• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-2018 Numbers.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, April 30, 2015, 04:23:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on May 02, 2015, 09:30:26 am
OK, my turn to take a shot at this:
Now, I like to think outside the box — take what the AAA has done and see if there's a better way of doing it. You would think that shouldn't be too hard as we had Atkins in the same conference with Marianna and Barton last year, and we still have McGehee and Lake Village going all the way across the state to play Fouke and Genoa Central (not to mention West Fork and Greenland making those trips through the hills.)
So here's what I came up with as a new 3A alignment for the next cycle.
3A-1 — Elkins, Green Forest, Greenland, Cedarville, Charleston, Mansfield, Paris, Lamar
3A-2 — Mountain View, Marshall, Melbourne, Clinton, Bald Knob, Yellville-Summit, Harding Academy, Cedar Ridge
3A-3 — Corning, Hoxie, Walnut Ridge, Manila, Osceola, Piggott, Rivercrest, Newport
3A-4 — Atkins, Two Rivers, Perryville, Mayflower, Jessieville, LR Episcopal, Benton Harmony Grove, Rose Bud
3A-5 — Fouke, Horatio, Genoa Central, Gurdon, Centerpoint, Bismarck, Prescott, Glen Rose
3A-6 — McGehee, Junction City, Drew Central, Lake Village, Smackover, Barton, Marianna, Fordyce

Granted, there are some things that aren't too easy about it.
Let's face it: Barton and Marianna are almost off by themselves. A Barton-to-Junction City trip seems crazy long, but it's not like Greenland or Elkins having to go through those curves and hills to a Mountain View or a Yellville-Summit or Marshall.
that 3a-6 would be tough.

Clara Allen

Common thought around these parts is Atkins, Clinton, Perryville, Lamar, Two Rivers, Paris, Charleston and maybe Mayflower.  Couple of long drives- charleston to Clinton and Mayflower, but otherwise decent.  Better than the Valley- Mountain division of a few cycles ago.

Jimbo Morphis

when will the new conferences be official?

rbhs8990

I just saw them on Twitter from an ADG writer.  Said schools had till middle of July to appeal. 
3A-1 Clinton, Elkins, Green Forest, Greenland, Marshall, Melbourne, Mt. View, Yellville
3A-2 Bald Knob, Harding Academy, Rose Bud, Cedar Ridge, Episcopal, Mayflower, Barton, Marianna
3A-3 Corning, Hoxie, Manila, Newport, Osceola, Piggott, Rivercrest, Walnut Ridge
3A-4 Atkins, Cedarville, Charleston, Lamar, Mansfield, Paris, Perryville, Two Rivers
3A-5 Bismarck, Centerpoint, Glen Rose, Gurdon, Benton HG, Horatio, Jessieville, Prescott
3A-6 Drew Central, Fordyce, Fouke, Genoa, Junction, Lake Village, McGehee, Smackover

They will do the combo 3A/4A basketball, softball and baseball conferences at a later date.

SouthpawSensation

Two articles you might want to read, dealing with Class 3A football reclassification:
The first one can be found here:
http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/jun/17/aaa-board-didnt-put-thought-3a-alignment/?sports-prep
The second one can be found here:
http://www.arpreps.com/found-a-better-alignment-for-3a-football/

Beaver Fever

Why doesnt Greenland just petition to play 4a if travel is such an issue? 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Beaver Fever on June 23, 2015, 06:25:15 am

Makes to much sense... haha..

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: HF on June 23, 2015, 06:31:22 am
Quote from: Beaver Fever on June 23, 2015, 06:25:15 am

Makes to much sense... haha..
It makes too much sense ... Really?
Actually, it's one of the most absurd ideas yet, because all it does is pass the buck to another school. Here's why:
If Greenland did petition to move up, somebody from 4A has to move down. The first in line to do that is Booneville.
If Booneville agreed to do it, all the AAA would do is say "let's move Booneville to the 3A-4 and Cedarville will take Greenland's spot in the 3A-1." Then Cedarville will have all the long trips.
Meanwhile, Greenland would replace Booneville in the 4A-4 and have the long trip to Pulaski Robinson (unless Waldron's appeal is successful). Not much of a trade off from going to Melbourne.

Proud Buckaroo

Why don't you write the AAA with your complaints? It just seems regardless of the idea anyone comes up with. You seem to have a reason why that wouldn't work.

Beaver Fever

Anyway you cut it somebody is gonna get the shaft. 
If they would make 8 conferences of 6 it would be easier to localize the conferences. 

Btw I like AAA alignment better then yours.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 23, 2015, 10:41:03 am
Why don't you write the AAA with your complaints? It just seems regardless of the idea anyone comes up with. You seem to have a reason why that wouldn't work.

I got it.... we all go independent, one class playoffs... randomly draw for 128 playoff positions... problem solved

Razorhummer

It's nice to see that Newport and Osceola will rekindle the rivalry in the 3-A3. ;D

RiverEagle079

I think JC and Smack should be the last game of the season when they become the same conference that would make a interesting title match for the conference champs!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on July 07, 2015, 12:42:34 am
I think JC and Smack should be the last game of the season when they become the same conference that would make a interesting title match for the conference champs!!
yup they are the only good teams in that conference.

Coltfan2005

Good to see Newport moving into the 3A-3, strengthens the conf.

Paperman

I am pretty sure Newport and Walnut Ridge will be in the 3A-3 in football. Cedar Ridge and Melbourne should move to the 3A-2 for football. Will miss Melbourne, good fans for a young program.

El Jefe

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on July 07, 2015, 12:42:34 am
JC will be battling for 3rd in that conference soon.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas