• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fearless Friday Preseason Fan Top 10

Started by HorseFeathers, July 06, 2014, 08:51:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

1. Charleston(11)....190
2. Booneville(8).......184
3. Smackover..........149
4. Harding Ac(1)......142
5. Prescott.............81
6. Glen Rose............77
7. Lamar.................61
8. McGehee.............59
9. Episcopal.............58
10. Rivercrest..........43

Others Recieving Votes: Barton(16), Hoxie(14), Mayflower(10), Fordyce(8), Paris(3), Lavaca(2), Atkins(1)

20 polls were tallied to make this ranking.

17 Teams received votes, but only 4 different teams showed up in the top 3. Glen rose and McGehee are probably the most difficult teams for the fans to rank at this point. Glen Rose drew at least 2 votes at every position between 4 and 10. McGehee drew at least 1 votes between 4th and 10th, but was left off of 7 ballots.

Pastureboy21

Curious to the glen rose ranking. Obviously one player doesn't make the team but their running game will deffinatley be hurt. Are they still going to be that good?

Gotcha

I, for one, ranked them prior to knowing about the injury. Thier status is definately hurt IMO. Not too many high school backups lying around of his caliber........im still baffled about lamar.

Proud Buckaroo

He doesn't make the whole team. But it's a big lose. If he doesn't return. I look at them going 7-3 regular season. And maybe quarterfinals.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 07, 2014, 04:37:35 pm
He doesn't make the whole team. But it's a big lose. If he doesn't return. I look at them going 7-3 regular season. And maybe quarterfinals.

That's what I was saying when I said "one player doesn't make a team but their running game will be hurt"

Jimbo Morphis

mcgehee being left off 7 ballots means 7 people don't know much about football outside their own conference. i guess after 3 or 4 years in 3a maybe people will know better.

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: Oldman on July 08, 2014, 08:30:49 am
mcgehee being left off 7 ballots means 7 people don't know much about football outside their own conference. i guess after 3 or 4 years in 3a maybe people will know better.

They were on my ballot!!

snoopy22

The ones that left McGehee off should be tossed.  I assure you there is not 10 teams in class 3A that could beat McGehee.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on July 08, 2014, 08:33:52 am
Quote from: Oldman on July 08, 2014, 08:30:49 am

They were on my ballot!!
thanks, just hope we are at the end of the season.

WPWells

July 08, 2014, 11:11:07 am #9 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:13:00 am by 12th Man CHS
I'm happy to post my ballot on here just to be clear

1. Charleston
2. Booneville
3. Harding Academy
4. Smackover
5. McGehee
6. Lamar
7. Prescott
8. Fordyce
9. ECS
10. Glen Rose

OLDSCHOOL82

Polls are one thing i stay away from and dont predict.  I can see why most of the top 10 are in the top 10 but as far as the order I'll leave that to ya'll. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 08, 2014, 11:11:07 am

1. Charleston
2. Booneville
3. Harding Academy
4. Smackover
5. McGehee
6. Lamar
7. Prescott
8. Fordyce
9. ECS
10. Glen Rose
that looks pretty good other than i would have charleston and booneville tied at #1. and presscott ahead of lamar.

WPWells

No option to have them tied or I would have

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 08, 2014, 01:26:07 pm
No option to have them tied or I would have
if i didn't live so far away and run mcgehee's clock i would watch the booneviile-charleston game.

Hootie

Well I put McGehee 1 - 10 and HF accepted it.

Proud Buckaroo

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 08, 2014, 06:02:05 pm
I had Mcgehee as number 6.
i would have thought you would have us in the top two.

Radiotalker

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 08, 2014, 11:11:07 am

1. Charleston
2. Booneville
3. Harding Academy
4. Smackover
5. McGehee
6. Lamar
7. Prescott
8. Fordyce
9. ECS
10. Glen Rose

No Rivercrest? They are loaded.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on July 08, 2014, 06:31:51 pm

I didn't even have my own team in the top two. I picked Smackover #3. Harding #4. I cannot remember 5. And then Mcgehee.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 08, 2014, 07:27:28 pm
Quote from: Oldman on July 08, 2014, 06:31:51 pm

I didn't even have my own team in the top two. I picked Smackover #3. Harding #4. I cannot remember 5. And then Mcgehee.
it will look bad when you once again can't beat #6.

Proud Buckaroo

It's just a preseason top ten, oldman. Lol. Nothing serious.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 09, 2014, 10:12:50 am
you should know i didn't take it that way. you better beat us this year or you might not ever beat us.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on July 09, 2014, 10:15:14 am
you should know i didn't take it that way. you better beat us this year or you might not ever beat us.

I really believe if field conditions were different last year. Then we would have beaten you guys. I'm pretty sure we've learned our lesson from only putting a tarp on one side of the field. One could hope.

BUCK FEVER

Like Mcgehee has a long history of dominating Smackover ???..........lets be for real..................they have played twice,,,,,,,,Mcg won both by a touchdown or less.............your statements are strong considering both of those games were extremely close and could have went either way................last year the game determind by a very questionable goalline  call. against the bucks......................lets keep it straight MCG has not dominated smackover, they are lucky to be 2-0..................as far as this year is our best shot to beat MCG / dont kid yourself Smackover will be stronger next year than this year.

Gotcha

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 09, 2014, 12:16:26 pm

Like Mcgehee has a long history of dominating Smackover ???..........lets be for real..................they have played twice,,,,,,,,Mcg won both by a touchdown or less.............your statements are strong considering both of those games were extremely close and could have went either way................last year the game determind by a very questionable goalline  call. against the bucks......................lets keep it straight MCG has not dominated smackover, they are lucky to be 2-0..................as far as this year is our best shot to beat MCG / dont kid yourself Smackover will be stronger next year than this year.
this guy......his logo is a horse shoe, so he thinks almost counts for something.

Gotcha

Youre gonna be better in the future huh? Bringing up those legit jr high players? Who ended that long win streak they had going?

cdelaney

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 09, 2014, 11:20:48 am

I really believe if field conditions were different last year. Then we would have beaten you guys. I'm pretty sure we've learned our lesson from only putting a tarp on one side of the field. One could hope.
Smackover has a tarp? Must have lost it the week of the ECS game. Field was 4 inches of pure mud from goal line to goal line despite no rain for 4 days. Security guard said they had been watering all week, but that seems unlikely??

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 09, 2014, 12:16:26 pm

you are so easy. the goaline call where the reciever was down on the 5? you know you can watch film?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cdelaney on July 09, 2014, 01:13:09 pm

Smackover has a tarp? Must have lost it the week of the ECS game. Field was 4 inches of pure mud from goal line to goal line despite no rain for 4 days. Security guard said they had been watering all week, but that seems unlikely??

Our field has always had the issue with standing water. Even when I was in school. It's just where the field is located. We used the tarp from the baseball field to cover the field with. I'm hoping that Smackover had more improved equipment after the lesson learned last season.

Jimbo Morphis

field conditions will be exactly the same this year. i will turn the sprinkler system on on monday. tell your coach to throw that muddy football.

Proud Buckaroo

We play you guys at Mcgehee this year. Maybe you guys will win according to "home cooking." ;)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 09, 2014, 02:40:01 pm
We play you guys at Mcgehee this year. Maybe you guys will win according to "home cooking." ;)
the only thing i'm sure of is if smackover ALMOST wins again buck fever will blame it on the officials.

Proud Buckaroo

The only thing I'm sure of is there will not be an "almost win" by Smackover.

Gotcha

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 09, 2014, 02:51:54 pm
The only thing I'm sure of is there will not be an "almost win" by Smackover.
when is it considered not almost? how many do you think you will be under by?

Proud Buckaroo

I really don't know. Lol. I was just saying some thing.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 09, 2014, 03:57:34 pm
I really don't know. Lol. I was just saying some thing.
think that was aimed more at buck fever.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Gotcha on July 09, 2014, 12:51:22 pm
Youre gonna be better in the future huh? Bringing up those legit jr high players? Who ended that long win streak they had going?

and so far that jr high legit group has done nothing but win conference championships.

and there not finished either...................that jr group lost one game by 4 points in 3 years, there not intimidated by Mcgehee.......trust me.

Gotcha

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 09, 2014, 04:55:27 pm

and so far that jr high legit group has done nothing but win conference championships.

and there not finished either...................that jr group lost one game by 4 points in 3 years, there not intimidated by Mcgehee.......trust me.
is 4 considered almost?

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Gotcha on July 09, 2014, 05:01:43 pm

is 4 considered almost?
++

and sense that 4 point (freak) upset by your group ........what have they accomplished ???.........nothing.

and sense that 4 point upset loss what has my group accomplished ???...........conf championship.

Pastureboy21

1. Booneville
2. Charleston
3. Smack
4. ECS
5. Prescott
6. HA
7. McGhee
8. Hoxie
9. Lamar
10. Glen Rose

Gotcha

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 09, 2014, 06:09:25 pm

is 4 considered almost?
++

and sense that 4 point (freak) upset by your group ........what have they accomplished ???.........nothing.

and sense that 4 point upset loss what has my group accomplished ???...........conf championship.
if you consider "nothing" to include beating the conference champs, of the year. Since that makes sense? Lol right?

Jacketman65

Heard that the GR running back was injured at the Alabama camp, NOT for certain if it was Ala.  Is there any truth to this and if so what does this do to GR's chances?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Jacketman65 on July 09, 2014, 07:46:37 pm
Heard that the GR running back was injured at the Alabama camp, NOT for certain if it was Ala.  Is there any truth to this and if so what does this do to GR's chances?

It was the Auburn camp. He tore his ACL. Not really certain he will return for this season. If he doesn't. It really hurts them. He doesn't make the whole team, but he's a big help!

DeeGee

He tore his ACL at auburn camp over a month ago. Not a complex tear and is expected to be back mid to late season. He's already past the healing process and is working on strengthening through therapy now.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 09, 2014, 08:01:13 pm

It was the Auburn camp. He tore his ACL. Not really certain he will return for this season. If he doesn't. It really hurts them. He doesn't make the whole team, but he's a big help!
Wish the young man the best and hope that he recovers quickly, always hated to see major injuries to high schoolers especially the ones that have a chance at the next level.

crmorrow24

Quote from: DeeGoldie on July 09, 2014, 08:09:05 pm

He tore his ACL at auburn camp over a month ago. Not a complex tear and is expected to be back mid to late season. He's already past the healing process and is working on strengthening through therapy now.
Even if he does return this year, he will be rusty as a 72 Ford pick-up truck.  And tip-toe on every play....it's a mind thing.  Ask Knile Davis.

Jimbo Morphis

want to know the difference in you and mcgehee fans. we don't get crazy over winning conference championships. they are nice but you are gettiing way to excited about winning 1. it's 1. it's conference. you have to beat mcgehee and fordyce. thats all. win state and then you can talk smack.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on July 10, 2014, 08:03:57 am

want to know the difference in you and mcgehee fans. we don't get crazy over winning conference championships. they are nice but you are gettiing way to excited about winning 1. it's 1. it's conference. you have to beat mcgehee and fordyce. thats all. win state and then you can talk smack.

I never bring it up untill you guys start sprewing your DIARRHEA , fact is you came in second place, sorry but  you lost your crown to the bucks , get over it and move on.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Gotcha on July 09, 2014, 06:47:14 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 09, 2014, 06:09:25 pm

is 4 considered almost?
++

if you consider "nothing" to include beating the conference champs, of the year. Since that makes sense? Lol right?

And by during that .........what did that get ya ?..........................Nothing, but second place.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on July 10, 2014, 08:03:57 am

I agree with oldman, the 8 time state football champion. Winning conference is like kissing your sister, win state and get a date outside the family

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas