• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mayflower

Started by snoopy22, August 19, 2014, 08:17:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy22

This is for all the Mayflower posters......How are you guys feeling about the upcoming season?  I think you guys are going to have a good season.  A real good quarterback and an outstanding running back for starters.....How does the rest of the team stack up?

soldier

From what I'm hearing, the offense is clicking right along with all but three starters returning.  The defense is making great strides. There will be some players in different roles this year both offensively and defensively. Expectations are high for a successful season.

snoopy22

I have you guys ranked 10th in my top ten and expect ya'll to move up higher soon.  I think if you guys play some of those top offensive guys on defense it will make your defense better.

soldier

That's what they're doing this year. Plus, we have some guys that decided to play this year, and they should have a big impact on the line.

snoopy22

Great news...I expect big things from you guys...good luck this year.

soldier

Thank you, and it seems that the conference could be down this year, but I still think this group of young men can go deep in the play-offs. Time will tell.

jr17

Mayflower is sound offensively. One of the best QB's in 3A
Overall #1 RB in the state. Line is big and sound. Defense should be much improved due to some great coaches having come in. Expect big things from this bunch

Hogwild#9

Mayflower will have a great regular season due to the fact that the schedule is very weak. They have a good QB and a couple of good recievers. The lines will be down this year IMO. Will be a early exit from playoffs. Goodluck to the Eagles!

snoopy22

Dang that was a buzz kill!

jr17

We'll see. Go Eagles.

soldier

I agree with Jr17..... Not gonna bite on this one though , and everyone is surely entitled to their opinion.

WildcatGrandpa13

Adam Dycus is a great QB, Justin Bailey is a great RB, Mayflower's offense will be very good this year. If the defense is the same as last year, that will be where they have problems. ECS put up 54 points against them last year, so I hope y'all are right about defense improving. Good luck to the Eagles!

soldier

I believe that the defense couldn't get much worse from the last year or the year before, but I really think, solely based on what I'm told,that the defense will be better. We'll see.

KOJACK

August 21, 2014, 10:32:52 pm #13 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 08:25:48 am by KOJACK
Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on August 21, 2014, 07:31:18 pm
Adam Dycus is a great QB, Justin Bailey is a great RB, Mayflower's offense will be very good this year. If the defense is the same as last year, that will be where they have problems. ECS put up 54 points against them last year, so I hope y'all are right about defense improving. Good luck to the Eagles!
As usual... A backhanded compliment.  :'(

snoopy22

BigMan15

Does bailey play defense too and if so what position also what offers does he have so far.

soldier

Bailey will play on defense at safety, I believe. He has five schools that are interested and Middle Tennessee offered. Missouri, Arkansas, Arkansas State, and UCA. I don't if any others are looking, but I'm sure there are.

BigMan15

Safety....wide receivers won't any balls thrown if he's covering...he looks like he could tear some heads off

soldier

I wouldn't want to have the ball. Lol!!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: soldier on August 22, 2014, 11:17:58 am
Bailey will play on defense at safety, I believe. He has five schools that are interested and Middle Tennessee offered. Missouri, Arkansas, Arkansas State, and UCA. I don't if any others are looking, but I'm sure there are.

Look him up on ESPN and it tells your what schools are offering what prospects.

BigLion10

Ranked pretty high on espn don't be suprised if a bunch of big time schools come look and offer

soldier

He could play a few other positions this year on defense as well. 
Quote from: soldier on August 22, 2014, 11:17:58 am
Bailey will play on defense at safety, I believe. He has five schools that are interested and Middle Tennessee offered. Missouri, Arkansas, Arkansas State, and UCA. I don't know if any others are looking, but I'm sure there are.

jr17

That's what will have this defense improved. You have to have the best athletes playing! And bailey definitely should have been playing D last year. I don't see many people throwing down the middle this year.

BigMan15

how is the trey lasker kid

jr17

Big strong and physical.  Not very fleet of foot but a solid blocking receiver and a hard hitting safety.

BigMan15

he looks pretty athetic also hes not a bad bball player

jr17

Mayflower looked really good in their scrimmage against GR tonight. 48-13.

DeeGee

Quote from: jr17 on August 26, 2014, 10:16:05 pm
They did play good. Glen Rose had a good passing game and a few break away RB. Mayflower got some big olé boys! Look like grown men! But GR did get yall's QB on his backside several times! Our defense was not good and the running game was slacking. Good game Mayflower. Ya'll played well.

Eaglefan1

Dycus was never sacked.  Had some pressure a couple times and a couple more times he was pursued on designed sprint out passes. 

jr17

I didn't see any sacks either.

DeeGee

He was sacked by #50 and # 54. Once for a loss of 4.

jr17

Did we watch the same scrimmage?

DeeGee

Yes. And the GR player got a flag because they was told they can't sack the qb in a scrimmage. I videoed the entire game and took pictures as well. Always video every gr games.

jr17

I'm going to agree to disagree until I see some film.

BigMan15

Quote from: jr17 on August 27, 2014, 08:50:15 pm
I'm going to agree to disagree until I see some film.

Send me some film....

Cheek

How does Mayflowers Jr. High look.

jr17

Cheek

Quote from: jr17 on August 27, 2014, 09:43:36 pm
... no comment

I do not know if that is bad or good, but they are coming to England next week.   If they are not very good, it will get ugly quick.

DeeGee

Quote from: Cheek on August 27, 2014, 09:20:53 pm

They got beat 30 - 0 last night

Cheek

Quote from: DeeGoldie on August 27, 2014, 10:14:58 pm
Quote from: Cheek on August 27, 2014, 09:20:53 pm

They got beat 30 - 0 last night

Yes, but you are a 3A school.  I am sure Glen Rose has a good team.

soldier

Quote from: DeeGoldie on August 26, 2014, 10:50:19 pm
Quote from: jr17 on August 26, 2014, 10:16:05 pm
They did play good. Glen Rose had a good passing game and a few break away RB. Mayflower got some big olé boys! Look like grown men! But GR did get yall's QB on his backside several times! Our defense was not good and the running game was slacking. Good game Mayflower. Ya'll played well.

Not that it really matters because it was a scrimmage game,but I saw the game on HUDL,and I didn't see a sack. Plus, I thought several meant more than one.  Just sayin'.

adaptedtigerfan

Come on Soldier!!  It's GR!

soldier

August 27, 2014, 10:31:10 pm #42 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:57:50 pm by soldier

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 27, 2014, 10:24:55 pm

Really? Haven't seen many GR fans on here saying much. And I for one don't think you should be so judgmental of all GR fans. I simply stated what I saw and have on video. I video all of my son's games for future memories for him. I'm really not gonna argue with such an idiotic remark.
Also if you go back I said we played terrible and good job Mayflower. Geez you guys must be on your monthly. ...

soldier

August 27, 2014, 11:56:33 pm #44 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:00:58 am by soldier
Quote from: DeeGoldie on August 27, 2014, 11:37:22 pm

Really? Haven't seen many GR fans on here saying much. And I for one don't think you should be so judgmental of all GR fans. I simply stated what I saw and have on video. I video all of my son's games for future memories for him. I'm really not gonna argue with such an idiotic remark.
Also if you go back I said we played terrible and good job Mayflower. Geez you guys must be on your monthly. ...

Thank you for the compliments to Mayflower, and I will remove my comment about the like button,  I apologize.  It still was a scrimmage game, and they really don't mean anything other than for coaches to evaluate their teams. However, the QB was not put on his backside several times, and he was not sacked. That was really my point.   

DeeGee

August 28, 2014, 02:01:53 am #45 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:27:22 am by DeeGoldie
Quote from: soldier on August 27, 2014, 11:56:33 pm
Come on Soldier!!  It's GR !
[/quot]

Thank you for the compliments to Mayflower, and I will remove my comment about the like button,  I apologize.  It still was a scrimmage game, and they really don't mean anything other than for coaches to evaluate their teams. However, the QB was not put on his backside several times, and he was not sacked. That was really my point.

We shall agree to disagree. I do know what a scrimmage game is for. It's not like I'm a typical football mom who knows nothing about the game. I wasn't trying to start an argument just stating what I have proof of. However Mayflower did play very well. I was much more impressed than last year's team. GR made a lot of mistakes and missed tackles. We definitely have much to improve on over the next week and half before the Malvern game. Would I say he's the best qb in 3A? No. With that said, neither is ours by any mean. But you guys played very good and we played like a very young inexperienced team.  We have several kinks to iron out. I wish you all the best of luck this season.       

adaptedtigerfan

Speaking of monthly!!   Holy moly!!

I will not retract my statement....  I do not like GR.  espically after Devember 2013.   Now....  Does that mean I don't like Goldie??   No!!   But I have ZERO respect for the program she represents.   After all if this was Snoopys thread we would all be making love and I can't handle all that!

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 28, 2014, 08:01:00 am
Speaking of monthly!!   Holy moly!!

I will not retract my statement....  I do not like GR.  espically after Devember 2013.   Now....  Does that mean I don't like Goldie??   No!!   But I have ZERO respect for the program she represents.   After all if this was Snoopys thread we would all be making love and I can't handle all that!

I respect your views on GR. They only reason I represent them is because of my son. That's a well known fact. But I do recall a few Charleston players causing some unneeded comments to my son, which was taken care of thanks to you and a few others. Neither team can be proud of their sportsmanship in the state game. Both were acting unbecoming of themselves and their schools. But it's a new year now, time to move on. I have no issues with any of you at all. You guys beat us and played well. We played awful. We played awful Tues night as well. I hope they get it together for my son's sake. Anyway. I wish you all the best of luck  and may all your players stay health and without injury.

DogsWin7

I hope they play better for your sons sake too.   He seems to be a good kid with a lot of talent.  Hopefully, this year will be safe and injury free for all schools. 

soldier

August 29, 2014, 12:01:19 am #49 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:08:00 am by soldier
Quote from: DeeGoldie on August 28, 2014, 02:01:53 am
Quote from: soldier on August 27, 2014, 11:56:33 pm
Come on Soldier!!  It's GR !
[/quot]

We shall agree to disagree. I do know what a scrimmage game is for. It's not like I'm a typical football mom who knows nothing about the game. I wasn't trying to start an argument just stating what I have proof of. However Mayflower did play very well. I was much more impressed than last year's team. GR made a lot of mistakes and missed tackles. We definitely have much to improve on over the next week and half before the Malvern game. Would I say he's the best qb in 3A? No. With that said, neither is ours by any mean. But you guys played very good and we played like a very young inexperienced team.  We have several kinks to iron out. I wish you all the best of luck this season.     

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas