• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A Baseball

Started by 3aDomination69, November 29, 2011, 11:10:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Baseball Fan-

Today is the day teams can show what they got..

Rusty Shackleford

When's everyone's games?

BigRigg11

Baseball Fan-

Rusty Shackleford

Just saw that Lincoln's game is Friday.  I might have to stop by Gentry to see how "solid" they really are.

Baseball Fan-

Or you could go to Potsville and watch Farmington Play a double header against them and Dover ;)

gametime

Quote from: BigRigg11 on February 28, 2012, 08:52:46 am
yall will find out!
What are we supposed to find out BIGRIGG11?

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: Baseball Fan- on February 29, 2012, 10:54:18 am
Or you could go to Potsville and watch Farmington Play a double header against them and Dover ;)

Ohhh very tempting!  I watched Farmington play Huntsville the other day.  I was pretty impressed with the pitcher who thew 10+ K's.

Baseball Fan-

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on February 29, 2012, 05:35:52 pm
Quote from: Baseball Fan- on February 29, 2012, 10:54:18 am

Ohhh very tempting!  I watched Farmington play Huntsville the other day.  I was pretty impressed with the pitcher who thew 10+ K's.
Ya lol I think Farmington has a good defence, not so much offence.... yet

All Bench All the time

who hit for farmington ?

Baseball Fan-

Quote from: All Bench All the time on March 01, 2012, 11:29:50 am
who hit for farmington ?
Not really anyone.. A few hits here and there.. Alot of runs off passed balls and such from Huntsville... But it was first game Jitters.. So maybe they will show they can hit Friday in the double header

Rusty Shackleford

Lincoln over Gentry 9-3

PGTIGERS09

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on February 28, 2012, 06:43:39 pm
Just saw that Lincoln's game is Friday.  I might have to stop by Gentry to see how "solid" they really are.

were they solid?

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: PGTIGERS09 on March 02, 2012, 09:22:56 pm
Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on February 28, 2012, 06:43:39 pm

were they solid?

Haha on a scale of 1-10 (10 being pretty freaking solid) I'd give them a 6.5.

Seemed like opening day jitters were evident at first, but after the first few innings they picked it up.

TIGER101

Were you asking about Lincoln or Gentry?
thanks

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: TIGER101 on March 03, 2012, 08:30:44 am
Were you asking about Lincoln or Gentry?
thanks

I think he was asking about Lincoln since BIGRIG said we'd all see how solid they really were.  Atleast that's how I answered the queston. Haha

Baseball Fan-

Lincoln plays Farmington on Monday...

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: Baseball Fan- on March 03, 2012, 12:09:13 pm

I'll defently have to watch that one.

Anyone have any idea who will be pitching for each team?

TIGER101

Quote from: Baseball Fan- on March 03, 2012, 12:09:13 pm

Lincoln wins 8-6.  Downer for the card's

TIGER101

March 03, 2012, 04:13:20 pm #70 Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:29:10 pm by TIGER101
Lincoln has to much talent in basebal for farming. IMO ???

Rusty Shackleford

Yeah I don't think Farmington will be able to stop Lincoln's senior talent. I should be at the game so I'll let you guys know how it turns out .

Baseball Fan-

Farmington will win 6-3

Rusty Shackleford

Lincoln over Farmington 6-5 despite a late surge from Farmington

Lincoln is looking good so far.

TIGER101

Who pitched in this game?

leatherneck

I am revising my predictions after watching lincoln play and then hearing about elkins/shiloh game.
Lincoln will win district.
Elkins doesnt have the pitching to compete with Lincoln.

lincoln beat farmtown and elkins lost to shiloh 15-0.

gametime

As everyone has heard Lincoln did beat Farmington today.  I am one who has been telling it like it is about Farmington.  I would not put much into this one.  Lincoln did win but their not necessarily any better the the Cards.  Before all the Lincoln posters go crazy about this win lets remember Farmington didn't pitch anyone, and Lincoln pitched their top two.  Lincoln is a good team but if Farmington has one of their top two pitching then we would have a different outcome.  Congratulations to the Wolves for the win

Baseball Fan-

Farm pitched there 3 the first inning.. he gave up like 4 runs that inning. Then they took him out in the first inning. If Farm pitched one of there better pithers this wohldnt have happened...

Oldbadger

Quote from: Baseball Fan- on March 05, 2012, 09:56:03 pm
Farm pitched there 3 the first inning.. he gave up like 4 runs that inning. Then they took him out in the first inning. If Farm pitched one of there better pithers this wohldnt have happened...
One reason one plays non-conference games is to determine how you do against good competition.  Farmington wanted to know how their 3 would do and Lincoln wanted to know how their 1 would do.  This lets you know what to expect when conference games are played.  "If" is such a little word to be so big.  Both coaches found out some things today that are valuable to them as they approach conference.  I didn't see the game but I will see Lincoln play this weekend and I'll know more about them. 

gametime

Lincoln did what they had to do.  They won and that's that.  Should not take anything away from that.  You are correct badger, every team is trying to find out where they stand and who they can depend on.  If Farmington pitched their ace it might not have been any different. Don't know if Lincoln has anything more than the Vaughn and Summers kid, but they are a solid team.

gametime

I still think Farmington is better. Lol

leatherneck

I agree with farmtown being the better team , even though they didnt win tonight. They did what they needed to do pitching wise. If these two teams met for anything important in 6 weeks, farmington would win 2 out of 3.

With that being said, lincoln will win their district outright. Elkins does not have the pitching to stay up with lincoln.

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: gametime on March 05, 2012, 09:29:28 pm
As everyone has heard Lincoln did beat Farmington today.  I am one who has been telling it like it is about Farmington.  I would not put much into this one.  Lincoln did win but their not necessarily any better the the Cards.  Before all the Lincoln posters go crazy about this win lets remember Farmington didn't pitch anyone, and Lincoln pitched their top two.  Lincoln is a good team but if Farmington has one of their top two pitching then we would have a different outcome.  Congratulations to the Wolves for the win

I've watched both Lincoln and Farmington play quite a bit.  I've decided that basically Farmington has no offense other than their #1 pitcher Strope. (He can hit and is a beast on the mound)  I still think Lincoln is a tad better just because I know their hitters could have made up for it if Strope had pitched. 

Although Lincoln did pitch their #2 right out of the gate, they also pitched him last Friday vs Gentry, so the fact that he was in no way 100% comes into play also on why they allowed 5 runs.

Baseball Fan-

Who's strong for Farm on defense???

All Bench All the time

If its from you I bet its Burba ???

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: All Bench All the time on March 07, 2012, 09:03:57 am
If its from you I bet its Burba ???

Burba did pretty good vs Lincoln Monday. So I'd say so.

leatherneck

burba is ok defensively, he needs to hit better. could be a diamond in the rough with the right teaching.

gametime

Quote from: leatherneck on March 07, 2012, 02:56:17 pm
burba is ok defensively, he needs to hit better. could be a diamond in the rough with the right teaching.

When you say teaching, is that you nice way of saying coaching?

GLion Alum

March 08, 2012, 12:43:06 pm #88 Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:46:51 pm by GLion Alum
From this week's Westside Eagle Observer...

Gentry is 1-3 so far this season, having beaten Greenland, 15-12, in their opener and having lost to Siloam Springs, 7-1; Pea Ridge, 18-4; and Lincoln, 9-3.  Gravette is 0-2, having lost to Bentonville, 8-1, and Alma, 4-0.

Woops!  I meant to post this on the 1-4A topic, but I guess it adds something on this topic as well.   ;D

gametime

Quote from: leatherneck on March 07, 2012, 02:56:17 pm

He's a a good kid that plays hard every game.  He is pretty raw.  What he lacks is technique he makes up for it in hustle. A kid who has not had the opportunity to play as much competitive ball as others.  I think some of you were expecting a little to much from him, but he is still better than alot of the others. 

Baseball Fan-

March 10, 2012, 03:24:35 pm #90 Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:35:05 pm by Baseball Fan-
He just needs to hit...

All Bench All the time

Any updates
I think Lincoln is undefeated
any other details ?

Elkins ?
Greenland ?
WF ?
Cedarville ?
GreenForest ?

Oldbadger

Quote from: All Bench All the time on March 27, 2012, 11:40:04 am
Any updates
I think Lincoln is undefeated
any other details ?

Elkins ?
Greenland ?
WF ?
Cedarville ?
GreenForest ?
Lincoln is 8 and 0 overall and 2 and 0 in conference.  Has two tough games against Elkins today.  Don't know anything about the others.

leatherneck

who is coaching wf now?

gametime

Don't sound like anybody

Oldbadger

Lincoln played two games in the Westville, OK, tournament today.  They beat Kansas, OK, 14 to 5, and Sequoyah, OK, 8 to 6.  They are now 12-0 for the year.

TIGER101

Where are all the 1-3A posters?  It's like the only team in this conference is Lincoln

Oldbadger

April 09, 2012, 08:10:39 pm #97 Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:12:16 pm by Oldbadger
Lincoln over Greenland 12-2 in first game.  7-1 in the second.
Lincoln is 17-2 overall and 8-0 in conference.

TIGER101

Okay Rusty and oldbadger, serious question for you.  Been keeping track this year of the wolves.  Their trend is to feast on the weak but when faced with a little quality, they might struggle a bit.  Have a very good record overall with only two losses.   Other than the two wins earlier in the year against PG and Farmington, are they going to be able to compete at a high enough level to advance come state?  I was one who thought they could, but after the second PG game the other night it has to make you question what will happen if things get tight.  The weakness of the 1-3A could come back to bite you.

tiger fan 13

funny how some just dissapear when you ask a question! ::)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas