• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A

Started by Coach, November 30, 2010, 10:56:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach

With the addition of Ozark, and returning state champion (Shiloh), how do you think the 1-4A will stack up this year?
-Gravette has a new head coach, who as I have heard is a GREAT coach and the players are ecstatic about his addition.
-I haven't heard anything about how Gentry will be...
-Praire Grove is returning Jalen Beeks along with a lot of other talent, so I am guessing they will be in the hunt for first.
-Farmington could be down but you never know what could happen with a good coach.
-Berryville.....
-Pea Ridge could potentially contend, but will likely stay in the middle of the pack.
-Have no clue on what Ozark will offer. However, they just seem like a baseball school.

skeeb

-Shiloh will still be very good with Oliver, Petrino, Offenbacker, and Harris behind the plate. Will still be a State contender.
- PG will be tough. A lot of young talent returning with some great experience going deep into the state tourney last year. Great coach.
-Farmington loses a lot. But returns Spencer to the mound. He will keep them in some games.
-PR will always be a tough game for anyone. King has built a very good program.
-Gravette will be better than last year.
-Berryville....has to be better.
-Ozark always solid and enjoy playing there.
-Gentry finished really strong last year, not sure what they return though.

The 4A-1 is a very solid confrence as a whole. Some of the teams could compete in any of the larger confrences in the state. Ozark was a great addition.

Is it March yet?

PGTIGERS09

1. Shiloh              To  Much Pitching.  lost alot of bats but they are still gonna be the best.
2. Prairie Grove   only lost two seniors last year.  Both were OF.  all the pitching is back
3. Pea Ridge        this is the same order that the regular season finished last year.  PR is always good and has good coaching.
4. Ozark               I think that Ozark comes in and is competitive.  They will be tough to beat
5. Farmington       they lost almost everything.  Still have Trey Spencer as a pitcher after that its a little rocky.
6. Gentry             Alonzo Pettigrew does it again.. helped the football team and the coach here will help them.  they will be improved over last year
7. Gravette         Good news Glion you guys arent dead Last. 
8. Berryville         I dont know anything about them, but its easy to put them last and it feels right here.   ;D

hillbilly

This conference is going to be solid. Might be one of the best 4A conferences in the state.

Coach

O yea I agree that it could be tough, every game should be interesting between the top 5 maybe 6 teams. Hoping for a little drama in the conference, maybe some upsets....or a dark horse.

PGTIGERS09

Jalen Beeks give PG a chance to win against anyone.  Beeks is tough
Shiloh and PG should be alot better than the competition.
then i agree after that it will be a dog fight for third.

final 4 in the state last year.
Shiloh
Malvern
Farmington
Prairie Grove

PG returns all but two SRs.  CF and RF.  They get a 9th grader that is awesome.  I will be shocked if they are in the state Championship game this year.

Shiloh returns all of the pitching that won them the State Championship last year.  The do lose alot of hitting so they might not beat people 21-0 now just 7-0.

Farmington to me is the team that could be way down they lost almost all of the hitting.  Trey Spencer is back and on those days they will have good pitching.   I think that pittman and Burnett for them could be marginally effective but not dominate anyone. 

Just what i think about those three!  Ozark was good last year so i look for them to be good again.  Pea Ridge always seems to be good.. I think that is alot of coaching!

Coach

I have a friend in Gravette who is saying that they should be pretty decent this year, would probably have to find some consistent bats, but they are returning an all conference short stop and a new move-in who throws the ball pretty well. Overall they have 6 returning starters. They could be a suprise, well that is what they are hoping for.  8)

BarnYard91

I agree it should be one of the best conferences in the state.  I'd be shocked if Farmington doesn't hit the ball.  It seems like they always score runs in bunches.  I heard Dover is playing in Farmington's tournament early.  Can't wait to see the schedules.

PGTIGERS09

Quote from: BarnYard91 on December 04, 2010, 11:55:13 pm
I agree it should be one of the best conferences in the state.  I'd be shocked if Farmington doesn't hit the ball.  It seems like they always score runs in bunches.  I heard Dover is playing in Farmington's tournament early.  Can't wait to see the schedules.

yeah i didnt mean they wouldnt hit it.  i just meant that they lost almost all the hitting they had last year and they hit well.  Coach Harper is the man.  They will be ok.  I just dont know if they will hit Oliver or Beeks very well.

Upper Deck

I look for PG to be tough to beat. I went and watched them play in Rogers last year, they wont be an easy win for anyone.

PGTIGERS09

Quote from: Upper Deck on December 06, 2010, 04:57:44 pm
I look for PG to be tough to beat. I went and watched them play in Rogers last year, they wont be an easy win for anyone.

Prairie Grove only had two seniors, so they should be very good.

Upper Deck

With Beeks on the mound they could beat anybody

PGTIGERS09

agreed. Beeks is a stud!  Will the PG bats support him?  If they do PG will be very good
Aaron Kincaid for PG is a stud Pitcher.   Great baseball player!  Weston Barthlomew is solid also. 

G-Town38

Now, the question is, does the new bat rules in place change the schemes for all the teams. My
understanding of the policy, is that the composite bats can not have the "POP" they had before. I believe
it's very similar to the new NCAA rule. This rule has made power hitting teams like the UofA have to work on
new strategies like small ball.

I know that David Petrino from Shiloh could hit some monster shots last year, but with the new rule, does
he become one who has "WTP" or will he be able to continue with those HR's? Teams who have been
known for base hits, will be very successful, while the teams that won with the long ball, will have to
rethink strategies.

Either way, it is going to be a fun season to watch in the 1-4A.

ricepig

Have you thought that he was hitting them with a bat that will be legal this year? A lot of high school bats will be eligible again this season, only the composite bats have to meet the new BBCOR.

hillbilly

I wouldn't say a lot of them will be eligible again, a lot of them won't. The most popular bats of the last few years are now illegal. Have to go back to the alloy barrells again.

Upper Deck

How many Bombs did he hit ?

ricepig

I think out of 20 kids back, my son said there were 4 bats that were illegal. Three of them were Stealth Speeds, not sure what the other one was.

dime back

Quote from: ricepig on December 12, 2010, 08:17:11 pm
I think out of 20 kids back, my son said there were 4 bats that were illegal. Three of them were Stealth Speeds, not sure what the other one was.
For the most part if it does not say composite it is legal for 2011 in High School.

ricepig

Pretty much, the Surge bat looks like a composite to me, but the 2010 is legal for this year.

G-Town38

That is all good to know. My son has a bat that he has named Zoie or something like that. It is a stealth but I believe it is not a composite. Too expensive to be left in the garage, or being used to hit rocks. LOL

ricepig

Just go to this site and enter the model number and for Srs or eligible bats for 2011 enter the year.

http://m-5.eng.uml.edu/umlbrc/ncaa_certified_bats.asp

PGTIGERS09

I heard that Farmington was going to be missing Colby Elkins and  Cole Parsley off the baseball team.  anyone know if that's true or not?  i know that those two are very good athletes

hillbilly

Quote from: PGTIGERS09 on December 17, 2010, 05:19:08 pm
I heard that Farmington was going to be missing Colby Elkins and  Cole Parsley off the baseball team.  anyone know if that's true or not?  i know that those two are very good athletes

This is going to be an exciting conference to watch.

Coach

Oh how I am looking forward to sunflower seeds, cold Cokes, and comfy lawn chairs...just sitting back and watching the great American past time. Bring on some baseball..... Im pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas