• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4a baseball 2014

Started by TIGER101, November 11, 2013, 09:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TIGER101

looking forward to this season.  I see PG, Lincoln and Farmington being the favorites but could be missing another team that I'm not familiar with.  Any input?

cuckoobird

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 11, 2013, 09:11:01 pm
looking forward to this season.  I see PG, Lincoln and Farmington being the favorites but could be missing another team that I'm not familiar with.  Any input?
the 1-4a plays baseball????

TIGER101

We can only try.  We walk the halls recruiting kids to field a team and have been fortunate enough to even come up with some extras.  This year the
1-4a will be lucky to send any teams to the state playoffs. ;) ;)

cuckoobird

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 13, 2013, 11:45:57 am
We can only try.  We walk the halls recruiting kids to field a team and have been fortunate enough to even come up with some extras.  This year the
1-4a will be lucky to send any teams to the state playoffs. ;) ;)
lol

OldMule

Tiger, my guess it that it's going to be a long winter for you. 

My early take on Hwy 62 1-4a teams you mentioned:  All of the teams have some studs, all of them have a group of kids with something to prove, and all of them want to beat the others. All of them have some big holes too.  It will be fun to see if the studs carry the team, or if team spirit gets them to play at a higher level.

TIGER101

Come on Oldmule a long winter???
watcha talkin about!!!!  Tigers love the winter

TIGER101

November 13, 2013, 08:53:09 pm #6 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:16:06 pm by TIGER101

Oldbadger

Lincoln lost one starter from last years state team.  Gained an excellent baseball player in the young man from Mexico who is the  football team kicker.  He played ball for the Mexico national team for his age bracket.

TIGER101

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 20, 2013, 09:03:43 pm
Lincoln lost one starter from last years state team.  Gained an excellent baseball player in the young man from Mexico who is the  football team kicker.  He played ball for the Mexico national team for his age bracket.

Lincoln recruiting budget must be astronomical.   Going into other countries now..

pgfan2016

Prairie Grove and Lincoln will be the 2 that will contend for conference title.

Farmington has Ness then have a little drop off in talent.  Will need to find him some help.  They need some young players to step up or could even drop out of top 3 in the conference.  Defence was one problem for the cards last year.  Their big problem is they won't have luxury of playing PG or Lincoln on the field that gives up more HRs due to the wind than any in the state.  That's how they won several games last year.  Still should finish 3rd in conference. 
*Players to watch, Ness, Black, Sutton

Lincoln has the most experience coming back.  They will field a team that be pretty solid in the hitting order 1 thru 9.  They have good pitching not great pitching with Cummings being their ace at years end.  They throw good strikes and don't give up many walks.  If they can take care of cleaning up on defence they will be in good shape.  Looks like did outstanding job on the recruitment of Mexico national team player.  Like 101 said they must have spent some money on that one.
*Players to watch, Cummings, Harris, Simmons

PG has been the team to beat the past 3 years.  They lost 4 starters off last years team but return the top pitching staff in the 1-4a.  PG will rely on what Cameron will always put first, pitching and defense.  Will need to find an infielder but defence has always been something Cameron can put together. 
*Players to watch, Speed, Sugg, Tice

TIGER101

PG fan 2013 you may be correct but don't count Farmington out to early.  They have been the power hitting team in the conference the past few years and I bet they still will have some new ones coming up.  One thing about them is they score runs and you have to match them.

OldMule

I think the conference champ will be either PG, Lincoln, or Farm. 

So far, no one has said much about pitching. Pitching MIGHT be the story of the 1-4A this year.  Arguably, there are 8-10 pitchers (maybe more) spread over those three schools that will be pitching, or have the potential to pitch in college: All of the Hwy 62 bunch have at least 2 pitchers that COULD win any game. There are hard throwers, soft tossing lefties, junkers, and others.  Aside from the obvious names (Tice, Cummins, Speed), having a good year, I look for Harris, Hulse, Pittman, Ness and Thompson to make some noise.

Anyone who saw the state tourney last year knows that throwing 90 mph is not the way to beat PG and others--and that there are lots of 50 mph strikes tapped back to the pitcher that get you the outs needed to win a game.  If some kids will step up, those 3 schools COULD ALL have pitching that is as good as any school in the state. 

TIGER101

December 06, 2013, 10:44:00 pm #12 Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:46:18 pm by TIGER101
Quote from: OldMule on December 05, 2013, 04:58:34 pm
I think the conference champ will be either PG, Lincoln, or Farm. 

So far, no one has said much about pitching. Pitching MIGHT be the story of the 1-4A this year.  Arguably, there are 8-10 pitchers (maybe more) spread over those three schools that will be pitching, or have the potential to pitch in college: All of the Hwy 62 bunch have at least 2 pitchers that COULD win any game. There are hard throwers, soft tossing lefties, junkers, and others.  Aside from the obvious names (Tice, Cummins, Speed), having a good year, I look for Harris, Hulse, Pittman, Ness and Thompson to make some noise.

Anyone who saw the state tourney last year knows that throwing 90 mph is not the way to beat PG and others--and that there are lots of 50 mph strikes tapped back to the pitcher that get you the outs needed to win a game.  If some kids will step up, those 3 schools COULD ALL have pitching that is as good as any school in the state.

90+ seriously??  lol.     In 4a?  Nobody throws 90+ in 4a do they?? ;)

Oldbadger

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 30, 2013, 12:11:48 am

Lincoln recruiting budget must be astronomical.   Going into other countries now..
Shiloh don't have anything on us!!!

pgfan2016

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 12, 2013, 09:04:39 pm

Oldbadger are you the president of the recruiting committee?   If so ask for a raise.

Oldbadger

Quote from: pgfan2016 on December 12, 2013, 11:49:44 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on December 12, 2013, 09:04:39 pm

Oldbadger are you the president of the recruiting committee?   If so ask for a raise.

No, just take a vacation here and there.  Planning on Dominican Republic next.  Maybe Cuba!  Great ballplayers there I hear!  Problem there is, you never know their age! LOL.

pgfan2016

January 03, 2014, 09:57:27 pm #16 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:58:59 pm by pgfan2016
I am new to posting on fearless Friday but not new to the reading.  Are there any people who post other than PG, Lincoln, or Farmington?  I have not paid that much attention since mine is a younger player, but only seems to be these few teams.

Also heard today that Farmington is losing a lot of players in football that could effect baseball.  Many kids leaving.   Anyone heard this?

OldMule

As Farmington moves to 5A, we will struggle a little.  Especially in football.  But I think the move will have less of an impact on the other sports, including baseball.  Travel will be as much of a problem as the new opponents because Ar Athl Assn apparently has no regard for the logistics of dragging kids 1/2 way across the state to play a game, then dragging them home so they can take a math test the next morning........but that is another issue.  I'll just say that AAA needs to worry more about what makes sense, playing natural rivals, etc, than having 8 teams in a bracket!

In the end, Farmington will be fine.  We have been playing larger schools in our non-conference schedules in all sports for a long time and we have done fine.  Farmington is a wonderful community, with wonderful kids, and excellent support from the parents and the community.  We will continue to grow, and we will be fine, and we will thrive because that is what good communities, and good people do.

Then, it will be Prairie Grove's turn.

Oldbadger

Quote from: pgfan2016 on January 03, 2014, 09:57:27 pm
I am new to posting on fearless Friday but not new to the reading.  Are there any people who post other than PG, Lincoln, or Farmington?  I have not paid that much attention since mine is a younger player, but only seems to be these few teams.

Also heard today that Farmington is losing a lot of players in football that could effect baseball.  Many kids leaving.   Anyone heard this?
The other 1-4A schools don't have internet yet.  I hear Gravette might get it this year.  Ozark has it but they won't be in our conference anymore.  Berryville has one person, I think that has it--Chevelle??.  The others may never get it.  So, that's why only Lincoln, PG and Farmington post on FF. LOL.

Sweetfeet

Shiloh will be posting next year, however I think their technology surpasses the internet.

CoachS5055

I got your Berryville report, if they have success in any sport then that coach is impressive. Baseball-wise should have 2 or 3 good players but that's about it

arthurhawgerelli

Impresseive.  2 of the starting pitchers for the Razorbacks this weekend are 2 players who dominated in the 1 4A. 

Good luck to Beeks and Oliver. 

Lionfan

Quote from: Oldbadger on January 04, 2014, 02:59:23 pm
Quote from: pgfan2016 on January 03, 2014, 09:57:27 pm

The other 1-4A schools don't have internet yet.  I hear Gravette might get it this year.  Ozark has it but they won't be in our conference anymore.  Berryville has one person, I think that has it--Chevelle??.  The others may never get it.  So, that's why only Lincoln, PG and Farmington post on FF. LOL.

Here now we've got it just sitting back and hoping you all over look the lions cause they could be pretty good beat Springdale this week in season opener

pgfan2016

Didn't get to go watch PG play in the Nashville tournament this past weekend, but when talking to one of the parents they got beat both games.  Played 5a Magnolia and lost in extra inning 5-4,. then got beat by 5a PA 8-3.  Played a lot of young players with basketball not getting over until Friday. 

Nip/Tusk

Aren't there only 2 basketball players?

pgfan2016

I think 3.  I would say they have some spots to figure out even with them.  I will see them this week at some point.

Tiger101 is who will know more about that stuff.

TIGER101

PG lost 3-2 vs Springdale. 
The couple games I have seen, our pitching is way ahead of everything else.  Gragg struck out 11 against Magnolia in 5 innings and Tice threw a 1 hitter in 7 innings after settling down after the 1st against Springdale.  Look for PG to take a couple weeks to really see where they will be at years end.  Still very impressed with the pitching staff for this time of year.  Will only get better as arms get into shape. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: TIGER101 on March 13, 2014, 09:55:50 am
PG lost 3-2 vs Springdale. 
The couple games I have seen, our pitching is way ahead of everything else.  Gragg struck out 11 against Magnolia in 5 innings and Tice threw a 1 hitter in 7 innings after settling down after the 1st against Springdale.  Look for PG to take a couple weeks to really see where they will be at years end.  Still very impressed with the pitching staff for this time of year.  Will only get better as arms get into shape.
same place they always are, semifinals then home....... 8)

TIGER101

March 13, 2014, 03:29:16 pm #28 Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:09:04 pm by TIGER101
some years you take that, smile and go on......  lol

TIGER101

things could be worse we could be from Stuttgart...... :P

TIGER101

How is Stuttgart this year anyway?   Figure since they don't play basketball they should be in rare form. 

Advancing in basketball should never be an issue for Stutt.

New followers are probably thinking what the heck are they talking about!!!!!  Lol

Lionfan

Means throws a no no against greenwood tonight Gravette wins 12-0

cuckoobird

Quote from: TIGER101 on March 13, 2014, 06:13:38 pm
How is Stuttgart this year anyway?   Figure since they don't play basketball they should be in rare form. 

Advancing in basketball should never be an issue for Stutt.

New followers are probably thinking what the heck are they talking about!!!!!  Lol
I bet we have more boys basketball titles than PG. Ya'll are tied with us in baseball though..........

TIGER101

With a population of 15,000 in Stuttgart I don't see how you don't win it in every sport.   :o

TIGER101

Ricebird school system needs to give a seminar on cooking the enrollment books!!!!!!

cuckoobird

Quote from: TIGER101 on March 14, 2014, 01:03:29 pm
With a population of 15,000 in Stuttgart I don't see how you don't win it in every sport.   :o
only 9000 with two private schools k-12 and two additional private schools k-6

TIGER101

PG 8-1 over Mt. Home.  Gragg pitched a 2 hitter.

TIGER101

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 14, 2014, 01:09:52 pm
Quote from: TIGER101 on March 14, 2014, 01:03:29 pm
only 9000 with two private schools k-12 and two additional private schools k-6

Okay so you send the smart kids who don't play athletics to the private schools..lol.

cuckoobird

March 15, 2014, 08:26:43 am #38 Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:34:15 pm by cuckoobird
Yep. Thats where all the pg guys would go if they lived down here... Lmbo

pgfan2016

I saw 2 pg games and a Lincoln game this week.  Couldn't really tell much about Lincoln because of how weak the teams were they are playing right now.  Looked like a bunch of county league teams.  I think Lincoln will be fine and are possibly a little ahead of most since having so many returning starters.

Really look forward to seeing Gravette play.  They seem to be a possible sleeper.

Farmington suffered a unexpected loss to me but you never know in baseball with pitching match ups.

Tiger101 in completely correct when talking about pg pitching staff.  Cameron has played a different lineup every game looking to fill a couple spots.  The first few looked awfully grim but they have looked like a complete different team this week.  Pitching has been outstanding the past few games.  Logan Gragg has been the surprise of the year for that staff.  He had a no hitter going into the 6th against a Mt. Home team who in the game before put 13 runs on the board against Bentonville.   Tice and Gragg are making for a good pair to have come conference time.  When Cameron gets his defense where he wants them then they will right back in it. 

Oldbadger

Lincoln 6 Dover 5 in semifinals of tournament. Playing Booneville right now for championship.

GobsRule

Quote from: pgfan2016 on March 15, 2014, 12:42:09 pm
I saw 2 pg games and a Lincoln game this week.  Couldn't really tell much about Lincoln because of how weak the teams were they are playing right now.  Looked like a bunch of county league teams.  I think Lincoln will be fine and are possibly a little ahead of most since having so many returning starters.

Really look forward to seeing Gravette play.  They seem to be a possible sleeper.

Farmington suffered a unexpected loss to me but you never know in baseball with pitching match ups.

Tiger101 in completely correct when talking about pg pitching staff.  Cameron has played a different lineup every game looking to fill a couple spots.  The first few looked awfully grim but they have looked like a complete different team this week.  Pitching has been outstanding the past few games.  Logan Gragg has been the surprise of the year for that staff.  He had a no hitter going into the 6th against a Mt. Home team who in the game before put 13 runs on the board against Bentonville.   Tice and Gragg are making for a good pair to have come conference time.  When Cameron gets his defense where he wants them then they will right back in it.
Who did they play?

Justin Time

What happened to Lincoln vs Booneville today in baseball tournament play?  I hear Lincoln's head coach, a player and a fan got ejected from the ballpark in Ozark.

OLDSCHOOL82

Lincoln showed their true colors today.  That's what happens when you lose a 9-1 lead and give up 13 runs in one inning.  Can we say "the wheels fell off."

Nip/Tusk

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch.

TIGER101

PG 13-0 over Claremore Oklahoma.

TIGER101

I've heard some PG, Lincoln, Farmington,  and Gravette scores.  If anyone has heard of any others please post. 

cuckoobird

I think you guys in the 1-4a should play some teams from south arkansas to prepare for the state tournament.

TIGER101

Can't get much more south than Magnolia

TIGER101

Stuttgart last year is the only team south of Little Rock to beat PG in 4 years.  Might be a bunch that could beat us this year.  We will have to see. ;D
All we are trying to do is win a game or two for now. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas