• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris VS Centerpoint Week 1

Started by eaglefan568, August 09, 2014, 01:10:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglefan568

eaglefan568

Paris   28

Centerpoint      7

Truthfully

Paris should win this one.  In fact, the most wins Paris may muster this year will be 3 and possibly 4. Those wins will be in the first half of the season. The last 5 games will be very difficult to find a win I am sorry to say. Not  much talent coming back even though about 6 starters return on both sides of the ball. Not great size from what I hear from a couple of friends who have seen practices. The Booneville inclusion into our 4-3A means the #3 thru #5 playoff spots will be fought for by just 5 schools. Paris needs some good QB play this year and some good linebackers. And, lets hope none of our RB get injured, slim in that area. I think Paris has GOT to throw the ball more this year, so the receiver group will be important and needs to run more consistent pass patterns than last year. Secondary D backs look fairly good.
     Hope the fans get excited and attend at least the home games this year. We need the support!
   ...  Truthfully ...

eagle10fan

Paris has 16 starters returning. 8 on each side of the ball. I only see them losing 2 games this year. They have a 1st team all conference QB coming back who is lot stronger than last year. They might be small but our fast. 3 4A conference better watch out for these boys cause they are fired up this year.

WPWells

Are all Paris fans this delusional? Football, basketball...

eaglefan568

maytag

the knights only have a few starters returning off of a 6win team last year but look to be feisty. same boat as paris we play in a top heavy conference with prescott , lr episcopal and glenrose likely  to battle for top spot.   Looks like sophmore qb gona start ovr jr qb maybe interesting.   hope this group learned a little from last year keep fighting good things can happen.     i stil look for a good game but not gona pick a score.                                                                                                       

maytag

any place to eat in paris before the game week 1 ?   recommendations?

WPWells

eaglefan568

Grapevine or dari delight would be my 2 recomendations

Jacketman65

I would go up the road to Wiederkehrs if time allows!  Don't know about now, but it use to be a great place.

RTF

Charleston fans are always delusional

OLDSCHOOL82

The ole eagles should handle centerpoint with ease.

maytag

may get handled late but i expect battle early

BigMan15

I watched them practice yesterday and they have a lot of speed but lack size. Quarterback is decent but the running back is pretty good defense has some hard hitters as well. Most skill position are all young sophomores so look for Paris to compete in state in the coming year

hoghelmet14

August 15, 2014, 05:24:56 pm #15 Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:27:41 pm by hoghelmet14
Quote from: maytag on August 13, 2014, 09:27:55 pm
any place to eat in paris before the game week 1 ?   recommendations?

Chain eateries:

McDonald's
Pizza Hut
Sonic
Subway
KFC / Taco Bell

Local Stuff:

Dari De-lite (Big Menu but basically fast food)
Grapevine (Very Good... better get there early)
El Parian Mexican (Basically like the whole chain)
Pizza Barn (Good Pizza and Beer if your so inclined)

did I miss one?

AT THE GAME:

QUARTERBACK CLUB.... Very good burgers and Brats
Band Parents.... all the other stuff like normal concession stand
Mama Eagles... chili cheese fries

WPWells

The band parents fry a lot of stuff. I know this from experience

maytag

great, dr said to watch my fried food and i said i do all the way to my mouth

Longfellow

If you want the best pizza ever, go to the pizza barn! It is delicious!

BigMan15

el parian is really good and reasonable as well

maytag

i was only planning 1 trip to paris arkansas on sept 5th but if all these places are that good i may have to move there .

bigcat72

eaglefan568

Wow this turned into a food discussion quick.
Now im hungry.  Lol.

maytag

calender draws ever closer i can hardly wait

maytag

purple and gold scrimmage went well,no injuries, gotta few things to work on but should be ready wk 1

maytag

does the paris field have grass or artificial turf?

OLDSCHOOL82

maytag

cp looked much better in scrimmages with dequeen and mineral springs, hopefully improvement continues       hows paris lookn havent heard much, how many players out this year?

eaglefan568

About 32 on team. We looked descent
In scrimmage game. Still have much to
Improve on before conference games

maytag

i think cp has 33 which is alot for cp, also got some improving to do.

WowAnArrowFan

Quote from: eagle10fan on August 13, 2014, 04:29:55 pm
Paris has 16 starters returning. 8 on each side of the ball. I only see them losing 2 games this year. They have a 1st team all conference QB coming back who is lot stronger than last year. They might be small but our fast. 3 4A conference better watch out for these boys cause they are fired up this year.
Your qb? David Isn't going to lead you to a 2 loss season. Charleston, Booneville, Lamar, Lavaca and Mansfield says other wise.

adaptedtigerfan

I don't think Mansfield will win but maybe 1 conf game.

SuperTurfMonkey

WowAnArrowFan

adaptedtigerfan

No that game being Two Rivers.  And Lavaca will loose to Chuck/Boone/ Paris/ and Danville.

Footballfanatic14

Paris Will lose atleast 4 games this year... Chuck/Boone/Lamar/Lavaca

RTF

I think Paris beats Lavaca and pushes Lamar to finish 4th and maybe 3rd

maytag

getn back to original topic i think cp and paris will be a close one . cp knights r young but hopefully learned some toughness from last years seniors       knights 21 paris 14

adaptedtigerfan

If we are back on subject.... Paris wins by 21

maytag

we shall see. anticipation is about to kill me

eaglefan568

Ready for some football.
Have a safe drive Centerpoint.

maytag

thanks ef568      u have a good friday

bigbucks

Paris slips by 14-6 if the Bus driver dont run a wheel offf LOL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas