• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A Boy's Standings & Scores

Started by dodger, January 04, 2016, 03:11:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dodger

As of 1/3 according to Max Preps with a few corrections.  Not positive that all the overall records are complete, but the conference standings should be right.

Dardanelle 11-3, 3-0
Pottsville 10-2, 2-0
Baptist Prep 5-7, 1-0
Ozark 9-5, 1-1
Robinson 2-7, 1-1
Dover 6-3, 0-2
Clinton 6-7, 0-2
Subiaco Academy 3-6, 0-2

This Week's Games:
Tuesday, 1/5
Baptist Prep at Clinton
Dover at Ozark
Robinson at Pottsville
Subiaco at County Line (non-conference)

Friday, 1/8
Dardanelle at Baptist Prep
Dover at Clinton
Ozark at Pottsville
Subiaco at Robinson

Gray lizard

Thanks for the update.
Basketball is really hard to keep up with scores and rankings.

dodger

UPDATED 1/6:

Pottsville 11-2, 3-0
Dardanelle 11-3, 3-0
Baptist Prep 6-7, 2-0
Ozark 10-5, 2-1
Robinson 2-8, 1-2
Subiaco Academy 3-7, 0-2
Dover 6-4, 0-3
Clinton 6-8, 0-3

This Week's Games:
Tuesday, 1/5
Baptist Prep 66, Clinton 52
Ozark 58, Dover 43
Pottsville 51, Robinson 44
County Line 49, Subiaco 35 (non-conference)

Friday, 1/8
Dardanelle at Baptist Prep
Dover at Clinton
Ozark at Pottsville
Subiaco at Robinson

LRRandy

Thanks for doing this dodger. It makes it easy for us to keep up with records/standings. I appreciate it.

LRRandy

Halftime

Baptist Prep 42

Dardanelle  7

LRRandy

End of third q

Baptist prep 54

Dard. 16

LRRandy

dodger

UPDATED SUNDAY, 1/10

Baptist Prep 8-7, 3-0
Pottsville 11-3, 3-1
Dardanelle 11-4, 3-1
Ozark 11-5, 3-1
Robinson 3-8, 2-2
Dover 7-4, 1-3
Subiaco Academy 3-8, 0-3
Clinton 6-9, 0-4

Friday, 1/8 Scores
Baptist Prep 58, Dardanelle 25
Dover 61, Clinton 55
Ozark 58, Pottsville 43
Robinson 63, Subiaco Academy 52

Tuesday, 1/12 Schedule
Baptist Prep at Robinson
Clinton at Pottsville
Dardanelle at Dover
Ozark at Subiaco Academy

Gray lizard

Dang Dardanelle must not have matched up very well against BP.  What happened?  Players out or something.  Was it just the size difference?

Thanks again for keeping up with the scores.

LRRandy

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 11, 2016, 07:52:25 am
Dang Dardanelle must not have matched up very well against BP.  What happened?  Players out or something.  Was it just the size difference?

Thanks again for keeping up with the scores.
i think it was a combination of things. First was payback. Dardanelle beat Baptist Prep in the regional last year and the boys were really focused on playing well. The BP team executed at a high level, no sloppy play and great defensive intensity. Luster started cold. I don't think he scored until the third quarter. As he goes, so goes Dardanelle. The officials were calling fouls when the BP bigs were getting mugged. Usually the Vanovers size is held against them and opposing teams are allowed to get away with excessive pushing/grabbing. This crew called fouls when the Dardanelle players mugged our bigs. It was a blowout in every sense of the word.

The Coach

January 11, 2016, 08:52:38 pm #10 Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:54:24 pm by The Coach
Baptist bigs were absolutely NOT getting mugged!! Not at any point were they mugged.  They are so much bigger that it didn't matter who guarded them they scored. BP was the better team in every aspect of the game and that's why they won.

LRRandy

Final

Baptist Prep. 51

Robinson       32

TheOfficial

eagle1

Ozark beat Subi 52-51.
Anyone have Clinton-Pottsville result?

hogfan101

Pottsville beat Clinton on 3 at buzzer.

ballmember

Didnt Clinton lead for a lot of 4th quarter.   thought they might have won. 

hogsnout

Dardanelle getting beat up this year and other than post play not much to look forward to in next couple of years.

LRRandy

Halftime

Dover  12

Baptist Prep   20

LRRandy

End of third q

Dover. 19

Baptist Prep  34

LRRandy

Final

Dover  32

Baptist Prep   43

hogfan101

eagle1

Dodger, where did you go with the updates?

1/18
Baptist Prep 10-7; 5-0
Pottsville 13-3; 5-1
Ozark 13-5; 5-1
Dardanelle 11-6; 3-3
Dover 8-5; 2-4
Robinson 3-10; 2-4
Subiaco 3-9; 1-4
Clinton 6-11; 0-6

Please correct if any record is not correct.

LRRandy

Quote from: eagle1 on January 19, 2016, 12:41:13 pm
Dodger, where did you go with the updates?

1/18
Baptist Prep 10-7; 5-0
Pottsville 13-3; 5-1
Ozark 13-5; 5-1
Dardanelle 11-6; 3-3
Dover 8-5; 2-4
Robinson 3-10; 2-4
Subiaco 3-9; 1-4
Clinton 6-11; 0-6

Please correct if any record is not correct.
thats funny. I wondered about dodger also. Thanks for posting Eagle1.

Looks to be a big game in Pottsville tonight as  Baptist Prep heads west on I-40 to take on Pottsville. I'll be there.

LRRandy

End 1 q

Baptist Prep. 12

Pottsville 5

LRRandy

End 3

Baptist prep  38

Pottsville. 29

hogfan101

Clinton picks up first conference win with 69-48 rout of Pulaski Robinson.

WattsOzark

LRRandy

Final

Baptist Prep  56

Pottsville   46

LRRandy

Gray lizard

Quote from: LRRandy on January 19, 2016, 08:44:49 pm
Final

Baptist Prep  56

Pottsville   46

I got to see this game in person.  That kind of height is tough to beat.  Not sure I understand their game plan with two 7 footers, but they seem to be winning.  What grade are the big boys in?  They both need a little weight on them.

Ozark Hog

Must have may be pretty  intense, I heard they thew a Baptist fan out of the game. I was told that the girls senior high coach and a lady from Baptist were arguing in stand on the Baptist side of the gym and the superintend thew her out. They said she was mad about a hard foul on one of the Baptist players.

Gray lizard

She was removed from the game during the boys game.  Not sure of the reason other than she was very vocal and loud.  I did not think Pottsville was in danger of winning due to missed free throws, but they did cut the lead to 5 twice I think.
Baptist sure hit all their free throws.

eagle1

Anyone get a score from Dover-Subi?

eagle1

LRRandy, any info you can share as to what happened?

Ozark Hog

Thanks for info Gray Lizard. Watched the Baptist boys play last year and I will say that the older of the twins must really want to play basketball bad. It hurts to watch him run up and down the court. He has got serious foot and knee issues, that young man is going to have a lot of problems as he gets older.

eagle1

After last night's games. Missing Dover-Subi results.
1/20
Baptist Prep 11-7; 6-0
Pottsville 13-4; 5-2
Ozark 13-6; 5-2
Dardanelle 12-6; 4-3
Dover 8-5; 2-4
Robinson 3-11; 2-5
Subiaco 3-9; 1-4
Clinton 7-11; 1-6

Ozark Hog

Does anyone know what the girls standing are after last nite?

LRRandy

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 20, 2016, 08:54:13 am
Must have may be pretty  intense, I heard they thew a Baptist fan out of the game. I was told that the girls senior high coach and a lady from Baptist were arguing in stand on the Baptist side of the gym and the superintend thew her out. They said she was mad about a hard foul on one of the Baptist players.
thats not what happened. The mother of a Baptist player takes photos during the game. At every game. She walks the baseline to take photos as she compiled a scrapbook that all players are given at the end of the year. Not one time has she been asked to not be there in any away gym. Until last night. I didn't see the exchange but I talked to her after the game. It was the girls varsity coach that told her to leave the court. She was not thrown out of the gym.

Ozark Hog

Is there a difference of being ask to leave the court or being thrown out either way she has to leave school property. My source who was there said the superintend Mr. Duggar  was the last person who went up into stands and ask the lady to leave.

Ozark Hog

LRRandy  I was not talking about lady taking photos, I was talking about a fan in the stands, sorry I was not told about photo deal.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 20, 2016, 09:38:50 am
Thanks for info Gray Lizard. Watched the Baptist boys play last year and I will say that the older of the twins must really want to play basketball bad. It hurts to watch him run up and down the court. He has got serious foot and knee issues, that young man is going to have a lot of problems as he gets older.
brandons father explained it to me once. He has a condition with the ligaments in one knee that doesn't prevent that knee from hyper extending, thus the need for the brace and why his gate is the way it is. He works very hard and has taken more charges ( and called for fouls while attempting to take a charge) than anyone on our team. That boys heart is bigger than his seven foot frame.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 20, 2016, 09:55:35 am
LRRandy  I was not talking about lady taking photos, I was talking about a fan in the stands, sorry I was not told about photo deal.
oh, I am not aware of anyone being thrown out. I stood around after the game waiting on our boys to come out of the locker room and talked to most of the other parents and there was no discussion about any one being thrown out. If it happened I didn't see it and no one was talking about it after the game.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 20, 2016, 09:51:12 am
Is there a difference of being ask to leave the court or being thrown out either way she has to leave school property. My source who was there said the superintend Mr. Duggar  was the last person who went up into stands and ask the lady to leave.
the person I know that was taking pictures was standing with me after the game waiting on our boys. That's all I know. I don't know who the superintendent is so if he came up in the stands I wouldn't know.

Ozark Hog

All I was told was it did happen and that the Pottsville fans were standing up  clapping and cheering as she was leaving the gym, not sure how any one could have missed that.

Gray lizard

January 20, 2016, 10:15:18 am #44 Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:18:01 am by Gray lizard
No doubt a lady was pitched out of the stands. Randy must have been it the bathroom to have missed it.

Ozark Hog

Yes I was told it was before half time of the game.

Ozark Hog

LRRANDY I agree 100% on the comment about the Brandon. He seems like a very good young man, who seems to never get upset regardless of  how hard someone fouls him. Both boys are well mannered, during the time I watch them play not once did I see either trying to trash talk opposing teams players. I am sure they  hear lots of negative comments because of their height.

LRRandy

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 20, 2016, 10:15:18 am
No doubt a lady was pitched out of the stands. Randy must have been it the bathroom to have missed it.
i wasn't in the bathroom but didn't see it. You are correct. I have been informed one of our fans was in fact made to leave. A very vocal member of our fan base. Not one of the boys parents. Sorry that I was not aware of it before posting earlier. I got a text from someone that did see the ejection happen. I must have been posting the score and looking at my phone. :-)

Ozark Hog

Thanks for update. I ve got to get back to work.  Good luck in your up coming  conference game and may the best team win. Nice chatting with you.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 20, 2016, 09:51:12 am

Yes.  Leaving the court could just mean she was asked to stay in the bleachers and not stroll the sideline.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas