• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riverside Girls vs Melbourne Round 2

Started by TruthHurts, January 30, 2019, 11:43:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TruthHurts

Did Riverside have a bad game last time or is Melbourne just that much better. Guess we find out tonight.

54Bearkatz2014

Quote from: TruthHurts on January 30, 2019, 11:43:26 am
Did Riverside have a bad game last time or is Melbourne just that much better. Guess we find out tonight.

Melbourne is pretty deep and very young, the only two seniors on the team come off the bench, with only one ever really logging meaningful minutes, and there are only two 11th graders that play. Melbourne Just had a 9th grader that moved up that didn't play in the first game against riverside that is very solid. If she can catch up on the pace of play she can be a real contributor down the stretch. I think Melbourne is probably overall the better team. Everyone on their team is a threat to knock down open shots, which causes problems!!! Hopefully it will be a good game!

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: TruthHurts on January 30, 2019, 11:43:26 am

Melbourne is just better.  Everyone will want to stay away from them down the stretch!  The McCarn girl they just moved up makes them much better.  She is going to be a special player. 

54Bearkatz2014

Quote from: BlueBird4Life on February 01, 2019, 01:15:18 pm
Melbourne is just better.  Everyone will want to stay away from them down the stretch!  The McCarn girl they just moved up makes them much better.  She is going to be a special player.

I agree. I actually think two years from now the two best players for the Lady Bearkatz will be Kenley McCarn and Jenna Lawrence, who is a 6'1" eighth grader. They are going to be difficult to beat for years to come, but this year's squad are very quick and are all a threat to knock down threes and any open shots. They play extremely hard and well together. Their one weakness will be due to lack of size. It will help them a lot when they play bigger teams if their 6'0" tenth grader that comes off the bench plays well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas