• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serious Question

Started by WPWells, April 18, 2015, 11:33:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

How many of Smackover's runner backs are back this year?

BUCK FEVER

all but "one"......manning at full back is gone, evryone one else is back....I would assume (and i know what that spells)...that Trevor Eppinette #44 would be first in line for that starting full back spot as he was in JRhigh.............but you never know with more kids now they try and have as many one way starters as possible, so he could just play defense only again if some one else steps up at fullback, just not sure who it would be.........as for as tail backs they are blessed with them...but # 8 K.Purifoy and #5 Dewayne Jones will tote the rock 80% percent of the Time ....MicheaL Edwards # 3 has blazing track speed......#16 MARQUES WHITE another speedster could have started last year for 90 percent of the teams in 6-3 but because of the high talent level at that position he probably wont start there this year his senior, but will get plenty of touches, and a great back up....Jordan Jones, multi talented , needs to touch the ball more this year , as part time QB,as part time tailback, as part time reciever, don't matter just gets the ball in his hands often enough and good things happen..............Willie Davis is back for his senior year good speed and talent....moving up from jr high...3 good backs, but the cream of the crop would be T. RUCKS from jr high, he could possibly play full back, but most kids don't want to when they been use to playing tail back...willie Davis could play some fullback................THE BUCKS HAVE PLENTY OF BACKS.

WPWells

So last year you had 22 runner backs. Take away 1. So you'll have 21 runner backs this year

adaptedtigerfan

As long as they have #8 Purifoy they will be just fine.  Gonna miss their best receiver in Hempstead and the QB

Skip Baymore

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 18, 2015, 09:36:14 pm
all but "one"......manning at full back is gone, evryone one else is back....I would assume (and i know what that spells)...that Trevor Eppinette #44 would be first in line for that starting full back spot as he was in JRhigh.............but you never know with more kids now they try and have as many one way starters as possible, so he could just play defense only again if some one else steps up at fullback, just not sure who it would be.........as for as tail backs they are blessed with them...but # 8 K.Purifoy and #5 Dewayne Jones will tote the rock 80% percent of the Time ....MicheaL Edwards # 3 has blazing track speed......#16 MARQUES WHITE another speedster could have started last year for 90 percent of the teams in 6-3 but because of the high talent level at that position he probably wont start there this year his senior, but will get plenty of touches, and a great back up....Jordan Jones, multi talented , needs to touch the ball more this year , as part time QB,as part time tailback, as part time reciever, don't matter just gets the ball in his hands often enough and good things happen..............Willie Davis is back for his senior year good speed and talent....moving up from jr high...3 good backs, but the cream of the crop would be T. RUCKS from jr high, he could possibly play full back, but most kids don't want to when they been use to playing tail back...willie Davis could play some fullback................THE BUCKS HAVE PLENTY OF BACKS.
No doubt that the Bucks have a couple of guys who wont start at R.B. but would for 75% of anybody else in 3A.  Could be one of the speedier teams weve seen in a while in 3A.  Im just wondering if the offensive line will drop off some and how much.  But speed makes up for a lot.  Skipper. 

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 18, 2015, 10:58:25 pm
As long as they have #8 Purifoy they will be just fine.  Gonna miss their best receiver in Hempstead and the QB
ELMO, was a fine reciever, but i'm not sure he was better than JORDAN, Jordan drew everybody best defenders which opened Elmo UP MORE, that help Elmo alot, many games games jordan was doubled and Elmo had a cake walk, not takeng anything away from his ability he was very good

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 18, 2015, 10:54:10 pm
So last year you had 22 runner backs. Take away 1. So you'll have 21 runner backs this year

LOL, not sure about 22 last year.....but there will be no lack of running backs,they will be deep,...................the concern folks seem to have have about the O-LINE is unfounded this will be the same line that went undefeated as 7th graders and only lost one game in the 9th grade, then add some norphlets kids to that group and add a big quality senior to be transfer that has just arrived, combined to smackovers quickness to hit a hole, the BUCKS will be fine, we  need to see  BO Burson TO STEP UP TO HIS FULL ABILITY and offset the loss of Logan at qb , I HAVE FAITH IN THE KID, AND i'M thinking he and JORDAN will share time at QB, jmo.

BUCK FEVER

April 19, 2015, 01:10:02 pm #7 Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:12:10 pm by BUCK FEVER
The Bucks DEFENSE WILL BE STOUT................STATS FROM THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

SMACKOVER..........................RETURNING STARTERS FOR 2015

PLAYER SOLO  AST. TOT.

Eppinette 9 3 12
Burson 7 3 10
Purifoy 4 5 9
W.Davis 3 4 7

Clark 4 2 6...............NOTE: CLARK TOOK DEWAYNE  JONES DEF POS WHEN DJ WENT OUT INJURED 
White 3 3 6
J.Jones 1 1 2
m EDWARDS 1 2 3

SACKS-YDS
Eppinnette 2-16
TACKLES FOR LOSS
Eppinnette 2-16,

Skip Baymore

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 19, 2015, 12:26:07 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 18, 2015, 10:54:10 pm

LOL, not sure about 22 last year.....but there will be no lack of running backs,they will be deep,...................the concern folks seem to have have about the O-LINE is unfounded this will be the same line that went undefeated as 7th graders and only lost one game in the 9th grade, then add some norphlets kids to that group and add a big quality senior to be transfer that has just arrived, combined to smackovers quickness to hit a hole, the BUCKS will be fine, we  need to see  BO Burson TO STEP UP TO HIS FULL ABILITY and offset the loss of Logan at qb , I HAVE FAITH IN THE KID, AND i'M thinking he and JORDAN will share time at QB, jmo.
Im not saying the O-line wont be good.  Im just wondering if they will be AS good as last years.  And I can name a few familiar teams, and recent state champions,  who have those undefeated or one loss records through junior high in 3A.  I don't think Smackovers line will be a big question mark.  Im just thinking it probably wont be quite as good as last years. 

footballfanatic2

Smackover lost all 5 starters on the line. They might be okay next year, but it will be the big question mark coming into the season.

AmSycho

Another serious question....what's a runner back?

WPWells

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AmSycho on April 23, 2015, 09:13:17 am
Another serious question....what's a runner back?

You've never heard of a runner back?

Jimbo Morphis

i googled runner back and it said. smackover

AmSycho

Make sense, Oldman. Thank you for clearing that up for me. 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas