• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Rivalry

Started by TheTruth2010, August 03, 2014, 11:12:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTruth2010

Lamar @ Clarksville week 1. What are your predictions?

OLDSCHOOL82

Clarksville by 14.  Let's see if clarksvilles new coach can actually coach football.  They always have talent.

MICHAELSPAPPY

August 03, 2014, 03:10:42 pm #2 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:14:15 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
I was sort of surprised that Clarksville scheduled Lamar, but I'm glad to see it. Might be a good game. Lamar is pretty good, but going up two levels is tough. Doc will have the Warriors ready.

WPWells

macadoshis

I don't think it will be close.  Lamar in a route..

adaptedtigerfan

Gotcha says Clarksville by 35

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 03, 2014, 10:37:15 pm
Gotcha says Clarksville by 35

Figured he'd call in a forfeit for Lamar....

macadoshis

Clarksville is spreading their talent thin.  New coach wants to run separate defensive players from offense.  They don't have the talent to do it.  Its a nice thought if you had that many good players.  I don't think they can stop Lamar this year.   

macadoshis

I work with some of the Clarksville athletes also and they are definitely headed in the right direction.  Coach Kranor has them working hard for sure.

TheTruth2010

In my opinion Lamar will edge this one out. This years Lamar team will be better than last. Close game 27-21 Lamar

jcowell

Lamar in a close game.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I am hearing some good things about Lamar (all second-hand). Sounds like they are optimistic about the season.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 22, 2014, 05:14:30 pm
I am hearing some good things about Lamar (all second-hand). Sounds like they are optimistic about the season.

As a matter of fact, I am going to stick my neck out and predict that Lamar will surprise some folks this year.

KOJACK

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 22, 2014, 07:09:44 pm

As a matter of fact, I am going to stick my neck out and predict that Lamar will surprise some folks this year.
How when the ADG has them ranked 3 or 4? I guess you mean Chucktown or Booneville since they are the only ones ranked ahead of them...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 22, 2014, 07:09:44 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, "one who converses with oneself shouldn't give predictions."

BigMan15

Lamar by 1....I think this one should be close...

MICHAELSPAPPY

The fact that we are even talking about a close game with a team two classes higher is a good sign for the Lamar program.

OLDSCHOOL82

Normally yes but this is Clarksville we are talking about.

macadoshis

I really don't think it will be close.  Watched both teams scrimmage.  Lamar has a huge offensive and defensive line.  Clarksville wants to run a super fast tempo.  I don't think they Lamar will keep Clarksville's offense on the side line and dominate time of possession.  Just my opinion.

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 24, 2014, 08:49:06 pm
Normally yes but this is Clarksville we are talking about.

Normally yes,  but we are talkin Springdale!    Lol

OLDSCHOOL82

And... We are talking about subi!

adaptedtigerfan

Haha this made me laugh.

TheTruth2010

Wow. Clarksville was way over matched. Not even close.

sampdawg

Lamar/Clarksville was a good physical game till half. Turnovers doomed Clarksville, and Lamar capitalized on their mistakes. Score ended up 42-14 Clarksville scored late on Lamar's second string. Could have have been much worse, mercy rule in effect midway into the 3rd quarter.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I did not get to go. I know Clarksv has a long way to go, but they are a 5A school. Lamar must be legit. How did their line look?

TheTruth2010

The line looked pretty good. The difference in the game was at quarterback in my opinion. I don't know how many passing yards lamar had but close to 300 I would assume . Clarksville quarterback could not handle pressure well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas