• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Booneville

Started by Truckman555, April 23, 2014, 03:26:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

Don't go putting words in my mouth dude. Read what I said.
We won 3A, 2A would have been a great game (Charleston vs. JC).
Did I say Charleston would have won 5A- 7A? No, I did not.
Reading Comprehension skills should be taught in Booneville.

WPWells

Do they teach you to read in Booneville? He said that Charleston WOULDN'T have won 5A and up?

I do remember on twitter immediately following the Charleston-Glen Rose game (or beatdown as the case may have been) some Booneville people decided to run their traps about how Charleston's state championship didn't mean near as much as theirs. Guess we'll find out this year, won't we?

OLDSCHOOL82

12th man I'll have to research those threads to see what your talking about because I don't remember seeing it.  Also,  painted fan did not say that they would not of won the 5a and up he said it was doubtful.  But only because of depth!!!  Does everyone get on their hands and knees and bow when a chucktown tigger walks in the room?

-Painted Fan-

May 06, 2014, 11:07:11 pm #53 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:08:43 pm by -Painted Fan-
"ONLY BECAUSE OF DEPTH"?!
Nope, don't believe those words ever came out of my mouth.
I said "depth would have been a major issue". BIG DIFFERENCE.
Once again, don't put words in my mouth, because you will lose every time.

OLDSCHOOL82

Excuse my ignorance.  Those two statements are definitely polar opposites! 

-Painted Fan-

Sorry, but I can't help you with an excuse for your ignorance.

BEARCATSRULE

Charleston is about like most of Booneville 2nd string .Matter of fact that would be a pretty good game. But I've heard .so many times tigers and tiger fans talk about Beating Booneville in the scrimmage.Slap yourselves in the. The face and wake your ignorant self up.Charleston is soft and will not take the pounding!!!!! "You heard it hear first" .

-Painted Fan-

Saw Booneville, Warren, Junction City, and of course Charleston last fall. "IN MY OPINION" Charleston vs. Junction City would have been the best matchup of any of those 4 (2 future Razorback teammates going head to head!).
You think that Booneville is the greatest thing since sliced bread and the AAA just needs to go ahead and ship that trophy to Logan County without even playing a game. That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
Greenwood, Bentonville, North Little Rock, Conway, Cabot, Morrilton, Batesville, the list goes on.
I'm not going to waste my time, or yours, arguing a moot point. It's senseless. So just stop.

WPWells

Old School I said it was on twitter, not the threads

-Painted Fan-

Don't you just love how other towns say "Charleston said this" or "Charleston said that"?
In reality, no one cares about a scrimmage, no one brags about a scrimmage, no one brags about moot points.
Be honest here Booneville....
You guys love making this stuff up, don't you? It brings you great joy.
Nice try.

Scooter2121

Just to think that upchucktown or JC would have won the 4A last year is just down right ridiculous!!!!

adaptedtigerfan

Booneville wins 1 state title in the last 25 years and now they are a DYNASTY!!   

BEARCATSRULE

Charleston gets 1 QB that can play and their a dynasty!! SMH

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on May 07, 2014, 05:46:39 am
Booneville wins 1 state title in the last 25 years and now they are a DYNASTY!!

Actually two within 25 years.  2013, 2000, 1986 (but thats outside of 25 years).  Math is obviously not your strong suit.

adaptedtigerfan

Just be thankful it was monsoon season @ WMS in Dec or Warren would have 2013....  You and the rest of the state know that!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on May 07, 2014, 08:21:03 am
Just be thankful it was monsoon season @ WMS in Dec or Warren would have 2013....  You and the rest of the state know that!

We probably should just send the trophy and state rings to warren as our boys are not deserving. 

WPWells

BEARCATSRULE, Ty Storey didn't make us a dynasty. Four state championships in the past ten years did

BEARCATSRULE

Ha! You must not have been there or you would know that the rain delay was only thing that kept Cats from running away w it.

BEARCATSRULE

May 07, 2014, 09:47:14 am #68 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:49:25 am by BEARCATSRULE
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 06, 2014, 11:46:44 pm
Saw Booneville, Warren, Junction City, and of course Charleston last fall. "IN MY OPINION" Charleston vs. Junction City would have been the best matchup of any of those 4 (2 future Razorback teammates going head to head!).
You think that Booneville is the greatest thing since sliced bread and the AAA just needs to go ahead and ship that trophy to Logan County without even playing a game. That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
Greenwood, Bentonville, North Little Rock, Conway, Cabot, Morrilton, Batesville, the list goes on.
I'm not going to waste my time, or yours, arguing a moot point. It's senseless. So just stop.

"Future Razorbacks" Do you know how many hypes of "future razorbacks" Booneville has shut down .I know Charleston has a good ball team but plain and simple not near the strength and heart as the cat's.You boys might try see if any way yo u can drop to a2-A and get a chance to start another dynasty!!!! With the cat's in. 3A the only Dynasty you guys will see is Duck Dynasty !!

adaptedtigerfan

I see this thread getting shut down wayyyyy before Halloween.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on May 07, 2014, 10:24:05 am
I see this thread getting shut down wayyyyy before Halloween.

It could get quite unruly !!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 07, 2014, 08:31:44 am
BEARCATSRULE, Ty Storey didn't make us a dynasty. Four state championships in the past ten years did

Am I the only one the feels like the term "dynasty" is thrown around to much now these days? Even though 4 state titles with 3 different coaches over that span gives Charleston a solid claim to using that term...

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: HF on May 07, 2014, 12:12:26 pm

Am I the only one the feels like the term "dynasty" is thrown around to much now these days? Even though 4 state titles with 3 different coaches over that span gives Charleston a solid claim to using that term...

Yes Dynasty gets thrown around too much.  Their arent many true dynasties in Arkansas football.  Booneville is not a dynasty on the state championship level.  Maybe in conf championships and playoff appereances and records.  But not a true Dynasty.  I also think a "Dynasty" has to include more than the past 10 years.  It must include several generations.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 07, 2014, 12:45:00 pm

Yes Dynasty gets thrown around too much.  Their arent many true dynasties in Arkansas football.  Booneville is not a dynasty on the state championship level.  Maybe in conf championships and playoff appereances and records.  But not a true Dynasty.  I also think a "Dynasty" has to include more than the past 10 years.  It must include several generations.

Na...if you do like El Dorado has with the 4 titles in 5 years I have no problem with the wanting to be called a dynasty...But I just get tired of {Insert School Here} we're a dynasty...but Charleston has made the playoffs for 24-25(?) years in a row now....

OLDSCHOOL82

May 07, 2014, 01:11:30 pm #74 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:37:46 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: HF on May 07, 2014, 12:49:00 pm

Na...if you do like El Dorado has with the 4 titles in 5 years I have no problem with the wanting to be called a dynasty...But I just get tired of {Insert School Here} we're a dynasty...but Charleston has made the playoffs for 24-25(?) years in a row now....

I agree and disagree.. imagine that.  A true dynasty has to cover several generations if you go by the definition.  I would say El Dorado is a power house of recent with the potential to become a dynasty on the state level.  I would say Chucktown is a dynasty on the conference level with the potential to become a dynasty on the state level.  But yes, some teams/towns have a short streak of success and want to immediately be labeled a Dynasty.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 07, 2014, 01:11:30 pm

I agree and disagree.. imagine that.  A true dynasty has to cover several generations if you go by the definition.  I would say El Dorado is a power house of recent with the potential to become a dynasty on the state level.  I would say Chucktown is a dynasty on the conference level with the potential to become a dynasty on the state level.  But yes, some teams/towns have a short streak of success and want to immediately be labeled a Dynasty.

How do you measure success at the state level? Actually winning the big one? Or Semi-Final appearances? Cause if you go with that, then Charleston's success can be measured further back than their first state title in 04(?).

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: HF on May 07, 2014, 03:58:06 pm

How do you measure success at the state level? Actually winning the big one? Or Semi-Final appearances? Cause if you go with that, then Charleston's success can be measured further back than their first state title in 04(?).

Winning State Championships!  I have not said anything about success.  Dynasty should only be reserved for top tier but it gets thrown around too much.  Take Waldron for instance, if they win 1 game in the 2014 season they could be considered a Dynasty to the bulldog fans.  Compared to what they have done the past couple of seasons.  I need to dig up some stats on both schools winning percentage, conf titles, playoff percentages, etc i guess. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 07, 2014, 04:02:22 pm
Quote from: HF on May 07, 2014, 03:58:06 pm

Winning State Championships!  I have not said anything about success.  Dynasty should only be reserved for top tier but it gets thrown around too much.  Take Waldron for instance, if they win 1 game in the 2014 season they could be considered a Dynasty to the bulldog fans.  Compared to what they have done the past couple of seasons.  I need to dig up some stats on both schools winning percentage, conf titles, playoff percentages, etc i guess. 

LOL @ Waldron :D

OLDSCHOOL82

Here is some info from another thread in 2013.  I'll try get the info up to date.

Sorry for the delay. Here is Booneville
One of the top tradition schools we have in Arkansas. Booneville only had 4 losing seasons in the 43 years.
1970s: 76-33-2, 5 Conference Championships, 7-6 Playoff record
1980s: 99-21-1, 1986 State Champs, 7 Conference Championships, 16-7 playoff record.
1990s: 91-27, 5 Conference Championships, 11-7 playoff record.
2000s: 101-24, 2000 State Champs, 4 Conference Championships, 17-9 playoff record.
2010s: 27-8, 2 Conference Championships, 2-3 playoff record.
Total Record: 394-113-3, 2 State Championships, 23 Conference Championships, 53-32 playoff record. 9-3 Average Record.

HorseFeathers

Well...I don't have the resources to go back to the 70's or past 1985 for Charleston...so Here's looking at somebody else to provide some numbers

HorseFeathers

Somebody else will have to provide before 1990(If any matchups happened)

but in the last 23 years the Tigers and Bearcats have matched up 8 times

1990 Booneville 34-6
1991 Charleston 25-20
1992 Booneville 42-32
1993 Booneville 21-0
1994 Booneville 20-7
1995 Booneville 36-14
1996 Booneville 28-0
1997 Booneville 43-19

OLDSCHOOL82

If I'm not mistaken the last matchup was in the early 90s and maybe even the 91 loss.   I'll have to ck to be sure.  I am certain the two didn't meet in the late 90s.

-Painted Fan-

May 07, 2014, 09:07:19 pm #82 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:18:54 pm by -Painted Fan-
What happened before any of these kids were born is irrelevant.
Case in point: The Dallas Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls in a 4 year span- 20 years ago.
New England Patriots were atrocious before the Brady era beginning in the 21st century.
What have they done lately?
The only ones that care what happened more than 10 years ago are the has-beens (never was).
It's all about the here-and-now with these kids.
If you don't believe me, just ask them.

OLDSCHOOL82

Painted fan you have anger issues. 

adaptedtigerfan

I think the painted guy makes a rather good point.

OLDSCHOOL82

Me and HF where just conversing.  We weren't saying the past determines the future.  Is he a chucktown boy?  He's not a Booneville boy.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 07, 2014, 09:07:19 pm
What happened before any of these kids were born is irrelevant.
Case in point: The Dallas Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls in a 4 year span- 20 years ago.
New England Patriots were atrocious before the Brady era beginning in the 21st century.
What have they done lately?
The only ones that care what happened more than 10 years ago are the has-beens (never was).
It's all about the here-and-now with these kids.
If you don't believe me, just ask them.

Or those that don't know their own history are destined to repeat it :D

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 07, 2014, 09:54:48 pm
Me and HF where just conversing.  We weren't saying the past determines the future.  Is he a chucktown boy?  He's not a Booneville boy.

Neither haha...I haven't been to Charleston since...2008(The year Hector played their in softball district?), Haven't been to Booneville since the last time Dover made the playoffs....Just trying to keep up with the smack on this game cause it's going to be one of the biggest games in the lower classifications..if not the biggest in recent memory.

OLDSCHOOL82

Gotcha HF.  Be sure and respect the supremacy that is the upchucktown Tiggers.  Don't dare disrespect them.  Well, enough mouthing my neighbors up north.  Gotta pace myself.  Season is along ways off.

HorseFeathers

May 07, 2014, 10:39:14 pm #88 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:43:24 pm by HF
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 07, 2014, 10:09:16 pm
Gotcha HF.  Be sure and respect the supremacy that is the upchucktown Tiggers.  Don't dare disrespect them.  Well, enough mouthing my neighbors up north.  Gotta pace myself.  Season is along ways off.

Ah...they aren't that bad :D......but I don't have a "rivalry" with either school anymore(Hector and Charleston were in the same conference for years)...Besides I might make a trip to Charleston come Halloween this year, and I've talked to adaptedtigerfan a little bit outside of FF...and whether Painted Fan remembers me or not the last trip Charleston made to Hector we stood and talked on the visitor sidelines for the entire second half. Which for the record...I never was told why he left FF, but I was glad to see him start posting again...Going to be a fun year reading the talk between the Booneville and Charleston posters this year...

-Painted Fan-

Oh, I remember quite well.
Good times.

No, I don't have anger issues.
I do however, talk to the kids all the time.
Not one of them really cares what happened 20 years ago. They will tell you that themselves.
I can stand there and tell them about such-and-such game from 2000, and they will be like
"yeah...uh huh...yeah...but do you remember what happened in the Glen Rose game last year?"
I invite you to ask the kids from Booneville this very thing, and see if you don't get the exact same response.
I think living in this electronic age has shortened their attention span, and they are just looking ahead rather than behind. No one wants a dinosaur Blackberry. Everyone wants the new Galaxy S5.
We could post every stat in the book from games back in the 80's, and it would get great response from the older guys. These kids that are still walking the halls of high school or junior high- well, it's just like having to read in History Class to them. Almost like homework.

WPWells

I'm one of those young people that can't get enough of sports history; however, I'm sad to say that I'm more the exception rather than the rule

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 07, 2014, 11:01:43 pm
I'm one of those young people that can't get enough of sports history; however, I'm sad to say that I'm more the exception rather than the rule

I love to look at the old scores...and be like wait..Hartford was actually relevant this year and actually beat Charleston? ..That was 1998 when they beat Hector(2A Runner-Up) and Charleston(2A Semi Finalist)..

-Painted Fan-

Hartford actually played in like 3 State Championship Games back in the 50's. I don't think too many folks outside of that town knows that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 07, 2014, 11:16:45 pm
Hartford actually played in like 3 State Championship Games back in the 50's. I don't think too many folks outside of that town knows that.

Just goes to show that what happened way back when isn't stepping out on the field anytime soon to win a game for them Hustlin' Beavers(hartford always confused me with their logo and their so-called mascot..) or any other teams for that matter.

AnotherTurfMonkey

I have ran in to a few Hustlin Beavers in my time.
They will eat your wood and take you for everything you got.

OLDSCHOOL82

Yea I agree painted fan but these threads are for the ole farts.  Kids need to be in school learning not on ff. 

BEARCATSRULE

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on May 08, 2014, 05:27:20 am
I have ran in to a few Hustlin Beavers in my time.
They will eat your wood and take you for everything you got.

LOL Oh no you didn't just say that.

ViewFromAbove

May 08, 2014, 09:31:36 am #97 Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:36:42 am by ViewFromAbove
CHARLESTON  TIGER  CONSECUTIVE  FOOTBALL  PLAYOFF  APPEARENCES                     

YEAR           OVERALL PLAYOFFS HOME AWAY NEUTRAL                         
1988             9-2         1-1      0-0   1-1        0-0 
1989             8-3         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
1990             9-2         1-1      1-1   0-0        0-0
1991           11-1         2-1       2-1   0-0       0-0
1992             8-2         0-1      0-1   0-0        0-0
1993             8-3         0-1      0-0   0-1        0-0
1994             8-3         0-1      0-1   0-0        0-0
1995             8-4         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
1996             9-3         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
1997           10-2-1      2-1      2-0    0-1        0-0
1998           11-3         3-1      0-0   3-1        0-0
1999           10-2         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
2000           12-2         3-1      3-1    0-0        0-0
2001             9-2         1-1      1-1   0-0        0-0
2002           12-1          2-1      2-0   0-1        0-0
2003           13-1          3-1      3-0   0-1        0-0
2004           12-1-1       4-1      3-0   1-0        0-1
2005           13-1          5-0      4-0   0-0        1-0
2006             9-3         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
2007           12-1          2-1      2-1   0-0        0-0
2008           14-0          4-0      3-0   0-0        1-0
2009           11-1          1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
2010             9-3         1-1      1-1   0-0        0-0
2011           13-1          4-0      3-0   0-0        1-0
2012             9-3         1-1      1-1   0-0        0-0
2013           15-0          5-0      3-0   1-0        1-0
26 YEARS   272-50-2   50-22   40-9   6-12      4-1
Win %        84%          69%     82%   33%     80%

4 State Championships
20 Conference Championships

NOTE: 1987  Was the last time Charleston missed the playoffs.             
Made: '77,'80,'81,'82,'84  Missed:  '78,'79,'83,'85,'86,'87           

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ViewFromAbove on May 08, 2014, 09:31:36 am
CHARLESTON  TIGER  CONSECUTIVE  FOOTBALL  PLAYOFF  APPEARENCES                     

YEAR           OVERALL PLAYOFFS HOME AWAY NEUTRAL                         
1988             9-2         1-1      0-0   1-1        0-0 
1989             8-3         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
1990             9-2         1-1      1-1   0-0        0-0
1991           11-1         2-1       2-1   0-0       0-0
1992             8-2         0-1      0-1   0-0        0-0
1993             8-3         0-1      0-0   0-1        0-0
1994             8-3         0-1      0-1   0-0        0-0
1995             8-4         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
1996             9-3         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
1997           10-2-1      2-1      2-0    0-1        0-0
1998           11-3         3-1      0-0   3-1        0-0
1999           10-2         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
2000           12-2         3-1      3-1    0-0        0-0
2001             9-2         1-1      1-1   0-0        0-0
2002           12-1          2-1      2-0   0-1        0-0
2003           13-1          3-1      3-0   0-1        0-0
2004           12-1-1       4-1      3-0   1-0        0-1
2005           13-1          5-0      4-0   0-0        1-0
2006             9-3         1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
2007           12-1          2-1      2-1   0-0        0-0
2008           14-0          4-0      3-0   0-0        1-0
2009           11-1          1-1      1-0   0-1        0-0
2010             9-3         1-1      1-1   0-0        0-0
2011           13-1          4-0      3-0   0-0        1-0
2012             9-3         1-1      1-1   0-0        0-0
2013           15-0          5-0      3-0   1-0        1-0
26 YEARS   272-50-2   50-22   40-9   6-12      4-1
Win %        84%          69%     82%   33%     80%

4 State Championships
20 Conference Championships

NOTE: 1987  Was the last time Charleston missed the playoffs.             
Made: '77,'80,'81,'82,'84  Missed:  '78,'79,'83,'85,'86,'87         

Nice.  Where is the best place to find this info for teams?  I copied another posters post earlier.

ViewFromAbove

This was taken from Charleston Football Stats accumulated since 1985 & is for Consecutive Playoff Appearances only.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas