• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"HOMETOWN" umps?

Started by powerlifter90, June 16, 2008, 11:01:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

powerlifter90

Team A is playing at Team B. 
Team B's has their own umps (of course).
The ump in the field "just happens" to be the Dad of Team B's pitcher. 

tisk....... tisk .......tisk

does this BS happen everywhere?

lions#22

It happened at Texarkana earlier this year. The umpires didnt show up and the Texarkana coach asked a guy to call balls and strikes from behind the mound and it just so happened to be th starting pitchers dad. Made a big difference in how the game played out.

XFalkonz

What level was that at in Texarkana. Had to be the Junior or A ball because it wasnt the Sr legion team.

spoof1530

I was at the games that this post is about. The umpires were equally bad on both sides. Incorrect calls on balks, missed plays at second, and inconsistant calls on balls and strikes. If it were up to me, that crew would not call again.

As far as the games go. I thought I got more than my money's worth. Both games were very competitive, and both the Junior and Senior teams are very talented teams.

badgrbaceballdad

OK, I have to day this.  The 'Dad" was by far a better ump that the old man.  The only call I think the Dad missed was a pick off at first base.  He was more consistent behind the plate than the older fella.  I KNOW that the older fella blew TWO big calls that went Cabots way.  First was the Double play where everyone was safe, and the second was the balk!

With that being said, if you dont score runs you cant win, and  Jacksonville didnt score any runs in the 2nd game.  You are right spoof1530, good competitive games though.

Wahls

Quote from: BUGEATERS on June 16, 2008, 11:01:08 pm
Team A is playing at Team B. 
Team B's has their own umps (of course).
The ump in the field "just happens" to be the Dad of Team B's pitcher. 

tisk....... tisk .......tisk

does this BS happen everywhere?

It happens at DQ (DQ is team B) almost every game. But, it probably helps out the other team more, as the strikezone usually gets smaller as he expects more out of him. We had a summer ball coach that wouldn't pitch this kid when he was behind the plate if that tells you anything.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas