• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Field upgrades

Started by adaptedtigerfan, April 27, 2015, 06:37:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

adaptedtigerfan

is anyone in 3A doing any field or stadium upgrades this summer?

OLDSCHOOL82

We are getting a contract with charmin to get the fluffy soft tp for the womens bathroom.

adaptedtigerfan

Need to get a contract with Kleenex for the tears when Chucky comes to town this year.   Gonna need them again.😝

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 27, 2015, 08:37:48 am
Need to get a contract with Kleenex for the tears when Chucky comes to town this year.   Gonna need them again.

It's not gonna be a heavyweight bout this year.  More like a welter weight matchup! 

Lineman

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on April 27, 2015, 08:18:06 am
We are getting a contract with charmin to get the fluffy soft tp for the womens bathroom.
I didn't know there was indoor plumbing at Booneville.

ChucktownTiger

Old School probably outta just sit in the truck under the scoreboard for the Charleston Game. That way u can get the heck outta doge before the mass exodus occurs at half when the
cats are down! :)

-Painted Fan-

Mr.Fridaynight11

funny seeing Charleston fans cracking jokes about Booneville's facilities, because chuck town has to have some of the worst in 3A. yea the field is nice, but that's about it.

WPWells

^please tell me this guy is joking...

nastynice

Quote from: Mr.Fridaynight11 on April 27, 2015, 05:13:46 pm
funny seeing Charleston fans cracking jokes about Booneville's facilities, because chuck town has to have some of the worst in 3A. yea the field is nice, but that's about it.
No they don't. They only play 2 sports and the football field and basketball arena are a couple of the nicest.

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: nastynice on April 27, 2015, 07:52:36 pm
Quote from: Mr.Fridaynight11 on April 27, 2015, 05:13:46 pm
No they don't. They only play 2 sports and the football field and basketball arena are a couple of the nicest.
Like i said the field its self is nice no doubt, but that's the only nice thing that have.

Lineman

At least we have seats for visiting fans & a locker room our opponents to dress out in.

Longfellow

Maybe the bathroom doesn't offer the most creature comforts, but you won't find many 3A schools with nicer facilities

OLDSCHOOL82

Makes me sick to say anything positive about adapteds chucktown,  but there's nothing wrong with their facilities.  There's some dumps in the 3A conference and chucks not one of them.  I won't name towns as that should be obvious and most fans have no control over that. 

Mr.Fridaynight11

April 27, 2015, 09:25:39 pm #14 Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 04:13:19 pm by Mr.Fridaynight11
Im just giving them a hard time Oldschool  ;)

Skip Baymore

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 27, 2015, 06:37:13 am
I heard Fountain Lake is going to replace the mud with a different substance but that it hasn't yet been decided on what that will be.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Skip Baymore on April 28, 2015, 12:19:23 am
I heard Fountain Lake is going to replace the mud with a different substance but that it hasn't yet been decided on what that will be.

Fountain Lake is 4A and also it was turfed several years ago.  I have only been there once and i dont remember any mud.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on April 28, 2015, 08:11:55 am

Fountain Lake is 4A and also it was turfed several years ago.  I have only been there once and i dont remember any mud.
Glad they did something about that.  Actually, Im thinking of a few years back, and more, when they were 3A.  Really good football program but had a dreadful field sometimes. 

-Painted Fan-

"Charleston only plays 2 sports"?!
I realize you're trying to be cute and funny, but your lack of knowledge is amazing.
Charleston has just added Archery and Girls Volleyball to the list of school sports. I know we may be a little down at the moment in baseball/softball, but have enjoyed recent success in those. Even have a few student athletes that have gone on to play at the collegiate level (have one playing right now actually).
The Girls Golf team at Charleston has all but equalled the football team the past 3 years, with Conference/District Championships as well as a State Champion/Runner Up that time frame.

-Painted Fan-

Fountain Lake was the first 3A school to install turf to their football stadium (I'm not counting Harding Academy, which uses the Harding University field). Charleston was 2nd. Benton Harmony Grove was 3rd.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Skip Baymore on April 29, 2015, 12:15:57 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on April 28, 2015, 08:11:55 am

Glad they did something about that.  Actually, Im thinking of a few years back, and more, when they were 3A.  Really good football program but had a dreadful field sometimes.

They had the turf when they where 3A.  I belive it was 2010 when i was there.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 29, 2015, 05:30:12 am
Fountain Lake was the first 3A school to install turf to their football stadium (I'm not counting Harding Academy, which uses the Harding University field). Charleston was 2nd. Benton Harmony Grove was 3rd.

Glen Rose has turf on their field now, as well.

adaptedtigerfan

I figure with Smackover getting that extra $ from Norphlet..   They will have a red horse shoe in the middle of their new turf field

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover has been offered to get turf, or whatever upgrades they needed. They were offered by a local to do construction on the field, and just send him the bill.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 29, 2015, 04:29:34 pm
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 29, 2015, 05:30:12 am

Glen Rose has turf on their field now, as well.

Despite all the bad stuff that surrounds that program that have a very nice stadium....

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 29, 2015, 05:38:12 pm
Smackover has been offered to get turf, or whatever upgrades they needed. They were offered by a local to do construction on the field, and just send him the bill.

Was my "source" right in telling me that the Visitors sideline will still be flooded even 6 weeks after a slight rain? and the middle of the field will still be muddy for the Playoff games this year?

nastynice

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 29, 2015, 05:26:08 am
"Charleston only plays 2 sports"?!
I realize you're trying to be cute and funny, but your lack of knowledge is amazing.
Charleston has just added Archery and Girls Volleyball to the list of school sports. I know we may be a little down at the moment in baseball/softball, but have enjoyed recent success in those. Even have a few student athletes that have gone on to play at the collegiate level (have one playing right now actually).
The Girls Golf team at Charleston has all but equalled the football team the past 3 years, with Conference/District Championships as well as a State Champion/Runner Up that time frame.
Where do they play their home matches? Little Creek?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas