• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover School colors/mascot

Started by BUCK FEVER, January 24, 2015, 08:43:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BUCK FEVER

January 24, 2015, 08:43:49 pm Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:45:46 pm by BUCK FEVER
After months of anticipation and debate about the Bucks and Leopards consolidation , many folks from Norphlet wanted the Buckaroo mascot changed and the color RED added to the all athlectic and band uniforms....the saga has finally ended  at the last school board meeting...Smackover wins out in a 5-2 vote, it is official..SMACKOVER will remain the BUCKAROOS and no color changes.....so the BUCKS will be back in BLACK and WHITE .....first week in Sept when the purple & gold dragons from JUNCTION CITY roll into smacktown for another union county war.......I was starting to get a little excited with anticipation then i suddenly  remembered this is JANUARY .

war cardinals

Change it to what ? And why would they want to change are mascot when they consolated with us

BigBrother

A red and white polka dot house would have been great. Mascot leaparoos or buckards lol. Only norplet would jump from a sinking ship to a flagship  and expect  to change things. Shesh be glad they took ya lls losing program in.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: war cardinals on January 28, 2015, 08:55:19 am
Change it to what ? And why would they want to change are mascot when they consolated with us

It wasn't a forced consolidation. Norphlet came to Smackover and asked for help. That's why the color change, and mascot change was in the question.

Juco soldier

losing program is hardly what I would say, they made 3 straight playoffs in JC's conference with barely enough kids to play each season, that says a lot. And they beat Smackover one of those years too.  Don't knock the program that did a lot with what they had.

KOJACK

I think they should change their mascot to the bridesmaids. The Smacktown Bridesmaids kinda has a ring to it...maybe it's just me ;D

adaptedtigerfan

Know KOJACK.....   You gotta give em a little credit...  Maid of honor would be better.

Lionheart88

It would make perfect sense to add a little red trim or something.  Too bad for Norphlet.

BUCK FEVER

Usually never happens when one school consolidates with another,,,, just like STRONG-HUTTIG, still blue and white and still the Bulldogs, even when the CAMDEN PANTHERS consolidated with CAMDEN FAIRVIEW, still red and white and still the cardinals..........this list goes on and on with the same results nearly every time.

BUCK FEVER

plus lets face it..oil runs deep in Smackover..oil is black.....not red.

Lionheart88

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on February 06, 2015, 08:16:22 pm
Usually never happens when one school consolidates with another,,,, just like STRONG-HUTTIG, still blue and white and still the Bulldogs, even when the CAMDEN PANTHERS consolidated with CAMDEN FAIRVIEW, still red and white and still the cardinals..........this list goes on and on with the same results nearly every time.
Plenty of counterexamples, I'm sure.  Palestine-Wheatley and North Little Rock come to mind.

BUCK FEVER

February 07, 2015, 07:16:21 am #11 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:27:19 am by BUCK FEVER
OLD UNION /Eldorado.....still purple and WHITE...still the Wildcats

Stephens/Camden fairview....still red and white...still the cardinal

most all of NORTH LOUISANNA/ JUNCTION CITY... still purple and gold..still DRAGONS  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JUST KIDDIN BLUDOG...TAKE A CHILL PILL !!!!.....LOL.

adaptedtigerfan

A red mule shoe wouldn't look bad on those black helmets.  :)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on February 07, 2015, 07:16:21 am

most all of NORTH LOUISANNA/ JUNCTION CITY... still purple and gold..still DRAGONS  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Union was a forced consolidation...Stephens was a forced consolidation..Huttig was a forced consolidation...Pretty sure that the Fairview and Camden consolidation was pretty much fored as well...

I understand where you are coming from, but you are trying to compare apples to oranges...

Proud Buckaroo

Exactly what I said. Norphlet came to Smackover an asked for help. It wasn't forced. Norphlet asked for help because they knew if they were forced that the state would make them go to El Dorado. Most of the community didn't want that. So they went to Smackover before that happened. It was an agreed consolidation.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 07, 2015, 01:44:33 pm
Exactly what I said. Norphlet came to Smackover an asked for help. It wasn't forced. Norphlet asked for help because they knew if they were forced that the state would make them go to El Dorado. Most of the community didn't want that. So they went to Smackover before that happened. It was an agreed consolidation.

Aren't Norphlet and Smackover fairly close together anyway?

Proud Buckaroo

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 07, 2015, 01:44:33 pm

IIRC, the correct term is "annexation".   That is when one school closes and the students go to another school.

consolidation would be when two schools are combined and a new one created.   As in Lewisville and Stamps were combined to create Lafayette County school district.

Yeah, everyone says consolidation in both cases anyway.

Lionheart88

I'm not trying to start an argument.  I'm not saying Smackover had to, or should have, or anything like that.  I'm just saying that a minor concession towards Norphlet would go a long way towards making the transition smoother.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 07, 2015, 05:39:45 pm

I'm not trying to start an argument.  I'm not saying Smackover had to, or should have, or anything like that.  I'm just saying that a minor concession towards Norphlet would go a long way towards making the transition smoother.

It actually has been a very smooth transition, everyone seems pretty happy about how things are going, was just a hand full of old diehard Leopard fans wanted the color/mascot changed, I understand there feelings.........but it was just not going to happen in Smackover, .......But honestly if they had added a small red accent on the the jersey or pants it would not have bothered me.............I do know this, they are coming out with an all new Helmet NEXT  SEASON AND I UNDERSTAND THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE REALLY AWESOME, SO WHO KNOWS MAYBE SOME CONCEESSIONS WERE MADE, we will just have to wait and see, but one fact remains the Buckaroo mascot will continue.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on February 07, 2015, 08:55:54 pm

It actually has been a very smooth transition, everyone seems pretty happy about how things are going, was just a hand full of old diehard Leopard fans wanted the color/mascot changed, I understand there feelings.........but it was just not going to happen in Smackover, .......But honestly if they had added a small red accent on the the jersey or pants it would not have bothered me.............I do know this, they are coming out with an all new Helmet NEXT  SEASON AND I UNDERSTAND THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE REALLY AWESOME, SO WHO KNOWS MAYBE SOME CONCEESSIONS WERE MADE, we will just have to wait and see, but one fact remains the Buckaroo mascot will continue.

What Happens if the new helmet has a Paw print on it instead of a Colts symbol?

Lionheart88

bleudog

Quote from: HF on February 07, 2015, 11:08:03 pm

HF, I hear a helmet something like this could be in the works:

JUST KIDDIN BUCKY...TAKE A CHILL PILL !!!!.....LOL.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on February 08, 2015, 09:25:31 am
Quote from: HF on February 07, 2015, 11:08:03 pm

HF, I hear a helmet something like this could be in the works:

JUST KIDDIN BUCKY...TAKE A CHILL PILL !!!!.....LOL.

Bahaha...that's great

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas