• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD- 4A BOYS FINALS(Thur 7:00) Baptist Prep vs Malvern

Started by Brian G, March 06, 2016, 02:22:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Baptist Prep
34 (59.6%)
Malvern
23 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:37:13 pm

Brian G

more info to follow

pridgehog

Should be a good game, I think Andre Jones will need about 40Pts for Malvern to win. He is capable of scoring 40. With that said, I say Baptist by 4 pts...

beaverfan007

Baptist better come with there shows tied up and ready to run Malvern by 7

LRRandy

You see, that's just the thing. I think it has been teams intention to run them all year. It hasn't worked yet. What in your mind makes Malvern equipped to run our big men. Make no mistake, I saw the Monticello v Malvern game. Your diminutive guard is is very quick. Andre Jones is an exceptional talent and was fun to watch. The Baptist Prep defense is playing really well. It will be hard to get to, much less finish at the basket against that zone. Try and run. The only way to win is to hit a VERY high % of your three point shots and hope Baptist Prep is not hitting their shots. Anything can happen in a one game scenario. But...... What's going to happen is Baptist Prep by 12.   63-51 good guys.

So let it be written
        So let it be done

Soupgirl79

Gosh you guys seriously underestimate those Leopards. #0 is small but quick and tough. #11 can drop 3's from anywhere. I've seen you guys talk of a Hughes and Jones. Don't sleep on #22. He's strong in the paint and getting more rebounds every game.  Malvern by 8

pridgehog

Malvern has not seen two 7 footers on the floor at one time, I think they will get frustrated and have trouble solving the Zone. Like I said, Jones has to score 35/40 or they have no chance at all...

THE D.O.C

Quote from: LRRandy on March 08, 2016, 07:10:49 pm
You see, that's just the thing. I think it has been teams intention to run them all year. It hasn't worked yet. What in your mind makes Malvern equipped to run our big men. Make no mistake, I saw the Monticello v Malvern game. Your diminutive guard is is very quick. Andre Jones is an exceptional talent and was fun to watch. The Baptist Prep defense is playing really well. It will be hard to get to, much less finish at the basket against that zone. Try and run. The only way to win is to hit a VERY high % of your three point shots and hope Baptist Prep is not hitting their shots. Anything can happen in a one game scenario. But...... What's going to happen is Baptist Prep by 12.   63-51 good guys.

So let it be written
        So let it be done
You use the word diminutive so disrespectfully of this young man.

beaverfan007

They will put Jones on 1 7 footer and goines on the other and it will be a game for the ages

Ozark Hog

Just because you put someone on them does not mean they can guard them. No way Jones can stop the big boy if he gets the ball on the low block without fouling him.

LRRandy

Quote from: THE D.O.C on March 09, 2016, 11:47:10 am
noun
noun: diminutive; plural noun: diminutives
a smaller or shorter thing, in particular.

That's the definition. I used it as a descriptive. You took it as disrespect. That's your mind, not mine.

Ozark Hog

Most people can not comprehend what it is trying to play against two 7 footers until they come face to face with the reality of doing so. It is easy to set on side line and say what they would do, but whole different deal when they actually have to do it.
At this stage of the season, I am pretty sure every coach that has gone against BP was sure their strategy was the way to beat them, so far it has not happen.
Most think they can wear them down with an uptempo game, well how has that worked out for them. Malvern is not going to show them anything they have not seen before.
The problems that BP present is that it is hard to trap them because the guards always have an outlet by throwing it to big boys and once across the half court they then control the pace. The two twins are as good as guards in 4-A, they will take you to hole or step back and bury a 3. Both of the big boys are tough down low hard to shoot over them, hard to get second shoot. They have a freshman coming off the bench that could start for any team in 4-A he is hard to guard, plus they have a decent bench if someone gets in foul trouble.
Then there is the fact that BP has played a tough out of conference schedule this year and I can assure you that they faced several team a whole lot better than Malvern.
Let me say I do not have a dog in this fight, since my team is not in it, but I have watched this team play several times this year and they do not get rattled even when things are not going their way.
Question for LRRandy, do you have a son that plays for BP?

THE D.O.C

Quote from: LRRandy on March 09, 2016, 01:20:32 pm
noun
noun: diminutive; plural noun: diminutives
a smaller or shorter thing, in particular.

That's the definition. I used it as a descriptive. You took it as disrespect. That's your mind, not mine.
Here are other descriptions of the word straight from the dictionary:  : tiny, petite, elfin, minute, miniature, mini, minuscule, compact, pocket, toy, midget, undersized,
AND YOU FEEL LIKE THAT WAS THE APPROPIATE WORD TO USE

LRRandy

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 09, 2016, 01:48:56 pm
Most people can not comprehend what it is trying to play against two 7 footers until they come face to face with the reality of doing so. It is easy to set on side line and say what they would do, but whole different deal when they actually have to do it.
At this stage of the season, I am pretty sure every coach that has gone against BP was sure their strategy was the way to beat them, so far it has not happen.
Most think they can wear them down with an uptempo game, well how has that worked out for them. Malvern is not going to show them anything they have not seen before.
The problems that BP present is that it is hard to trap them because the guards always have an outlet by throwing it to big boys and once across the half court they then control the pace. The two twins are as good as guards in 4-A, they will take you to hole or step back and bury a 3. Both of the big boys are tough down low hard to shoot over them, hard to get second shoot. They have a freshman coming off the bench that could start for any team in 4-A he is hard to guard, plus they have a decent bench if someone gets in foul trouble.
Then there is the fact that BP has played a tough out of conference schedule this year and I can assure you that they faced several team a whole lot better than Malvern.
Let me say I do not have a dog in this fight, since my team is not in it, but I have watched this team play several times this year and they do not get rattled even when things are not going their way.
yes. I have watched this group of seniors play since 5th grade. It has been a fun ride. I hope the outcome of tomorrow's game makes it funerer.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 09, 2016, 01:48:56 pm
Ozark Hog you make it seem like they're undefeated in state, they lost to Ozark and won by 3 the other time they played them. Did they beat Benton, PA and why was Dover win so close. Just because they played teams out of state doesn't make them that much better than teams in State. Most of the kids on Malvern played AAU ball so they understand higher level of competition.

Ozark Hog

That's why they play the game we shall see. Well aware of Ozark game, the 3 pointers were falling that night. Like I said not a dog in this fight. Personally I could care less who wins the game. I have my option just like you do I was not asking for you to agree with me.

Gray lizard

BP can be beat, but I do not look for it to happen.  Shoot lights out from 3 land and turn them over 10 to 15 times and a win is possible.  They have more than the two big boys.  If the young man that chews his mouth guard is on they are almost unstoppable.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 09, 2016, 02:55:29 pm
BP can be beat, but I do not look for it to happen.  Shoot lights out from 3 land and turn them over 10 to 15 times and a win is possible.  They have more than the two big boys.  If the young man that chews his mouth guard is on they are almost unstoppable.
Yeah the kid with the goggles, now you're telling me something

Ozark Hog

LRRandy

Quote from: THE D.O.C on March 09, 2016, 02:03:42 pm
Here are other descriptions of the word straight from the dictionary:  : tiny, petite, elfin, minute, miniature, mini, minuscule, compact, pocket, toy, midget, undersized,
AND YOU FEEL LIKE THAT WAS THE APPROPIATE WORD TO USE
you're one of them politically correct, walk on egg shell types huh. You are just looking to be offended. I said nothing derogatory.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: LRRandy on March 09, 2016, 03:52:37 pm
you're one of them politically correct, walk on egg shell types huh. You are just looking to be offended. I said nothing derogatory.
Naaaaaa, LOL I'm just manufacturing emotions. Gotta find something to get'm going.

LRRandy

Quote from: THE D.O.C on March 09, 2016, 04:57:48 pm
Naaaaaa, LOL I'm just manufacturing emotions. Gotta find something to get'm going.
i can live with that. Looking forward to a good game tomorrow.

Lrbasketballguru

mijally

The word "diminutive" does not have a negative or positive connotation. If the word is negative to you then that is because you have a personal bias, prejudice and negative feeling toward things that are small. 

LRRandy

Quote from: mijally on March 10, 2016, 09:05:26 am
The word "diminutive" does not have a negative or positive connotation. If the word is negative to you then that is because you have a personal bias, prejudice and negative feeling toward things that are small.
thanks. I didn't intend it to be negative. Others took it that way.

Knight pride

Gray lizard

Brian G

http://fac.hsu.edu/mitchet/livestats/aaa/bk/4ab/xlive.htm

That is a live stat link.

For central AR, check KARZ and the CW channel for tv.  It appears the NWA area stations didn't pick up the FF telecast.

mtindian42

HighSchoolRecruiter

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 10, 2016, 12:53:50 pm
Anyone?

I think on channel 28 or 38 on Dish network, I don't know though. That is what some other people were talking about on a different topic.

HorseFeathers

BigLion10

Rocket23

Knight pride

HorseFeathers

Ctucker

Jones just needs to got the hole big guys are to slow to stop him. Freshman for prep is good!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on March 10, 2016, 07:27:29 pm
Jones just needs to got the hole big guys are to slow to stop him. Freshman for prep is good!

Number?

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Rocket23

#5 Issac McBride.

Andre Jones is up to the hype.  He is a player.

Mr. Trill

itsslim

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Mr. Trill on March 10, 2016, 07:38:45 pm
Who is that tall guy and how tall is he?

The vanover brothers...tallest is 7'3 I believe...dunno about the oldest one though

Mr. Trill

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Malvern has come out during on all cyclinders...33-32 with 5 minutes in 3

AirWarren

Quote from: THE D.O.C on March 09, 2016, 11:47:10 am

Well. He is a diminutive guy.

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas