• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green Forest open?

Started by beach bum, April 30, 2015, 03:36:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

I heard that Green Forest HC came open. Its a decent job because of being in the 1-3A where you should have no problem making the playoffs year in and out if you run the program right. West Fork should be moving back up to 4A which makes the conference even more for the taking.

esgibson00

I seen the coach left to take a Jr high Coaching position. Harrison must pay pretty well if you leave an AD job, with head coach, and head track coach to become a jr high coach?

LCC

Quote from: esgibson00 on May 07, 2015, 08:59:00 am
I seen the coach left to take a Jr high Coaching position. Harrison must pay pretty well if you leave an AD job, with head coach, and head track coach to become a jr high coach?
Green Forest puts the head football coach WITH AD position on a 215 day contract. $2000 for being AD. If you're just the head football coach at Green Forest, without AD it's a 205 day contract. So, not very good pay at Green Forest.

esgibson00

Quote from: LCC on May 07, 2015, 09:55:51 am
Quote from: esgibson00 on May 07, 2015, 08:59:00 am
Green Forest puts the head football coach WITH AD position on a 215 day contract. $2000 for being AD. If you're just the head football coach at Green Forest, without AD it's a 205 day contract. So, not very good pay at Green Forest.

Makes sense

nuttinbuthogs

It seems the coaching profession is not always as well paid as people think.

Longfellow

People think 3A coaches are well payed?

we_hate_the_band

Guy made 60k last year and will make 60k+ the next year without having to be in green forest. Seems like a no brainer.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on May 08, 2015, 01:38:23 am
Guy made 60k last year and will make 60k+ the next year without having to be in green forest. Seems like a no brainer.
and without the headache of being ad and head coach.

esgibson00

Any rumors on who might get this job.

beach bum

I hear they are probably announcing their choice come early next week. Its an interesting spot because you can win in the 1-3A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on May 27, 2015, 07:44:48 pm
I hear they are probably announcing their choice come early next week. Its an interesting spot because you can win in the 1-3A.

And it's not all that far from where everyone seems to want to be...NWA

beach bum

If you live on the eastern edge of the big 4 towns in NWA its just close enough to be a reasonable drive on a daily basis. You can get to Huntsville real quick and its smooth sailing the rest of the way to the Eureka Springs, Berryville, and Green Forest area.

esgibson00

Looks like Bobby Bishop Is the New Head Coach for Athletic Director and Head Football coach at Green Forest per their facebook.

IPROFB

Quote from: esgibson00 on May 29, 2015, 05:52:40 am
Looks like Bobby Bishop Is the New Head Coach for Athletic Director and Head Football coach at Green Forest per their facebook.

I am looking forward to making the trip to watch the Carroll County Super Bowl this year. Coach Bishop is a former Berryville Coach and there is little love loss between him and the Berryville Administration. Berryville has won the last three games by less than a TD so it should be very interesting when these two rivals square off in September. GOOD LUCK BOBBY, welcome home to GFHS.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas