• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big time QB recruit who father is a National champion winning coach

Started by The Zebra Successor, September 21, 2014, 03:04:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on November 12, 2014, 11:54:44 pm
U right CHS .. its not the same thing.. On that note.. I will say that maybe if the kid was interested in Arkansas it would be very hard for him to get support like his QB colleagues at the hill.. I felt a lot of scorn, bitterness, disrespect for our President and childish name calling off of this topic.. Which leaves me with a conclusion that

A. Yall clearly don't want the kid here at QB (which is understandable)..

B. Politics has alot to do with the position of starting QB here in Arkansas.. #politcalball

C. Talking truth about the problems i see in the football program.. Will bring the most ugly out of yal fans..

No hard feelings
PS .. We still 3 QB's short on the roster next year lol..

No offence, but if he was such a sure thing, SOMEBODY would have made an offer. There are a lot of schools up the east coast that play football.

ricepig

Someone thinks the "man" is keeping them down, lol. Arkansas offered Kyler Murray this year, unfortunately, he's going the aTm. I think you can figure out the race, since that seems to be the typical PB card to pull, of the QB's we offered last year.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Offers

The Zebra Successor

U can recruit Tim Tebow jr all i care if he can ball... he can ball... No matter what race he may be..

Hoghead

Regardless of race, Arkansas has over the years  has recruited some busters at QB. I'm sure we can all name a few of them.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoghead on November 13, 2014, 07:30:22 am
Regardless of race, Arkansas has over the years  has recruited some busters at QB. I'm sure we can all name a few of them.

True, no doubt, much like several other schools. Look at Bama and LSU, their QB's aren't any better than Allen, they just have better surrounding players.

Hoghead

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2014, 07:41:24 am

True, no doubt, much like several other schools. Look at Bama and LSU, their QB's aren't any better than Allen, they just have better surrounding players.

True, But Alabama's QB was a RB at one point. Allen couldn't crack the starting line up at LSU or Bama. The Hogs have over the years have brought in the likes of Pete Burks, Robert Reed and Robert Johnson....

The Zebra Successor

I resent the Robert Johnson remark he was thrown to the lions at USC..What did you expect him to do..

ricepig

Quote from: Hoghead on November 13, 2014, 07:54:56 am

True, But Alabama's QB was a RB at one point. Allen couldn't crack the starting line up at LSU or Bama. The Hogs have over the years have brought in the likes of Pete Burks, Robert Reed and Robert Johnson....

So was Auburn's(actually DB), if you think there is some "unwritten" policy to not start a black QB, then, unfortunately, I'm going to have to believe all the things AW and Valley say about you as being true.

The Zebra Successor

November 13, 2014, 08:40:59 am #58 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:42:53 am by The Zebra Successor
Every QB Arkansas has recruited is suspect in my eye.. Except maybe about 5 to 7 who could play anywhere in the country..Throughout the history of QB's at the school. .

The Zebra Successor

So was Auburn's(actually DB), if you think there is some "unwritten" policy to not start a black QB, then, unfortunately, I'm going to have to believe all the things AW and Valley say about you as being true.
[/quote]
And what would that be ? .. and So what !!! I wouldnt care what they think of me actually. ..
Do you know the difference between a Chump and a Chief. ?
A Chump says what he can say 🐩... (being political correct)(scared of what others think)( afraid of the consequences of what he says)
Oh !!! but a Cheif says what he wants and don't care what anyone says about it. . 👑
And fellas.. Thats what I think myself of as a Cheif. .. So go ahead throw insults.. It comes with the title. .. I actually expect it...

ricepig

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on November 13, 2014, 09:51:42 am
And what would that be ? .. and So what !!! I wouldnt care what they think of me actually. ..
A Chump says what he can say 🐩... (being political correct)(scared of what others think)( afraid of the consequences of what he says)
Oh !!! but a Cheif says what he wants and don't care what anyone says about it. . 👑
And fellas.. Thats what I think myself of as a Cheif. .. So go ahead throw insults.. It comes with the title. .. I actually expect it...
[/quote]

The remark wasn't addressed to you, but obviously you are what you are, doesn't make you right, just you.

The Zebra Successor

I remember Arkansas had a chief.. Well we all know how that played out.. It hasn't been the same since that particular chief left..

ricepig

You seem quick to deflect once you've been proven wrong, carry on. If you ever have any news concerning this recruit, feel free to post it, otherwise continue your, "woe is me" shtick.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on November 13, 2014, 09:51:42 am
[/quote]What is a Cheif?

Coach Venny Slocombe

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 13, 2014, 04:36:28 pm
Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2014, 04:19:58 pm
Maybe he's a chef?
Good point Rice, however the "i" is throwing me...lol...

If that's the only thing throwing you in his posts, you need to re-read them, lol.....

Hoghead

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2014, 08:35:19 am

I

I was saying all 3 were horrible Qbs. Thanks for stereotyping me and following Valley and AW's lead. Burkes, Reed & Johnson were horrible. I will admit I was afraid to list White Qbs who were horrible at Arkansas in fear of being banned.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoghead on November 13, 2014, 06:37:48 pm

I

I was saying all 3 were horrible Qbs. Thanks for stereotyping me and following Valley and AW's lead. Burkes, Reed & Johnson were horrible. I will admit I was afraid to list White Qbs who were horrible at Arkansas in fear of being banned.

Most of them, there I said it for you.

Hoghead

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2014, 07:15:58 pm

I

Nope, Bill Montgomery, Scott Bull,  Ron Calcagni, Kevin Scanlon, Brad Taylor, Clint Stoerner, & Ryan Mallett  were not scrubs. But I catch your drift.....

The Zebra Successor

Well i can be a chef when I entertain guests.. Yal want to come to the beautiful city of Pine Bluff.. Bring some money & I'll show u fellas some real southern hospitality.. 😉

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on November 13, 2014, 08:06:08 pm
Well i can be a chef when I entertain guests.. Yal want to come to the beautiful city of Pine Bluff.. Bring some money & I'll show u fellas some real southern hospitality.. 😉

Will that offer stand for a mens UAPB home basketball game? 🏀🏀🏀

ricepig

I've been there numerous times over 20 years, beautiful, depends where you are and which way the wind is blowing.......

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Hoghead on November 13, 2014, 08:03:20 pm

I

Nope, Bill Montgomery, Scott Bull,  Ron Calcagni, Kevin Scanlon, Brad Taylor, Clint Stoerner, & Ryan Mallett  were not scrubs. But I catch your drift.....
No love for Tyler Wilson?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2014, 08:11:58 pm

I've been there numerous times over 20 years, beautiful, depends where you are and which way the wind is blowing.......
Man, it really used to be beautiful...nowadays...not so much...if you are ever there though stop by the welfare office and visit ZD, he works there...

Hoghead

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 13, 2014, 08:23:17 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on November 13, 2014, 08:03:20 pm

I

No love for Tyler Wilson?
Tyler Wilson was good and Matt Jones. Bill Montgomery is still my favorite.

The Zebra Successor

My offer is still on the table only if there is a  Jefferson County sweep  apperances in state championship game with PB, D-way, Watson Chapel, white hall all in the playoffs this year.. Its always beautiful in PB this time of year.. Can't many counties say that all there local high school make it to the playoffs on a regular basis.
Best talent reside around these parts !!

WPWells

The Zebra Successor

Proably more athletes exposed more than us but not more talented.. I will blame it on the good air down here..(paper mills)

WPWells

The Zebra Successor

1 county vs a whole Arkansas region.. I would like your odds of winning as well..

WPWells

Coach Venny Slocombe

River Valley don't have better athletes, they do however have better coaches and are more disciplined...

Hoghead

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on November 14, 2014, 10:41:05 am
My offer is still on the table only if there is a  Jefferson County sweep  apperances in state championship game with PB, D-way, Watson Chapel, white hall all in the playoffs this year.. Its always beautiful in PB this time of year.. Can't many counties say that all there local high school make it to the playoffs on a regular basis.

Most counties in Arkansas only have 1 town that plays football. Then some that have no football.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: The Zebra Successor on November 12, 2014, 03:29:23 pm
What does these NFL quarterbacks have in common Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Tony Romo and Colin Kapernick..
Ill answer that question for you.. These NFL QB's was not heavily recruited in HS..
Meaning your post don't mean squat to me..
Because he is not heavily recruited...
Doesn't mean he's not a good talent.. It just means that for some reason or another schools looked over the recruit..

Are you the kid's mom?  I wasn't heavily recruited coming out of high school either.  Does that put me in their category?  You're complete obsession with some kid in a Connecticut prep school is bizarre. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Hoghead on November 14, 2014, 06:05:01 pm

Most counties in Arkansas only have 1 town that plays football. Then some that have no football.

Interesting comment.  Some of the lower populated counties still have 2 football schools; i.e. Pike (Mufreesboro & Centerpoint),Perry (Perryville & Bigelow).  Off the top of my head, I can think of Cleveland (Rison) and Lafayette (that consolidated school of Stamps and Lewisville) only have one football school.  The heaviest populated county I can think of with only one team is Columbia (Magnolia).  I'm sure I'm missing some here, but most of my familiarity is with lower part of the state.  What county has no football playing school?   Just curious

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 16, 2014, 05:25:11 pm

Interesting comment.  Some of the lower populated counties still have 2 football schools; i.e. Pike (Mufreesboro & Centerpoint),Perry (Perryville & Bigelow).  Off the top of my head, I can think of Cleveland (Rison) and Lafayette (that consolidated school of Stamps and Lewisville) only have one football school.  The heaviest populated county I can think of with only one team is Columbia (Magnolia).  I'm sure I'm missing some here, but most of my familiarity is with lower part of the state.  What county has no football playing school?   Just curious

Prairie, des arc and hazen, both in top 10 of 2A

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 16, 2014, 05:25:11 pm

Newton....Jasper, Mt Judea, Deer, and Western Grove play basketball but no football...Think Jasper might be the only one to play baseball and softball in the county as well...

The_Pioneer

That would be the only county I could think of.  They'd be lucky to have 10k residents.

OB11

Not sure on total population; but Mississippi County has 5 schools that play football.  Blytheville 5A, Gosnell 4A, Manila, Osceola, and Rivercrest all 3A. 

The Zebra Successor

[/quote]

Ok😒.. And.. so what  they cant be considered for being a  top talent County if there schools don't have a football program. .. Not our problem.. Tell them to get like us...

The Zebra Successor

Update on Ollie
He has a few offers from basketball on the D1 level and his Football offers are Yale and Georgetown..

WPWells

Arkansas basketball is now ranked higher than UConn. Still think we should hire Ollie?

SUGARTOWN

Let's not forget Tavaris Jackson, who Houston Nutt ran off, yet is good enough to be a backup/part time starter in the NFL for a number of years now.

And while I'm on the subject of players that Nutt ran off, how about Cowboys place kicker Dan Bailey? Not good enough the Hogs, but an All-American at Ok. State and now one of the best kickers in the league...

The Zebra Successor

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 02, 2014, 02:14:04 pm
Arkansas basketball is now ranked higher than UConn. Still think we should hire Ollie?
m
I thought I clarified that as of right now. I don't think MA needs to be replaced. . Basketball rankings to me are useless until after the conference championship. . So we can wait until NCAA tournament seeding to start the reminiscing of what I said before the season. .remember  I made a post about before Two a day champ before the 6a high school football  season .. Which i predicted that Pine Bluff will win the title 2 years in a row..Wait til Friday to see what I be saying is any truth or just more bias baloney ..

El Jefe

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 02, 2014, 02:50:24 pm

Let's not forget Tavaris Jackson, who Houston Nutt ran off, yet is good enough to be a backup/part time starter in the NFL for a number of years now.

And while I'm on the subject of players that Nutt ran off, how about Cowboys place kicker Dan Bailey? Not good enough the Hogs, but an All-American at Ok. State and now one of the best kickers in the league...
Jackson's baggage outweighed his talent imo.

The Zebra Successor

Jalen Ollie just signed his letter of intent to Fordham University

WPWells

Dang. The Hogs really missed out on this one. Sad he chose the prestigious program of Fordham over Arkansas

BrianfromCarlisle

WPWells

Kevin Ollie is doing a heck of a coaching job this season. His team will do so well in the NIT

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas