• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris - transfers into district?

Started by Truthfully, April 13, 2015, 05:49:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I heard that the esteemed Professor Kendrick was going to be teaching classes for a select group of parents to ensure that they qualify to work in the factory

Longfellow

I thought I heard something about Painted Fan teaching a cosmetology course? And then opening a salon so the mothers wouldn't have to work at the factory

HSFBF

I did hear a power company is installing about 150 of those 200 foot tall windmill electric generating towers outside Charleston with the large white blades rotating in the wind. It can supply up to 5000KW hours of electricity a day to a community. Someone else said it would call attention to where Charleston is from 3 miles away in all directions so that you don't miss it if you drive through and blink a couple of times.  ;D

The plus side is all the construction crews coming into town will bring in about 350 workers for the next 3 years. Unfortunately not enough apartments or houses to rent, so very little possibility to add to the student enrollment. The fast food joints will be flooded with business, another plus, however all the wrecks will slow down traffic so much that you can blink thousands of times and still not be through the downtown area on Hiway 22. Charleston really needs a bypass around town to speed up traffic through it!  That requires MORE crews and working people. Heck, Charleston MIGHT get up to 4000 people and move up to 5A soon .....

adaptedtigerfan

You are catching on quick.   It's a windmill factory!

WPWells

We're building several high rise apartments around the lake

HSFBF

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 21, 2015, 01:37:16 pm
We're building several high rise apartments around the lake
Lake??   I love fishing and boating.. Now, just where is Charleston located? I know where Paris, Chismville and Bloomer are... Where is Charleston in relation to those towns?  Might just get a weekend cabin on the lake there!

adaptedtigerfan

If you can find Chismville & Bloomer I'm sure you can find Charleston.   Just ask around

BigMan15

Havent been on here in a while but i do know of someone coming to Paris for football but hes not a qb..

adaptedtigerfan

Well they r crazy to want to go to Paris for football.  That's for sure.

WPWells

Y'all should check out the new Charleston Methodist School and the Wells Apartment Complex. It has a lake view!

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: BigMan15 on April 21, 2015, 02:52:14 pm
Havent been on here in a while but i do know of someone coming to Paris for football but hes not a qb..
OH YES YES....that was pretty much confirmed to us over the past weekend! Super excited, great fit....

adaptedtigerfan

Well let's hear it...  Who is the savior of the Eagles?

-Painted Fan-

Does he live in Clarksville as well?
Maybe they could carpool.

BigMan15

Lol..he already lives in the district but went to Subi

RTF

I am surprised someone from Subi would transfer to Paris, it is usually the other way around (which hurts Paris).

BigMan15

He used to go to Paris..so I guess the parents made the decision to come back

papaeagle

From what I hear, that is correct.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigMan15 on April 23, 2015, 01:37:14 pm
He used to go to Paris..so I guess the parents made the decision to come back

Don't know about you, but 7500 a year for private schooling is a bit steep on my budget...

adaptedtigerfan

No doubt...   I looked the other day and a student to live on campus there it's $25,000 a year.

Jacketman65

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 24, 2015, 10:46:21 pm
No doubt...   I looked the other day and a student to live on campus there it's $25,000 a year.
Ouch!  I did not know that it had gotten that expensive.

ChucktownTiger

Paris needs a lot more than a move in or two!

RTF

Really? I wonder how much difference it would have made if Ty Storey was not at Charleston... so yah one move in could make a huge difference.

Longfellow

So this is a top rated prospect. He's gonna have offers from Arkansas, auburn, Bama, and Louisville?? Is he really that good?

RTF

I have no idea..... I was just making a point.

BigMan15

He wont be D1 or D2 but he will be a solid player also with the addition of two players who didnt play last year..i look for Paris to finish 3rd or 4th in the conference!! So nothing exciting

-Painted Fan-

I think Charleston, Booneville, and Lamar own those top 3 spots. Everyone else is playing for the final 2 playoff spots.

adaptedtigerfan

Who is this masked foe that you speak so highly of?   

Chalant

Curious why people are coming back to Paris after leaving and guys who quit are coming back out. What's different this year?

beach bum

May 02, 2015, 02:38:01 pm #78 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 02:43:10 pm by beach bum
Lamar, Charleston, and Booneville will obviously be the top 3. Following them will be Paris, Danville, and Lavaca battling for the final 2 playoff spots. Mansfield and Two Rivers fighting for any conference win they can get.... so basically there shouldn't be a lot of change. Lavaca and Danville are welcoming the move to 2A in 2016. Especially if Danville joins Lavaca in the 4-2A those 2 teams will roll through that conference. And the 4-3A is very up in the air as to what it will look like with the departure of Booneville to 4A again in 2016.

eagle-fan

Quote from: Chalant on May 02, 2015, 02:16:50 pm
Curious why people are coming back to Paris after leaving and guys who quit are coming back out. What's different this year?
One young man who plays football and basketball decided he did not want to play for Subi after spending a year there. One other wanted to play basketball only, so stayed. He was not a football guy. That is the situation with the athletes.
    On other 'people' moving back to Paris, maybe it is the $20,000 per family that moves in and stays 3 years...  ;D  ;D   I don't know of whom you speak with that regard. Maybe the factory is hiring more people or the Walmart distribution center needs more workers...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on May 02, 2015, 02:38:01 pm
Lamar, Charleston, and Booneville will obviously be the top 3. Following them will be Paris, Danville, and Lavaca battling for the final 2 playoff spots.

Sounds about right...If Danville can keep the talent from transferring(Heard that they are starting to see some students transfer out due to the Hispanic Population, may be completely false for all I know though), they could beat one of the "Big 3"....

Mansfield and Two Rivers fighting for any conference win they can get.... so basically there shouldn't be a lot of change.

Probably so...

Lavaca and Danville are welcoming the move to 2A in 2016. Especially if Danville joins Lavaca in the 4-2A those 2 teams will roll through that conference.
Only team good enough to beat them in the Current 4-2A Is Hector....

And the 4-3A is very up in the air as to what it will look like with the departure of Booneville to 4A again in 2016.

Booneville going up, Danville and Lavaca dropping down.....Almost a guarantee that half the conference will be "new" to the 4-3A next year...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas