• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snoopy22 2014 Preseason Top 10

Started by snoopy22, July 17, 2014, 10:55:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDSCHOOL82

Buck,  you are not eligible to be the grammar police.  Keep worrying about jr high records and leave the big boy football talk to the men.

DogsWin7

Quote from: bigcat72 on July 31, 2014, 02:42:55 pm
I hope Lavaca thinks Lamar is weak.
Overlooked would be another way of saying it too.....;)

jr17

Hootens seems to think Lamar should top 10.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 31, 2014, 03:37:03 pm
Buck,  you are not eligible to be the grammar police.  Keep worrying about jr high records and leave the big boy football talk to the men.
+1

WowAnArrowFan

Quote from: jr17 on July 31, 2014, 03:38:37 pm
Hootens seems to think Lamar should top 10.
"Hootens" hasn't played against Lamar like I have. They won't be a top ten team this season. They will get demolished by the two state champs (Lavaca probably will also). Lamar might have a chance at a play off spot if they're lucky and barely beat Mansfield, Paris and Danville.

Jalkuranis

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. So you are upset that Lavaca isn't in Hooten's good graces but Lamar is. Poor guy...

cdelaney

OUR 3RD AND 4TH GRADE LIFECHAMPS FLAG TEAM RAN RUFFSHOD OVER PARKER CHAPELS 2ND GRADERS BUT THEY HAD A 117 LB rb WHO WAS THE REEL DEEL.POKE FUN IF YOU LIKE BUT THEIR KNOW JOKE I NO WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT AND THERE TALENT WILL BLOSSOM IN 11TH GRADE AND WE WILL BE TUFF TO BEET.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: cdelaney on July 31, 2014, 05:05:50 pm
OUR 3RD AND 4TH GRADE LIFECHAMPS FLAG TEAM RAN RUFFSHOD OVER PARKER CHAPELS 2ND GRADERS BUT THEY HAD A 117 LB rb WHO WAS THE REEL DEEL.POKE FUN IF YOU LIKE BUT THEIR KNOW JOKE I NO WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT AND THERE TALENT WILL BLOSSOM IN 11TH GRADE AND WE WILL BE TUFF TO BEET.

JESUS CHRIST.....That is a flat "F", I will pm you some homework. You must study very hard and improve your grades before next semester.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 31, 2014, 03:37:03 pm

Old school. Do not let him get to you. That's exactly what he's trying to do. Lol.

KOJACK

Lamar, Lavaca, nor Green Forest will have anything to say about anything to do with 3a football. And the grammar police can  :-X

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: KOJACK on July 31, 2014, 05:32:14 pm
Lamar, Lavaca, nor Green Forest will have anything to say about anything to do with 3a football. And the grammar police can  :-X

A

WowAnArrowFan

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 31, 2014, 06:19:55 pm

A
Can't wait for lavaca to be on your top ten list. Lol

KOJACK

Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on July 31, 2014, 07:07:18 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 31, 2014, 06:19:55 pm

A
Can't wait for lavaca to be on your top ten list. Lol
I'm happy to have a Lavaca supporter on here. We need all the new 3A posters we can get...but don't be delusional  ;D

-Painted Fan-

Lavaca?  Top Ten?
I didn't realize we were talking about girls volleyball.

-Painted Fan-

Green Forest will be lucky to finish 3rd in the 1-3A, behind West Fork and Elkins.

adaptedtigerfan

Lava a will have 4 conference losses.

OLDSCHOOL82

jr17

Everyone will be rolled by Charleston and boonville!! Do you expect them to win the
Conference that has not one, BUT TWO defending state champs in it. Of course they'll have a 3 seed.

Gotcha

I dont see them beating anyone elses 2 seed, outside of the 1-3a.

ISU7

Quote from: snoopy22 on July 17, 2014, 10:55:11 am
I think 3A will be more interesting this year than last, but how could it be less interesting, right?
Here goes:
1.  Charleston - Defending champs will have to work for a title this year in both conference and state.
2.  Booneville - 4A champs will be hard to beat in 3A.
3.  Harding Academy - Should walk to another conference championship.
4.  McGehee - For some reason everyone seems to forget this team in their rankings, I didn't. 
5.  Smackover - Can they figure out how to beat the Owls for conference title?
6.  Prescott - Will play my #7 for conference title.
7.  Episcopal Collegiate - Will play my #6 for conference title.
8.  Rivercrest - Should win a conference title.
9.  Lamar - Should be #3 in conference.
10.  Glen Rose - If Burton returns healthy they will be tough as usual and could have a say in the 5-3A.

Honorable Mention:  Fordyce, Hoxie, Mayflower, Jessieville, Osceola
Let the bashing begin.
Nice poll Snoopy22.. ;D

snoopy22

macadoshis

Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on July 31, 2014, 01:27:44 pm
Quote from: snoopy22 on July 17, 2014, 10:55:11 am
I think 3A will be more interesting this year than last, but how could it be less interesting, right?
Here goes:
1.  Charleston - Defending champs will have to work for a title this year in both conference and state.
2.  Booneville - 4A champs will be hard to beat in 3A.
3.  Harding Academy - Should walk to another conference championship.
4.  McGehee - For some reason everyone seems to forget this team in their rankings, I didn't. 
5.  Smackover - Can they figure out how to beat the Owls for conference title?
6.  Prescott - Will play my #7 for conference title.
7.  Episcopal Collegiate - Will play my #6 for conference title.
8.  Rivercrest - Should win a conference title.
9.  Lamar - Should be #3 in conference.
10.  Glen Rose - If Burton returns healthy they will be tough as usual and could have a say in the 5-3A.

Honorable Mention:  Fordyce, Hoxie, Mayflower, Jessieville, Osceola
Let the bashing begin.
Lamar should not be 3rd in their conference considering all their play makers are gone and last time I checked glen rose is a state runner up and should be at about #4. Green forest is a team you are forgetting about also.
1. Booneville/Charleston
3. Lamar
.HUGE GAP
.Everyone else in that conference.

Gotcha

The huge gap should be between 1&3 lol

macadoshis

Quote from: Gotcha on August 05, 2014, 03:19:17 pm
We'll see as the season progresses.  Not sure what your beef is with Lamar

Gotcha

Quote from: macadoshis on August 05, 2014, 04:20:34 pm
Quote from: Gotcha on August 05, 2014, 03:19:17 pm
We'll see as the season progresses.  Not sure what your beef is with Lamar
no beef. Im just realistic......are you saying there isnt a gap between booneville/charelston and lamar?

Gotcha

How about this?
1.booneville/charelston
HUGE GAP
3.lamar
HUGE GAP
......everyone else

macadoshis

Quote from: Gotcha on August 05, 2014, 07:28:21 pm
How about this?
1.booneville/charelston
HUGE GAP
3.lamar
HUGE GAP
......everyone else
That's a pretty fair assessment Gotcha.  There is a definite gap between those two and Lamar this year. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: macadoshis on August 06, 2014, 09:56:11 am
Quote from: Gotcha on August 05, 2014, 07:28:21 pm
How about this?
1.booneville/charelston
HUGE GAP
3.lamar
HUGE GAP
......everyone else
That's a pretty fair assessment Gotcha.  There is a definite gap between those two and Lamar this year.
i think there is a huge gap between those two and 95% of 3a.

Man of Steel

Did I see someone mention Green Forrest? ? Wow. 1-3A??  Top 10?? Wow. Sure, that conference has to put some teams in the playoffs, by default. But other than maybe West Fork, none of the others will advance past the first round. Last year, Green Forrest wasn't bad. Yet they struggled against Two Rivers, I believe. (Correct me if I am wrong) then proceeded to get demolished at Smackover. 1-3 and the playoffs should rarely be mentioned in the same sentence.

Proud Buckaroo

Green forest got demolished by Glen rose.

WildcatGrandpa13

I think ECS should be above Prescott in the polls, considering last years ECS victory in the playoffs. Although last year doesn't really matter to the coming up season, I believe ECS has the momentum and confidence coming into this season that could make them a force to be reckoned with in 3A-5. Go Cats!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on August 13, 2014, 01:46:44 pm
I think ECS should be above Prescott in the polls, considering last years ECS victory in the playoffs. Although last year doesn't really matter to the coming up season, I believe ECS has the momentum and confidence coming into this season that could make them a force to be reckoned with in 3A-5. Go Cats!
did ecs lose much from last year?

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on August 13, 2014, 02:17:48 pm
Return about 17 who started most of the year. But lost QB and best lineman who both played both ways. Lots of good seniors. Overall numbers are down a bit. Question marks depth and whether new QB can step in and keep offense going. Very strong receiving corps. Above avg lines, good corners. Major playmaker Freeman can go the distance at any time- receiver, returner, RB. May start slow in non-conference but should compete with Wolves for conf title if they avoid injuries and get a few more players now that school has started back.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: cdelaney on August 13, 2014, 02:29:28 pm
Return about 17 who started most of the year. But lost QB and best lineman who both played both ways. Lots of good seniors. Overall numbers are down a bit. Question marks depth and whether new QB can step in and keep offense going. Very strong receiving corps. Above avg lines, good corners. Major playmaker Freeman can go the distance at any time- receiver, returner, RB. May start slow in non-conference but should compete with Wolves for conf title if they avoid injuries and get a few more players now that school has started back.

Prescott by 20 +...............won't even be close.

Jimbo Morphis

thanks

RTF

lol arguing about gaps..... I think! there is a huge gap between 7a and 3a.. you like that one?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RTF on August 13, 2014, 03:44:46 pm
lol arguing about gaps..... I think! there is a huge gap between 7a and 3a.. you like that one?
are you talking to me?

BUCK FEVER

depends on which 3-a team and which 7-a team.

KOJACK

I personally can't wait for EC$ to come to Prescott this year. It won't be like last year. Are there any guys who came to Prescott in 2012 on this years team? They may not sleep well the night before that trip down I30... Whatcha think grandpa? ;D

snoopy22

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 13, 2014, 04:42:39 pm

do you think there is a 7a team smackover can beat?

KOJACK

When you say the "new QB" do you mean what I think you mean? :o

adaptedtigerfan

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on August 14, 2014, 08:41:14 am
Lost me on that one K

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on August 14, 2014, 08:23:34 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 13, 2014, 04:42:39 pm

do you think there is a 7a team smackover can beat?

My initial thought was more like a charleston\booneville over van buren.

or more of a sure thing, Drew central over Bentonville.

jr17

I agree Fever
Have to take drew central in a close one over 'ole bville

cdelaney

Quote from: cdelaney on August 14, 2014, 09:34:50 am
Lost me on that one K
If you mean "move-in" (recruited) then no. We are not a public school you know that; that's where all the "move-ins" happen. This particular QB has been in the Episcopal school system since kindergarten, at ECS since 6th grade. Very good athlete, all conference LB last year and all conf pitcher in BB, all State in Golf. Just hasn't taken many meaningful snaps because he was behind a 3 yr starter who graduated.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: KOJACK on August 13, 2014, 08:50:26 pm
I personally can't wait for EC$ to come to Prescott this year. It won't be like last year. Are there any guys who came to Prescott in 2012 on this years team? They may not sleep well the night before that trip down I30... Whatcha think grandpa? ;D
No, but there's plenty of boys that experienced last year's win in the playoffs. Remember that one KOJACK?

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on August 14, 2014, 09:59:16 am
Quote from: cdelaney on August 14, 2014, 09:34:50 am
Lost me on that one K
If you mean "move-in" (recruited) then no. We are not a public school you know that; that's where all the "move-ins" happen. This particular QB has been in the Episcopal school system since kindergarten, at ECS since 6th grade. Very good athlete, all conference LB last year and all conf pitcher in BB, all State in Golf. Just hasn't taken many meaningful snaps because he was behind a 3 yr starter who graduated.
Just checking... I have heard about him.

KOJACK

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on August 14, 2014, 12:18:33 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on August 13, 2014, 08:50:26 pm
No, but there's plenty of boys that experienced last year's win in the playoffs. Remember that one KOJACK?
Wow... No players from that team huh ??? Ok. I'll leave you alone gramps before you start sinning again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas