• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1 Lonoke vs. 4 Gosnell

Started by Ba5eBa11, May 05, 2014, 10:42:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ba5eBa11

Lonoke looks outstanding being undefeated in conference but they were beat by both Valley View (5-1) and Pocahontas (10-5). Gosnell beat Pocahontas (6-0) and split with Valley View

Baseball6728

I predict Gosnell over Lonoke 8-3, By far Gosenll has competed with everyone in 3-4a which is by far one of the toughest sides.

Ba5eBa11

I agree with you, it looks as if Lonoke has a weak conference.  Gosnell has Brookland and Valley View in their conference.

baseballcoach1

Gosnell is NOT a #4 seed by far as the seeding for 3-4 was based on conference standings and well,  3-4a is a split conf and Gosnell only had 3 losses but was 3rd in the west and Pocahontus was first in the East.  Lonoke will have a battle on their hands and if pokey beat them then I give my nod to Gosnell.  BUT, never judge a team by one game.  I have not seen Lonoke but have seen Gosnell and Pocahontus several times. 

baseballfan

I'd say Gosnell is the true #3 seed as well.  Brookland is the best and proved it all season.  Valley View is Valley View and Gosnell is a very solid squad especially with Camp on the mound.  Pocahontas was playing pretty well during the middle of the season and beat Lonoke in the Xtra Innings Classic but has struggled the past couple of weeks.  They led Nettleton going into the 5th last week before coming unglued and Valley View dominated them at the district.  If the middle of the season pokey shows up it could be a 4A-3 sweep. 

Ba5eBa11

Gosnell was 3rd in conference play on their side. Pocahontas was 1st on their side. Both gosnell and Pocahontas got beat in the semi finals(district tourney) so a 3sede and 4sede should've been determined based on record but I'm not sure how they figured that one up.

baseballfan

Quote from: Ba5eBa11 on May 05, 2014, 09:44:44 pm
Gosnell was 3rd in conference play on their side. Pocahontas was 1st on their side. Both gosnell and Pocahontas got beat in the semi finals(district tourney) so a 3sede and 4sede should've been determined based on record but I'm not sure how they figured that one up.

By seeding, just like any other tournament. 

ballislife101

I would have to say it might be a tuff battle, but if Gosnell plays there best, Lonoke will have a hard time playing with them. If Camp is on the mound they have a very good chance of winning!

GHS_08

Quote from: baseballfan on May 06, 2014, 09:19:42 am

What he means is Pocahontas won their side of the conference but had a 6-4 record. Gosnell was third on the other side but had a better record than Pocahontas at 7-3. They did not play a 3rd/4th place game in the district tourney. That was supposed to be determined by their conference record. So why did gosnell get the 4 seed in regionals and pokey the 3 seed.

horsepower1324

Quote from: GHS_08 on May 07, 2014, 09:11:27 am
Quote from: baseballfan on May 06, 2014, 09:19:42 am

What he means is Pocahontas won their side of the conference but had a 6-4 record. Gosnell was third on the other side but had a better record than Pocahontas at 7-3. They did not play a 3rd/4th place game in the district tourney. That was supposed to be determined by their conference record. So why did gosnell get the 4 seed in regionals and pokey the 3 seed.

Because they use an insane system for conference play? If it was decided by seeding, (which I think that's what some people are saying) then it's correct in Gosnell being the 4, but I'm not saying that it's right.

If one of the other threads is correct, then y'all won't have to deal with this kind of stuff anymore, but tough to tell seniors that kind of thing.

baseballcoach1

If Gosnell plays the kind of baseball they are capable of playing, they will over come it.  they have the talent.

Bearcat4life

Quote from: baseballcoach1 on May 07, 2014, 11:44:48 am
If Gosnell plays the kind of baseball they are capable of playing, they will over come it.  they have the talent.

I think Gosnell certainly has the ability to win the game.  I think Lonoke is the team that gets punished in all this.  They earned a number 1 seed with the right to play the 4th best team from the other side and that is not what they are getting.  Lonoke could loose the opportunity to go to state because the way the other conference is split.

cuckoobird

Pokey was given the 3 seed because they were the 1 seed in district tournament and Gosnell was a 3seed. 3rd and 4th place seeding is decided by whomever was seeded higher in district

Bearcat4life

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 07, 2014, 12:16:26 pm
Pokey was given the 3 seed because they were the 1 seed in district tournament and Gosnell was a 3seed. 3rd and 4th place seeding is decided by whomever was seeded higher in district

I know how it works.  What I am saying is it does not work well.  When a team can be ranked #1 with a conference record that is below that of a team that is ranked 3rd things need to be changed.  Thankfully, next year they will be changed.

PirateFan

All that had to be done was for Gosnell and Pokey play for the #3 seed. But like was said earlier we won't have this problem next year.

Baseball6728

Gosnell wins 6-5 Camp throws full game and moves on to Saturday to play the winner of Newport and valley view and state tournament next weekend.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas