• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern @ Glen Rose Week 1

Started by True Fan, July 15, 2014, 12:35:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Fan

I drove by the GR stadium and noticed a lot of heavy equipment and no field. If the new turf isn't ready, will the move it to Malvern or try to use a more neutral site?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: True Fan on July 15, 2014, 12:35:31 pm
I drove by the GR stadium and noticed a lot of heavy equipment and no field. If the new turf isn't ready, will the move it to Malvern or try to use a more neutral site?

They are canceling all games until Burton is fully healed.

adaptedtigerfan

It shouldn't take more than 3-4 weeks to finish.

KOJACK

I heard one of their three big backers pulled out  leaving them high and dry.

crmorrow24

Quote from: KOJACK on July 15, 2014, 08:06:13 pm
Things are falling apart in Beaver nation.  They should sell more lottery tickets MAYO.....Where is MAYO?

KOJACK

Quote from: crmorrow24 on July 16, 2014, 04:06:32 am
Quote from: KOJACK on July 15, 2014, 08:06:13 pm
Things are falling apart in Beaver nation.  They should sell more lottery tickets MAYO.....Where is MAYO?
May not even hear from mayo this whole year.

quicksand

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 15, 2014, 12:44:08 pm
They are canceling all games until Burton is fully healed.
that wouldn't surprise me

snoopy22

We won't hear from him.  Unless he takes a jab at someone losing late in the playoffs.  They will be so bad he probably won't risk it though.

R. A.™

having issues with the ground settling....

DeeGee

Not because a backer pulling out. It's because of all the rain they are having a hard time getting the ground to dry out long enough to build up the field to put in the turf. Depending on the weather it should be done in the next few weeks.

SuperTurfMonkey

It don't matter where they play the game,  Malvern wins ::)

beaverfan007

Malvern may win big but glenrose has a sophomore class that has talent and speed but lack of experience

Proud Buckaroo

Speed means nothing when you have no blockers.

AirWarren

KOJACK

Malvern will mercy rule glen rose and the wheels will continue to fall off for glen rose...you reap what you sow

adaptedtigerfan

KOJACK

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 01, 2014, 09:58:33 am
What do you mean, Kojack???
The beginning of the end adaptedtigerfan...the beginning of the end.

adaptedtigerfan

I'll just keep my mouth shut I don't want to "offend" anyone.

-Painted Fan-

"I cheer for everybody!
Everybody should get a trophy, just like T-ball.
Let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya."

KOJACK

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on August 01, 2014, 12:00:20 pm
"I cheer for everybody!
Not me, I can't stand glen rose. I feel sorry for the kids that are or ever have endured a season for that guy.

DogsWin7

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on August 01, 2014, 12:00:20 pm
"I cheer for everybody!
enjoyed the sarcasm.  +1. :)

hawgfan15

There have been a few good games over the past several years between these two, but not this year. Malvern returns several very good players and a pretty good sophomore class also.

Malvern 49
Glen Rose 14

Beaver Fever

It's starting to look like we might not have any home games this year.  The clock is ticking and there is still a ton of work to do.

Proud Buckaroo

What is going on with Glen Rose? It seems as if none of your staff cares for the community or the school..... You would think with them being FURNISHED the money for the turf that they would get it done pretty quickly. Especially to benefit the kids.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2014, 09:51:06 am
What is going on with Glen Rose? It seems as if none of your staff cares for the community or the school..... You would think with them being FURNISHED the money for the turf that they would get it done pretty quickly. Especially to benefit the kids.
the staff wouldn't have anything to do with getting the field work done.

R. A.™

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2014, 09:51:06 am

The staff is not installing the field. They are having issues with the ground settlement.

snoopy22

Beaver Fever

I think there is a shortwave of funds, construction crews not getting paid.  Ground settlement is the guise that powers that be are putting out to the public.  There's no money left!

True Fan

It's no secret that one of the biggest donors in the area is under new management and has reigned in their spending.

Proud Buckaroo

The school was funded the money to pay for the work being done. Yes, the staff does have some thing to do with it.

Proud Buckaroo

Didn't that same donor get benton Harmony grove their turf?

Beaver Fever

Yes but bhg had the sense to have them sign a contract and no just take someone's word for it

DeeGee

The field will be done by the first game. They've been out there by 6 every morning working on it. Was some funding issues but that has now been taken care of by a very honorable donor. The workers said today that they should be laying the turf by the first of next week. Until then they are having their 2 a days at the baseball fields.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2014, 07:14:12 pm
The school was funded the money to pay for the work being done. Yes, the staff does have some thing to do with it.
no they don't. this is an administration problem. super and school board are in charge of $500,000 projects.. you think the coaches are doing the dirt work and laying the turf?

Proud Buckaroo

The admin, and super is who I'm talking about with the "staff." NOT the coaching staff. I should have been a little more clear...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2014, 09:35:33 am
The admin, and super is who I'm talking about with the "staff." NOT the coaching staff. I should have been a little more clear...
ok, i misunderstood.

beaverfan007

Glen rose will have to grow up quick this year but the will win 6-8 GAMES AND BE IN THE HUnt for the conferencechampionship

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: beaverfan007 on August 12, 2014, 12:34:54 pm
Glen rose will have to grow up quick this year but the will win 6-8 GAMES AND BE IN THE HUnt for the conferencechampionship
lol...no way :o

Beaver Fever

After last night malvern in a mercy rule. 
I haven't seen the schedule yet, what week do we play bauxite

DeeGee

beaverfan007

We May get beat but they wont give up

beaverfan007

We May get beat but they wont give up

SuperTurfMonkey

Glen Blows may win 3 or 4 games all year....maybe

SuperTurfMonkey

;D :o that's right Glen Blows.       The MONKEY IS BACK!!!!     :P

champsof 07

Trufmonkey I know ur beef is with the coaching staff of glen rose but for the team its self can u show some respect them boys dont deserve that can u not talk bad bout the team I support Malvern and glen rose dont care who wins but just want it to be a good game and for the boys to play there hardest and have fun doing it . How would you like it if someone did the same thing to ur kids and there team just respect the team

Proud Buckaroo

Ehhhhh. Even if he was being respectful. I have a feeling Glen Rose is really going to win maybe four games. Carlos didn't make the whole team, and thats not what I'm saying either. The team has a lot of inexperienced sophmores. Most of the teams in their district have quite a few Junior/Seniors.

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: champsof 07 on August 31, 2014, 07:05:36 pm
Trufmonkey I know ur beef is with the coaching staff of glen rose but for the team its self can u show some respect them boys dont deserve that can u not talk bad bout the team I support Malvern and glen rose dont care who wins but just want it to be a good game and for the boys to play there hardest and have fun doing it . How would you like it if someone did the same thing to ur kids and there team just respect the team
not being disrespectful...just fact!

champsof 07

Ok but cant u atleast say glen rose not glen blows

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: champsof 07 on September 01, 2014, 06:29:23 am
Ok but cant u atleast say glen rose not glen blows
I will think about it! ;D

champsof 07

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas