• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A East Regional @ Riverview

Started by HorseFeathers, February 21, 2016, 09:16:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Tarheel

Riverview girls 27 to 13 Harrisburg  halftime

NEA Razorback olfan

tacomeat

Tarheel

Riverview  boys up after 3rd period. 25 to 18 against  Pocahontas

King

Boys:
Riverview 41
Pokey 32

Final per twitter.

King

Missco

February 24, 2016, 10:01:04 pm #7 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:14:55 pm by Missco
Gosnell beats Estem by 17

GHS_08

tacomeat

NEA Razorback olfan

February 24, 2016, 10:19:01 pm #10 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:27:54 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: tacomeat on February 24, 2016, 10:07:22 pm
So CAC over Pokey girls.

Ya they had a tough time with Williams. IMO the 4A-3 girls just isn't that strong this year.

Congrats to Pokey on a good year !!

Tarheel

Newspaper had pocahontas  winning last 22 of 23 games . Williams wasn't going to let them lose that game last night. I'm looking forward to Estem girls and Cave City match up

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe Pokeys last loss was to Brookland before last night

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Is there a link to a radio or streaming broadcast for the games?

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

EarlTheSnakeWhite

NEA Razorback olfan

Bulldog92

NEA Razorback olfan

No problem bulldog92,
Our girls are excited about returning to state the 5th year in a row.
Hats off to Heber , they never quit playing hard !

elvis26

;D congratulations to the bearcats!!!!!! I hope you go all the way!!!!!!!!!

ballislife101

ballislife101

Oldref

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 25, 2016, 06:57:08 pm
No problem bulldog92,
Our girls are excited about returning to state the 5th year in a row.
Hats off to Heber , they never quit playing hard !

Congrats to lady Bearcats on making it to state!! Good luck the rest of the way!!

ballislife101

Ghs21

Gosnell vs central
Westside vs riverview. Should be some good games. Possibly another championship rematch with Gosnell and westside !

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on February 25, 2016, 09:34:10 pm
Congrats to lady Bearcats on making it to state!! Good luck the rest of the way!!

Thanks Oldref ,
We battled injuries all season, finally getting a little  healthy, plus the addition of freshman Ford helps a lot.
Tough test tomorrow vs #1 Riverview !!

Good luck to the Lady Jackets!!

Bulldog92

NEA Razorback olfan

ballislife101

Should be some great games tonight! can not wait to go watch.
Westside vs Riverview
Gosnell vs Central
Who do yall have going to the championship? I believe it will be 2 tough games, I think it might be Riverview against Gosnell.

Tarheel

Riverview girls 15
Brookland  10 end of 1st

Tarheel

LRRandy

Any updates from today's boys action?

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls East Seeds
1 Riverview
2 CAC
3 Estem
4 Brookland

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 27, 2016, 05:03:53 pm
Westside 58
Gosnell 68
F

Sounds like there was some major ugliness at the end of this one. Prayers for the Gosnell kid. I don't see anyway he plays next week

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on February 27, 2016, 08:13:53 pm
Sounds like there was some major ugliness at the end of this one. Prayers for the Gosnell kid. I don't see anyway he plays next week

I didn't hear what happened , I just saw score on Twitter

MikeDiesel™

Gosnell player sounds like he has broken bones and such from a pretty bad foul in a breakaway.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on February 27, 2016, 08:49:01 pm
Gosnell player sounds like he has broken bones and such from a pretty bad foul in a breakaway.

Wow I had no idea, prayers for Gosnell player!!

King

Boys Final:

Riverview 52
Helena 60

Final

ballislife101

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 27, 2016, 09:16:16 pm
Wow I had no idea, prayers for Gosnell player!!
he was slammed by number 10 from westside, they have had problems with each other all year. The kid from Gosnell was dunking and the grabbed ahold of him and rammed him into the wall

chickasaw fan

Was the kid from Westside ejected?? I hope so!! No room for dirty play!!

Ctucker

No place for that! He should sit at least a game in state!

gpirates

No the player was not ejected, but should have been. As the foul was every bit flagrant and intentional. The foul came on the last play of the game with the Pirates up by 8 points.

Missco

sportsguy80

Quote from: gpirates on February 28, 2016, 06:11:37 am
No the player was not ejected, but should have been. As the foul was every bit flagrant and intentional. The foul came on the last play of the game with the Pirates up by 8 points.
Hey was he a starter or a key role player? I see that the Pirates have a good team. I hate heard to something like that.

ballislife101

Pirates #10 (Marquel Mckinney) has announced his wrist is officially broke and to please keep him in your prayers. So sad to see something like this. Something should be done to the kid from Westside, ill keep that kid in my prayers too. Hopefully, he will start having good sportsmanship.

whsbballfan

I'm here to give the other side of the story as I have noticed most of the previous posts are from the Gosnell perspective.  Number 10 from Westside is my son and this will be my only post on this subject.  First of all,  the injured player has our well wishes and nobody in our fan base wishes any type of injury to the opposing team.  For those that are saying this was an intentional act, here are the facts.  Not one of the three refs signaled for a flagrant foul as is most always the case if indeed the foul is excessive.  Furthermore,  the head of officials speaking to our coach after the game said it was a " basketball play/ a play on the ball."   Other coaches in the gym commented after the game about the unfortunate incident and it not being a "dirty play."  Both  players were up in the air as it was an impressive dunk.  There was some contact as both were going full speed.  Now what I am not hearing about are some plays made by  a certain Gosnell player, that will not be named,  at an earlier game at Westside. This player was indeed called for not one but two intentional fouls on Westside's best player as he took two forearms and pushed the player in midair causing him to land horizontally on his side as he went in for dunks/layups.  This was also the same player a year ago in the district championship who was ejected after two technical fouls. He then proceeded to the dressing room where he caused physical damage to the facility. This is not something I really wanted to bring up on a public forum but so many people on here feel they can throw stones at a kid because everything they hear on here is the gospel truth. Lastly, if I even remotely felt my child intentionally tried to cause bodily harm to an opposing player, I would seek discipline not only from me but his coach.  We here at Westside are a passionate fan base but will not stand here and be called disrespectful by some people hiding behind a keyboard. Once again, I hate that the kid was injured and he is in our prayers too.

Warrior91

Quote from: ballislife101 on February 27, 2016, 11:13:22 pm
he was slammed by number 10 from westside, they have had problems with each other all year. The kid from Gosnell was dunking and the grabbed ahold of him and rammed him into the wall

Okay let's straighten this out. The kid from Gosnell gets a breakaway and the kid from Westside trails the play and tries to block the shot. The Westside kid hits the arm of the Gosnell kid as he dunks the ball. Yes there was some contact on the play, but nothing malicious or intentional. The Gosnell kid got a little off balance from the contact and fell awkwardly on his arm causing the broken wrist. The Westside kid didn't intentionally hurt the kid and there was no "slamming" into anything. It was a clean, competitive basketball play. It was just an unlucky fall that lead to a terrible result. All three refs at the game said that it was a clean play.
No one wanted this to happen and it clearly wasn't intentional. It was a tough break for the Gosnell player and for the team, who had a legitimate chance of making a run in state. Prayers go out to the kid from Gosnell. I hated to see the kid hurt because he is a very good player and important part of their team. The kid from Westside took the situation hard and felt terribly. Let's no make a young kid the scapegoat of an unfortunate event.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas