• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4a baseball 2014

Started by TIGER101, November 11, 2013, 09:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pgfan2016

Plus Cameron is famous for not showing his ace to much to certain teams

pgfan2016

Talked to tiger101 tonight and asked him what he thought.  All he said is Lincoln was better than us tonight.  Surprised we haven't heard from him yet.

Oldbadger

Lincoln has been planning for this game for a while, ever since it was rained out.  They were going to pitch their ace no matter what because they felt it gave them the best chance to win.  They played last night and beat Ozark, They played Tuesday and beat Gravette.  They saved their ace for PG.  Three conference games in a week is a lot of strain on your pitching.  Any way, it is what it is.  We'll see you again at district I'm sure.

Nip/Tusk

Sounds like they saw pgs ace anyway. Wonder why he didnt start?  Pg didnt play 5 conference games this week.

beach bum

Quote from: skeeb on April 18, 2014, 09:26:37 pm
Quote from: beach bum on April 18, 2014, 07:08:28 pm
I thought Tice signed DI.... 15 runs to Pea Ridge?
There's some class...

I just found that bizarre 15 runs were scored in a game he pitched against a middle of the pack team.  I have heard the sophomore pitcher for PG is looking promising though.

pgfan2016

He didn't come in until it looked like PG had come back with a chance to win.  PG has really struggled defensively on the right side all year.  It don't matter who pitches if you have errors.

pgfan2016

April 20, 2014, 10:46:33 am #106 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:20:41 am by pgfan2016
Quote from: Oldbadger on April 18, 2014, 10:25:25 pm
PGfan2016 why do you not pitch your ace knowing the importance of this game?  I mean this was for the championship!  Game would have been closer for sure, but still, you have to score runs to win.  PG scored tonight on a balk.  Can always speculate I guess, but these decisions are what makes or breaks a team.

Oldbadger I went back and did some research.   Never realized that PG has not won a conference championship since Cameron has been here.  I would never say he would not want to, I just think that's a strange stat with the success PG has had the past 5 or 6 years.  It also shows how different baseball is than other sports.  Does he just not put as much in to conference as some do?  I guess it's worked for him so far. 

Past 4 years
**Shiloh beats pg in conference pg wins district eventually loses to shiloh in state championship game

**PG lose to shiloh the beats shiloh in regional championship.

**Last year pg lose to farmington then beats them in district and regional.

**This year lose to lincoln.  Could be a fun next few weeks.

Also remember what happened 2 years ago when Lincoln beat PG the first time 5-1.  I think 2nd game ended with PG winning something like 22-3   Lincoln has a good team like they've had the past 4 years.  Lincoln played like a team that the game meant more to them than pg.  Same thing I saw last year when farmington beat pg in conference.

Oldbadger

Quote from: pgfan2016 on April 20, 2014, 10:46:33 am
Quote from: Oldbadger on April 18, 2014, 10:25:25 pm
PGfan2016 why do you not pitch your ace knowing the importance of this game?  I mean this was for the championship!  Game would have been closer for sure, but still, you have to score runs to win.  PG scored tonight on a balk.  Can always speculate I guess, but these decisions are what makes or breaks a team.

Oldbadger I went back and did some research.   Never realized that PG has not won a conference championship since Cameron has been here.  I would never say he would not want to, I just think that's a strange stat with the success PG has had the past 5 or 6 years.  It also shows how different baseball is than other sports.  Does he just not put as much in to conference as some do?  I guess it's worked for him so far. 

Past 4 years
**Shiloh beats pg in conference pg wins district eventually loses to shiloh in state championship game

**PG lose to shiloh the beats shiloh in regional championship.

**Last year pg lose to farmington then beats them in district and regional.

**This year lose to lincoln.  Could be a fun next few weeks.

Also remember what happened 2 years ago when Lincoln beat PG the first time 5-1.  I think 2nd game ended with PG winning something like 22-3   Lincoln has a good team like they've had the past 4 years.  Lincoln played like a team that the game meant more to them than pg.  Same thing I saw last year when farmington beat pg in conference.
I also talked to some people about that.  Last year PG beat Lincoln with Speed pitching.  PG coach probably felt that the outcome could be similar.  This is basically the same team Lincoln had last year with two important additions.  We have a very good SS from Mexico that I told you about earlier in this thread who also has a very good bat.  We have a DH who also is a good bat.  A right fielder who is much improved from last year in fielding and at the plate.  Of course Harris is stronger and pitching better  as well. And their confidence level is very high.  They played a team from Stillwater Ok very close and got 9 hits off a pitcher who will probably be drafted into the majors this year.  That team is currently 29-1.  Lincoln is strong at every position and at the plate as well.  I still feel PG could have and may beat them if they play again.  It won't be 22-3 again, I promise.  I also feel that PG better be on top of their game or they will not beat Lincoln.  Lincoln is on a mission this year.  They intend to play at Baum.  Lincoln and PG will play again at the District tournament.  It will be a good game.  I bet Lincoln will see Tice and PG will see Harris.  That will be a game to see.  I may not  make it so you may have to keep me posted.

lp guy

Does Lincoln have several seniors on this years team?

Oldbadger

April 20, 2014, 09:12:40 pm #109 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:22:51 pm by Oldbadger
Yes, they have four who start, five who play a lot depending of who is pitching.  The DH is also a senior.

Soring Hawk

You guys on 62 are so funny!  Pretty sure all our schools have internet.  PR is only losing 1 starter this year.  How do the other schools compare?  Someone said Lincoln was losing 4 and a DH.  What about PG and Gravette.  Farm wont matter next year. What will the saints have mext year?

Nip/Tusk

Without knowing for sure, I think pg loses at least 5 sr starters.

gametime

Oldbadger has your recruiting moved all the way to Mexico?  Don't put so much into 1 win my friend.  I've seen those boys from PG lose a game like that in the past, and it didn't bother them in the least.   When my youngest son played at Farmington we thought we had them right where we wanted them a few times but never could beat them when it really counted. I know how the Lincoln folks get a little to excited over a small win, so you might tell them to not throw much gas on the fire!  Good luck my friend.

Oldbadger

Quote from: gametime on April 23, 2014, 07:25:50 am
Oldbadger has your recruiting moved all the way to Mexico?  Don't put so much into 1 win my friend.  I've seen those boys from PG lose a game like that in the past, and it didn't bother them in the least.   When my youngest son played at Farmington we thought we had them right where we wanted them a few times but never could beat them when it really counted. I know how the Lincoln folks get a little to excited over a small win, so you might tell them to not throw much gas on the fire!  Good luck my friend.
How do you not get excited!!  If you read my post you will see that I acknowledge that PG is dangerous and never to be taken lightly.  They have a lot of pride as well they should.  I'm just saying, they will have to have their "A" game next time we play.  So will Lincoln.  We will see their best, PG will see ours.  Both teams are good and it could come out either way.  At the same time Lincoln is capable also.  I am excited because, not only did we beat a very good PG team, but won the championship.  Now, am I counting my chickens before they hatch?  No way!  Too many good teams out there and we still have to face a good Farmington group.  Even the best lose sometimes.  Too excited!! Nah!!  Very excited, Yes!! 

Oldbadger

Quote from: Soring Hawk on April 22, 2014, 09:58:04 pm
You guys on 62 are so funny!  Pretty sure all our schools have internet.  PR is only losing 1 starter this year.  How do the other schools compare?  Someone said Lincoln was losing 4 and a DH.  What about PG and Gravette.  Farm wont matter next year. What will the saints have mext year?
Hey Pea Ridge does have internet.  We had a discussion in another thread a while back and thought only the Hwy 62 guys had it and one person in Berryville.  You guys are getting uptown what with the scoreboard and turf field.  I might drive through there again someday.  You're right about what Lincoln loses.  They'll still have a pretty good Ace though.  Don't know much about the younger ones because all who play for Lincoln are juniors and seniors.  From what I've seen you guys should be pretty good next year!  Good luck.

hillbilly

Quote from: Oldbadger on April 23, 2014, 08:29:52 am
You're right about what Lincoln loses.  They'll still have a pretty good Ace though.  Don't know much about the younger ones because all who play for Lincoln are juniors and seniors.  From what I've seen you guys should be pretty good next year!  Good luck.
Won't they be losing Harris and Marufo after this year, too? Both are Jr's who I don't think will be back next year. Correct me if I'm wrong, because it is definitely a possibility!

Oldbadger

Quote from: hillbilly on April 23, 2014, 09:00:25 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on April 23, 2014, 08:29:52 am
You're right about what Lincoln loses.  They'll still have a pretty good Ace though.  Don't know much about the younger ones because all who play for Lincoln are juniors and seniors.  From what I've seen you guys should be pretty good next year!  Good luck.
Won't they be losing Harris and Marufo after this year, too? Both are Jr's who I don't think will be back next year. Correct me if I'm wrong, because it is definitely a possibility!
Yes, you are right.  They will be losing those two. 

pgfan2016

We have to face the facts that Lincoln has clawed and dug there way our of the cellar but the future doesn't look good at all.  2015 could be another long year after what had taken place.

4AWhistler

Quote from: pgfan2016 on April 24, 2014, 11:58:42 am
We have to face the facts that Lincoln has clawed and dug there way our of the cellar but the future doesn't look good at all.  2015 could be another long year after what had taken place.
Not an optimistic bone in your body. 

pgfan2016

Quote from: 4AWhistler on April 24, 2014, 07:22:49 pm
Quote from: pgfan2016 on April 24, 2014, 11:58:42 am
Not an optimistic bone in your body.

Lots of optimism here.   What's your opinion?   I think you will be the type who sit and always compare your little boys team to all the next 10 teams who come through the program.  Always talking about how much better yours were than the others.  You're the type of fan that everyone is glad is on the other side of the field.

Nip/Tusk

So what are the seeds and where is the district tournament being played?

Oldbadger

District tournament is in PG.  Don't know the seedings yet but I think Lincoln and PG have a bye into Saturday.  I'll try to find out.

Oldbadger

April 26, 2014, 02:51:55 pm #122 Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:58:24 pm by Oldbadger
4A-1
Lincoln 6-1
Prairie Grove 5-2
Farmington 5-2
Gravette 4-3
Pea Ridge 3-3?
Ozark 2-4?
Gentry 1-5?
Berryville 0-6?

Don't know the record of the bottom four.  The way I see it is the bottom four will play on Thursday.  The winners will play Farmington and Gravette on Friday.  Those winners will play Lincoln and PG on Saturday with those winners playing for the championship on Monday.  Someone feel free to correct me and also to fill in the finals of the bottom four teams.

hillbilly

PR 4-3
Ozark 3-4
Gentry 1-6
Berryville 0-7

Oldbadger

April 26, 2014, 05:04:12 pm #124 Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:54:48 pm by Oldbadger

Okay guys, I'm doing this off the top of my head.

Day one. Thursday, May 1.

Game 1.  Pea Ridge vs. Berryville
Game 2.  Ozark vs. Gentry

Day two. Friday, May 2.

Game 3.  Gravette vs.  Winner of game 1.
Game 4.  Farmington vs. Winner of game 2.

Day three.  Saturday, May 3.

Game 5.  Lincoln vs. Winner of game 3.
Game 6.  PG vs.  Winner of game 4.

Day four.  Monday, May 5.

Loser of game 5 vs. loser of game 6. (No third place game, I just found out)(Highest seed is third)
Winner of Game 5 vs Winner of Game 6 (Championship)

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Oldbadger on April 26, 2014, 05:04:12 pm

Day two. Friday, May 2.

Loser of game 5 vs. loser of game 6. (No third place game, I just found out)(Highest seed is third)

Does the 1st game start at 4 PM?

Oldbadger

Quote from: Cajun Hog on April 29, 2014, 05:02:04 pm

Day two. Friday, May 2.

I don't know, I'll try to find out!  How about it Tiger101?

Soring Hawk

PR vrs B'ville. 4 PM. Is correct.

DerekOxford

Ryan Dempster is throwing out the first pitch today. So if you want to see that, get there early.

TIGER101

Quote from: Oldbadger on April 29, 2014, 07:04:02 pm
Quote from: Cajun Hog on April 29, 2014, 05:02:04 pm

Day two. Friday, May 2.

I don't know, I'll try to find out!  How about it Tiger101?

Sorry Oldbadger I have been tied up at work and not checked in much this week.
I do believe this time is correct.

TIGER101

I can tell you the field is in perfect shape.  Not a blade out of place. 

Side note, Just found out Cameron has been sick all week and not been to school.  Not sure if this will effect how PG plays, but could effect how the field looks!! lol

TIGER101

Quote from: DerekOxford on May 01, 2014, 11:23:43 am
Ryan Dempster is throwing out the first pitch today. So if you want to see that, get there early.

Derek
I would think it would be right before the game starts.  Ill see if I can find out

mountainman

May 01, 2014, 12:41:46 pm #132 Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:45:03 pm by mountainman
Can someone tell me the times of Fridays games in 1-4A in PG.---Thanks

Oldbadger

Someone in another thread said that the games today started at four o'clock.  I figure the games tomorrow will be the same.

Cajun Hog

1st game @ 4:00 pm and 2nd game @ 6:30 pm.

Oldbadger

Any body know how the first two 1-4A games turned out?

Lionfan

Heard gentry beat ozark 5-2 maybe

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Oldbadger on May 01, 2014, 09:46:09 pm
PR beat Berryville 12-0 in 4 1/2 innings

Oldbadger

Quote from: Cajun Hog on May 01, 2014, 10:22:38 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on May 01, 2014, 09:46:09 pm
PR beat Berryville 12-0 in 4 1/2 innings
Thanks for the info.  Be there tomorrow.

pgfan2016

Quote from: Lionfan on May 01, 2014, 09:52:58 pm
Heard gentry beat ozark 5-2 maybe

that was a shocker.  I couldn't believe that one either.  Gravette can rest anybody they want now, and throw them against Lincoln

Lionfan

I think Gravette will be playing pr and Farmington will have gentry pr is no patsy

pgfan2016

Could be right.  I might had gotten those backwards.   

hillbilly

PR beat Gravette 5-2 last night. Farmington beat Gentry 9-1. Lincoln is leading PR 4-2 in the 6th right now.

hillbilly

Lincoln won 5-4. Haven't heard a PG-Farmington score yet.

TIGER101

Quote from: hillbilly on May 03, 2014, 05:12:24 pm
Lincoln won 5-4. Haven't heard a PG-Farmington score yet.

PG beat Farmington 7-1.  It was stinking hot today for early May

Nip/Tusk

Well it was stinking cold this week for early may too. Lol

Pg going for the rare conference championship sweep in 3 sports. Wonder if thats ever happened?

Did pg and lincoln both use their aces today?  Who will throw Monday?

Oldbadger

Quote from: Josh Louin on May 03, 2014, 06:36:28 pm
Well it was stinking cold this week for early may too. Lol

Pg going for the rare conference championship sweep in 3 sports. Wonder if thats ever happened?

Did pg and lincoln both use their aces today?  Who will throw Monday?
Well, I got sun burned today at PG watching a very good game between Lincoln and Pea Ridge.  You could tell Pea Ridge wanted it very badly, but Lincoln was not to be denied.  Pea Ridge has nothing to hang their head about.  They had to play their third game in as many days.  Tough for any school.  I was impressed with them.  Sun high in the sky caused Lincoln and Pea Ridge problems on high infield pop ups.  Seems as four errors were caused by that.  The last drop allowed Lincoln to score the winning run in the bottom of the 7th.
Lincoln pitched Cummings and PG pitched Tice.  Didn't see all of PG's game but I figure that he pitched the entire game.  PG could not afford to allow a good Farmington team a chance for a comeback.
I'm not sure, Josh, that you count tournament championships as a sweep.  Typically, I feel anyway, you count the round robin championship as the real champion, not tournament championships.  In other words, PG won the  football round robin championship, Lincoln tied with Farmington for the basketball round robin championship.  Then Lincoln won the baseball round robin.  PG won the basketball tournament championship.  It is to be seen who will win the baseball tournament championship Monday night at 6:00.

Nip/Tusk

Gotta disagree with you ob (surprise, surprise)

The real champion is the tournament champion. That's the one that sets up the seeding for all postseason play.

And the overall state champion is decided by what? A tournament. Tournament play is what matters most. Granted, football doesn't have a conference tournament therefore the only champion is the regular season champion.

Oldbadger

Okay, we agree to disagree.  But, why even have a regular season, let's just have a tournament!  I did see Lincoln awarded a huge plaque today saying "District 1-4A Conference Champions" on it. I'm sure that's what I saw.  Anyway, just make it fit!  Conference tournaments only set up the seedings for the state tournament, IMHO.  So, I go my way, you go yours.  Anyone else have an opinion?  Have I been wrong all these years?  If we went along with your thinking the conference tournament is grossly unfair.  To be fair, we should not give anyone a bye, everyone should start even. For example Pea Ridge had to  play two games before playing Lincoln today.  Lincoln and PG have only to play two games while Pea Ridge had to play four to win it all.  Not fair, if what you believe is true.

Nip/Tusk

So are you saying the entire state tournament isn't fair either?  There are byes in it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas