• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dont sleep on the Colts of Rivercrest

Started by cowboy2241, August 05, 2014, 11:19:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Quote from: coltmom#10 on August 25, 2014, 09:15:33 pm
Quote from: taclark1996 on August 25, 2014, 08:05:23 pm
Wow. That is the most junk I have every seen in one post, your posting that like we don't know that already about football, that's a good pee wee lessons at there first accually football practice but not for a high school message board, now about the good players you mentioned you don't have to give a biography about them, jacket man can get pretty bad up in the 4a board, but not near as bad as this
kind of like your post

Coltmom maybe you should give a grammar lesson as well.  One period in that entire post and it was after the first word. 

coltmom#10

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on August 25, 2014, 09:22:00 pm
Quote from: coltmom#10 on August 25, 2014, 09:15:33 pm
Quote from: taclark1996 on August 25, 2014, 08:05:23 pm
Wow. That is the most junk I have every seen in one post, your posting that like we don't know that already about football, that's a good pee wee lessons at there first accually football practice but not for a high school message board, now about the good players you mentioned you don't have to give a biography about them, jacket man can get pretty bad up in the 4a board, but not near as bad as this
kind of like your post

Coltmom maybe you should give a grammar lesson as well.  One period in that entire post and it was after the first word. 
naw I'll leave that to you..... I thought this was a forum board not grammar class

Romeo

Quote from: coltmom#10 on August 25, 2014, 01:32:52 pm
Offensive Line: The heart of the football offense is made up of the offensive line. The main job of the offensive line is to block for the quarterback and running backs. This sounds simple, but offensive linemen must be prepared for all sorts of stunts and tricks thrown at them from the defense. They must also be able to stand and block for a pass play (pass blocking) or push the defense a certain way to create holes for a run play (run blocking). Offensive linemen run plays and move blocks around to fool the defense in order to keep defenders off of the players with the football. Offensive linemen tend to be big and strong. Without a strong offensive line, the rest of the football team will struggle!! And we will struggle in the beginning!

We are spread to thin for an great offensive line! The QB better be quick on his feet, prepare to move and make a smooth hand off to the RB/FB! Also learn how to carry out his fakes!  I would love to see him throw a little more, but I don't think he will have the time! As for the RB/FB, we have 2.5 of those. Because 2 are in other positions.  ;)

CENTER: - We have a heck of a center, but he could also be used at FB  ;) But I seriously doubt that ever happens  >:(

Right and left Guard - We have one of those back  :)

Right and left Tackle - We have one of those back  :)

Tight end:   Tight ends need to be big, strong, fast, and have good hands.

We have NO true tight ends, but the one I would put there is in another position  :'( But we do have 2 that will be fine  :o :o

Wide Receivers: These football players line up on or near the line of scrimmage, but usually far away from where the ball is placed. These players main job is to get open and catch passes. The main skill of wide receivers is the ability to catch the football and speed. Some wide receivers are small and exceptionally fast, while other wide receivers are fast, but taller and use their size and height to catch the football over defenders.

Our best receiver is our QB!!! #11 should do good there,  we have two more that I would love to see step up and catch something other than a cold. :-*

Running Backs: These football players line up in the backfield. Their main job is to carry the football, but running backs also need to block during pass plays. Full backs are a type of running back whose main job is to block. They usually run in front and block for another running back that is carrying the football. Running backs are usually strong, fast, and able to see the field and quickly cut toward openings in the defense. Running backs also are receivers and often catch several passes during a football game.

This position is the one that is going to score for us! I really hope coach uses more than just the 2 to run the ball! #22 & #33 I would love to see some of those short passes to some of the other 2 I have in mind  :P

Defensive Line: The defensive line plays at the line of scrimmage just opposite the offensive line. Their main job is to stop the surge of the offensive linemen on a rushing play and to get to the passer on a pass play.

I think our D-line will be ok One new one, but a hoss #77  ;D ;D ;D

Nose Guard: A defensive lineman that plays at the center of the D-line right at the ball. The nose guard is a big, strong player who can clog up the middle and make it hard for the offensive team to run the ball. 

I hope to see #14 here and I think he will do a good job  ;D ;D

Defensive Ends: These football players play outside the tackles. Their main job is to rush the passer and to keep any rushing plays contained from getting outside. These players are big and strong, but also fast so they can get around the outside and to the quarterback.

We have a good DE #33 :)

Linebackers: The linebackers make up the next line of defense. Linebackers are usually the main tacklers on the defense. They plug holes in the defensive line when rushers try to get through. They also do some pass coverage of running backs and tight ends. Some teams use three linebackers and some four. There is usually a middle linebacker who calls out defensive formations and plays depending on the offensive set up. Linebackers must be fast and good tacklers.

Our LB's are not the fastest but they will get the job done!  #57 has lost weight and is quicker than last year and understands the position a lot better. #40 is good at making tackles.  :P :P

Cornerbacks: These football players cover the wide receivers and try to prevent them from catching a pass. They also help out on run plays that get passed the linebackers.

#7 is the best we have in my opinion  ;D ;D

Safety: Safeties are there to prevent the big play. At least one safety tries to stay behind the wide receivers if they should pass the cornerbacks. Safeties also help the linebackers out on run plays.

#22 will be great here ;D ;D

Special Teams:

Punter: The punter is the kicker who kicks punts. A good punt will be long and high to allow for the tacklers to get downfield. A good punter will also be able to control his distance and to stop the ball inside the 20 yard line.

This scares me!  :o

Field Goal kicker: This player kicks field goals and extra points. Accuracy is key here. This football player usually kicks the kick-off as well where distance is the main goal.

This scares me too!  :o

I hope and pray for #7, 40, 22,33,57 to stay healthy! If not it's really gone to be a long year! The other guys I hope and pray for you also, but ya'll will need the experience off these guys! Our bench is inexperienced! And I have one on the bench! Love ya #10! Oh I'm actually a momma to a #10! Finally!  ;D ;D ;D

OMG

Lionfan

Got to feel bad for the kid on that team that wears #10 cause after that post it's like a kid taking his lunch to school in a power ranger lunch box. (freshman year)

Proud Buckaroo

I don't sleep on the Colts. I sleep on my bed.

crmorrow24

Proud Buckaroo

Bias

You didn't mention the water boy he will be mad for sure.

coltmom#10

Quote from: Bias on August 26, 2014, 06:11:23 am
You didn't mention the water boy he will be mad for sure.
we don't have one

coltmom#10

Quote from: Lionfan on August 25, 2014, 11:29:24 pm
Got to feel bad for the kid on that team that wears #10 cause after that post it's like a kid taking his lunch to school in a power ranger lunch box. (freshman year)
no it's an ironman lunch box

coltmom#10

Y'all are just so funny! I guess a couple of you are just like the idiot that sent me the personal message! 

cuckoobird

And I was sure it would be a my little pony lunchbox

coltmom#10

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 26, 2014, 07:06:12 am
Nope! It's an Ironman!

Jack1990

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 26, 2014, 07:06:12 am
Got to give it to you bird...that's a good one! +1

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on August 25, 2014, 03:00:31 pm
I would agree, but she left off the QB postition.  And I know she knows better than that! :) :) :) :)
I was thinking Wow The Colts running the single wing with no qb.  lol

ISU7

August 26, 2014, 08:00:43 am #65 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:07:38 am by ISU7
Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2014, 04:09:23 pm
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no positive karma and may god have mercy on your soul.
You maybe dumber ,lol  Lay off Coltmom... ::) 8)

ISU7

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 25, 2014, 08:52:52 pm
I thought the sweet little lady made you guys a very entertaining post ...Ya'LL WOULDN'T DOING ANYTHING BUT HANGING AROUND ANYWAY,
+1 8)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on August 26, 2014, 08:00:43 am
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no positive karma and may god have mercy on your soul.
You maybe dumber , so you ar speaking for yourself. Lay off Coltmom... ::)
it's a joke. that is from a movie.

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2014, 04:06:14 am
How can you get any sleeping while you bucking, Buckaroo...lol ;D

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on August 26, 2014, 08:05:28 am
You maybe dumber , so you are speaking for yourself. Lay off Coltmom... ::)
I know oldman, i know...lol

Rivercrest

Don't make me make an appearance on the boards again.....

LJ06

August 26, 2014, 10:18:08 am #71 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:27:07 am by LJ06
Quote from: ISU7 on August 26, 2014, 08:08:39 am
Quote from: Oldman on August 26, 2014, 08:05:28 am
You maybe dumber , so you are speaking for yourself. Lay off Coltmom... ::)
I know oldman, i know...lol

I was hoping you did. Bout to give up on the world

CounterPunch

coltmom#10

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ISU7 on August 26, 2014, 08:06:26 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2014, 04:06:14 am
How can you get any sleeping while you bucking, Buckaroo...lol ;D

Hard to do any Bucking at all when you work 14 hour days.

Luxora7

been a number of years since I posted on here......heard the colts got plenty of running in today..although  the team sprinted past the bearcats 41-8...the kids will have to be in great shape with only about 25 or 26 kids??..

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Luxora7 on August 26, 2014, 07:12:25 pm
been a number of years since I posted on here......heard the colts got plenty of running in today..although  the team sprinted past the bearcats 41-8...the kids will have to be in great shape with only about 25 or 26 kids??..

MustangRampage

I would just like to wish you guys the best of luck this year.  Good luck in the playoffs.  It will have to be as the #2 seed though because that conference champ trophy stays at our place this year.  ;D

ISU7

Quote from: Luxora7 on August 26, 2014, 07:12:25 pm

[/quote} It shouldn't be a big deal. Teams with 60 players like Nettleton had last night  vs Osceola"s 25 players, {Osceola won 26-13} only have about 15-20 players that really makes a different, plus you can only play 11 at a time. We played with 17 players and finished 9-1, I for one never left the field and didnt want to. there's ways to catch your breath while youre on the field. ;)  You have to be smart... ;D

ISU7

Quote from: MustangRampage on August 26, 2014, 08:12:03 pm
I would just like to wish you guys the best of luck this year.  Good luck in the playoffs.  It will have to be as the #2 seed though because that conference champ trophy stays at our place this year.  ;D
Yea the 2013 trophy...lol We gone beat ya'll even with 15 against 11.lol Good luck to Hoxie also. Let me know when ya'll get a STATE Champs trophy..... ;D 8)

mustangnation

Hoxie Mustangs.

thats all i have to say about that

Big Red Fan 54

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas