• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Schedules are posted - but help needed from fans of each school! (Games missing!)

Started by sevenof400, February 28, 2015, 03:32:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Hello all,

Once again this year (with a great deal of assistance from many of you who I can never thank enough) I will be compiling and publishing the 5A soccer standings for all four conferences.  Please check out this thread and look for the links to the conference(s) your teams play in.

Unlike previous years, I will have the links to all conferences in the OP of this thread

As of today (February 28, 2015), the links to the schedules and standings for the West and East, Boys and Girls have been posted.  I will be working on the Central and South here in a bit. 

What I am asking from the fans of each school is this: please check the schedule for your team and make sure I have all of your team's conference games listed correctly!

Please reply to this posting with any schedule corrections, deletions, or modifications which may be needed.

Thanks again to all who help make this possible and perhaps we'll see you on the pitch this spring!

Lionheart88

White Hall's conference schedule:
03/13 @ Hope
03/17 vs Hot Springs
03/31 vs Lakeside
04/10 @ DeQueen
04/14 @ Hot Springs
04/17 vs Hope
04/21 @ Lakeside
05/08 vs DeQueen

sevenof400

Thanks Lionheart - I am working on the boys south right now.   The link to that is posted in the sticked thread - please have a look when you can....

hst

5A South
Hot Springs Conference Schedule
3/17 @ White Hall
4/2 @ DeQueen
4/7 @ Lakeside
4/10 Hope
4/14 White Hall
4/28 Lakeside
5/1 DeQueen
5/8 @ Hope

Games vs Lakeside there first, then at Hot Springs on the second date due to Track conflict.

Go Postal

Being a graduate from Mtn Home (class of '75) and a definitely a Goblin/Lady Goblin fan, I would like to see if some team can beat Harrison or a private team on the Ladies side and someone to beat Greenbrier, Harrison, some South Conference teams or a private school on the Guys side.  Oh, Harrison has their boys/girls nemesis once again in the same conference.  Nothing against any team, but looking at past championships and confernce in in previous boy/girls games, I come up with this...
Girls:
Harrison or some Private school.
Boys:
West/South or some Private school.
This is my first perspective on the 5A soccer season. Make me wrong.
Good Luck to ALL teams this season.

mijally

I think Maumelle will be a good addition for the West and having played in the same conference as Valley View the past 2 years they will be a good addition to the East and 5a overall.

ARSoccer25

On the boys side, Dequeen has to be the favorite . Should be loaded again this year. Helps to have the best player in 5a arguably with Estiven Garcia.

Go Postal

Quote from: ARSoccer25 on March 02, 2015, 09:22:07 am
On the boys side, Dequeen has to be the favorite . Should be loaded again this year. Helps to have the best player in 5a arguably with Estiven Garcia.
I have to agree with you.  The first year that DeQueen was in the 5A: they were a 4-peat State Champion in the 4A, I believe that they went undefeated in the 5A South in that first year, they played and lost to Harrison by one goal in the semis, probably the best, most physical and very fast paced game that I have ever saw.  That includes not only high school soccer, but also MLS and World Cup.  Fantastic team, I thought to myself, "Holy C**p!  This is a team to watch and I think that the 4A conference were glad they moved up".  That year, Harrison lost by one goal to LRCA in the finals.
Second year:  I believe they went undefeated again in the South.  Then in the semis, the South conference had three teams (I believe that this is the 1st time ever), Lakeside vs HS, DeQueen vs Harrison.  DeQueen beat Harrison 4-0.  They beat Lakeside 4-1 in the finals.  Like I said earlier, fantastic team.

Quote from: mijally on March 01, 2015, 10:30:43 pm
I think Maumelle will be a good addition for the West and having played in the same conference as Valley View the past 2 years they will be a good addition to the East and 5a overall.
I think you're right also...
On the girls side last year:
Maumelle and Valley View both went to the 4A finals with Valley View pulling the win.
On the boys side last year:
Maumelle lost to one of our local teams, Berryville in the quarterfinals.  Berryville lost to CAC in semis.  Valley View lost to one of our local teams, Green Forest in the semis.  Green Forest beat CAC in the finals.

From a West perspective with the addition of Maumelle, LRCA and Vilonia...
(Side note:  5A Harrison boys/girls are tied for 1st place in overall State Championships with 6A Searcy boys/girls with 10 rings.  5A PA boys/girls are knocking on the door with 9 rings.  7A Bentonville boys/girls are next with 8 rings.  Just putting that out for perspective and with no bias or offense to any team, just stating records).

On the Girls side:
LRCA, our old nemesis is back once again.  They, Shiloh, PA and maybe Greenbrier are the only teams that have given Harrison grief in the past.  Maumelle should be a great addition to the West.  Always watch out for Greenbrier.

On the Boys side and a warning to Maumelle:
LRCA, our old nemesis is back once again.  They, plus some teams from the South have given Harrison grief in the past in the conference (when they were here last and in the playoffs).
Greenbrier, won the last two West Conference Champs.  Great team, but couldn't get past LRCA in the semis two years ago and Lakeside in the quarterfinals last year.
Vilonia, won the last two East Conference Champs.  Great up and coming team.  Nice that they are back in the West like other sports.  They lost to Harrison and Hot Springs in the last two playoffs.  Don't overlook them.  Shoot, don't overlook Morrilton or any other West team. ;)  Maumelle should be a great addition to the West.

Girls SHoccer

Alterations to 5A Central Boys conference schedule:

3/17  Add Sylvan Hills @ Mills
3/31  Add Jacksonville @ Sylvan Hills
4/9   Add Jacksonville @ Mills
4/9  Move Sylvan Hills @ Beebe to 4/6
4/16  Add Mills @ Sylvan Hills
4/23  Add Sylvan Hills @ Jacksonville
5/5  Add Mills @ Jacksonville
5/5  Add McClellan @ North Pulaski

Alterations to 5A Central girls conference schedule:

3/17  Add Sylvan Hills @ Mills
4/9  Move Sylvan Hills @ Beebe to 4/6
4/9  Add Jacksonville @ Mills
4/9  Remove LR Fair @ Pulaski Academy (Fair has no girls team)
4/16  Add Mills @ Sylvan Hills
4/16  Remove McClellan @ North Pulaski (McClellan has no girls team)
4/23  Add Sylvan Hills @ Jacksonville
5/5  Add Mills @ Jacksonville

This should complete the 5A Central conference schedule, barring reschedulings.

sevenof400

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas