• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A playmakers for the 2014 Season

Started by Truckman555, April 07, 2014, 02:22:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Truckman555

To say the least, I cannot wait for high school football season. Let me hear who yall think will be some of the best playmakers in the state this next year. Of course rising Senior Ty Storey (Charleston), rising Senior Carlos Burton (Glen Rose), and rising Junior Allie Freeman (Episcopal) were all three some of the states best last year. Who else should we be keeping an eye on in 3A to have a great season?

jr17

Senior Justin Bailey at Mayflower should have a Breakout year at RB. New HC. Can't wait to see how he uses an athlete like Bailey.

adaptedtigerfan

OLDSCHOOL82

April 08, 2014, 08:23:21 am #3 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 10:37:31 am by OLDSCHOOL82
Booneville:  May, Shackleford, Berry, Smith, Ray.
Charleston:  Storey, Gurlich
G Rose:  Burton

AnotherTurfMonkey

I thought the Gerlick kid from Charleston was just an outside linebacker.
He wasn't even the best linebacker on the team last year.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on April 08, 2014, 12:19:25 pm
I thought the Gerlick kid from Charleston was just an outside linebacker.
He wasn't even the best linebacker on the team last year.

I dont know that much about the ole chuck town boys.  But, from what i saw during a scrimmage and the championship game, i think he will be a good player.  Are you saying that my opinion on playmakers must not include outside linebackers and they had to have been the best linebacker on the team last year?  I guess i dont know what the instructions where for this thread.

"Let me hear who yall think will be some of the best playmakers in the state this next year."  Sure thought i followed the instructions.

AnotherTurfMonkey

I am so sorry
I must have took the thread different than you.
I figured it was about offense.

And I never said the kid wasn't a good player
When I saw him play he looked good.
You wanna talk about the top defensive play makers @ charleston talk to Painted fan or ATF they know about the program.

-Painted Fan-

I can't wait to see how many interceptions Hayden Newhart gets for his career.
The Charleston Tiger senior-to-be defensive back has 15 so far.

soldier

Josh Woodham, Drew Duncan, and Adam Dycus - Mayflower

WildcatGrandpa13

LetsGoRed

Rivercrest- Cecil Langston, Chris Johnson, Marquez "tweet" Chew, Brayden Wilson, and keep an out on Freddy Ware, I expect big things from this upcoming lineman over the next couple of years!

Paperman

The Rivercrest kids mentioned are really good. Ware has a great deal of maturing to do, but has the body to be a force on day. Osceola will have Harold Weedon back at quarterback and the Miller kid is solid on both sides of the ball. Osceola also has some rising sophomores who could help them next season. Might be a good season at both schools.

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on April 11, 2014, 03:25:49 pm
The Rivercrest kids mentioned are really good. Ware has a great deal of maturing to do, but has the body to be a force on day. Osceola will have Harold Weedon back at quarterback and the Miller kid is solid on both sides of the ball. Osceola also has some rising sophomores who could help them next season. Might be a good season at both schools.
You left out Tevin James Osceola..

sax2play8

Qb Logan Clark, WR Jordan jones, CB Elmo Hempstead for smackover

Iron Owl

McGehee will be a team led by Juniors for 2014. The big 3 will be Jayce Snyder, Kaion Parker and Ty Grant, on both sides of the ball.

Truckman555

Kelvin Robinson, ECS runningback is like a diesel truck

cdelaney

Quote from: Truckman555 on May 01, 2014, 11:23:37 am
Kelvin Robinson, ECS runningback is like a diesel truck
Are you sure he is playing? Basketball is his #1 sport. Would be a great addition to the team- built like a running back/LB

shortbus

Cole Sears from Hoxie. QB was invited to Elite 11 in Dallas this weekend. Should have a great season. Great Kid as well.

Arkguy870

Im saying, Cameron Venzant from Harmony Grove, I had a chance to see him in a combine a couple of weeks ago. Great hands. Ty Storey, Allie Freeman, and Jordan Jones. All will  be top prospects

jr17

The Cole Sears kid has great talent.

Hootie

Quote from: Iron Owl on April 29, 2014, 11:33:52 pm
McGehee will be a team led by Juniors for 2014. The big 3 will be Jayce Snyder, Kaion Parker and Ty Grant, on both sides of the ball.

The ceiling for those three is endless. Those kids will make a huge impact this season and the next.

macadoshis

Lamar will have a sophomore running back that's big and fast.  Hunter Davenport.  He might be one to watch.  Also started playoff game last year at linebacker.

jr17

The davenport kid has got loads of potential!! Saw him in JR high and the kid looked GOOD.

reddevilfan

Davenport kid is over rated. didnt even dominate at running back in Jr High

macadoshis

I was at the Lamar/Atkins game when Davenport rushed for over 200 yards.  Also heard he put up 200 at Charleston.  Sounds pretty decent. 

-Painted Fan-

I was at the Charleston\Lamar junior high game last October. Anyone that thinks this kid is overrated has no knowledge of the game. He's the real deal.

jr17

Overrated? He put up 200 yards on your Jr high team.

reddevilfan

He also pretty much gotdominated by Paris didn't he .  He won't be the biggest guy on the field this year. Stuff comes a little easier to you when your twice the size as everyone your playing. Seen it happen many times when a Jr High kid moves up that was a stud against smaller opponent and don'tdo much against his own size. Could be wrong, just have to wait and see. Have heard from many Lamar folks that he is lazy and because he has been so much bigger than everyone doesn't put in the work needed to be better than kids with his same size. Either way best of luck to him and the rest of the team next year

OLDSCHOOL82

I would never put much faith in a stud jr high player.  Especially not their sophmore year.  Not saying they wont be successfull in Sr high ball but it may take a yr or two to adjust to the speed of the game and be a standout.

macadoshis

He's a beast in the weight room.  Squats more than anyone in the school.  Whoever said he was lazy in nuts.  He works as hard or harder than anyone.  He started the last regular season game and the playoff game at linebacker and I believe led the team in tackles in the playoff game.  Looking forward to seeing him play this fall.

AirWarren

jr17

The fact that he led the team in tackles i
A playoff game as a freshman speaks for its self. Numbers don't lie. Not saying he will be a superstar next year, but a quality player.

jr17

On another note, Justin Bailey RB from mayflower runs a 4.39 40 at the Nike sparq combine in Dallas this past weekend.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: jr17 on May 08, 2014, 10:33:54 pm
On another note, Justin Bailey RB from mayflower runs a 4.39 40 at the Nike sparq combine in Dallas this past weekend.

No matter if thats lazer or hand held thats an awesome time!

jr17

Coach Jones

Davenport is an outstanding young man, and a very good football player.  He has a very bright future.  Just like every high school player in the state he has parts of his game that he needs to work on.  To call a 14 year old kid Lazy is pretty low......even for this board.

reddevilfan

Quote from: Coach Jones on May 12, 2014, 01:47:05 pm
Davenport is an outstanding young man, and a very good football player.  He has a very bright future.  Just like every high school player in the state he has parts of his game that he needs to work on.  To call a 14 year old kid Lazy is pretty low......even for this board.
that Lazy remark came from your very own Lamar Warrior fan base. Just putting out what I've heard. Not sure why that is low,  lazy is lazy doesn't matter how old you are its part of life. 

macadoshis

Not sure who you're listening to reddevilfan, but I'd check my sources.  You can talk all you want now that you're not in the same conference.  Be thankful. He's a hard worker, plain and simple.  Word of advice, dont believe everything you here.  Haters gonna hate.  Even from the same school.  I'll bet ya a coke I know exactly who told you that.  Best of luck in your new conference.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: jr17 on May 08, 2014, 10:33:54 pm
Very impressive but he is not a "football player" he tip toes and is scared of contact. He should really think about running track if he wants to do sports in college

reddevilfan

Quote from: macadoshis on May 13, 2014, 08:47:00 pm
Not sure who you're listening to reddevilfan, but I'd check my sources.  You can talk all you want now that you're not in the same conference.  Be thankful. He's a hard worker, plain and simple.  Word of advice, dont believe everything you here.  Haters gonna hate.  Even from the same school.  I'll bet ya a coke I know exactly who told you that.  Best of luck in your new conference.
[/quot Not worried about not being In the same conference. Would have said the same thing if we played the Warriors every game. . I know you can't believe everything you hear but I heard from multiple people that's why I said that. He may prove me wrong and if he does I'll admit it. But until then I'll stick with my opinion.

jr17

I don't know hogwild. All his mail from Arkansas and Missouri makes me think he has a pretty good chance at playing college ball.

AnotherTurfMonkey

Booneville has the Ray kid that will try to fill the shoes of Harrell.
Rumor has it that Charleston has a RB that is going to be good.
QB @ Mayflower will be as good as last year.
Glen Rose will still have the best coach on the planet and also Burton.

DeeGee

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on May 15, 2014, 08:51:53 am
Booneville has the Ray kid that will try to fill the shoes of Harrell.
Rumor has it that Charleston has a RB that is going to be good.
QB @ Mayflower will be as good as last year.
Glen Rose will still have the best coach on the planet and also Burton.

Yes we still have Burton. I don't believe anyone but have said we have the best coach. As long as my son plays for GR then I will show him respect. As well I show other teams and their fans respect. Can't judge everyone from GR by a few.

Hawgeye

@ArRecruitingGuy: Smackover sophomore WR @jordan10jones ran a 4.49 time in the 40 on Thursday. Arkansas TE coach Barry Lunney Jr. visited the school same day

Blake Moss

Caleb Ferren-Rose Bud- He rushed for over 1400 yards and 14 Touchdowns in the 2013 season. In the new coaches offense hes sure to get close to those numbers, being the #1 runningback on the roster

Hogwild#9

Quote from: jr17 on May 15, 2014, 06:36:30 am
I don't know hogwild. All his mail from Arkansas and Missouri makes me think he has a pretty good chance at playing college ball.
That means nothing. They send 1000 kids that same letter

jr17

Beaver Fever

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas