• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel football ?

Started by MrThunder2004, January 31, 2006, 10:42:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TomThumb

Ouch....Thunder Boy you prolly need to run.....Theres nothing to say to that....

xtremewildcat

March 02, 2006, 09:55:52 am #101 Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 10:38:57 am by xtremewildcat
Wilson, you are at least giving an opinion, even though your opinions are misinformed. Like the guy said, Scooter left because he had two children in college and he wanted to draw two checks. It definitely was not the talent. You were also  incorrect about politics being the main problem at ED. The main problem here is single parent homes and all this talent you people are talking about is being wasted. They are not eligible to play football here. We have a ridicules 2.5 GPA requirement to play sports. Were at JC it is, correct me if I am wrong, only 2.0. If your theory was correct, Gill would have never started last year and we would not have won 3 of our last four games. Not to mention a dominating victory over the #4 team in the state. I will tell you this, I wish ED had the program JC has. However, JC has a decent coach that has built a system over many years. I am here to tell you, JC would struggle if they had lost two coaches in three years. That is why I still say, that kid that has the ED suck syndrome, has the mentality of a band student. If you look and see, TYPICALLY, football players and former players, tend to never make such idiotic comments degraiding other programs. Even though that is what this board if for. We tend to give opinions based on our knowledge, like Wilson did. Even if the opinions are off the mark. I tend to jump in when there is misinformation being propagated and I can correct it. As I have stated before, that lineman/band guy has the right to say what he wants, but I would like for the football players and ex football players to leave the idiot statements to the idi.... well you know.

Juice-Man

Dear Mr. Thunder,

El Dorado SUCKS!!!!

Love, Chamillionator.........

You know in your heart that El Do will never do anything as long as the sun shines during the day.  As a matter of fact, the guy that told me ya'll suck was one of your star running backs that used to go to JC.  And no I will not talk about El Dorado on the 6A board because I'll get booted out of there for bringing a sorry team to the head of subject.  You're right here where you belong, right with Hermitage and Parkers Chapel.  Enjoy it!!

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Chamillionaire on March 02, 2006, 10:35:58 am
Dear Mr. Thunder,

El Dorado SUCKS!!!!

Love, Chamillionator.........

You know in your heart that El Do will never do anything as long as the sun shines during the day. As a matter of fact, the guy that told me ya'll suck was one of your star running backs that used to go to JC. And no I will not talk about El Dorado on the 6A board because I'll get booted out of there for bringing a sorry team to the head of subject. You're right here where you belong, right with Hermitage and Parkers Chapel. Enjoy it!!

Do you have a prediction on ED next year or were you just trying to pour more gasoline? If you have a prediction, what is it. We may can lay a friendly wager.

Juice-Man

I don't know El Do's schedule much less do I care because if they play 10 games they'll win at the most 3-4.  And if by freak chance they make it to the playoffs, they'll lose in the first round.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Chamillionaire on March 02, 2006, 10:56:09 am
I don't know El Do's schedule much less do I care because if they play 10 games they'll win at the most 3-4. And if by freak chance they make it to the playoffs, they'll lose in the first round.

Their preconfrence schedule will be PB, CF, and that La. 5a powerhouse they played last year. I say ED goes 6-4 and wins at least one playoff game. I will put a case of whatever you drink on it.

MrThunder2004

March 02, 2006, 11:06:31 am #106 Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 11:11:12 am by MrThunder2004
The only thing that Chamillionaire has is other people telling him stuff about  El Dorado. Does Chamillionaire know what really goes on ? Prolly not.

If Juction City went through three head coaches in four years. They would have a problem too.  Who does Juction City really play that is really good in their conference ? Nobody. They got that @$$ handed to them last year when they went up to smackover and got killed by a team that went 1-9 in 2004. It sounds to me if Juction City lose to Smackover again this year. They need to shut up about El Dorado..

El Dorado play a lot of good teams, they are in a tough conference. Juction City is in this weak 7AA East conference where they play Parkers Chapel, Norphlet, Hermitage, Hampton, and etc......

If El Dorado play the teams that Juction City plays. El Dorado would be in the playoffs too every year. If Juction City played the team that El Dorado plays, they would have a hard time.

You can think what you want.  I'm going say this. Anytime a football player talks bad about his on team. He don't have a lot of respect, if he had respect he wouldnt be talking bad about his own team, and he is on the team for all the wrong reasons.

You can't always expect to go 14-0 and get in the playoffs every season like Juction City. You have your good years and bad years.

When El Doraod had their good years, nobody would say anything. They lose couple of games and have two bad seasons. People get on here and say they suck.

Too whom every said that El Dorado could had won atleast 3 state championships.

Juction City could had won one in 1999,  2001, and 2002. WHat happen there ?? I wouldn't be talking about El Dorado. yall should shut up and worried about how bad yall going get beat by Smackover or Norphlet this fall.

El Dorado will be back. It's going be funny when El Dorado is at the State Championship in 2006. While Juction City is up in the stands taking notes. If you want to watch real football come up to class 7A or 6A. Juction City don't play anybody in 2A. They have the weakest conference.

You should feel real sorry for yourselfs for playing a team like Hermitage. Killing  them by 50 points doesn't prove your a good football team now does it ? Tha shows you don't have class and that much respect for other teams.

Juice-Man

Aww shut your g00ber suckers up.  If El Dorado was in the same boat as JC you'd beat teams 50-0.  But El Do is in the same boat as Hermitage.  And JC has respect for everyone.  JC is the only team I've ever seen to go to one knee when a player on the other team is injured.  I really don't care about what goes on at El Do.  The coaches may change but the players' abilities and skills do not.  That's not an excuse for El Do sucking.  The 7AA East was once a tough conference until schools consolidated and the whole state classification changed.  Rison was like the LR Central of AA football but JC still beat them at least 60% of the time.  Has El Do beat Central 60% of the time?  NO!!

So let's review shall we...

El Dorado Wildcats suck, JC is a powerhouse every year since '98.  That's eight years and every year getting better.  Last year was a down year because we lost all the starters.  With the group moving up and the group waiting to move up, JC will win state a couple more times in the next 5 years.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Chamillionaire on March 02, 2006, 11:23:35 am
Aww shut your g00ber suckers up. If El Dorado was in the same boat as JC you'd beat teams 50-0. But El Do is in the same boat as Hermitage. And JC has respect for everyone. JC is the only team I've ever seen to go to one knee when a player on the other team is injured. I really don't care about what goes on at El Do. The coaches may change but the players' abilities and skills do not. That's not an excuse for El Do sucking. The 7AA East was once a tough conference until schools consolidated and the whole state classification changed. Rison was like the LR Central of AA football but JC still beat them at least 60% of the time. Has El Do beat Central 60% of the time? NO!!

So let's review shall we...

El Dorado Wildcats suck, JC is a powerhouse every year since '98. That's eight years and every year getting better. Last year was a down year because we lost all the starters. With the group moving up and the group waiting to move up, JC will win state a couple more times in the next 5 years.

When you make your statements, make sure you don't put your foot in your mouth. If you look at the past eight years our record against LRC is almost the same as yours is against Rison. Did you not know that we played them for years in our preconfrence schedule and almost defeated them the year they went undefeated. I don't think your record is 60% against Rison in the last eight years, but my man down there is getting back to me with the facts. One thing you also must LEARN, it is a proven fact that as you go up in classifications, teams are way more inconsistent. Our record the past eight years is comparable to LRC. If you did not know, LRC, would in your words "suck" almost every  year other than the two years they had those dominant teams. Like I said, you guys can say all you want about one anther, but when you don't use facts and you are talking about ED, I will give my 2 cents.

amehr36

March 02, 2006, 11:43:23 am #109 Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 11:46:56 am by amehr36
So let me get this straight...we win 20 something straight conference games, get beat once by 20...and now were in the same boat as El Dorado?? We make the semi-finals 5 years in a row and ACTUALLY WIN the state game we get to, and you wanna say were just like the pathetic Wildcats??  PLEASE.....you get beat AT LEAST 3 or 4 times in conference EVERY YEAR.  Then when by some act of God you make the playoffs you lose AGAIN.  There is no way to compare how sucky El Dog is in comparison to JC.  The only comparison is that out of all the people you get to choose from you still cant come up with a team of Junctions caliber.  Seriously in the past 5 years JC would have beat El Dorado at least 3 of the 5 times, so go back to your higher boards where the teams that actually do get to spank you every year, can talk trash.

P.S.  IF Eldorado wins state and Junction does not, you can pm me and i will send you and the whole freaking eldorado team on a cruise where the coach can "touch" some more players...

xtremewildcat

Quote from: amehr36 on March 02, 2006, 11:43:23 am
So let me get this straight...we win 20 something straight conference games, get beat once by 20...and now were in the same boat as El Dorado?? We make the semi-finals 5 years in a row and ACTUALLY WIN the state game we get to, and you wanna say were just like the pathetic Wildcats??  PLEASE.....you get beat AT LEAST 3 or 4 times in conference EVERY YEAR.  Then when by some act of God you make the playoffs you lose AGAIN.  There is no way to compare how sucky El Dog is in comparison to JC.  The only comparison is that out of all the people you get to choose from you still cant come up with a team of Junctions caliber.  Seriously in the past 5 years JC would have beat El Dorado at least 3 of the 5 times, so go back to your higher boards where the teams that actually do get to spank you every year, can talk trash.

P.S. IF Eldorado wins state and Junction does not, you can pm me and i will send you and the whole freaking eldorado team on a cruise where the coach can "touch" some more players...

It is funny that you are making my point. You can't compare the two. Is there any team from last years 5A that could hold up to JC's record. heck no. There in no program to come close.The reason there is none, because it is difficult to build a program as dominant as JC's in 2a. But it is 10 times as difficult at the 5a level. All I can say is, I am a fan of JC. I actually find myself defending the team against people from JC. I work with a lot of intelligent people from JC. They don't think JC is as good you think they are. They are a lot more critical. It is hard to win in football for a long period of time.(8years) But let me tell you this. My x-wife is a teacher at JC. I asked my oldest son if he would have rathered go to JC and have the good season they had, or was he glad he stayed in ED. He said what most kids would say, he wanted to stay with the people he grew up with. He said he also is glad he played against 4 of the top 5A teams in the state of AR. and one of the best teams in the state of LA. He said that showed him and his coaches he could play on the next level.

amehr36

Well, to be quite honest, i too have supported el dorado some in the past.  My very first statements were just that el dorado is never as good as they should be.  Then the trash talk starts, and of course no matter what class your in, if your team is winning and another one isnt, it is quite fun to make the other teams supporters look dumb. 

xtremewildcat

March 02, 2006, 12:52:46 pm #112 Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 12:57:08 pm by xtremewildcat
Quote from: amehr36 on March 02, 2006, 12:49:20 pm
Well, to be quite honest, i too have supported el dorado some in the past. My very first statements were just that el dorado is never as good as they should be. Then the trash talk starts, and of course no matter what class your in, if your team is winning and another one isnt, it is quite fun to make the other teams supporters look dumb.

LOL

I have a question about PC that no one answered. There are a some people at my plant from PC that say there are a lot of people at PC that do not want the football team because they feel the concentration on FB killed their good BB team. Anyone can tell me if there is a movement to stop PC football?

TomThumb

Its pretty sad when a couple of Eldo flunkies have to come down to the AA board to get some respect.....but what you you guys get??? Well just ask yourself this question. What did the five fingers say to the face??

Rida4Life

at what point did this stop being a post about Parkers Chapel????? ;D

amehr36

I too have wondered that about PCs bball being down because of more of a focus on football...im pretty sure it has something to do with it.

Dragon#40

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 02, 2006, 09:55:52 am
. It definitely was not the talent. You were also  incorrect about politics being the main problem at ED. The main problem here is single parent homes and all this talent you people are talking about is being wasted. They are not eligible to play football here. We have a ridicules 2.5 GPA requirement to play sports. Were at JC it is, correct me if I am wrong, only 2.0. If your theory was correct, has. However, JC has a decent coach that has built a system over many years.

A 2.5 GPA is not hard to acheive, especially in high school. The single parent thing is nothing more than an excuse, I played with several players from single  parent homes (high school & college)
and that never stopped them from learning. I came from a single parent home and if I came home with bad grades, that single parent would tear my but up. How many parents a kid has at home means nothing when the kid is at school from 8-3. That is more than enough time to get a child to learn, if the teachers don't give up on them( this happens a lot). I work with kid's everyday and I know what it takes to motivate a child and get him/her to work for me.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Dragon#40 on March 02, 2006, 02:14:10 pm
. It definitely was not the talent. You were also incorrect about politics being the main problem at ED. The main problem here is single parent homes and all this talent you people are talking about is being wasted. They are not eligible to play football here. We have a ridicules 2.5 GPA requirement to play sports. Were at JC it is, correct me if I am wrong, only 2.0. If your theory was correct, has. However, JC has a decent coach that has built a system over many years.

A 2.5 GPA is not hard to acheive, especially in high school. The single parent thing is nothing more than an excuse, I played with several players from single parent homes (high school & college)
and that never stopped them from learning. I came from a single parent home and if I came home with bad grades, that single parent would tear my but up. How many parents a kid has at home means nothing when the kid is at school from 8-3. That is more than enough time to get a child to learn, if the teachers don't give up on them( this happens a lot). I work with kid's everyday and I know what it takes to motivate a child and get him/her to work for me.

If you can back up what you just said, you could make a lot of money. It is my opinion as well as 90% of the statistics show that children from a 2 parent homes greatly out perform children from single parent homes. You have your opinion. and I have mine. Do this for me. Could you ask 10 guys on the JC football team, if there was a 2.5 gpa requirement, how many players would be ineligible. I will do the same and we will compare our data.
I have tried and tried for the past weak to get back on topic, but it seams like YOU PEOPLE keep wanting to talk about ED. When you talk facts about ED, you will lose. Reason, we have talked about all this on the 5A board for the past 2 years.

Juice-Man

I'm gonna take a page from your book now xtremewilcat.  You just told Dragon#40 that if he could back up what he just said he'd make a lot of money.  Little known fact to you is that he is an elementary teacher.  He is great with those kids and he used to be the most smashmouth football player you'd ever seen.

And your rebuddle to my last post was idi.... well you know.  Preseason DOES NOT count, almost beat DOES NOT count.  If you think El Do is not that bad, put them against any Louisiana team... any classification.... and I'll bet you they'll give you a shock.  What "powerhouse" team from LA did ya'll play?  You better not say Ruston or any team similar because if any team of that calibur spanked ya'll, El Dog is a sorry team.

Wilson

Keep thinking I am missinformed fellas.......you have absolutely no idea who I am.....and how close to the Eldo program I am ......or perhaps even what "Coaches" I tend to play golf with and hang out with on a regular basis from your great school system.   Defend it if you want.....your call.......I just know how frustrated they are and just "what it is" that frustrates them.     

And with Scooter you whole leaving to get 2 checks ....one......his deal in Eldo was better than the "2" he has now.    Just going by "insiders" ::)   And 2 if he was so worried about retiring and getting out of the public school system so he could get 2 checks then why did he freaking apply for 4 or 5 jobs that were public school jobs before leaving for Catholic?........Bentonville........Rogers, and several others that just had you scratching your head............one reason.....he wanted out.     It was a well known fact.   

Oh....and I thought you said you were not coming back down to the AA board........done with us or whatever.......Mrthunder?......just by going back on your "word" just makes you wonder how good your word is............volly!

thebigshot

March 02, 2006, 07:39:37 pm #120 Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:48:12 pm by TheBigShot
Quote from: Chamillionaire on March 02, 2006, 06:14:10 pm
I'm gonna take a page from your book now xtremewilcat. You just told Dragon#40 that if he could back up what he just said he'd make a lot of money. Little known fact to you is that he is an elementary teacher. He is great with those kids and he used to be the most smashmouth football player you'd ever seen.

And your rebuddle to my last post was idi.... well you know. Preseason DOES NOT count, almost beat DOES NOT count. If you think El Do is not that bad, put them against any Louisiana team... any classification.... and I'll bet you they'll give you a shock. What "powerhouse" team from LA did ya'll play? You better not say Ruston or any team similar because if any team of that calibur spanked ya'll, El Dog is a sorry team.

You want to talk about smashmouth. Why don't Juction City line up with Springdale, LR Catholic West-Monroe. Than you can talk about a power house teams. You going sit here and call Juction City a power house team ? A power house team don't lose 4 games in a season like Juction City did this past season. A power house team don't get beat by 20points by Smackover. How many times have Juction City beat Rison in the last 6 years ? 1 time !!!

I got a nice fact for you. El Dorado beat LR Central two times in 6 years. 2000 El Dorado beat LR Central 7-3. 2002 El Dorado beat LR Central 18-8. Oh yeah, I forgot to say something, In 2003 LR Central power house Offense couldn't score on El Dorado's Defense in 2003. What does that tell you ? LR Central defense scored on El Dorado during that game. One of our starting running backs drop the ball and LR Central run it back for a touch down. The Final score was 10-0.

I'm going give it to you. Juction City was a power house in 2003, Nobody could stop yall. The best team just about in Arkansas. If Juction City could line up with Springdale, LR Catholic, West-Monroe or any other team in class 7A or 6A. Juction City would get killed.  SO what if El Dorado had some bad years. So if Juction City have a bad year this year in 2006, Im going sit here and say yall suck @$$. Just like what your saying about El Dorado.

In 1998, it was El Dorado's first year of being a 5A team. I heard everybody said they would get killed that year because they are moving up a class. They went 10-3, and went 7-0 and 5A south Conference.

Let me make a fact. Louisiana is bigger than Arkansas. If El Dorado was in Louisiana. El Dorado would be a 4A school.  If Ouachita, LA was in Arkansas they would be a 5A school. If Juction City played Ouachita, LA they would get that @$$ kicked.

Juction City is not a power house. The only year Juction City was a power house was 2003. Juction City is in a weak conference. You can say the 7AA east WAS the best conferences in the state. WAS and NOW mean two different things. Was is in the past. Now is the future.  Playing a team like Hampton or Hermitage don't get a team better. It just give your younger players more playing time.

Lets talk about putting Juction City against any Louisiana team. Oh wait, didn't Juction City get beat by Homer, LA in 2005. I think so. Why keep talking about El Dorado cant beat a Louisiana team. When Juction City can't beat one themselves ? 2002 Juction City got killed by Mansfield, LA by 20 pts Why go on talking about El Dorado cant beat a team from Louisiana. When Juction City can't beat one ? That is a good question. You can sit here and call Juction City a power house team. A power house team don't lose by 20pts .

El Dorado beat Ruston, LA in 2004 31-21.. Go ahead and say that was by luck. . A close game is always a big win.

Dragon#40

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 02, 2006, 05:45:06 pm
Quote from: Dragon#40 on March 02, 2006, 02:14:10 pm
. It definitely was not the talent. You were also incorrect about politics being the main problem at ED. The main problem here is single parent homes and all this talent you people are talking about is being wasted. They are not eligible to play football here. We have a ridicules 2.5 GPA requirement to play sports. Were at JC it is, correct me if I am wrong, only 2.0. If your theory was correct, has. However, JC has a decent coach that has built a system over many years.

A 2.5 GPA is not hard to acheive, especially in high school. The single parent thing is nothing more than an excuse, I played with several players from single parent homes (high school & college)

If you can back up what you just said, you could make a lot of money. It is my opinion as well as 90% of the statistics show that children from a 2 parent homes greatly out perform children from single parent homes. You have your opinion. and I have mine. Do this for me. Could you ask 10 guys on the JC football team, if there was a 2.5 gpa requirement, how many players would be ineligible. I will do the same and we will compare our data.
I

Can't compare data to experience sir. Statistics also has teachers teaching Benchmark, IOWA and other standerdized test , when we all know there is more useful information in text books.

amehr36

So you just made our point...a team that loses 4 times in a season and gets beat by 20 isnt any good....that means  EL DORADO IS NO GOOD.  Thank you for being so stupid.  And for all this talk about how much "better" the bigger classes are...with teams like El Dorado invovled, it would make one wonder if that class really was better.  You get to choose from so many more kids, yet you still suck...come on..whats your excuse for that?

xtremewildcat

First, Paul Wall Chamillionare, when I said back it up, I was talking about the single parent kids not performing so well. If he can write a book that can even address that problem, and how he achieved, in spite of, he would make a lot of money. Think about this, my son and I could not come up with one player from the 9th grade to his 12th grade year, who was ineligible and from a two parent family. I am surprised to here that he is an educator and he has the views he has. Every teacher I have ever talked to, has told me the reason why most of the kids have so many problems is because they come from broken families. But hey that's his opinion.
Two years ago, we beat the s#$% out of Ruston. So don't bring them up again. The coaches wanted to play a team from down there that was one of the best. West Monroe was not available, so we played Ohachata Parish. They were a top 5A school and were very good last year. If you look at ED, we have traditionally scheduled top teams in our preconferance games. Please don't confuse preconference with preseason. Preconference are games that count on your record. That was given because, I bet somebody we would go 6-4. Some teams, like CF, pad their record by playing down in classification in preconference. ED has traditionally driven from north AR, to Texas, to north LA, to play the best teams we could find.

Hey Wilson, all I can go by is what Scooter told me, a couple of the the coaches, who told me, and what he said to other people I know. If he told you something differant, go figure. I have never had Scooter shoot me BS, so I take him at his word.

TomThumb

BigShot- You are a simpleton. How can you compare JC to Eldo?? The reason JC doesn't line up against Springdale, and Central is because they are a AA team. Its rather sad when your claim to fame is you beat Central 2 out of the last 6 years....I don't think they give trophies for being lucky once in a while....

Super Scrapper

Quote from: Chamillionaire on March 02, 2006, 10:56:09 am
I don't know El Do's schedule much less do I care because if they play 10 games they'll win at the most 3-4. And if by freak chance they make it to the playoffs, they'll lose in the first round.

I think everyone needs to go to After the Whistle and be as rude as you and instead of

praying for you on your thread start talking about PC football.   Maybe then you would

get a clue.  You are one of the rudest people on FF. 
  >:(

thebigshot

March 03, 2006, 12:33:59 am #126 Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 12:41:24 am by TheBigShot
Quote from: amehr36 on March 02, 2006, 10:30:32 pm
So you just made our point...a team that loses 4 times in a season and gets beat by 20 isnt any good....that means EL DORADO IS NO GOOD. Thank you for being so stupid. And for all this talk about how much "better" the bigger classes are...with teams like El Dorado invovled, it would make one wonder if that class really was better. You get to choose from so many more kids, yet you still suck...come on..whats your excuse for that?

Who is our point ? I was trying to make my  point.

Juction City lost 3 or 4 games in 2005, and got beat by Smackover by 20pts..... My point is Juction City is not a Power house team...... Get the facts right boy.

TomThumb

Why are there so many non-AA teams posting on the AA board???  If you don't like whats going on....Leave and go back to your teams designated board.

thebigshot

Im going post this again.................

You want to talk about smashmouth. Why don't Juction City line up with Springdale, LR Catholic West-Monroe. Than you can talk about a power house teams. You going sit here and call Juction City a power house team ? A power house team don't lose 4 games in a season like Juction City did this past season. A power house team don't get beat by 20points by Smackover. How many times have Juction City beat Rison in the last 6 years ? 1 time !!!

I got a nice fact for you. El Dorado beat LR Central two times in 6 years. 2000 El Dorado beat LR Central 7-3. 2002 El Dorado beat LR Central 18-8. Oh yeah, I forgot to say something, In 2003 LR Central power house Offense couldn't score on El Dorado's Defense in 2003. What does that tell you ? LR Central defense scored on El Dorado during that game. One of our starting running backs drop the ball and LR Central run it back for a touch down. The Final score was 10-0.

I'm going give it to you. Juction City was a power house in 2003, Nobody could stop yall. The best team just about in Arkansas. If Juction City could line up with Springdale, LR Catholic, West-Monroe or any other team in class 7A or 6A. Juction City would get killed.  SO what if El Dorado had some bad years. So if Juction City have a bad year this year in 2006, Im going sit here and say yall suck @$$. Just like what your saying about El Dorado.

In 1998, it was El Dorado's first year of being a 5A team. I heard everybody said they would get killed that year because they are moving up a class. They went 10-3, and went 7-0 and 5A south Conference.

Let me make a fact. Louisiana is bigger than Arkansas. If El Dorado was in Louisiana. El Dorado would be a 4A school.  If Ouachita, LA was in Arkansas they would be a 5A school. If Juction City played Ouachita, LA they would get that @$$ kicked.

Juction City is not a power house. The only year Juction City was a power house was 2003. Juction City is in a weak conference. You can say the 7AA east WAS the best conferences in the state. WAS and NOW mean two different things. Was is in the past. Now is the future.  Playing a team like Hampton or Hermitage don't get a team better. It just give your younger players more playing time.

Lets talk about putting Juction City against any Louisiana team. Oh wait, didn't Juction City get beat by Homer, LA in 2005. I think so. Why keep talking about El Dorado cant beat a Louisiana team. When Juction City can't beat one themselves ? 2002 Juction City got killed by Mansfield, LA by 20 pts Why go on talking about El Dorado cant beat a team from Louisiana. When Juction City can't beat one ? That is a good question. You can sit here and call Juction City a power house team. A power house team don't lose by 20pts .

El Dorado beat Ruston, LA in 2004 31-21.. Go ahead and say that was by luck. . A close game is always a big win

Juction City is not a power house team when they get beat by 20pts. You can say that about El Dorado all you want. Im going say it all I want about Juction City getting trashed by Smackover, and a Louisiana team in 2005.

READ, LEARN, AND GET THE FACTS RIGHT !!!!!

Did Juction City beat a Louisiana team in 2005 ? NO they got beat by Homer, LA ....

Juction City lost 3 or 4 games in 2005. They are not a power house team. They shouldn't be talking when they got beat by Homer in 2005.....

Again .............

READ, LEARN, AND GET THE FACTS RIGHT !!!!!

thebigshot

March 03, 2006, 12:49:24 am #129 Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 12:57:39 am by TheBigShot
Hey xtremewildcat, I don't think anybody have a clue what we are talking about.  I did my best about making a point about Louisiana teams and Arkansas teams. Didn't work I guess.  Im ready for football season to get here, so people can see what El Dorado is all about. El Dorado will be in the top 5 in 2006..

We try to make a point, but all these "Light Weight" guys from the 2A board act like they are on their period or something. lol

This topic has caused a lot of drama.

Eldocatfan

Quote from: Wilson on March 01, 2006, 11:42:31 am
guess what putting language on here that is clearly cursing with several letters replaced with # and * will not be well liked by the mods. You were trying to be the board police earlier and then you come with that pathetic game?......and you call us light weights?........well.....guess I would rather be a fan of a light weight that gets to the semi's every year than a team that gets punked out left and right in the BIG division. Yall have about as much football history as Mexico...........and you want to talk smack?..........

And nobody said anything like that about Register..........Register is a good coach.....plain and simple......and he had a sweat deal at Eldo.....and left it..........why you ask?......I will tell you why. Because at Eldo it is not about who is best playing.....it is about who has the parents that can get in the right persons ear and have his son play. Eldo has had as much or more talent in the past 10 years as any team at the 5A level. PERIOD. and what do they have to show for it?........ZIP....NOTHING.............and they had one of the best coaches in the state.........and he got so freaking frustrated up there that he got in his SUV and headed north to a team that has absolutely no tradition.....and got them to the semi's this year. He is that good a coach........especially when he is not handcuffed by parents and boosters who want to have their hands in the day to day operation of a "HIGH SCHOOL" football team. That is whats so pathetic. Eldorado could have a couple of state titles from Register if they would have left him alone to do his job. He still did a good job "in spite" of what he had to deal with. This is not a opinion Mr. Board Nazi. I know quite a bit more about he program that you think.......cause I know several of the boosters who seem to want too much say in the program.....and they will even admit they medal.....which is the most pathetic part.

Facts are.....you had one of the best coaches......he threw his hands up finally and said I'm done and left. You have meddling boosters who more than likely have cost you a state title or 2 and most definitely cost you the head coach. And you have absolutely no football tradition because of this.

I was not going to "go off" like this till the "Message Board Nazi" decided he wanted to throw that kinda crap around. Take shots.....don't take shots........I don't care..........you will have no satisfactory answer as to why you have no state titles unless you just want to say.........Eldo wasn't that good..........and you will have no answer as to why Scooter cut and ran. Come up with you theory's all you want.....but when you were being paid like Scooter was you don't just cut and run and apply for every job that comes open for 2 years. Until the current way of doing things is changed in Eldorado they will continue to be average most years with a decent year thrown in every now and then. Enjoy.

OK, I have had enough.  I had to stop right here and didn't even read the "rest of the story".  You people from the 2A schools who think you know so much need to stop.  It has apparently become the thing to do with some of the 2A people to bash El Dorado.  The truth is you do not have a clue what you are talking about.  I have taught at El Dorado for 15 years and have NEVER been told to give a student a grade.  Teachers talk and I have NEVER heard of any teacher being told to give a student a grade.  I am also a close personal friend of Coach Register.  He retired from Arkansas public schools and went to Little Rock to coach in a public school.  Good for him - drawing retirement and making a good salary from a private school.  I also taught at Junction City and had two nephews who played both football and baseball there so I am very aware of the success/failures in football.  Junction wins a championship and suddenly they have the right to criticize El Dorado.  Well, buddy, there may not be much difference in 2A and 5A baseball but there is in football so get over it.  My point is stick to your successes and leave El Dorado alone.  Why worry about us?  By the way,  I don't see many students, black or white, knocking down the door to leave El Dorado to play football at Parkers Chapel.  I think I might talk to them a little more than you people do.  Oh, and the comment about the doctor's and the lawyer's sons playing, well I know one graduate of El Dorado who is a lawyer's son who is playing football at Rice with a football scholarship.  I know of a doctor's son who got a scholarship to play football at Arkansas State in football and baseball. Of course, they only got to play because of who their parents are. 

snooplaw

March 03, 2006, 05:09:47 am #131 Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 06:46:36 am by Snoopdawg
I tried to warn y'all that Eldocat was a tough & ornery old heifer.  :o I knew it was only a matter of time until she entered the melee cutting a wide swath.  Not only does she teach at El Dorado, she used to coach, and was well known for  intimidating officials and  opposing coach's to high heavens.  Supposedly, she made Bobby Knight cry :'( like a little girl once upon a time.  I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to get smart with her.

kav

As far as single parent vs two parent. I actually have something semi-intelligent to say about that. My fiance did her thesis work on the academic and discipline differences between single parent (specifically divorced parents) and two parent households. She found that it is a disadvantage to be from a single parent household in the sense that the students from them did worse with their grades and were much more likely to get into trouble both in and out of school. Now, there are exceptions to this rule and different demographics then the one that was available to her might give different results but that was the naked truth of a year and a half long study she did on the subject. If you question it you should be able to find a copy of the thesis in the library at the University of Louisiana at Monroe.

My 2 cents.  Scooter was a good coach and a good person. El Dorado in my opinion does underperform considering the booster program they have ($$$), wildcat Dome, great home stadium, the whole towns support (as in other towns there are more than one school). This should mean at least one State Championship every ten years and maybe (big maybe) one losing season every ten years.  In comparing Apples to Apples Junction is a powerhouse in my opinion. Name me the other teams in the state (of ANY classification) that can say they went to the state semis 5 years in a row. Not many ( if any)  i think. Now apples to oranges junction could maybe beat eldo one year out every 5, but that is why they are in different classifications. With El Dorado now being in the second highest classification that only has 16 teams, there is no excuse not to be a perennial powerhouse with all the facilities and support they have. My respect to Both ElDo and JC for scheduling top quality and often larger schools in non confernce games. This pays huge dividends come playoffs.  As for PC, give them a year or two and they will be comptetive. They don't do nothing half a** and have the resources to build quality facilities and such!!

xtremewildcat

Quote from: A-O on March 03, 2006, 12:43:59 am
Why are there so many non-AA teams posting on the AA board??? If you don't like whats going on....Leave and go back to your teams designated board.
Go back and read my previous post and you will see we were drug in this by some untrue statements made about us by some 2A fans. I have consistently tried to get this thread back on topic, but it seams there is a lot of people from the 2A that has a lot of strong opinions about ED. I don't care what their opinions are, but don't try to make your opinions fact because I maybe the most knowledgeable person on ED football because I don't have a life outside following my kid's football carrears.

xtremewildcat

March 03, 2006, 10:40:38 am #135 Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 10:59:13 am by xtremewildcat
Quote from: kav on March 03, 2006, 08:12:08 am
As far as single parent vs two parent. I actually have something semi-intelligent to say about that. My fiance did her thesis work on the academic and discipline differences between single parent (specifically divorced parents) and two parent households. She found that it is a disadvantage to be from a single parent household in the sense that the students from them did worse with their grades and were much more likely to get into trouble both in and out of school. Now, there are exceptions to this rule and different demographics then the one that was available to her might give different results but that was the naked truth of a year and a half long study she did on the subject. If you question it you should be able to find a copy of the thesis in the library at the University of Louisiana at Monroe.

Thank you with the research that gives credibility to my opinion. Remember what I said in my earlier thread, "I" thought that single parent homes was where you could find a lot of talent in ED. But a lot of them were ineligible to play football. That was in response to someone who said the reason that ED was sorry was politics drove these kids from playing. I have talked to at least 25 kids that played football with my sons when they were younger but don't play now. Why do they not play? 100% of the black kids told me GRADES. 75% of the white kids said Baseball, the other said GRADES. I only asked 4 white kids.

xtremewildcat

March 03, 2006, 10:52:40 am #136 Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 11:00:01 am by xtremewildcat
Oh, I forgot, I may not be the most knowledgeable person on ED football. Eldocatfan can throw down with anyone. Once again. I promise to take my ED posse back to the 6A board if you guys leave us out of your mouth.
Let me try to end this by stating, I am a very big fan of JC. I even pulled for PC in BB because Forrest played football with my son, In Smackover by the way, and Emanuel played BB on my boysclub team with my son. Come up to the 6A board and talk about us, don't do it here.

Oh yea don't forget about the other lawyer's son, triathlete, Head Hunter Anthony. He runs a 4.4 and will knock your d$%^ in the dirt. He will probably play two sports in college.

Juice-Man

The whole reason El Dorado got brought into this is because we were saying how El Dorado kids would come to PC to get a fresh start.  Now as for you BigShot, Louisiana has 1A and Arkansas doesn't.  Junction City is twice the size of Bernice but both are AA schools.  You figure that one.  Also, how could you compare the JC and El Do.  El Dorado is 5 times the size of JC and has 30 or better more players.  Most of JC's players play both ways.  El Do's should have one person for every single position (offense, defense, and special teams).

Super Scrapper, HOW DARE YOU!!!  You try to go what I'm going through and still want to have a little fun on here.  I quite possibly have stomach cancer and you wanna get on here and tell people to be rude to me because I asked them to pray for me.  I hope you live with a lot of guilt after you realize what you did.

And for the comments that single parent homes are unsuccesful, it's been nothing but my mom, me and my 3 sisters since I was 2 and I still made it out with a 3.8 GPA without doing homework or touching a pencil until test time.  I made a 26 on my ACT's and finished it before anyone.  Some single parent homes are not succesful but some 2-parent homes are not either.

To sum this all up, I know JC has sucked for many many years.  I just started 7th grade when we first got any good.  El Dorado has a longer football tradition than JC.  That's why I say El Do is not as good as they should be.  You've had years and years of ups and downs.  JC has had years of downs and finally got some ups.  I like El Dorado's football team.  I used to watch them play when JC had an away game.  The atmosphere there is great.  But El Dorado has been having trouble winning anything good.  Who knows, ya'll might win state this year.  But don't try to bash JC because they graduated almost every starter and still made it deep into the playoffs.

Now I will try to get this back on topic so you El Do "faithful" will quit pitching hissy fits about someone else talking about your team........

Parkers Chapel will not do well for the next 5 years at least.

Happy now?

amehr36

I say if your only amongst 15 other teams you better be able to be in the top 5....and i also say if we would have played El dorados schedule weda done probably about the same as they did....in 03 we would have done better.

TomThumb

Why are the Eldo losers still hanging around? It's bad enough you have made fools of yourselves but now you called in a woman.....No wonder you guys are so good at football.....

Wilson

Juice JC would be 1A in Louisiana according to enrollment figures.    We "should" be 1A in Arkansas but the principles and AAA decided that they could not stand for our highest classification in sports be 4A.   We have as a whole in Arkansas roughly 60% as many high schools as Louisiana.   

And the whole argument about us losing to La teams.......here are the facts.   Mansfield is a AAA school in La.   Which in Arkansas enrollment would be a 4A school .  They have close to the same enrollment as Alma and Greenwood or at least would be in the same class.   Now how close in actual enrollment I am not sure.    That just goes back to the whole La having more schools and the AAA mandating we should have only 2A through 5A schools playing football at the time.     Mansfield is 2 classes above us.......as is Alma and Greenwood.     Just knowing that its hard for a team 2 classes below in enrollment to compete in football........sheer numbers.....depth......that's how it works....when you have more kids to choose from the odds are you are gonna have a better team (all things being equal except numbers).   No 2 way players and more good players to rotate so fatigue does not get to you.     

Back to Mansfield.   In 02 when we lost to Mansfield they wound up with only 1 regular season loss that being a 2 point loss to Bossier high school.   Bossier went 10-0 that year.    Mansfield then went on to lose a close game to the eventual Louisiana AAA state Champs Notre Dame of Crowley that year.    Finishing 11-2.      In 01 though JC beat Mansfield at Mansfield one of only 2 regular season losses for them that year when they lost to Winnfield and Bossier High .    They also advanced to the quarters that year.    (I know all of this about Mansfield and La football because I have lived in Bossier the last 6 years so don't try to get to telling me I don't know anything about these teams).     Last years loss to Homer was a close game at Homer......Homer went into the playoffs as the #3 seed in AA (which would be AAA in Ark remember....Warren and Nashville size enrollment) from power points.    Its not like JC steps down in class and plays lower class teams and gets smacked around.     

Eldo did lose to a very good 2005 Ouachita team (in 2004 OPHS went 4-6 and missed the playoffs).....that happens......but Ouachita is a 4A team....not a 5A Louisiana team.........they would be in the same class as Eldo if they played in Arkansas.....but Ouachita is has lost about 25% of its students in the past 6 years because of Sterlington and Richwood's schools annexing part of OPHS's school district.     Richwood got "ALL" of Ouachitas south Ouachita parish kids.....which is where a bunch of their main players over the years have come from.    Jamie Spencer (Notre Dame)  Eric Wright (Notre Dame) and Marcus Hudson (LSU)     Sterlington moved out on 165 and their town limits moved with them and the whole Frenchman's bend area was added to their enrollment.    Ouachita barley hung on to 4A status so they are barley a 4A team in La.   ..............and bragging about beating Ruston is really not much to hang your hat on......they have had one season with more W's than L's in the past 6 years.........and that was this year (Billy Laird's second with the program).    Coach Reeder got fired because they were so bad.......Ruston has been down for a while.

This whole argument that JC is not a powerhouse program is laughable.    When you look at a team and say if they are a powerhouse program you look to their class to see if they are a powerhouse.    Not if they can beat teams of a high classification.    If that was the case you would not say that Rison or Barton would be a powerhouse program.    JC has been to the semi's the last 5 years winning a state title in that time.    If that is not the a powerhouse program I don't know what is.      Have fun in your new 16 team league.    Remember this though.    If you don't finish in the top 10 of a 15 team league you are not that good..........If you do.....you will get my congrats......I hope you do because I have plenty of friends connected with the program......they just don't look at the program through the rose colored glass and sip the kool aide like some of the Eldo faithful.

Eldocatfan

About time you showed a little respect, Snoopdawg! ;)

MrThunder2004

Quote from: Wilson on March 03, 2006, 01:25:27 pm
Juice JC would be 1A in Louisiana according to enrollment figures. We "should" be 1A in Arkansas but the principles and AAA decided that they could not stand for our highest classification in sports be 4A. We have as a whole in Arkansas roughly 60% as many high schools as Louisiana.

And the whole argument about us losing to La teams.......here are the facts. Mansfield is a AAA school in La. Which in Arkansas enrollment would be a 4A school . They have close to the same enrollment as Alma and Greenwood or at least would be in the same class. Now how close in actual enrollment I am not sure. That just goes back to the whole La having more schools and the AAA mandating we should have only 2A through 5A schools playing football at the time. Mansfield is 2 classes above us.......as is Alma and Greenwood. Just knowing that its hard for a team 2 classes below in enrollment to compete in football........sheer numbers.....depth......that's how it works....when you have more kids to choose from the odds are you are gonna have a better team (all things being equal except numbers). No 2 way players and more good players to rotate so fatigue does not get to you.

Back to Mansfield. In 02 when we lost to Mansfield they wound up with only 1 regular season loss that being a 2 point loss to Bossier high school. Bossier went 10-0 that year. Mansfield then went on to lose a close game to the eventual Louisiana AAA state Champs Notre Dame of Crowley that year. Finishing 11-2. In 01 though JC beat Mansfield at Mansfield one of only 2 regular season losses for them that year when they lost to Winnfield and Bossier High . They also advanced to the quarters that year. (I know all of this about Mansfield and La football because I have lived in Bossier the last 6 years so don't try to get to telling me I don't know anything about these teams). Last years loss to Homer was a close game at Homer......Homer went into the playoffs as the #3 seed in AA (which would be AAA in Ark remember....Warren and Nashville size enrollment) from power points. Its not like JC steps down in class and plays lower class teams and gets smacked around.

Eldo did lose to a very good 2005 Ouachita team (in 2004 OPHS went 4-6 and missed the playoffs).....that happens......but Ouachita is a 4A team....not a 5A Louisiana team.........they would be in the same class as Eldo if they played in Arkansas.....but Ouachita is has lost about 25% of its students in the past 6 years because of Sterlington and Richwood's schools annexing part of OPHS's school district. Richwood got "ALL" of Ouachitas south Ouachita parish kids.....which is where a bunch of their main players over the years have come from. Jamie Spencer (Notre Dame) Eric Wright (Notre Dame) and Marcus Hudson (LSU) Sterlington moved out on 165 and their town limits moved with them and the whole Frenchman's bend area was added to their enrollment. Ouachita barley hung on to 4A status so they are barley a 4A team in La. ..............and bragging about beating Ruston is really not much to hang your hat on......they have had one season with more W's than L's in the past 6 years.........and that was this year (Billy Laird's second with the program). Coach Reeder got fired because they were so bad.......Ruston has been down for a while.

This whole argument that JC is not a powerhouse program is laughable. When you look at a team and say if they are a powerhouse program you look to their class to see if they are a powerhouse. Not if they can beat teams of a high classification. If that was the case you would not say that Rison or Barton would be a powerhouse program. JC has been to the semi's the last 5 years winning a state title in that time. If that is not the a powerhouse program I don't know what is. Have fun in your new 16 team league. Remember this though. If you don't finish in the top 10 of a 15 team league you are not that good..........If you do.....you will get my congrats......I hope you do because I have plenty of friends connected with the program......they just don't look at the program through the rose colored glass and sip the kool aide like some of the Eldo faithful.

There is no top 10 in class 7A and 6A. With only 16 teams in each class. It would be dumb to have a top 10 in those two classes. Thats why they are going have a top 5.

amehr36

Im sure however, if eldo finishes between spots 6 and 10 you guys will act like you are awesome again...

snooplaw

xtremewildcat

Quote from: amehr36 on March 03, 2006, 11:38:43 am
I say if your only amongst 15 other teams you better be able to be in the top 5....and i also say if we would have played El dorados schedule weda done probably about the same as they did....in 03 we would have done better.

I, and everyone I talked to here was against the separation. You see, we have discused all of these subjects for months already. A kid from CF summed it up perfectly, we would rather be a 5-5 team in the old 5A than a 8-2 team in the new 5A.
Hey Wilson, was OPS out of Monroe a 5a champ at one time? Why did they move down. Was it population shift? Also Wilson, I argued with a lot of JC people when they were upset because JC lost to Mansfield. You see Carpenter is like Scooter and his disciples. He tries to play the toughest competition he can find in pre conference. It is nothing to be ashamed of when you lose those games because they do prepare you if your conference is weak. That was my point. We saw that Ruston was down, so we looked for another team. JC and ED should be given props for trying to find the best competition to play. Hey you have gained a lot of respect with your post because they are filled with a lot of good data. Go ahead and admit that you are from ED.

And hey A-O, if I wanted to get someone to watch my back in a bare knuckle brawl in an alley. I may call you. But if I wanted to  win a million dollar account for my business, which requires someone that is well read and has a love for data. I call the old woman. You Sabby?

Wilson

March 03, 2006, 07:35:09 pm #146 Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 08:12:59 pm by Wilson
Yes OPHS has won the state title in La at its highest Classification........twice I do believe.   Not sure if it was 5A.....Louisiana didn't go to a 5A till the early to mid 90's and I think OPHS won their titles in 89 (which was 4A still at the time it was the largest class)......and I think they won it in 92 or 93.   That was during a stretch where what was district 2-4A and then what was 2-5A was the district you didn't want to mess with in La football.     In a span of like 6 years you had OPHS win twice , Ruston once, Neville once and then West Monroe getting their first title in 93.    The 1990 Ruston team is still called by some the best team to ever play in La high school history.    That includes several Evangle and West Monroe teams that won fictitious National titles.   

The reason OPHS moved down in class I kinda explaind in my previous post.   They lost kids to 2 other school districts.    They lost enough to Sterlington to move them from a class 1A team to a 2A team.  Word is that Sterlington soon will move to 3A because of the urban sprawl of Monroe northward along HWY 165.    (The loss of students from OPHS to Sterlington has kinda coincided with Sterlingtons assention to elite status in La small school football).  That and Sterlington has one heck of a coaching staff led by Coach Ashley.      The other loss of students came from South Ouachita parish......(south of Carroll along HWY165 to the Caldwell parish line)   The Richwood school district was created about 4 years ago.   It and the new Sterlington school were built at the same time and are virtuall carbon copies of one another from the ground up.....both were built big enough to school enough kids to be a large 4A or small 5A school.   They were built with the increasing of population in mind so that they could acomidate the expansion of the greater Monroe area. ......back to Richwood......OPHS lost enough kids to creat a 3A school (which is losing enough kids to fill Magnolia High school in Ark)    You look at all the kids that OPHS lost and you realize just how big a school it used to be because it is still a 4A school in La.     Thats why folks in on the East side of the Ouachita river have been upset for the past 9 or so years......one of the largest schools in terms of enrollment in La and they have not done anything so to speak since Coach Mike Vallery left in the mid 90's for the Sherman, Tx job.     Pat collins took over for a while and had them kinda knocking on the door again but he then left for the Longview, Tx job.    The guy they hired after Collins was a stop gap when hired because they thought Vallery would come back after getting 10 years in Texas but he took the job as Kilgor, Tx Head football coach and AD (100 grand a year is the word)  They then hired Coach Carr who is one heck of a coach....and if they can keep him for a while they will win a state title with him.    That 4A district is like the old 2-5A district when you include Bastrop (2005 4A state champ) and Neville (4A semifinalist 3 out of the last 4 years)

When I talked about powerhouse programs I said that small schools have to be measured in their own class.......but I just remembered about one exception.......Haynesville, La from the mid 80's till the early 2000's before Red Franklin retired.    In 94 the year after West Monroe won their first 5A state title Red took Haynesville into West Monroe and beat the Reb's in their house.    That's a 1A team beating the defending 5A champs.    Haynesville is the only exception.......... ;)   everyone else has to be measured in class.....

There was a rumor at one time that Sterlington and JC were going to get a home and home for last year and this year but it fell through......I hear tell that JC is working on a home and home with OCS right now.....that would really help JC when it comes to preparing for a team that passes the ball well ....plus OCS always has well coached disciplined teams that execute well.......that can do nothing but help them.   I hope they can get that worked out......there are several teams from North La that JC could try to schedule.......Rayville, Haynesville, Springhill, Homer, Oak Grove, OCS and Sterlington.....Jonesboro Hodge which is only 30 minutes south of Ruston would also be a good team to play.....that had Charles Scott this year who was the Gatorade player of the year and signed with LSU (4 star RB) those are the types of team that JC needs to schedule to get better.    If they had played JBH, Rayville, Oak Grove, OCS or Sterlington any one of those teams would have been the best team JC would have played this year.....I am a Arkansas High School football fan first and formost but to be honest La football in the lower classes is leaps and bounds ahead of us.   That's why little ole 1A Haynesville beats 4A Magnolia just about every year. ....and if you take that once in a lifetime team of Springdale away there would not be a team in Arkansas 5A that could have stayed on the field with West Monroe this past year.    If West Monore and Springdale had played it would have been a great game......I think Springdale would have probably won by 10 or so.....but WM was real good.  I saw them play 3 times this year......including the Semifinal win over Baton Rouge Catholic and the finals win over Acadiana......West Monroe had 2 cornerbacks that signed D1 including a 4 Star that signed with LSU......plus a 4 Star QB in Ensminger who signed with Auburn.   They had a linebacker sign D1 plus a JR D-lineman that will be one of the top five D-line Sr's in America this coming year.   If the Db's from WM could have played like they normally do it would have been a interesting game.  They completely shut down Catholic and their passing attack......    Would have been a fun game to watch.     Springdale though was just a cut above every team I saw this year other than Longview, Tx.    I think if Longview and Springdale played it would be a toss up simply because of their defense.    They also had a 4 star rb that signed D1....with Texas I think. 

and no I am not from Eldorado......have a bunch of friends from there and played summer legion ball with a bunch of them.    Call several of those guys good personal friends to this day and that has been some 17 years ago.

xtremewildcat

Good info.

Man, that is a lot of respect for SHS. To say they could have hung with Longveiw TX. I saw that team and they were as good as they were hyped.
One more question, how did Ouachita Parrish do overall this year, regular season and playoffs?

Wilson

8-2 regular season.......lost bad to Neville cause of a bad 1st 5 minutes......was behind 20-0........and then lost a close one to Bastrop....

Made the semi's and was ahead by 17 and then lost by 2 to Bastrop finishing 11-3...........Bastrop went on to win state beating Breaux Bridge in Shreveport....

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Wilson on March 03, 2006, 10:29:42 pm
8-2 regular season.......lost bad to Neville cause of a bad 1st 5 minutes......was behind 20-0........and then lost a close one to Bastrop....

Made the semi's and was ahead by 17 and then lost by 2 to Bastrop finishing 11-3...........Bastrop went on to win state beating Breaux Bridge in Shreveport....

The only think that left a sour taste in my mouth was, we had our second offence and defence on the field by the middle of the third period. They had their starting QB and RB in there past the halfway point of the fourth. I don't know what other starters played as long as they did. They were just the obvious ones. I know my son was on the bench by the end of the third. One thing I will concede, our backup sophomore QB ended up being our starting QB and our best QB. If it wasn't for him and our sophomore RB, we would not have scored that game.
I know it sounds like sour grapes but it seams they were trying to pad that QB's and RB's stats. They sure did get a lot of points and yards in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas