• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 WM-WMS Gridiron Merge

Started by Mr_Deb, August 14, 2018, 12:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Deb

I think this is the start of a long partnership between War Memorial and West Memphis.

Barring something catastrophic I don't see WM losing a single game this season.

If the secondary holds up I really don't see teams scoring over 14, mark my words we're about to shake up football in this state!

zebradynasty

After 5 years Billy hasn't changed his Kool-Aid mix!  ;D

The Future

Ya know. I like the confidence.

We will come back to this prediction come November and see how it held up

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 14, 2018, 12:38:08 pm
I think this is the start of a long partnership between War Memorial and West Memphis.

If the secondary holds up I really don't see teams scoring over 14, mark my words we're about to shake up football in this state!

This is laughable at best

beaverfan007

Mr_Deb

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 14, 2018, 03:53:28 pm
After 5 years Billy hasn't changed his Kool-Aid mix!  ;D

We'll see y'all in October  ;)

Quote from: The Future on August 14, 2018, 05:46:54 pm
Ya know. I like the confidence.

We will come back to this prediction come November and see how it held up

Yep...

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 15, 2018, 09:03:39 am
This is laughable at best

It's not laughable and it ain't got nothing to do with pride, the Debs have improved in the W column every season since Elmore arrived.

Quote from: beaverfan007 on August 15, 2018, 02:13:21 pm
Can they beat green wood

I sure hope we get to play them!

Da Truff

holding everyone to 14pts or less is a huge task nowadays.

WMWRECKINGCREW

Quote from: Da Truff on August 16, 2018, 10:23:27 am
Totally agree.......Fans love scoring and the game has been set up for the offense.....Also be on the look out for the equipment rule. Heard no more stoppage of play, player must go out.

westmem

WM look good in they scrimmage game nice WR core and the defense still solid

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Da Truff on August 16, 2018, 10:23:27 am

It worked out pretty well for Big Al and those boys.

Mr_Deb

Playing in war memorial should be a treat for the debs tomorrow night.. wondering if LRC has improved any, seems all you hear about these days are PA, NLR and McClellan.

Eastbay501

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 20, 2018, 08:36:02 pm
Playing in war memorial should be a treat for the debs tomorrow night.. wondering if LRC has improved any, seems all you hear about these days are PA, NLR and McClellan.

They have. Have you heard about PA's performance in their scrimmage?

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Eastbay501 on August 20, 2018, 08:37:09 pm
They have. Have you heard about PA's performance in their scrimmage?

Nope, sure haven't. Glad to hear that though!

Mr_Deb

Great opener Debs, continue to get better!

Trojanbird

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 21, 2018, 10:36:58 pm
Great opener Debs, continue to get better!
You have to have the biggest QB in the state!  He looked huge on TV.

zebradynasty

WM looked pretty solid. Definitely a title contender!

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 22, 2018, 07:22:09 am
WM looked pretty solid. Definitely a title contender!
I was impressed with their size and depth on the lines.  Even though Central is still Central, WM took care of business.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Trojanbird on August 22, 2018, 12:40:14 am
You have to have the biggest QB in the state!  He looked huge on TV.

At about 230 he's got some nice size to him and I tell you what if I were one of those smaller defensive guys I don't know how enthused I'd be about tackling him.

Mr_Deb

Definitely might owe the secondary an apology they're pretty solid, responsible for a lot of turnovers out there tonight and the LBs are pretty solid as well. The defense definitely gets the game ball from me I lost track of how many red zone stops they had. Even though Blytheville had two late scores after the mercy rule was inflicted I thought as a unit they played lights out!

Offensively I thought we came out on fire, that first series we put together what looked like a championship drive and then the intensity dropped. The potency is there but the fluidity is lacking. It's the second week now we're struggling in the first half here against run of the mill defenses. Teams like Greenwood and Pine Bluff in their strong years they've got the mercy rule going against teams like this before the half is out. Definitely don't want to make that kind of thing a habit we've got to treat every game as a championship rehearsal.

Looking forward to the home opener against Wynne GO DEVILS GO!

Mr_Deb

Welp, a win is a win.

Wynne with those underclassmen they have, I believe they'll do great things in the 5A over the next couple years.

Mr_Deb

September 28, 2018, 10:23:00 pm #20 Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:42:14 pm by Mr_Deb
Looks like we're back to rehearsals ;D... I'll say the difference between last week and tonight is almost night and day especially on offense. They've found the formula putting together some brilliant drives out there. I wouldn't change a single thing if I were the OC, definitely tops for the season so far. Good job!

The defense was great tonight at every level, sacks, picks, you name it... I think these kids could line up across any offense in the state and give them trouble. Hats off ;)

I think as the season progresses the main thing will be not beating ourselves, if we come out and play like we did tonight it's a high likelihood we'll have a lengthy season.

Go Debs beat those bears!

Oldbadger

Who are the Debs?  I'm lost here. Makes me think of a womens football league?lol

Mr_Deb

Little bit of that old time WM vernacular... we'd say dem debs on the floor tonight/are dem debs on the floor tonight ?? Code for get to the gymnasium. Nothing girly about it except for all those nice looking girls we'd accompany there ;)

Oldbadger

Quote from: Mr_Deb on September 29, 2018, 03:26:35 pm
Little bit of that old time WM vernacular... we'd say dem debs on the floor tonight/are dem debs on the floor tonight ?? Code for get to the gymnasium. Nothing girly about it except for all those nice looking girls we'd accompany there ;)

Well, Okay. I think.lol The nice looking girls I do understand!!!lol

Mr_Deb

We've got a big one with Jonesboro next week their win over Pine Bluff tonight adds some serious implications to this one. Jonesboro has always been a thorn in our side so it should be even more interesting seeing as how they held the zebras under 14.

Looking forward to it go Devils!

zebrafan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on October 05, 2018, 10:04:38 pm
We've got a big one with Jonesboro next week their win over Pine Bluff tonight adds some serious implications to this one. Jonesboro has always been a thorn in our side so it should be even more interesting seeing as how they held the zebras under 14.

Looking forward to it go Devils!

Eudora could hold PB to under 14.

Mr_Deb

Haha... Pine Bluff is down this season but with the athletes there you still just can't take them lightly. 

zebrafan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on October 06, 2018, 11:09:19 am
Haha... Pine Bluff is down this season but with the athletes there you still just can't take them lightly. 
Lol true, tough season for us for sure.

Mr_Deb

Good game I liked the effort out there last night. We made a few costly mistakes but when you're going full throttle that can sometimes help alleviate some of that. The GMG did their thing and our QB stuck in there to make some nice throws. I was also happy to see our FB get a score! Defensively just can't say enough about that unit, bunch of go getters for sure.

Turnovers and penalties were the story of this game had it not been for that it could've got pretty ugly for Jonesboro.

Let's get a quality rehearsal down there in Jacksonville next week ;)

Mr_Deb

Local sports site has the WM defense rated at #5 in the entire metro... nice stuff guys! ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Mr_Deb on October 18, 2018, 10:21:00 am
Local sports site has the WM defense rated at #5 in the entire metro... nice stuff guys! ;)

What's that, Marion, WM Christian, Earle, WM, and Wonder Jr High?

Mr_Deb

Quote from: ricepig on October 18, 2018, 11:09:16 am
What's that, Marion, WM Christian, Earle, WM, and Wonder Jr High?

Actually it's in reference to the tri-state area... has your dementia started to kick in gramps?

ricepig

Quote from: Mr_Deb on October 18, 2018, 06:14:21 pm
Actually it's in reference to the tri-state area... has your dementia started to kick in gramps?

Gramps? Nope, I'm fine, I guess one was supposed to read what mind you have, to discern what in the world you were referring to. I like my list better!

Mr_Deb

Quote from: ricepig on October 18, 2018, 08:50:46 pm
Gramps? Nope, I'm fine, I guess one was supposed to read what mind you have, to discern what in the world you were referring to. I like my list better!

Never figured you for the drinking type... goes to show what I know.

The Future

Did I read that right?
3-0 OT victory over Jacksonville?

Someone wanna give some details on this game?

Bigfootdogfan

Really, playing like that Benton may be playing someone else in the semis

WMWRECKINGCREW

HARD rain on a grass field turn it into a power running game in the mud. Ugly....May have thrown 3 passes all night. 1 TD call back for holding. 1 run kid was wide open going toward the end zone slip in mid and fumbled. Red Zone TO also int. Two more redzone no points. Kick a FG in OT to win it. The greatest 3-0 win I ever saw. Will take it....go Devils

Mr_Deb

Quote from: The Future on October 19, 2018, 10:22:48 pm
Did I read that right?
3-0 OT victory over Jacksonville?

Someone wanna give some details on this game?

I caught a bit of it on the radio sounds like Jacksonville just took it to them, that and some unfavorable weather.

Definitely not a good reflection for the offensive side of things.

Mr_Deb

Rain sleet snow tornado too much talent at WM to go scoreless.

Hopefully things go a little better against the zebras next week.

Pr8hd

IMO, you won't beat Benton, on the other side of the playoff bracket, by only scoring 3 points no matter how good your defense is.  I imagine that will be a heckuva game potentially. 

Topdog1

Benton wins that side of the bracket.  No doubt. 

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 20, 2018, 08:05:23 am
IMO, you won't beat Benton, on the other side of the playoff bracket, by only scoring 3 points no matter how good your defense is.  I imagine that will be a heckuva game potentially. 

Yea I don't think we will either, I understand the playing conditions weren't all that great but that's football. I recall us going scoreless an entire half earlier in the year and the weather was pretty splendid. They have the formula now and they've got the depth so even with the elements against me I'm not sure if I totally veer away from that.

Jacksonville deserves some credit I believe the radio guys said last night was their last game at that stadium so it probably added some type of sentiment. The bits I caught it sounded like they were stepping up and getting in the backfield, I'm guessing they loaded the box not sure but kudos to them.

I still think we have the potential to win it all, great coaches, great players but having said that when neither has a good night all that potential in the world doesn't matter... it's like having a bunch of horsepower with no means of putting it to the ground.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Mr_Deb on October 20, 2018, 09:33:41 am
Yea I don't think we will either, I understand the playing conditions weren't all that great but that's football. I recall us going scoreless an entire half earlier in the year and the weather was pretty splendid. They have the formula now and they've got the depth so even with the elements against me I'm not sure if I totally veer away from that.

Jacksonville deserves some credit I believe the radio guys said last night was their last game at that stadium so it probably added some type of sentiment. The bits I caught it sounded like they were stepping up and getting in the backfield, I'm guessing they loaded the box not sure but kudos to them.

I still think we have the potential to win it all, great coaches, great players but having said that when neither has a good night all that potential in the world doesn't matter... it's like having a bunch of horsepower with no means of putting it to the ground.

+1 well said...good luck to WM rest of the way

westmem

sweetdixie#1

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 14, 2018, 12:38:08 pm

who teech you a how to reed boy ? aint that against the laws ?

Mr_Deb

Quote from: sweetdixie#1 on October 20, 2018, 02:00:57 pm
who teech you a how to reed boy ? aint that against the laws ?

Excuse me?

Mr_Deb

October 21, 2018, 09:54:01 am #46 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:17:07 am by Mr_Deb
Well, sweetdixie I'm afraid my ability to read may have something to do with the confederacy losing the war. 

Anymore questions?

sweetdixie#1

October 21, 2018, 09:57:23 am #47 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:17:57 am by sweetdixie#1
Quote from: Mr_Deb on October 21, 2018, 09:54:01 am
Well, sweetdixie I'm afraid my ability to read may have something to do with the confederacy losing the war. 

Anymore questions?

you outta line boy ! i aint gone tolerate that fancy talk of youre's !

Mr_Deb

October 21, 2018, 09:59:54 am #48 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:13:57 am by Mr_Deb
Speaking of fancy I'm willing to bet you've partaken in a 'fancy' rally or two ;D

sweetdixie#1

heh now boy !!!!!!!! >:( you weigh two smart four youre britches !!!!!!!!! >:(

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas