clue about basketball.

Haha I know what you're saying and completely agree with you but we definitely had guys above 6 feet.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas