• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 2A baseball...McCrory...Des Arc.....Hazen....Clarendon...Carlise

Started by veteranhornet, March 01, 2007, 09:52:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

veteranhornet

Would like to hear reports on these teams.  What kind of talent?  Anything of interest about these teams.

chelsea

McCrory should be pretty solid this year.  They were ok last year... They have a good catcher with a great arm, but all he can do is bunt, they have a great pitcher, and a pretty solid infield and outfield. They should do pretty good this year.

beavercoach05

Quote from: MS25 on March 01, 2007, 10:31:27 pm
McCrory should be pretty solid this year.  They were ok last year... They have a good catcher with a great arm, but all he can do is bunt, they have a great pitcher, and a pretty solid infield and outfield. They should do pretty good this year.

Des Arc is a really good team again this year.

lionsfan81

Clarendon has its first game against DeWitt this week. They seem to be pretty good.

veteranhornet

Hazen has moved up to the 2A conference this year.  It's a new ballgame for them.  They had a strong team last year, but lost several seniors.  Playing double headers will be something different for them.  They've got some good talent on the team, with several strong seniors and juniors,  and a couple of pretty good sophomores adding to the team.

They play Clarendon this Friday night.

lions44

des arc isnt as tough as people think they are
england played them and lost 4-2 in which england should have won

green-eagle

Quote from: E-Town LIONS on March 04, 2007, 08:59:51 pm
des arc isnt as tough as people think they are
england played them and lost 4-2 in which england should have won

that's what they all say....when they play DA close.....

chelsea

R. A.™

biker_harley87

McCrory won Monday and Tuesday and that catcher hit a homerun.So much for bunting.His Brother hit a home run too.McCrory should be a solid team they will be able to win any game this year. Friday they play Des Arc ,double hitter. So see most of yall at the game in Des Arc. Pitching will be the key for McCrory.

baseballfan06

Has everybody forgotten about Parkers Chapel. They did ake it to the final four last year and all of these teams everyone is talking about probably didnt even make it to state

chelsea

green-eagle

Quote from: baseballfan06 on March 08, 2007, 03:00:17 pm
Has everybody forgotten about Parkers Chapel. They did ake it to the final four last year and all of these teams everyone is talking about probably didnt even make it to state

baseballfan06......the topic is Mccory...des Arc...august?....scrapper hornet of Hazen...clarendon...carlisle....not Parker Chapel.........yes PC did quite well, but we are not talking about them........ ::)

chase9999

conner8000

veteranhornet

Update......Hazen and Clarendon played a double header tonight in the rain, at Hazen.  Hazen lost to Clarendon in the first game 5 to 4.   Hazen came back in the second, and beat Clarendon 14 to 5.

noel_devine7

Quote from: green-eagle on March 09, 2007, 08:51:26 am

baseballfan06......the topic is Mccory...des Arc...august?....scrapper hornet of Hazen...clarendon...carlisle....not Parker Chapel.........yes PC did quite well, but we are not talking about them........ ::)

Too bad PC could beat any of those teams with out a doubt

veteranhornet

What was the scores on the McCrory vs. Des Arc games?  How about Carlisle?

green-eagle

Quote from: noel_devine7 on March 10, 2007, 03:20:27 pm

maybe one game out of three....yes you are right.....

noel_devine7

Quote from: green-eagle on March 11, 2007, 09:29:13 pm
Quote from: noel_devine7 on March 10, 2007, 03:20:27 pm

you're an idiot, i bet maybe one of those teams even made the playoffs last year

green-eagle

Quote from: noel_devine7 on March 12, 2007, 11:31:00 pm

[/quote]

you're an idiot, i bet maybe one of those teams even made the playoffs last year
[/quote]

what?......................UH?

chase9999

dont worry  green-eagle he dosent no notin about the 2a baseball round here

veteranhornet

Green Eagle.... How is the Des Arc team doing?  Do you know anything about how Carlisle's team?

veteranhornet

Carlisle vs. Hazen Friday night.  Hazen won the 1st. game 7-0.  Carlisle came back in the 2nd game, and won it 5-1. 

fbfan56

Hazen ought to be kicking butt since they ain't wasting time with off-season.

veteranhornet

I agree, footballfan.  Hazen has a good team.  They are all hitting, but seem to be having trouble with the double headers.  They win one, and loose one.  Hopefully they will get it together for regionals.

green-eagle

Quote from: veteranhornet on March 15, 2007, 02:41:32 pm
Green Eagle.... How is the Des Arc team doing?  Do you know anything about how Carlisle's team?

according to my local source...Des Arc is doing quite well...as always, a Dahl is involved....I look for the Eagles to make it back to the state tourney, but how deep I don't know.....I'm ashame that i don't follow Eagles' baseball as close as I once did when the "STEW" played.......I now have two boys of my own; that are finally waking up to the enjoyment of baseball, so my time is booked.........to answer your question about Carlisle's baseball......I only wished the high school team will play like their summer teams, but again summer baseball is totally different.....

Lions84

The Infidel

As of March 25 the Eagles were 12-1 and 6-0 in conference play.

veteranhornet

Lions84

CHSBISON77

Quote from: veteranhornet on April 06, 2007, 01:22:12 pm
What was the scores on the Des Arc vs. Carlisle games?

idk the scores but carlisle swept Des Arc and i believe there in first or tied but yea

GO BISON

veteranhornet

Congratulations on the wins Carlisle.  Hazen plays the Eagles next.  It should be a good game.

green-eagle

veteranhornet

Congratulations Eagles on the wins over Hazen.  Hazen didn't have a chance, since they had not practiced as a team in a week!  (excuses, excuses!).

Lions84

veteranhornet

fbfan56

Hazen didn't practice???  Maybe they FINALLY started off-season.

veteranhornet

No..... Haven't heard anything about off season.  Coaches just take one day at a time, I guess.  No, the rain actually hindered the practices last week.

lions44

congrats on des arcs win tonight
got some good power hitters
hope yall finish strong

lionsfan81

Congrats on a well fought win against Hazen, Lions! Let's give it everythign we've got against Des Arc today in the district tournament!

Go Clarendon Lions!

green-eagle

woodlawndad

Any word on the 6AA seedings for Regionals ??  I would also like to welcome all of you to Woodlawn for the tourny.  Good Luck & have a Safe Trip !!!!!!!!!!!

Go Bears

Lions84

lionsfan81

I know the Lions district looked like this:

Hazen vs. Lions 5-3

Des Arc vs. Lions  9-2

There is a game Saturday in Woodlawn for the Lions at 5:00 when they take on, well, Woodlawn haha. Best of luck to both teams! Great job on making it to Regionals!

Lions84

GO BIG RED

Hit the weights hard and have a safe summer. You had a great run Seniors!

mom18

Lions84 I don't think there were any seniors on the baseball team this year.

lionsfan81

You're right, mom18, we didn't. The team was fielded by a couple of juniors, but the rest were sophomores and freshmen. You guys keep your head up! We made it this far this season, next season it can only get better! State in '08!

Let's Go Lions!

bearpapa

Quote from: mom18 on April 29, 2007, 04:48:28 pm
Lions84 I don't think there were any seniors on the baseball team this year.

I think woodlawn started 4 Srs. against ya'll. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas