• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Curley Wolves updates

Started by RabidWolf, July 28, 2014, 07:26:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidWolf

Since moving to the Dallas area in May, I haven't been able to keep up with the Wolves. How are things looking in the land of the Maroon and White? Is Woods still the QB? How's the offense and defense shaping up? I know with the new conf comes new challenges so I'm looking forward to making it to hopeful a couple of games. 

KOJACK

Quote from: RabidWolf on July 28, 2014, 07:26:27 pm
Since moving to the Dallas area in May, I haven't been able to keep up with the Wolves. How are things looking in the land of the Maroon and White? Is Woods still the QB? How's the offense and defense shaping up? I know with the new conf comes new challenges so I'm looking forward to making it to hopeful a couple of games.
Trevor Pipkin has taken over at qb. The offense looks impressive as I've ever seen it. Several rb's solid receivers and the trigger man is the real deal, o line has 4 three year starters back. Defensively they look solid. Legit secondary, Lb's are solid, TNT getting better. 3 new guys battling for the two d end positions. Sounds like glen rose is done before we even get started so the conf championship will be decided when EC$ comes to P-Town.

RabidWolf

Pipkin impressed me last year especially in the playoffs. Is he as athletic as woods is? Woods moving to WR? How will they compare to the year J Glass and Mccoy were seniors?

I saw about GR running back. Terrible news for an extremely talented young man. I do agree that it appears to be between the Wolves and ECS.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: RabidWolf on July 28, 2014, 08:14:25 pm
Pipkin impressed me last year especially in the playoffs. Is he as athletic as woods is? Woods moving to WR? How will they compare to the year J Glass and Mccoy were seniors?

I saw about GR running back. Terrible news for an extremely talented young man. I do agree that it appears to be between the Wolves and ECS.

Not only have they lost Carlos. But five seniors have now walked off the team and joined BHG team. So, look for benton Harmony grove to improve this year.

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 28, 2014, 08:26:40 pm

Not only have they lost Carlos. But five seniors have now walked off the team and joined BHG team. So, look for benton Harmony grove to improve this year.
I think that may be illegal. You can't quit in July and pick up with someone else. As far as woods, last I heard he wasn't playing and comparing them to glass and McCoy, I think pip will be as good as glass, but they don't have a stud like McCoy.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: KOJACK on July 28, 2014, 08:43:50 pm

I think that may be illegal. You can't quit in July and pick up with someone else. As far as woods, last I heard he wasn't playing and comparing them to glass and McCoy, I think pip will be as good as glass, but they don't have a stud like McCoy.

It all depends on the situation. Especially of the coach is a jerk.

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 28, 2014, 08:46:34 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on July 28, 2014, 08:43:50 pm

It all depends on the situation. Especially of the coach is a jerk.
Not really. There are laws that keep kids from jumping from school to school... At least at public schools...

adaptedtigerfan

Saw in another post where Prescott needed a defense and they would have it all....   

Proud Buckaroo

Kojack. If the school district accepts the transfer, it is allowed. Now if the kids were to just leave that district and go to another one without consent of the district. Then, it becomes illegal.

OLDSCHOOL82

Not correct.  It's not only up to the school district accepting the kid.  The situations have certain dates that must be met.  I think it's June 1 but I'm not certain.  I also believe the AAA can step in and make a ruling in certain situations but don't hold me to that.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 28, 2014, 10:46:21 pm
Not correct.  It's not only up to the school district accepting the kid.  The situations have certain dates that must be met.  I think it's June 1 but I'm not certain.  I also believe the AAA can step in and make a ruling in certain situations but don't hold me to that.

So what you're telling me that even in the situation where the coach hollers, calls the kids names, picks at them, and basically bullies them they cannot leave their school?

OLDSCHOOL82

Correct.  That's when AAA has to make a decision.  And I doubt one would be made based on a few if the coach is still in place and the school is doing nothing.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 28, 2014, 10:50:10 pm
Correct.  That's when AAA has to make a decision.  And I doubt one would be made based on a few if the coach is still in place and the school is doing nothing.

That's what I don't understand though as to why their school board is allowing this to go on.

OLDSCHOOL82

The only thing I am going on is the comments on this board and the finals I watched last year.  Judging by the way the coaches and players handled themselves at the finals, they may just all act that way.  A few may have got cross ways and decided to bail instead of be a team player.  Especially when Burton got hurt and they got worried about not being as good.  You can't always go on the actions of a few teenagers.  But,  the way the coaches let the state game get out of hand for as long as it did makes me think they are not teaching some of the key components that you should be teaching the young men on the gridiron.  It's not all about winning. 

DeeGee

It's not considered a transfer if they move into that school district. Didn't "transfer" MOVED to the school district. And some living in traskwood can go to either GR or BHG. So they are not considered transfers. They are intradistrict. Totally different and yes can jump right on the team.

OLDSCHOOL82

I apologize.  My comments where more towards the school choice, etc.  I still thought there where dates though in sr high you had to follow.

DeeGee

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 28, 2014, 11:09:14 pm
The only thing I am going on is the comments on this board and the finals I watched last year.  Judging by the way the coaches and players handled themselves at the finals, they may just all act that way.  A few may have got cross ways and decided to bail instead of be a team player.  Especially when Burton got hurt and they got worried about not being as good.  You can't always go on the actions of a few teenagers.  But,  the way the coaches let the state game get out of hand for as long as it did makes me think they are not teaching some of the key components that you should be teaching the young men on the gridiron.  It's not all about winning.
Some might have bailed because of Carlos. I can't say for sure but I know that others have decided enough is enough when you give your all and get treated like trash. When you treat the boys who work their butts off for you like they are nothing eventually they will take a stand. It's not always about being a team player. Sometimes it's about enough is enough.

DeeGee

July 28, 2014, 11:20:07 pm #17 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:21:40 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 28, 2014, 11:15:32 pm
I apologize.  My comments where more towards the school choice, etc.  I still thought there where dates though in sr high you had to follow.

Nope. As long as they have a current physical and can prove they've done their summer workouts they can join pretty much up til 2 a days

OLDSCHOOL82

Summer workouts don't have anything to do with transferring or not.

DeeGee

I know that. Some coaches ask for proof if that player didn't do their summer workouts at their original school. Some do their workouts elsewhere.

Coltfan2005

I hope these families dotted all the i's during their moves. The old house has to be sold, up for sale, rented to a non family member with a year's lease, or abandoned with all utilities cut off. The parents have to change all paperwork to the new address, including driver's license and voter registration. All paperwork for the school must be filled out, no "guardians", and no parents splitting to maintain two domiciles unless the divorce and the primary caregiver has to live in the new district. It's a hassle and most people don't follow every guideline. If the coaches from GR were to push it and one little thing was wrong, kid's out for a year.

RabidWolf

We'll...my post took an unexpected turn to eligibility...

It is interesting to me that DeeGoldie has stood up for GR All this time and now seems to have a different opinion of the coaches. Not in a told you so or trash talking way, but what changed? I'm genuinely curious. You defended the HC like none other  just surprised. Don't take it as offensive. Don't mean it that way at all.

Beaver Fever

School choice date is July 1, if you choice after that you sit a year.  Now if you move into a district you are immediately eligible.
And there hasn't be 5 go to harmony grove from glen rose, there is only one thinking about it

DeeGee

Quote from: RabidWolf on July 29, 2014, 02:45:22 am
We'll...my post took an unexpected turn to eligibility...

It is interesting to me that DeeGoldie has stood up for GR All this time and now seems to have a different opinion of the coaches. Not in a told you so or trash talking way, but what changed? I'm genuinely curious. You defended the HC like none other  just surprised. Don't take it as offensive. Don't mean it that way at all.
I mentioned several times him and I didn't have the greatest of mom/coach relationship. I stated I'll support him as long as my son is happy. Not saying my son is moving just saying that there are some neutral areas out there that can be, by both schools, accepted into either school. Never said my son was leaving GR just that there are reasons why kids are quitting the team. I think people are reading way to much into what I said. I was just stating how/why. I have my own personal reasons for not being too very happy with the coaching staff at this point. But in the end it all comes down to my son being happy. If he wants to take what is dished out then by all means I'll let him man up and take it. If he wants to go elsewhere then I'll do whatever I need to do. In the end it's about his high school experience,  I've had mine. It's his memories to make.

adaptedtigerfan

jr17

Sounds to me like someone needs to bring this coach up to an administrator. IMO.

KOJACK

The Wolves will be solid this year.

Hootie

Yes they will. They were very young last year as still had a good season. They can definitely put it together this year.

RabidWolf

I remember a few years back, the wolves had a very very young team with a first time QB named Ben Smith. They went 1-9 that year. If memory serves me right, the only win was by 1 point at Dequeen's HC. the next year, they played in war memorial against Shiloh Christian university. Not saying they'll play in WMS, but this team definitely reminds me of that year.

AirWarren

In my neighborhood, Benton school district officially, there are kids who attend Benton, bauxite, Benton harmony grove, and Glen Rose.

Remember, school choice, places like traskwood/Haskell/lonsdale/shaw and even Malvern send kids to these schools.  Malvern kids especially to Glen rose. Also, in today's society, some kids have split homes and they use whatever parents address they want to attend schools.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 29, 2014, 07:11:19 am
School choice date is July 1, if you choice after that you sit a year.  Now if you move into a district you are immediately eligible.
And there hasn't be 5 go to harmony grove from glen rose, there is only one thinking about it

that date is for 7th-10th grade

Coltfan2005

Quote from: AirWarren on July 30, 2014, 11:18:09 pm
In my neighborhood, Benton school district officially, there are kids who attend Benton, bauxite, Benton harmony grove, and Glen Rose.

Remember, school choice, places like traskwood/Haskell/lonsdale/shaw and even Malvern send kids to these schools.  Malvern kids especially to Glen rose. Also, in today's society, some kids have split homes and they use whatever parents address they want to attend schools.
Interesting, but against the rules.

HeadBussa08

Curley Wolves could make the semis. Think they will win conference without much contest.

cdelaney

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on August 03, 2014, 12:03:57 pm
Curley Wolves could make the semis. Think they will win conference without much contest.
yeah no contest at all

snoopy22

Quote from: cdelaney on August 04, 2014, 07:36:55 am
yeah no contest at all
Agreed

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 05, 2014, 10:08:04 am
yeah no contest at all
Agreed
yup, since they don't have mcgehee in their conference.

cdelaney

yeah no contest at all
Agreed
ECS is considering forfeiting game @ Prescott. Why bother? Long drive for no reason.

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on August 05, 2014, 10:40:20 am
yeah no contest at all
Agreed
ECS is considering forfeiting game @ Prescott. Why bother? Long drive for no reason.
The "boosters" wouldn't stand for that.

AnotherTurfMonkey

KOJACK are you referring to the people who pay tuitions at private schools for kids who have been blessed with above avg talent in athletics?

cdelaney

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on August 05, 2014, 12:35:02 pm
KOJACK are you referring to the people who pay tuitions at private schools for kids who have been blessed with above avg talent in athletics?
Yes I am sure that is what Kojack is referring to. We are so lucky that the ECS coaches can scout 5th graders at other schools and decide which ones with "above average athletic talent" the school can invest ~$75,000+ in so that they might help the HS football team 6 yrs or so later. Our recruiting is so strong that we have had 0 "move-ins"  (for football, basketball, track, or baseball) and over 30 "move-outs" over the past 7 yrs (ever hear of Jake Becquette or Fredie Knighten?). Our recruiting is so awesome that we have a grand total of about 22 varsity players this year. It is so awesome maybe we should even consider moving up to 7A!!
It seems like Kojack, Headbussa, crmorrow, Snoopy, and I guess now ATM are all pretty sure Prescott will kick our butts "without much contest", but if by some miracle ECS wins (again) this year, they will have their "recruiting excuse" warmed up and ready to go! Smart planning- win-win situation.

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on August 05, 2014, 01:39:14 pm
Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on August 05, 2014, 12:35:02 pm
Yes I am sure that is what Kojack is referring to. We are so lucky that the ECS coaches can scout 5th graders at other schools and decide which ones with "above average athletic talent" the school can invest ~$75,000+ in so that they might help the HS football team 6 yrs or so later. Our recruiting is so strong that we have had 0 "move-ins"  (for football, basketball, track, or baseball) and over 30 "move-outs" over the past 7 yrs (ever hear of Jake Becquette or Fredie Knighten?). Our recruiting is so awesome that we have a grand total of about 22 varsity players this year. It is so awesome maybe we should even consider moving up to 7A!!
It seems like Kojack, Headbussa, crmorrow, Snoopy, and I guess now ATM are all pretty sure Prescott will kick our butts "without much contest", but if by some miracle ECS wins (again) this year, they will have their "recruiting excuse" warmed up and ready to go! Smart planning- win-win situation.
Exactly...no contest

hornethigh-mhs

Cdelaney, it's not worth your time worrying about what kojack says. Just let him say what he wants.

crmorrow24

Not pretty sure.....POSITIVE we kick that butt this year...and next....and next....

cdelaney

Quote from: crmorrow24 on August 05, 2014, 03:15:39 pm
Not pretty sure.....POSITIVE we kick that butt this year...and next....and next....
Next 2 years we can talk about later. This year, if we don't lose key players to injury before Oct 3, not worried about the Wolves at all.

cdelaney

Quote from: hornethigh-mhs on August 05, 2014, 02:54:33 pm
Cdelaney, it's not worth your time worrying about what kojack says. Just let him say what he wants.
Not worried about what Kojack says at all. I like him (sorry for that Kojack) he's almost as funny as Oldman who is my favorite 3A poster(sorry for that Oldman). But can't ignore the recruiting accusation BS even when he is probably just baiting us EC$ fans by mentioning it.

FBfan79

Quote from: cdelaney on August 05, 2014, 05:13:58 pm
Not worried about what Kojack says at all. I like him (sorry for that Kojack) he's almost as funny as Oldman who is my favorite 3A poster(sorry for that Oldman). But can't ignore the recruiting accusation BS even when he is probably just baiting us EC$ fans by mentioning it.

I think you're on to something...

KOJACK

Who turned the lights on and woke this cockroach up? ::)

crmorrow24

August 06, 2014, 04:37:22 am #47 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:22:57 am by crmorrow24
Quote from: cdelaney on August 05, 2014, 05:08:55 pm
Quote from: crmorrow24 on August 05, 2014, 03:15:39 pm
Next 2 years we can talk about later. This year, if we don't lose key players to injury before Oct 3, not worried about the Wolves at all.

snoopy22

I have never said anything about ECS recruiting.  You won't win conference this year though.

cdelaney

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 07, 2014, 12:36:59 pm
I have never said anything about ECS recruiting.  You won't win conference this year though.
?Horatio

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas