• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Top 10 3A

Started by tiger2016, December 23, 2014, 01:50:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Paperman on December 23, 2014, 04:40:50 pm
I am not sure about this one. Charleston was really good, but offensively the quarterback was the whole show. Nice receivers, but Storey made them look good. How good will the Tigers offense be next year? I think Osceola has the talent to crack the top eight and stay there if everyone returns. No one else in 3A-3 has that chance, Hoxie loses so much. I'll give Charleston the top spot for now because they are the defending champs, but only for that reason.
1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. Prescott
5. Osceola
6. Mayflower
7. McGehee
8. Lamar
9. Harding Academy
10. ECS

My best guess for now!
Charleston was about a lot more than just Ty the last two years.  I think he was the difference maker against the really good teams though during the last two years.  Chucktown might have lost 3 or 4 games w/o him during the last two years.  But they had him...   But to win the state championship, you have to have a lot of real good players because other teams at the top do.  Its not easy to win state.  You can have a great team and not do it, or even get to the game.  I can see Charleston as a top 5 or 6 team next year which would be very respectable.  People who think they are going to be the best should remember that Charleston usually isn't the best, in fact they hardly ever are (no team is).  They have won 5 or 6 state championships in their history, and it took everything to do it with the group they had this year.  Osceola is a weird team who, recently, can beat a top ten 5A team by 17 and then scrape by a middle 3A team the next week.  I don't think anybody in 3A will look forward to playing them though.  My preseason poll will be coming soon.  It seems more wide open next year than in a good while.  That is what Skipper Say.

DeeGee

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 25, 2014, 01:00:57 am
I am not sure about this one. Charleston was really good, but offensively the quarterback was the whole show. Nice receivers, but Storey made them look good. How good will the Tigers offense be next year? I think Osceola has the talent to crack the top eight and stay there if everyone returns. No one else in 3A-3 has that chance, Hoxie loses so much. I'll give Charleston the top spot for now because they are the defending champs, but only for that reason.
1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. Prescott
5. Osceola
6. Mayflower
7. McGehee
8. Lamar
9. Harding Academy
10. ECS

My best guess for now!
Charleston was about a lot more than just Ty the last two years.  I think he was the difference maker against the really good teams though during the last two years.  Chucktown might have lost 3 or 4 games w/o him during the last two years.  But they had him...   But to win the state championship, you have to have a lot of real good players because other teams at the top do.  Its not easy to win state.  You can have a great team and not do it, or even get to the game.  I can see Charleston as a top 5 or 6 team next year which would be very respectable.  People who think they are going to be the best should remember that Charleston usually isn't the best, in fact they hardly ever are (no team is).  They have won 5 or 6 state championships in their history, and it took everything to do it with the group they had this year.  Osceola is a weird team who, recently, can beat a top ten 5A team by 17 and then scrape by a middle 3A team the next week.  I don't think anybody in 3A will look forward to playing them though.  My preseason poll will be coming soon.  It seems more wide open next year than in a good while.  That is what Skipper Say.

I agree, but don't think Charleston would have won state this year if not for Ty. He was the difference maker in the second half of that game. Smackover pretty much shut down a lot of Charleston's   playmakers in that game, including Ty at times.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 25, 2014, 08:20:16 am
1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. Prescott
5. Osceola
6. Mayflower
7. McGehee
8. Lamar
9. Harding Academy
10. ECS

My best guess for now!

I agree, but don't think Charleston would have won state this year if not for Ty. He was the difference maker in the second half of that game. Smackover pretty much shut down a lot of Charleston's   playmakers in that game, including Ty at times.

Storey didn't run or throw the ball on 6 of Charleston's offensive plays....an astounding 92.5% of their plays was on his shoulders...

Skip Baymore

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 25, 2014, 08:20:16 am
1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. Prescott
5. Osceola
6. Mayflower
7. McGehee
8. Lamar
9. Harding Academy
10. ECS

My best guess for now!

Me either Dee.  That was one of the 3 or 4 I don't think they would have won without him.  In fact, I almost don't see how they could have beaten Smackover that night without him.

WPWells

Besides Booneville and Smackover (obviously), what were the others that Charleston wouldn't have won without Storey?

macadoshis

I don't think they would have beat Lamar without Ty.  Not that night. 

Hootie

Charleston better be glad they don't play Drew Central this upcoming year.

Clara Allen

Quote from: macadoshis on December 29, 2014, 08:49:12 am
I don't think they would have beat Lamar without Ty.  Not that night.

I'm glad you said that before I did.  I agree.  The Warriors were on a mission that night

Lineman

And I would be a millionaire if I would have picked the correct powerball numbers.

HorseFeathers

HF's bold prediction for 2015 is....Charleston doesn't win their conference for the first time in seemingly forever(I know there was that one year that Mansfield won it)...

Wolfpack68

Will Smackover play JC again?

HorseFeathers

Wolfpack68

I think Smackover somehow beats JC in 2015.I maybe wrong but they're gonna have a better chance than they did this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 29, 2014, 11:00:38 pm
I think Smackover somehow beats JC in 2015.I maybe wrong but they're gonna have a better chance than they did this year.

Junction City Loses a lot from this years team...Might be their most inexperienced team in the last 5 years or so....But then again a lot of those kids got to play in a lot of games, so who knows?

Sick Dog

Agree. JC will be down or I should say not as loaded as this year and yes Smackover will beat them next year. Well they should, I will leave it at that

Wolfpack68

December 29, 2014, 11:39:11 pm #65 Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:05:05 am by Wolfpack68
But they always seem to be loaded. I agree they won't have a better team than this year, but theyre gonna have some players.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 23, 2014, 08:59:22 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 23, 2014, 05:32:08 pm
You're way underrating a team that's won 29 straight
The guys that won those 29 straight are gone.  You guys aren't winning it next year.  Conference maybe, but state no.....But until then bask in the glory!!  I know I would!  Lol Y'all have earned it!!
I agree with everything you've said.  And I admire your objectivity with your polls.  You are definitely one of the most objective posters on here.  Oh, and by the way.  HOW ABOUT THEM HOGS!  Yes, the team who went 2 and 6 in the SEC, made Texas look pretty bad.

snoopy22

Hogs looked pretty good.  I'm on board, nobody loves them anymore than I do.  They are on the right track and will be tough next year, but it could have came a lot sooner for me.  I'll take it when we get it though and I hope we are in the hunt next year.  Nobody was shocked though, Texas is real bad.  I expected an easy win.

Arkguy870

Smackover, Camden Harmony Grove, and Fordyce will top that conference. Smackover has kids returning, just not sure about their qb spot. CHG will be deeper this year in depth with 10 returning starters on offense. Fordyce is returning a couple of good kids too.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Arkguy870 on January 09, 2015, 11:44:21 am
Smackover, Camden Harmony Grove, and Fordyce will top that conference. Smackover has kids returning, just not sure about their qb spot. CHG will be deeper this year in depth with 10 returning starters on offense. Fordyce is returning a couple of good kids too.
ever heard of mcgehee?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Oldman on January 09, 2015, 01:21:47 pm
ever heard of mcgehee?

Who is this mcgehee you speak of?

HSFBF

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 23, 2014, 05:24:20 pm
2015 Preseason Ranking

1.  Prescott
2.  McGehee
3.  Smackover
4.  Osceola
5.  Fordyce
6.  Booneville
7.  Charleston
8.  Harding Academy
9.  Centerpoint
10.  Lamar
11.  Benton Harmony Grove
12.  Glen Rose
13.  Bald Knob
14.  Episcopal Collegiate
15.  Barton
16.  Camden Harmony Grove
Good assessment, Snoopy.... for now.. Wait til August and give us an update.. ;)

Arkguy870

1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Booneville
4. Charleston
5. ECS
6. Harding Academy
7. Camden Harmony Grove
8. Lamar
9. Osceola
10. Fordyce

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Arkguy870 on January 14, 2015, 11:42:19 am
1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Booneville
4. Charleston
5. ECS
6. Harding Academy
7. Camden Harmony Grove
8. Lamar
9. Osceola
10. Fordyce
still don't know who mcgehee is?

Hootie

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 09, 2015, 01:25:43 pm
ever heard of mcgehee?

Who is this mcgehee you speak of?

McGehee consolidated with Dumas a few years ago.

Jalkuranis

Quote from: HF on December 29, 2014, 10:24:00 pm
HF's bold prediction for 2015 is....Charleston doesn't win their conference for the first time in seemingly forever(I know there was that one year that Mansfield won it)...

If only Mansfield could contend like they did that year! Would make this conference even more interesting.

ARTexan

Snoopy, where do you rank Fouke?

Wolfpack68

Well I'm not Snoopy, but he would say something like they lost Edwardes so.....

ARTexan

They still have a few backs, who else did they lose?

Wolfpack68

Quote from: ARTexan on February 15, 2015, 05:53:46 pm
They still have a few backs, who else did they lose?
I think their QB and some lineman and maybe a few more skill. Don't know how much because we didn't play them this year.

ARTexan

QB was a 10th grader, started last 6 regular season games, and two playoff games. Lost Edwards and the center on offence, lost 3 seniors on defense.

adaptedtigerfan

Fouke will be mid pack 3A team...   6 wins @ most.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: ARTexan on February 16, 2015, 12:55:01 pm
QB was a 10th grader, started last 6 regular season games, and two playoff games. Lost Edwards and the center on offence, lost 3 seniors on defense.
I said I think

Hootie

ever heard of mcgehee?

Over a month later and he's still trying to figure out who McGehee is.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 24, 2014, 01:51:11 pm
Good size. I'm talking guys the size of Brant. All of your guys were basically 260+. That's what I saw the title game.

true, but they were 230 and  240 as juniors.....we finally have a weight program  these days.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on February 16, 2015, 01:03:54 pm

I can help you out.

6-3 CONF

1-SMACKOVER
2-MCGEHEE
3-FORDYCE
4-CHG
5-FOUKE
6-DON'T MATTER

OVERALL STATE
1-SMACKOVER
2-DONT MATTER

KOJACK

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on February 28, 2015, 06:29:59 pm

I can help you out.

6-3 CONF

1-SMACKOVER
2-MCGEHEE
3-FORDYCE
4-CHG
5-FOUKE
6-DON'T MATTER

OVERALL STATE
1-SMACKOVER
2-DONT MATTER
lol... The Smucks are starting early to set themselves up for disappointment. You don't just replace the guys y'all lost that easy. It personally wouldn't surprise me a bit if you guys were the 2 seed for the 6-3  ;D

AmSycho

Wasn't it about 3 years ago now that the jr high at Smackover won the world championship? They should be pretty fiesty this year. I heard the New England Patriots won't return their phone calls reguarding a friendly preseason scrimmage. They should get ahold of Jerry and set something up with the Cowboys. I don't know if that will hapen since the Bucks have won a world championship since the last time the Cowboys even got close to playing for one. 8)

RabidWolf

To think that Smackover will be just as good as this year is ridiculous. You don't lose that much talent and not take any steps back. They will still be a very good team. Especially by the time the playoffs roll around. But you have to expect some early struggles in some form.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on February 28, 2015, 06:29:59 pm

I can help you out.

6-3 CONF

1-SMACKOVER
2-MCGEHEE
3-FORDYCE
4-CHG
5-FOUKE
6-DON'T MATTER

OVERALL STATE
1-SMACKOVER
2-DONT MATTER

Interesting coming from a Buck fan.  This implies that Smackover didn't matter last year since they weren't number 1.  I guess one could argue this, but I thought they were pretty good.   Ah Oh.....

KOJACK

Buck fans are like that person in the office that isn't happy unless they are nagging  about something. Now that I think about it a lot like women  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AmSycho on March 02, 2015, 08:54:10 am
Wasn't it about 3 years ago now that the jr high at Smackover won the world championship? They should be pretty fiesty this year. I heard the New England Patriots won't return their phone calls reguarding a friendly preseason scrimmage. They should get ahold of Jerry and set something up with the Cowboys. I don't know if that will hapen since the Bucks have won a world championship since the last time the Cowboys even got close to playing for one. 8)
nope they got beat by mcgehee. they won the peewee world championship.

BUCK FEVER

lol.........I kinda figured i COULD WAKE YA"LL BACK UP.............bUT, YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT, THE bUCKS are done, finished, washed up, .........nothing coming back, really sad......oh well it was fun while it lasted.

C'MON BF ENOUGH OF THE PEEWEE PICS

I don't know fella's.........lookin pretty good to me.

KOJACK

Isn't this year y'alls last big chance? When the itty bitty's became men.

snoopy22

I prefer the pics of Grandma Fever personally....js ;)

BUCK FEVER

March 04, 2015, 08:28:13 am #95 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:30:57 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: RabidWolf on March 02, 2015, 03:28:17 pm
To think that Smackover will be just as good as this year is ridiculous. You don't lose that much talent and not take any steps back. They will still be a very good team. Especially by the time the playoffs roll around. But you have to expect some early struggles in some form.

People are basing way to much on last seasons O-LINE, , THEY WERE SOLID NO DOUBT, I'm confident we will have another  good O-line to support  an outstanding group of skilled players...........Defensively, the Bucks could/should be even stronger in 2015 with 90% coming back, scoring points will be at a premium for opponents in 2015.

the 2015 Buckaroos
will have more speed than 2014
will be more athlectic than 2014
will be more experienced defensively than 2014
will be stronger on special teams than 2014

Folks will have there hands full with these 2015 Buckaroos.

WPWells

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: snoopy22 on March 04, 2015, 08:22:30 am

that makes 2 of us.......... :)...............she has a magic potion she drinks daily......, she actually looks younger at 55 than she did at 45..............looked younger at 45 than she did at 35...............heck, I can't wait till 65.

KOJACK

I'm anxious to see who the trigger man is gonna be. You can be faster, stronger, more athletic, and better on defense, but if that trigger mane ain't replaced it could be trouble.

KOJACK

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on March 04, 2015, 08:48:49 am
Quote from: snoopy22 on March 04, 2015, 08:22:30 am

that makes 2 of us.......... :)...............she has a magic potion she drinks daily......, she actually looks younger at 55 than she did at 45..............looked younger at 45 than she did at 35...............heck, I can't wait till 65.
By then will you be able to do more than look??? ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas