• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Regional @ Prairie Grove

Started by razorsharp94, February 21, 2016, 12:00:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSmith

MrSmith

LRRandy

This regional is turning out to be blow out city.

MrSmith

LRRandy

Hey Beach bum. I'm not at the game but I have source watching Pea Ridge warmup and he says that they are only hitting 64.7% from three.   I'm not sayin.      I'm just sayin.

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

LRRandy

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict beach bum won't be posting here for a while.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on February 25, 2016, 09:42:20 pm
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict beach bum won't be posting here for a while.

You have not been around long enough to learn not to take me seriously.... ask Nashville posters in football season.  So yes I will be around.

beach bum

Now good luck against the Billie goats come the state tournament

Gray lizard

Great game for Pottsville Boys. Now how do you beat a team with the two bigs? 
I have been putting a lot of thought into how it can be done.  I really do not have an answer.  At first I thought play fast and try to turn them over and get shots before the bigs can get down the floor to defend. But I seem to remember them holding one of the big boys back a lot. 
Maybe just slow the game down and take only wide open high percentage shots, but that is not really Pottsville's game.
So how did Ozark manage to get a win against them?

StevenGlen

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 26, 2016, 07:51:32 am
Great game for Pottsville Boys. Now how do you beat a team with the two bigs? 
I have been putting a lot of thought into how it can be done.  I really do not have an answer.  At first I thought play fast and try to turn them over and get shots before the bigs can get down the floor to defend. But I seem to remember them holding one of the big boys back a lot. 
Maybe just slow the game down and take only wide open high percentage shots, but that is not really Pottsville's game.
So how did Ozark manage to get a win against them?

I've also given this some thought and have no answers, well at least not any good ones.  My first thoughts were also to try and out run the big guys, but so far everyone I've seen try that approach has met with failure.  BP's guards and 3 spot players are quite fast and athletic.  When the Eagles go to a smaller lineup, say only 1 seven footer, the 4 man that comes in is still something like 6'5" and gets up and down the floor well.  If this were an elimination game, I suspect Coach Thurman from Pottsville might consider a four corner stall game, like Pottsville attempted last year at the game played in Apache Land.  However, that did not work out well either.  Normally I would suggest that there is no reason to put all of your cards on the table, and show everything in this game with it not being an elimination game.  However, with both the 1 and 2 seeds from the North Region getting a first round bye at State, this game takes on a bit more importance. 

Ozark, according to their coach, shot the ball lights out from 3 point land in their win over the Eagles.  Their Coach added that he had not seen his guys shoot the ball that well the entire season.  So here is the equation, shoot several 3 point shots and hit about 80% of them and you may stand a chance. 

TigerMan2005

Once again the great hype of pea ridge fails to make it to state. How many years in a row is this?

razorsharp94

Pottsville's Shane Thurman is a very good coach. That program has taken off since he has taken over. Congrats to Pottsville on the W.

pridgehog

Good luck to all the teams left in this Region, I hope someone can beat Monticello or Malvern.

StevenGlen

I want to give a giant thank you to the folks working the Tournament.  For those of us who have to jump in the car and head straight to the gym the hospitality room has been amazing.  There has been some delicious food and plenty of it to go around.  Thanks for everyone's hard work in feeding some world class chow hounds, like me! 

LRRandy

February 26, 2016, 10:51:49 am #118 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:17:24 pm by LRRandy
So. How does Ozark do against Huntsville tonight?  I saw a very efficient, good shooting team the other day when I watched Huntsville. Ozark has the players to get out and defend. It will be fun to watch. I say Huntsville by 3.

razorsharp94

Quote from: LRRandy on February 26, 2016, 10:51:49 am
So. How does Ozark do against Huntsville tonight?  I saw a very efficient Todd shooting team the other day when I watched Huntsville. Ozark has the players to get out and defend. It will be fun to watch. I say Huntsville by 3.

Huntsville is 2-1 vs Ozark, but Ozark won the last matchup.  From what I was told Huntsville didn't shoot very well which is rare for Huntsville to do.  I like Huntsville's length vs Ozark, but Ozark may have the athleticism edge in this matchup.  Whatever happens it will be a fun game tonight.  It's going to be a great night tonight at Prairie Grove.  Wish I could be there.

Gray lizard

Steven I am not going to get to tune into you tonight.  Wife agreed to going to the game of course I have to provide a motel room for the weekend and Rogers is the closest I could get. Go Pottsville

Ole Legend

Quote from: TigerMan2005 on February 26, 2016, 09:55:56 am
Once again the great hype of pea ridge fails to make it to state. How many years in a row is this?

I just hope you aren't from PG.

beach bum

Huntsville and Ozark for the battle of the ole pig trail will be the best matchup tonight. It is not often teams not in the same conference play 4 times in a year. Its not only a great matchup on the court but which fans will bring the most mullets and rebel flags to the stands in this one? See LRrandy I don't just dish it out to the country club crowd either  :)

StevenGlen

Getting my pregame prep work done for tonight's broadcast of the Eagles and Pottsville and one thing has me confused.  How did this Baptist Prep team lose 8 games??  Who were they playing?  Golden State, Cleveland, Duke, Kansas, who?? 

Seriously the only 4A team I know that beat the Eagles was Ozark?  I'm guessing that Prep plays several bigger Little Rock metro schools or they travel and play teams from out of state, kind of like Pulaski Academy's football team?? 

I may or may not enjoy the outcome of tonight's game but I always enjoy watching them play and this match up.

My first game tonight is the 7:00 game with Pottsville and Berryville on the ladies side of the bracket.  As I prepare my stat sheet three things come to mind about the Lady Cats: 1. How many players named Smith can one 4A team have, 2. Does anybody in the State have more freshman players who contribute, 3. How good is this team going to be as all of these Freshman become upper classman?  Oh and a fourth question comes to mine, is anyone recruiting Alley Teague?  Looks like she could play a little at the next level in my opinion, but I'm not a coach.  I'm seriously just a fan who someone gave a microphone to some 30 years ago. 

LRRandy

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 26, 2016, 02:44:00 pm
Getting my pregame prep work done for tonight's broadcast of the Eagles and Pottsville and one thing has me confused.  How did this Baptist Prep team lose 8 games??  Who were they playing?  Golden State, Cleveland, Duke, Kansas, who?? 

Seriously the only 4A team I know that beat the Eagles was Ozark?  I'm guessing that Prep plays several bigger Little Rock metro schools or they travel and play teams from out of state, kind of like Pulaski Academy's football team?? 

I may or may not enjoy the outcome of tonight's game but I always enjoy watching them play and this match up.

My first game tonight is the 7:00 game with Pottsville and Berryville on the ladies side of the bracket.  As I prepare my stat sheet three things come to mind about the Lady Cats: 1. How many players named Smith can one 4A team have, 2. Does anybody in the State have more freshman players who contribute, 3. How good is this team going to be as all of these Freshman become upper classman?  Oh and a fourth question comes to mine, is anyone recruiting Alley Teague?  Looks like she could play a little at the next level in my opinion, but I'm not a coach.  I'm seriously just a fan who someone gave a microphone to some 30 years ago.
You are correct. Ozark is the lone 4a loss. Lost to Maumelle (5a), Pulaski Academy (5a), Monroe Louisiana Carroll at Monroe ( Mike Anderson sat behind my wife at that game). Lost to Washington, Il ( host school of tournament of champions). Had 3 losses in the next level tournament in Nashville, Tn, One loss came to Spain Park, Al team coached by former Razorback Al Dillard ( it was fun talking to him about shooting from the Hogs tail all those years ago). 8 losses. A tough schedule played. Some humbling moments to be sure. Hopefully prepared the boys for these next two weeks. 

NoSize

As LR Randy stated, Baptist Prep had a very tough non-conference season and played quite a few out of state teams.

If you look at Max Preps Strength of Schedule, you will see that Monticello has a 1.9, Malvern has 3.3 and Baptist has a 10.1

http://www.maxpreps.com/division/ar/-w8_1iWsCkKxJBJmwqL0vQ/basketball-winter-15-16/playoff-class-4a.htm

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

LRRandy

Huntsville is playing sloppy and shooting poorly. Ozark d has something to do with it.

MrSmith

MrSmith

LRRandy

Ozark pressure man to man bothered Huntsville. Numer 12 from Huntsville was the only player that could get his own shot. The others are spot up shooters and an Ozark player was always there to defend. Great game Ozark. Super effort.

MrSmith

MrSmith

HorseFeathers

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

LRRandy

Pottsville playing stall ball. Rarely looking at the basket. I understand it's a strategy. But dang, play some basketball.

MrSmith

LRRandy

I came to watch a Basketball game and a nap broke out. Zzzzzzzz

MrSmith

beach bum

Quote from: MrSmith on February 26, 2016, 09:47:13 pm
Final
BP 39
Pottsville 26

My only guess is that Pottsville tried stall ball at some points in this game particularly in the first half hoping it gave them a chance in this one? If not then both teams played awful on offense.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on February 26, 2016, 10:54:07 pm
My only guess is that Pottsville tried stall ball at some points in this game particularly in the first half hoping it gave them a chance in this one? If not then both teams played awful on offense.
your only guess would be the right guess. Trying to shorten the game by holding onto it. Can't blame them for trying but sheesh it reminds me of pre shot clock college basketball, Dean Smith style.

MrSmith

MrSmith

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas