• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

farmington vs Gravette

Started by farmingtonbaseball, April 02, 2008, 09:04:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

McKnz

Quote from: McKnz on April 09, 2008, 10:29:13 am
I'm not sure of his name, but I'm pretty sure it was the same kid who was supposed to be a very good pitcher last season but was injured for much of the year.

Our coach said he was very solid.

They were 13-3 with wins over some larger programs in Oklahoma, and Fort Smith Northside.

hillbilly

I think his last name is Mikula, I could be wrong though.

Pioneerfan

I have read this board for some time now and thought I would share some thoughts and one funny story.  I think Farmington has a great team this.  I think they are very fortunate to have a deep pitching staff that keeps them from relying on one individual to carry them through the season.  I think the comments about their field over the past week have been unjustified.  I think they do a great job with the field they have to play on, and they keep it in great shape every year.  As for the funny story, my six year old son and I attended the Farmington game against Gentry.  After the game we saw one of the Farmington pitchers in the parking lot with his parents dancing around like a 3 year old.  Meanwhile, the rest of the team was loading onto their bus in an orderly fashion.  I guess my point is; if you're going to be winners, act like it on and off the field. 

CardsQB12

Quote from: Pioneerfan on April 09, 2008, 04:27:31 pm
As for the funny story, my six year old son and I attended the Farmington game against Gentry.  After the game we saw one of the Farmington pitchers in the parking lot with his parents dancing around like a 3 year old.  Meanwhile, the rest of the team was loading onto their bus in an orderly fashion.  I guess my point is; if you're going to be winners, act like it on and off the field. 

Oh come on... If it was one of the pitchers I can promise you they were not dancing around to gloat. If it's who I think it is then he was simply being a goof. Let them be kids.

imadork

Quote from: CardsQB12 on April 09, 2008, 06:50:15 pm
As for the funny story, my six year old son and I attended the Farmington game against Gentry.  After the game we saw one of the Farmington pitchers in the parking lot with his parents dancing around like a 3 year old.  Meanwhile, the rest of the team was loading onto their bus in an orderly fashion.  I guess my point is; if you're going to be winners, act like it on and off the field. 

Oh come on... If it was one of the pitchers I can promise you they were not dancing around to gloat. If it's who I think it is then he was simply being a goof. Let them be kids.
Why would anyone gloat after beating Gentry. Since this is your first post, what is your point? Are you really a Gentry Fan? Who was the pitcher? Be specific and someone will check out your story to confirm.

littlegogat

Quote from: imadork on April 09, 2008, 07:11:49 pm
Quote from: CardsQB12 on April 09, 2008, 06:50:15 pm

Why would anyone gloat after beating Gentry. Since this is your first post, what is your point? Are you really a Gentry Fan? Who was the pitcher? Be specific and someone will check out your story to confirm.
It is probably MoppinM or one of his derelicts.  I don't think the Farmington pitchers can dance. 

farmingtonbaseball

imadork

Farmington 10
Gravette     0

McKnz

That's OK. I have a feeling these two teams will meet again. Hopefully Gravette will make a better showing.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas