• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7AA East weight meet???

Started by Rida4Life, April 13, 2006, 01:30:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

I heard only JC and Norphlet showed up.  Is everyone else just that far down or what was the deal????????

Jesus Saves

Bearden was going to compete if Coach Perrin stayed but he left and for the second year in a row we won't compete in weight meets nor will our 2nd coach in 2 yrs.  be with the team in the spring. 

Rida4Life

man...I know that sucks for your program....you guys have some very talented athletes...I hope you get it turned around!

The-Bookie

Glad to hear Norphlet competing this season.  How did Chris Blackledge do?

Norphlet finished no better than third in any weight class. I am not knockin Norphlet cause all the other schools didn't even bother to come. I respect them for competing.

The-Bookie

Yeah, still a young team this year.  It will get better.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: The-Bookie on April 14, 2006, 02:12:40 pm
Glad to hear Norphlet competing this season. How did Chris Blackledge do?

Came close in the bench press.   Topped out at 285 or 290 I believe. 

One of the JC kids benched 350

kav

Good for him, the bench press is just a pissing contest. Olympic style lifts are where show true strength, power, explosiveness, and athleticism.

amehr36

Well considering you and about 90% of high school kids cant get 350, he must pee a whole lot better than most of us.

The-Bookie

April 19, 2006, 06:16:49 pm #10 Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 06:20:28 pm by The-Bookie
Did you ever get to 350 Kav?  I know after lifting only about a year on and off you were above 300.  Dan does about 385 to 400.  350 is pretty impressive for a 17 year old kid much less if he is younger.  Dan did 365 in HS and didn't get much playing time.  I only benched 215 in highschool.  I think it's mostly in the legs.  I had a legit 475lb squat as a junior.

amehr36

I got 320 my soph. year and then dropped about 20 lbs a year after that....dont quite understand....i think its cause i only cared about bench that year.

kav

Right before I moved and quit I had been lifting 1.5 years and I got 335. Was close grip benching 315. Now I'm getting back to working out but I'm just trying to get trimmed down for the wedding.

kav

Just thought I would add that Lance Oden that used to work at healthworks and is in conway now would agree it is a pissing contest. Last I talked to him he was benching 430.

amehr36

Ok ill lower my numbers to about 85%  :P

How did JC  do at the state meet last weekend??

The-Bookie

Since they were probably the only AA team to show up again, I imagine they won :-\

Maybe more teams need to put emphasis on strength. Lets see, how many schools have made the semi's last 5 years?/   

The-Bookie

doniarebel64

The Dragons finished second to Perryville in state. They lost by only 15 pounds. I believe the top six teams were all double AA or going to be AAA. The seventh place team was AAAAA. I will double check the results.

footballfan

Freshman Demarcus Kemp set three state records in the meet.

farmtown balla

post them..why would you say that and not put down the records?

amehr36

Quote from: footballfan on April 27, 2006, 06:55:51 am
Freshman Demarcus Kemp set three state records in the meet.

I remember coaching him in 7th grade my senior year,  he was small but freaking fast,  we didnt really know where to put him so we decided to put him at nose guard and let him shoot gaps, worked pretty well.  Im happy for him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas